AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-07-05, 22:00   Link #5621
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

For me, it was really hard to watch considering that Nadeshiko Japan were the ones who really introduced me in women's football back in 2011. However, I was not wrong when I dreaded that result to come because the Japan team remained almost unchanged from 4 years ago. France and Spain made the same mistake after their triumphs in the men's World Cup.

It's somewhat a shame because Japan arguably has the best pool of young talents in women's football as of now. Some of them could have done better than what a number of the older players did today. Anyway, I hope the future Nadeshiko players will have better physical conditioning to confront other teams when it comes to athleticism (which has nothing to do with height).
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 00:14   Link #5622
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The japanese GK is almost directly responsible for the defeat, giving away two goals out of five scored by the US, that coupled with that missed header by Japan at 70' would've resulted in a 3-3 tie...
Either way, congratz to the US, they really are a world power in women's football, let's see how long it takes for them to get to the top of men's football
Old 2015-07-06, 01:09   Link #5623
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
The japanese GK is almost directly responsible for the defeat, giving away two goals out of five scored by the US
Kaihori has not been convincing at all in this tournament. Call me harsh if anybody wants to do so, but this is one reason why I distrust small goalkeepers at all levels combined (especially on the play that gave USA their 4th goal).

Furthermore, one of Japan's backup goalkeepers is taller than any other player around with her 6ft2in; she would have been a more calming presence on corners. They better make sure she is Japan's next number 1.
Old 2015-07-06, 01:46   Link #5624
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Her height was not the problem, if she had properly traced back her steps instead of panicking she would have not only stopped that shot (that wasn't even that good, it fell to early) but she would have keeped the ball...
She was rubbish, but not because she was small
Old 2015-07-06, 18:02   Link #5625
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Her height was not the problem, if she had properly traced back her steps instead of panicking she would have not only stopped that shot (that wasn't even that good, it fell to early) but she would have keeped the ball...
She was rubbish, but not because she was small
Small height is a massive handicap to any goalkeeper who is short, but it is exacerbated when the goalkeeper's level of composure is not a counterbalance. When I see her play, I can't shake off bad memories of Fabien Barthez as his worst. Both goalkeepers are both short and a bundle of nerves... bad cocktail and a disaster in waiting.

I don't know if you watched the tournament at the very beginning, but Nadeshiko Japan played a very tall goalkeeper against Switzerland. What I like most about her play was not only her height, but also her composure. I read somewhere that her hero is Edwin van der Sar, which is quite logical since I saw striking similarities in style. Since she's only 24, I hope she will get the number 1 spot for the Olympics next year.
Old 2015-07-11, 16:36   Link #5626
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

All I can say is... Wow! Bastian Schweinsteiger moving from Bayern Munich to Manchester United is arguably the biggest transfer story of the summer. I really never thought a player who is Bavarian through and through would make the move, but I'm delighted he did. Apparently, Bayern fans on social media are ripping Pep Guardiola apart and rightfully so.

Some pundits (like that buffoon Jamie Carragher) say he is past his best, but I think he will provide the kind of leadership United need on the pitch while mentoring the younger ones for the next 3 seasons. Schweinsteiger is by far the closest there is to Paul Scholes in terms of vision and talent for a central midfielder, so I think he will be fine. Besides, Scholes was 31 and coming back from eye surgery when he was a big part United's reviving dominance in 2006-07.
Old 2015-07-13, 00:04   Link #5627
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't think its that good of a transfer. he was forced out of bayern by a much more capable xabi alonso. he's coming off a long term injury (or at least i think he is) and moving to a faster, harder hitting league. i think he'll have a tough first season and improve from there. but for as cheap as he was, i suppose its more positive than negative.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 04:03   Link #5628
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah. I means generally EPL is much more stamida/endurance demanding than other league. Making adapting to the league quite difficult even for younger players. That's why generally we don't see this sort of older talent players moving to EPL from other leagues.

We will see through
Old 2015-07-13, 04:35   Link #5629
Azuma Denton
~AD~

United is getting Schneiderlin. Good deal so far.

Meanwhile on another side of Manchester, a sum of 50million pounds is paid for Sterling.
Good deal by Liverpool.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 23:08   Link #5630
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
United is getting Schneiderlin. Good deal so far.

Meanwhile on another side of Manchester, a sum of 50million pounds is paid for Sterling.
Good deal by Liverpool.
With Herrera, Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin available for central midfield, it should be good. In the worst of cases (injuries), we also have Blind who can take a spot. The main unanswered questions are about the goalkeeper (DDG is still linked with Real Madrid, but it's getting less likely by the day with Madrid making ridiculously low bids for goalkeepers) and the striker (behind Rooney in the pecking order after RVP has left for Fenerbahce).

About Sterling... It's not for nothing that we call them Man Shitty. Regardless of how Sterling will play for them, I think City got ripped big time.
Old 2015-07-13, 23:43   Link #5631
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

If Sterling develops as it should, this year should be his year.. If he doesn't make it big this year he will never ammount to anything other than a eternal wonder kid...
Also, please De Gea, stay at ManU this year... We have Keylor here in Madrid, and he's as good as you, maybe even better...
Old 2015-07-14, 00:11   Link #5632
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Also, please De Gea, stay at ManU this year... We have Keylor here in Madrid, and he's as good as you, maybe even better...
Navas can do the job and yet Perez is so obsessed at signing someone with an established reputation to replace Casillas rather than looking in his own backyard. Seriously, what is Perez's problem anyways? Besides, I thought he has to keep money in order to pay up the £330 million fee for the renovation project at the Bernabeu.
Old 2015-07-15, 16:26   Link #5633
Bri

Quote:
I hope so too, don't want to raided by MU for Cillessen at the last moment like last year with Blind. No time left in the transfer window to find a replacement pretty much cost us the title.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 22:14   Link #5634
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so daily mail published an "article" saying arsenal has 200m to spend and are looking for a world class striker. what are the odds we get Reus? i'd say we're actually working on this deal. shift sanchez into the middle, play reus on the left or right with theo or ox on the opposite wing, ozil in the middle with coquelin and santi behind them. that's enough to cause nightmares for any defense.

rotate as needed. giroud for more physical teams where hold up play is more important. ramsey and wilshere can rotate with santi and coq. sadly, santi probably has only another season or two in him, then one of them can take over his spot.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-07-24, 04:22   Link #5635
Azuma Denton
~AD~

There is a rumour saying that Arsenal is targeting Lewandowski after Benzema is deemed impossible to get. But then, how is it easier to get Lewandowski?

In fact, what other option does Wenger have in the transfer market? Expect he will only splash 35mil$ only.

Btw here is the article
Quote:
Arsenal director Lord Harris has backed Arsene Wenger to break the club transfer record on a new centre forward, with the long-serving board member revealing funds are available to sign 'anyone but Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi'.

It is thought that Wenger is keen on bringing Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema to the Emirates 'Money was tight when we moved to the Emirates but it's a lot freer now,' said the 72-year-old. 'We could go into the market and probably buy any player in the world, apart from half a dozen who are un-buyable. In the accounts, there's over £200million in the bank. You could say to Arsene we've got no money and he wouldn't worry, or you could give him £100m and he might not spend it.

'At the moment there are no plans to sign anyone, unless he finds a real superstar like Mesut Ozil or Alexis Sanchez. He's looking for one of those but there aren't many available. We would back him to break the club's transfer record. If he wanted the man, he could have him. Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, he could have any player. We will probably have to break the club record to get the man he wants.'

Speaking in a rare interview at his office in Orpington, the carpet tycoon revealed that Wenger's top target is keen to make the move to the UK. The Gunners have already signed goalkeeper Petr Cech – whose £11m arrival from Chelsea could open the door to a loan move for Wojciech Szczesny – and Lord Harris revealed that the first enquiries were made last summer when Thibaut Courtois returned to Stamford Bridge. 'We get a list of the players that Wenger wants,' said Lord Harris. 'On the list is a centre forward, but I'm not going to tell you who he is. You've got to get the other team to want to sell him, but I think he wants to come. It basically comes down to whether the other team can find a superstar to replace him, because they don't have to sell.

'Sterling is a very, very good player but I'm very pleased Arsenal didn't sign him,' said Lord Harris. 'He's got a lot to learn. They were looking at him and the way he treated Liverpool wasn't good. Arsene does a lot of work on the players before they get to us and he doesn't take any nonsense.'

'I see no reason why Arsene shouldn't stay beyond his contact, if he wants to,' said Lord Harris. 'I'm sure we will want him to stay, because he's a good manager and the players respect him. Two or three years ago, when the crowd came after him, you could tell he was concerned but I wouldn't say he came close to leaving. He's exactly the same as what you see in the media – bright, determined and very conscientious about his players. He's so fit and motivated that we hope he stays longer.'

'If you look at Tottenham, they sold a player for £80m and spent £110m and ended up worse off. Generally, Arsene doesn't think you should fetch more than three first-team players in one season because it takes too long for them to link up. He knows how to produce players, too - we've got four or five very good youngsters who are coming through.

'We've got a fantastic owner in Stan, who likes Arsene and lets you run the club. He wants to know the numbers and comes to every board meeting. We like to call it 'The Arsenal Way'; even through our bad years, we always played nice football. Now, with a bit of luck around injuries, I think we can challenge strongly for the Premier League and the Champions League.'
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-24, 18:56   Link #5636
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, if we get a player, it'll be sub 50. that said, i really think we're working on getting reus.

Old 2015-08-07, 10:23   Link #5637
abc0716

Seems like Premier League is going to kick off tomorrow...

My predictions:
Top 2 will be either ManU or Arsenal...
Chelsea will at either #3 or 4...
Either Liverpool or Tottenham will get the last CL spot...
All the 3 promoted teams are likely to relegate at the same season...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 18:12   Link #5638
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

no chance united is top 2. you're forgetting city. stronger than both pool and spuds.

Old 2015-08-07, 19:24   Link #5639
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no chance united is top 2. you're forgetting city. stronger than both pool and spuds.
Yea I didn't forget about City, but I think they'll not going to top 4 this season, because I feel Sterling is going to be the new Robinho for them, and Aguero is constantly not fit for most matches...

Just my two cents, thought...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 23:28   Link #5640
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

City was "bad" last season and they still took 2nd place over a resurgent Arsenal. Sterling won't fix their problems but he won't hurt.

I want Arsenal to take this year's Premier League by storm, naturally. It's long overdue. On another note, I don't get the Benzema hype. Karim Benzema has many qualities, but he is not the supreme poacher some Arsenal fans are making him to be. Guy fluffs his fair share of chances just like anybody else.

I also want to see Man Utd crash and burn. Getting real sick of the media hype for the Gaalacticos. Arsenal got 3rd/4th place for years in a prolonged, interrupted rebuilding through the stadium phase; the media throws shit at Wenger. Louis Van Philosophy throws in 200 million Euros for fourth place, and suddenly it's all successfully within expectations. No. Fuck you, English media.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer