AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-22, 19:34   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways it's a good wakeup call. Makoto may very much dislike the humanity of this world, but that doesn't mean the demons are necessarily good either. The Goddess can be a scumbag and still technically right about opposing the demons.

I think Rona is making a horribly bad call here. The gain of getting Makoto aligned with the demons would be worth basically anything. Whatever the end game of her plan is here it's not worth pissing Makoto off. And she's pretty much royally doing that right now. Now she doesn't quite have the full picture. Honestly she's worried about Shiki still which is a hilarious worry considering what Makoto actually has up his sleeve. But she's gotten one chance to make a good impression and has royally blown it here. Basically took a winning lottery ticket and set it on fire!

Kind of surprised that guy had any connection to Hibiki. Too bad he really screwed things up and let himself get suckered by the demons. He's almost certainly going to die here with all his regrets left hanging. I don't feel that bad for him since the flashback version of him is pretty well contrasted to the jerk we saw most times he showed up. It wasn't all the demons. He made bad decisions himself. He's not the biggest scumbag we've seen this season. But he really put himself into a hole that he's not getting out of.

Kind of wonder where things will go with Makoto. His business career is in a messy spot. The Demons are suddenly a far less appetizing group to deal with too. Maybe this is all pushing him towards that nation welcoming isekai characters . It's about the only one not actively angering him right now. He could just pull back to the demiplane. I know he wants to travel and learn about his parents though. And it probably is easier to ask for information when he's got a public identity to open some doors. But at this rate he's going to just want to go to war with everyone .
Old 2024-04-22, 22:35   Link #162
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In some ways it's a good wakeup call. Makoto may very much dislike the humanity of this world, but that doesn't mean the demons are necessarily good either. The Goddess can be a scumbag and still technically right about opposing the demons.

I think Rona is making a horribly bad call here. The gain of getting Makoto aligned with the demons would be worth basically anything. Whatever the end game of her plan is here it's not worth pissing Makoto off. And she's pretty much royally doing that right now. Now she doesn't quite have the full picture. Honestly she's worried about Shiki still which is a hilarious worry considering what Makoto actually has up his sleeve. But she's gotten one chance to make a good impression and has royally blown it here. Basically took a winning lottery ticket and set it on fire!

Kind of surprised that guy had any connection to Hibiki. Too bad he really screwed things up and let himself get suckered by the demons. He's almost certainly going to die here with all his regrets left hanging. I don't feel that bad for him since the flashback version of him is pretty well contrasted to the jerk we saw most times he showed up. It wasn't all the demons. He made bad decisions himself. He's not the biggest scumbag we've seen this season. But he really put himself into a hole that he's not getting out of.

Kind of wonder where things will go with Makoto. His business career is in a messy spot. The Demons are suddenly a far less appetizing group to deal with too. Maybe this is all pushing him towards that nation welcoming isekai characters . It's about the only one not actively angering him right now. He could just pull back to the demiplane. I know he wants to travel and learn about his parents though. And it probably is easier to ask for information when he's got a public identity to open some doors. But at this rate he's going to just want to go to war with everyone .
Rona never seemed to take Makoto 100% seriously and never seemed to fully realize what she's dealing with...and that's about to change. Hard .

A part of me wonders whether the drugs and the necklace made him more emotionally unstable/uncompromising. Not that it absolves him entirely of his behavior, but it definitely didn't help
Old 2024-04-23, 08:41   Link #163
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Even a guy like Ilumgand started out as a pure and innocent boy who swore to grow into a righteous noble for the common people to his childhood friend...and that childhood friend was Luria .
The deadly combination of teenage hormones and peer pressure.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 16:42   Link #164
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-23, 16:52   Link #165
Frontier

Monsters invade and Makoto and his students get to show off .
Old 2024-04-24, 15:34   Link #166
AndrewR5D4

Quote:

Let me provide some perspective: All of her creations that she considered inferior are persecuted by the Goddess and her Hyumans, thus most were banished to the wasteland or forced to hide in the wilderness. The reason the Demons are hated is because they were the race who refused to be enslaved or persecuted and instead chose to start their own civilization.

The Goddess was furious and began directly blessing her hyumans to give them more power so they could wipe out those who defied her will. Apparently the demons are steadily going extinct as a result, which is why they have NO empathy or mercy towards their oppressors.

Makoto is mostly neutral. With good reason since neither side of the conflict is relevant to him. The Goddess spread her teachings and ingrained them in hyuman culture, meaning she is responsible for the war. I think her summoning of heroes was in an attempt to end it in her favor. However, her rejection of Makoto may ultimately prove to be her undoing IF he ever picks a side.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 16:17   Link #167
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Let me provide some perspective: All of her creations that she considered inferior are persecuted by the Goddess and her Hyumans, thus most were banished to the wasteland or forced to hide in the wilderness. The reason the Demons are hated is because they were the race who refused to be enslaved or persecuted and instead chose to start their own civilization.

The Goddess was furious and began directly blessing her hyumans to give them more power so they could wipe out those who defied her will. Apparently the demons are steadily going extinct as a result, which is why they have NO empathy or mercy towards their oppressors.

Makoto is mostly neutral. With good reason since neither side of the conflict is relevant to him. The Goddess spread her teachings and ingrained them in hyuman culture, meaning she is responsible for the war. I think her summoning of heroes was in an attempt to end it in her favor. However, her rejection of Makoto may ultimately prove to be her undoing IF he ever picks a side.
Or he pulls a Fire Emblem Fates and makes his own .
Old 2024-04-24, 16:49   Link #168
kagato3

Quote:

Bold of you to assume she created the other races.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-24, 17:08   Link #169
Tenzen12

Quote:

-There is several mistake. Goddess didn't created demons and demihumans.
-For long time she also didn't bless hyumans to "wipe out" demons. Demons and hyumans didn't interact in any manners for very long time. Goddess obviusly did bless her creations in general, but it had nothing to do with other races.
- ...Until demons came from hiding and started invasion. Then she got involved more directly in war.

To sum it up. Demons were oppressed long time ago, now they are ones doing oppression.
Old 2024-04-25, 09:56   Link #170
Huh...?

Quote:
Let me provide some perspective: All of her creations that she considered inferior are persecuted by the Goddess and her Hyumans, thus most were banished to the wasteland or forced to hide in the wilderness.
As far as i remember, the only race that the Goddess created in that World were the Hyumans.

Old 2024-04-28, 17:45   Link #171
Strahan

Are you guys getting this from novels or something? I don't recall any of that from the anime, though granted, the first season was long enough ago that it's hazy by now in my head heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 10:45   Link #172
Frontier

I have to give it to the demons, mutating various humans into monsters to attack Rotsgard is ingenious. Cause so much trouble, kill plenty of Hyumans, all without having to lift a finger. And the transformations aren't pretty .

Man, poor Illumgand. Luria really did forget him, goes all "I have no attachments," and Shiki maybe COULD restore him...but isn't inclined to do so. Then again after eating so many people, he probably was too far gone one way or another .

But hey, this is a perfect opportunity for Makoto and co. to come off the heroes and save the day and improve peoples' opinion of him! Better yet, maybe some of the merchants who were giving Makoto a hard time will bite it in the process !

Looks like the plan is to take Kaleneon by force at this point, and to suppress the monster attack. Makoto doesn't want to write off working with demons, but Rona tricked him, so turnabout is fair play. Meanwhile it seems like Rona is preparing her forces to take Hibiki out .

The Rembrandt's are actually friends with Zara? I guess by merchant standards I guess he's nice, but I still can't come to like him...I also love Rembrandt having genuine fatherly concern about his daughters' being in a life and death situation .

Those Purple Coats were probably impressive on paper...but they just become another meal for Ilumgand .

Mio is a really harsh critic, even if she has a point! Though her turning battle commentator with Shiki was fun .

Time to save all the nobles in the VIP seats! Thanks to Luto and Lily's help they're able to convince everyone to go to safety! And Makoto finally meets the headmaster of the school he's been teaching at .

Respect to the king for wanting to see this through as part of the nobility, but poor Ilumgand's dad having to see his son turn into that

Makoto saved a prince! Or a princess, judging by that reaction to Makoto feeling the chest area. I guess that's going to be another thing Makoto has to deal with .

Abelia with the daring move to jump straight at Ilumgand to launch an arrow! She may have gotten hit in the process but she looked amazing while doing it! RIP Ilumgand .
Old 2024-04-29, 11:44   Link #173
grecefar

nice team work at the end, even mio was pleased.

now with that finally over, they can focus now to solved the city problem. I feel we have spend too much time with kuzunoha's students and the city.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 13:04   Link #174
Rasty

I think both Tomoe and Miyo have a point in the handling. Acting openly as the heroes that take care of the monsters is a good idea, but no reason why some of the most hostile merchants couldn't very unfortunately get eaten by monsters. That way he gains both popularity and greatly decreases opposition to him.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 13:20   Link #175
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I suppose it's nice trivia to know that they could return these mutants back to normal, but Shiki doesn't want to bother. In case anyone Makoto might actually care about ever gets caught up in something like this.
Old 2024-04-29, 13:30   Link #176
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

They would obviously(?) restore that Hopleys kid since he's royalty and getting a favor out of the royal family is kinda useful, though not as useful as taking land back from the demons to essentially get a kingdom out of it.

At least it looks like we're finally getting some fights from this point on.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-29, 16:38   Link #177
Frontier

Quote:
I suppose it's nice trivia to know that they could return these mutants back to normal, but Shiki doesn't want to bother. In case anyone Makoto might actually care about ever gets caught up in something like this.
To be honest by the point he had eaten people I'm not sure if Ilumgand would have even wanted to be restored back to normal...
Old 2024-04-30, 11:14   Link #178
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?