AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 17:27   Link #41
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
It's still stupid to help a child who you realize can be a possible danger to humanity get stronger by training him. Plus giving him some sort of goal to live for if you gonna tried to kill him later. Why not make him feel like he should die so he can commit suicide if you feel he is that much of a threat if you can't physically kill him. Since he is still is a child and we know is he became afraid of himself when he realize he had a crazy power.
It'd been more dangerous to leave him alone to be raised by an unknown party with less than nice intentions. If he pushed Iuli too far, who knows what might've happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
What annoys me isn't that a character thinks he become that strong, it's that if the author made his master say that there is a high chance that at some point troll mode will activate and the master will indeed reach that power level.
I'm sure he'll never reach such height, but when the time comes for him to strut his stuff I'm sure we'll all give him points for effort.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 17:38   Link #42
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
It's still stupid to help a child who you realize can be a possible danger to humanity get stronger by training him. Plus giving him some sort of goal to live for if you gonna tried to kill him later. Why not make him feel like he should die so he can commit suicide if you feel he is that much of a threat if you can't physically kill him. Since he is still is a child and we know is he became afraid of himself when he realize he had a crazy power.
Etto... did you actually read the entire volume? When Julius found Iuli he was just an utterly weak and young boy. There was no way he would be able to guess that Iuli would become that powerful in the future.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 17:56   Link #43
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Etto... did you actually read the entire volume? When Julius found Iuli he was just an utterly weak and young boy. There was no way he would be able to guess that Iuli would become that powerful in the future.
Yes I did. Even after he realized that Iuli had that kind of power. He still trained and raised him despite that. If he felt that afraid of him since he awaken that power. He could easily kill him by taking advantage of the boy distress mental state to kill himself.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 18:53   Link #44
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Yes I did. Even after he realized that Iuli had that kind of power. He still trained and raised him despite that. If he felt that afraid of him since he awaken that power. He could easily kill him by taking advantage of the boy distress mental state to kill himself.
Maybe because Julius had to make sure that Iuli would not destroy the World at least for now? Julius even created a collar to supress Iuli's mana. He couldn't just abandon Iuli like that and go trein on the mountains.

Spoiler for Julius:

Here it says that Julius did not take care of them for 3 years after the incident.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 08:43   Link #45
DiamondBanker

i just found this title from http://bato.to/forums/topic/19625-wh...commendations/ and decide to search the synopsis from animesuki, to know more about the story, and MC personality.

after read some comment about MC weakness, i decide not to read this story. it just not me to read a story about OP MC with naivety like that. i guess the story about him getting pummeled by some random weak girl, and got ridiculously strong when someone hurt them.
DiamondBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 08:50   Link #46
laon
Hantai

He's ridiculously strong regardless, his default state isuch that he can destroy dimension just by doing nothing, but yeah his weakness is very stupid though without that plot device there won't be any need for other character (read: his harem) I suppose, so it's a necessary evil.

I just hope that the author don't repeatedly use the trope he used on volume 1.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 08:58   Link #47
Jirachier

No it's an unnecessary evil.
Yes he is overpowered as hell, and if you made such a character you need to keep him as such and make a story revolving around that kind of plot, you can't make someone the greatest being alive and several times stronger than everyone else yet give him an extremely stupid weakness, if you want to make other people useful in fights just don't make him this OP from the start, if you want him OP then don't create a ridiculous weakness that is just there so for.. I honestly don't know what it's for because I think that once he goes full broken mode without the seal he probably roflstomp everyone regardless of it. The true evil here is harem, and like I always say, harem ruins stories(unless it's dealt with seriously, which is NEVER EVER done).
Old 2014-09-10, 09:24   Link #48
dragon1412

Quote:
No it's an unnecessary evil.
Yes he is overpowered as hell, and if you made such a character you need to keep him as such and make a story revolving around that kind of plot, you can't make someone the greatest being alive and several times stronger than everyone else yet give him an extremely stupid weakness, if you want to make other people useful in fights just don't make him this OP from the start, if you want him OP then don't create a ridiculous weakness that is just there so for.. I honestly don't know what it's for because I think that once he goes full broken mode without the seal he probably roflstomp everyone regardless of it. The true evil here is harem, and like I always say, harem ruins stories(unless it's dealt with seriously, which is NEVER EVER done).
well depend on series, i'd say Campione deal with Harem matter quite well and create a reasonable situation for the girl to work but this one.... to be blunt, his weakness is stupid, sure he may have chilvary and what not, but i can't understand how on earth did it turn him completely powerless under a girl, completely no reasonable explaination why is that happen.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 09:36   Link #49
laon
Hantai

To be fair, lots of restriction and situation on campione are stupid as well.
Old 2014-09-10, 10:23   Link #50
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
To be fair, lots of restriction and situation on campione are stupid as well.
that's true but at the very least, it isn't something make people goes "what the.. " like this guy, campione restriction sometimes might seem a little stupid, but this guys case is just ugh..
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 10:28   Link #51
laon
Hantai

Can't argue with that , hopefully the author will come with acceptable reason for that since the exact reason to his power isn't even known.
Old 2014-10-03, 13:48   Link #52
casgoldsmith

I finished vol 1
so pity

I don't like feminist mc
Old 2014-10-03, 14:18   Link #53
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol i just want to say, what a MC tard..,..
Yeah he is OP,but how in heavens he had a weakness like that?
The same you put him a time limit and works better, (yes i know, time limit we got plenty but is almost reasonable if you compares with iuly weakness)
Also may the litle sister be a trap?
And what with his misoginist master, he treats him as crap yet he say maybe he will murder him?
Are you tard? You think iuly wll comply with that? If not tard master will be risking all the world, coz iuly in ráge withouth choke-eraser all behind him....

Well really i lke this LN, but is a little stupid various things...
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 14:44   Link #54
casgoldsmith

and the world is half "void"
Old 2014-10-03, 15:19   Link #55
Quol
That Guy

Well i find it fine. Even though his weakness is woman his only real weakness is high speed, high offense close combat woman not exactly a common archetype since so many focus on magic. Plus if he takes his choker off he could probably avoid every single attack from an all female army.

Im a fan of any OP mc's so this ln will be something i will check up on. Plus im guessing later in the story he will make a decision of "I will protect my harem even against other woman!"
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:25   Link #56
bludvein

Quote:
What annoys me isn't that a character thinks he become that strong, it's that if the author made his master say that there is a high chance that at some point troll mode will activate and the master will indeed reach that power level.
I haven't read this yet, but does the master really seek to kill his student (who is viewed as a threat by virtue of his power) by becoming more powerful? That makes no sense.

Doubt I'll read this since it sounds like the MC is really the type I hate. Not attacking women is one thing, not defending yourself from them is another. Most ridiculous situational nerf ever.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:27   Link #57
casgoldsmith

Kamijou Touma, where are you? Come here and teach a lesson for this mc
Old 2014-10-03, 15:28   Link #58
casgoldsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I haven't read this yet, but does the master really seek to kill his student (who is viewed as a threat by virtue of his power) by becoming more powerful? That makes no sense.

Doubt I'll read this since it sounds like the MC is really the type I hate. Not attacking women is one thing, not defending yourself from them is another. Most ridiculous situational nerf ever.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-03, 17:32   Link #59
bludvein

I actually did read vol 1 just now, and Iuli makes even less sense. I understand his power-up threw off his already poor mage skills, but I'm even more confused with his bullshit weakness? Even with his "no hitting" policy, he is a superman who should be more than capable of dodging or just plain running away like he did with Yukiha. Also, how does not wanting to fight women = automatic defense fails when they come into range? If he wanted to keep his policy of not fighting them, it would make more sense to keep that shield and just tank everything, right?

Sorry, this guy's "chivalry" is just too contrived. If he's gonna keep that habit, can the author please restrain it to at least Kenichi levels...

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-10-03 at 17:59.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 17:51   Link #60
Juggernaut

Worst MC ever not picking this up.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem