AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-22, 15:41   Link #721
NeutralZero

now that's nice...

Andou's power from being useless to even more useless... can DnD of the End still be considered as a level up and not the opposite? or is it really useless?
so many things left unresolve so hoping for it to have a S2...

also like the comment of Sagami about them bordering cheat level in terms of power capabilities...
and the brother about saving them for last...
kinda like Andou's group are the last/secret boss of the series...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 15:45   Link #722
HandofFate

I feel like the powers we seen are just as cheatworthy.
Though I guess as a team, they're unstoppable. (especially if Mirei is part of them)

Is there a set team number? Counting Mirei as their group that's 6, but I feel like I count 5 for most of their teams.

Credit scroll was fun. Sayumi is a fujoshi
Gonna give this series a 9/10
Old 2014-12-22, 15:57   Link #723
Dysprosium
Banned

So, are their powers actually real, or just a figment of their imagination?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 16:00   Link #724
Kakurin
大佐

That was a really nice little show. Also a good way to end, leaves the possibility for a sequel with the way Tomoyo's brother was acting, but also a nice way to end it by itself.

Andou's power leveled up. Went from useless to even more useless. But it was useful in the end.
Mirei with her hair down looked good too. Nice to see the pairings acknowledge their respective feelings for Andou, what a harem master he's become.

And Sayumi-san is into BL? Now that was surprising. Funny that the pairing looked like Sagami and Andou.
Old 2014-12-22, 17:54   Link #725
Wandering Soul

So in the end Andou's power up just causes his power to become more useless. Although in circumstances like that his power can be useful.

Nice to see everyone acknowledge their feelings for Andou and Tomoyo and Hatoko recognize each other as rivals. I liked Andou's final conversation with Chifuyu too. Nice reminder that powers are cool and that's all they have to be.

Overall this was a very fun series. One of my favorite animes of this season and this year.
Old 2014-12-22, 17:59   Link #726
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I only wish we got a bit more into the whole Fairy War thing (second season, go!) since it's been made pretty clear that, even if the group doesn't know anything and, even if they did, they probably would opt to stay out of it anyway, other people would not leave them alone, especially given their level of "cheat' powers (or at least 4 of them, lol).

And now Mirei seems to be wedging herself back in with the group.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 18:07   Link #727
Nishaven

Do novels mention about Fairy War more than anime did?
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 18:18   Link #728
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Definitely need a second season... One of the reasons I tend to avoid LN based anime is because you're always left hanging at the end with lots more story to go and usually no place to continue it. I've been unable to find a translated version of the LNs anywhere.
Old 2014-12-22, 18:49   Link #729
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
Do novels mention about Fairy War more than anime did?
go the the novel side of this for answers
Old 2014-12-22, 19:18   Link #730
supermegasonic

a pretty decent anime. would have liked more power related episodes, but i guess the purpose of this is to find a regular life with those powers.

wouldn't mind an S2.
Old 2014-12-22, 19:42   Link #731
Albel VII

Ouch, Andou's awakened power sure is painful...

Overall, it was a nice series. I wasn't really thrilled that it turned into harem and the first few episodes were quiet cringe worthy here and there, but Hatoko's outburst was glorious, and the writing after the seventh episode improved a lot, so I'd gladly watch a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Is there a set team number? Counting Mirei as their group that's 6, but I feel like I count 5 for most of their teams.
No, at least I don't think so. Hajime could add the super loli to their group in the middle of the war, after all. But it wouldn't be a good idea to make a team which consists of more than eight members. They mentioned in the eighth episode that the fairies will only grant the wishes of the Last Eight.
Albel VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 19:52   Link #732
Anime299

I guess all we can hope for right now is a series of OVAs to carry some things along, maybe with some background on the war, and then a second season later.
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 21:05   Link #733
Esclair

Amazing finale for the series. Wrapped everything up but still left the story open for continuation, like how a good LN adaptation of a ongoing series should.

The whole Dark and Dark of the End setup was just over the top but beautifully done. The guillotines and the girls' crying really added to the non-joke joke. It was really serious, but still absurd and funny at the same time. Mirei's hug scene was well done too.

Also, Grateful Robber is really really overpowered. If she decided to go all out she'd be unbeatable.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 21:09   Link #734
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

who was the girl that could switch bodies? What is Sagami's relationship with Hajime? Why did he do all this shit?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 21:19   Link #735
LG-MAX 2.o

excellent episode, man, this series is very cool, is a mixture of genres so well done and the way it is written is really well made, I would like if have had a second season.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 22:26   Link #736
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 12

Also would not mind a second season. Not bad as a whole, but teased regarding the fairy war involvement we get it straight from the mouth of other participants in the war how ridiculously overpowered Virgin Child members are...here I am including "Grateful Robber" in their numbers as well.

The writing overall was pretty good compared to others of its like, and I agree...Hatoko's outburst was one of the best scenes of the season for me.
Old 2014-12-22, 22:57   Link #737
The One Above God
Kamijou

Wtf?! They're all so honest with their feelings for Andou. It feels so different compared to other harems...I like it .

Still, Andou's power became even more useless, huh?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 23:01   Link #738
Random14

Figured that Kudou's ability was always potentially the most powerful, too bad the other group used her first. Good thing Andou is crazy-prepared, as befit his chuuni nature. Nice to see what his power was, it goes from flashy and harmless to self-destructive, requiring drastic measures to be dealt with. Its still useless, but losing a limb like that, even with a healer.

Second half was nice with everyone acknowledging their feelings, and Tomoyo has figured out how she feels so now can answer honestly. Not bad show, even with only slight glimpses of a background war. The everyday life bits were funnier, especially Hatoko's outburst and Tomoyo's denial of her chuuni side, were good. Interesting rivalry there. A second season would be nice, but nice one season run as is too.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 23:07   Link #739
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

It was...okay, but I wish they'd expanded more on Hatoko's rant and the fallout from that. Maybe have a full episode where Andou questions whether his chuuni is a good thing to have. All in all it was entertaining enough, but just missing the mark of something really special. I'm not sure how many of us will remember it a year from now.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 23:26   Link #740
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Looking at how Andou's Lv. 2 worked, somehow it remind me of Hatoko statement:

"What's so cool having uncontrollable power?"

After being useless, now it become uncontrollable also ...
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, school, super powers