AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-05-17, 17:08   Link #2741
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ars Nova is perfectly fine material for a game who focus more on gameplay. Also, it's just a gacha game. Is it worth getting annoyed over? I'd rather use my brain-cells for something a bit more important than getting upset over a gacha game.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2019-10-05 at 04:47.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 10:45   Link #2742
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So I just marathoned ch. 110 through ch. 129 and HOLY SHIT!! A LOT of things happen and we finally get answers for many questions:
  • Lex & 2501 crew is still enjoying the festival and then following the 3 Prime Ministers of Japan.
  • Turns out the "duel" between Haru-Kiri vs. Taka-Ata in the facility area is just Kotono's trolling. There's really no deeper meaning beside that although Kotono said it's "for experience"
  • Then it is revealed that Facility 4 incident is actually an accident. It was a colateral damage when Yamato wanted to pick up Kotono who has been chosen. Yamato felt guilty and now she finally able to revive the victims after such long process using the silver material inside the building.
  • Repulse & Vampire kick Mutsu's ass outta nowhere with a FOG NUKE!!!
  • After that, Repulse-Hakugei alliance is marching forward to the US of A towards San Diego. But the US officer aboard the Hakugei warned them that the good ol' Uncle Sam might not be so noble to entrust the Vibration Warhead to.
  • Admirality Code/Gretel turns out to have a connection with Chihaya's mother's Izumo family in the past. And she was friends with Kaoru Izumo back in Berlin.
  • Admirality Code/Gretel/Verdict showed herself & revealed that she's basically an agent of the Creator/God and has been watching over Earth for more than 4 Billion years (that's more or less the age of Earth itself according to recent science). All that happened in front of Kotono-Yamato, the MMs, Kamikage & Japan's three PMs.
  • The FOG is Verdict's tool to test how humanity will "master war". But since FOG ships are now sentient, they are now being tested by Verdict as well along with the rest of humanity. And now she really means to test them by directly mind-speak to everyone on Earth revealing what she wants which basically: "prove yourself or perish".
  • Oh, and we finally arrived to the point where I-401 was severely defeated. Unlike in the anime where 401 (with only Gunzo & Iona aboard) was sunk by 400 & 402 after out-maneuvering Kongou, manga-401 has all the crew aboard but without Gunzo and it was shot down by Nagato after out-maneuvering Mutsu. And we don't get Takao's sacrifice here since her near-death experience already happened before this. Instead, Gunzou is now coming to the rescue. Interesting how the anime must have received some outline by Ark Performance and needed to rearrange events.
  • Gunzo left Hashira-jima with an old sub but then getting an ominous feeling that he has to kill Gunshota when Verdict mind-spoke to everyone? What? Need more info.
  • The Iwo-Jima chapter is so damn amusing. Poor Ashigara & Nachi This is One Piece-level of genius mini-story arcs that you get in each manga chapter for the fallen villains .
  • The Omake about the 20th anniversary of Ark Performance is really neat too. I love how 400 & 402 keep roasting their creators .
Old 2021-10-01, 01:56   Link #2743
Tenzen12

While festival was fun and it brought out massive reveal, it's also first time Japanese fog fleet had any diplomatic dealing in official capacity and with Kongou here some legit threaty may be on the way. I wonder if that may go as far as opening blockade altogether (oh and Kongou looks great).

Also I don't think Vampire understand how superior-subordinate relationship is supposed work...

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-10-01 at 02:12.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 02:53   Link #2744
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Honestly, Vampire acts like the cooler vice-president/secretary who manages all the important things in the name of the less-cool president (typical anime Student Council style ).

I can't even begin to think how Hakugei + Repulse + Vampire will be able to sneak pass the NA FOG fleet. Lexy is in Japan right now but if other members of the American fleet patrolling near the area are just as smart as Lexy, the Hakugei alliance will be screwed. We already know how one smart large battleship (Nagato) was able to screw I-401 without Gunzo calling the shots.

Also, the glimpse of the young POTUS working together with a NA FOG ship inside the White House looks really ominous. Seems like it will kinda go to where the anime was headed in terms of America not being trustworthy for the Vibration warhead.

Side note: I laughed out loud when I saw Takao getting the Absolute Room to stay .
Old 2021-10-01, 04:00   Link #2745
Tenzen12

True, noone with such haircut can be trusted!

Well Proffesor being in Japan is sort of big deal. It means no flagship equipment. Both Kongou and Nagato had one, so they have that going for them. I should be barely doable, especially if Repulse got stashed second nuke somewhere. Well, in worst case scenario Takao should join them at least (with Gunzo and Ioris on deck). Best scenario might involve Hyuga taking whole her fleet as well.
Old 2022-07-06, 02:41   Link #2746
Quyenbezt

Somehow, when Repulse started building that big ass nuke, i had Vampire go " that is a big f*** love " in my head. I really like these duo.
Quyenbezt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-06, 03:23   Link #2747
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quyenbezt View Post
Somehow, when Repulse started building that big ass nuke, i had Vampire go " that is a big f*** love " in my head. I really like these duo.
Oh shit. Your comment reminded me that I haven't read the manga past chapter 129. What's the newest chapter again? Need to check it out
Old 2022-07-09, 01:33   Link #2748
Quyenbezt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh shit. Your comment reminded me that I haven't read the manga past chapter 129. What's the newest chapter again? Need to check it out
Sadly Crunchy does not have any chapters past 132, raw has up to 137 though, only thing i can say is finally, after 5 years, all the characters from that double page at chapter 80 have been properly introduced, and finally, we see how an aa or supression vessel fight
Old 2023-01-12, 03:02   Link #2749
Quyenbezt

Spoiler for up to chap 143:
Old 2023-01-17, 04:26   Link #2750
NeutralZero

Almost everyone of the crew will have the same reaction as iona after seeing that person with gunzo.
But have to agree with the manga difference with the anime. The chibi form in the manga are nice...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-08, 09:51   Link #2751
xSauriaNx
The Tribe King's Ride

caught up with 147.

Gunzou-ko is the gift that keeps on giving haha.

Every step I make signals the arrival of my KING!
xSauriaNx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen