AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-04, 14:36   Link #21
March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku View Post
I get that, and appreciate it, but I meant that it was that way even in the 'all zentran in english' track. It's the only scene like that on track 2, so it seems kind of odd.

Nice to see another MW-er on the board, Mr March. The version's on the main ASuki site.
Thank you Renaissance Otaku. I'll try it out later tonight.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 06:33   Link #22
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku View Post
I get that, and appreciate it, but I meant that it was that way even in the 'all zentran in english' track. It's the only scene like that on track 2, so it seems kind of odd.

Nice to see another MW-er on the board, Mr March. The version's on the main ASuki site.
Yeah I agree it is sorta strange, it was a choice I made in haste I guess. Live and learn they say ^^.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 10:50   Link #23
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

heh... the release we did just got rated a 3 on anidb for what reason I do not know. I'd like to hear what you guys rate it as cause that bothered me getting rated so low when I believe the quality of the release was the best to date.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 22:42   Link #24
strategos

Doesn't Do you remember love has like an "sequel"? more like an alternative reality episode? has it even been release on fansub?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 22:47   Link #25
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Doesn't Do you remember love has like an "sequel"? more like an alternative reality episode? has it even been release on fansub?
Uh, do you mean Flashback 2012?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 03:56   Link #26
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

If it's alternative reality, then maybe it's Macross II?
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 04:25   Link #27
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, Macross II was originally intended/marketed to be a sequel to DYRL, wasn't it? Thank God that didn't pan out...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 06:54   Link #28
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

It wasn't that bad I loved the idea of a female pilot. Sylvie was a nice character as well

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 07:30   Link #29
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
It wasn't that bad I loved the idea of a female pilot. Sylvie was a nice character as well
Yeah, Macross II introduced a few nice ideas, but they were too cliche and played out like a rip-off of DYRL. At the end, its lack of originality, overused script, and iffy production killed it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-18, 08:26   Link #30
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, it started out quite good. It would've been much better if they actualy managed to turn it into a series.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:19   Link #31
strategos

yeah, MAcross 2. Is that Ova still license? Is Macross Plus still license? Kind of hard of finding the old DVDS. Is MAcross original, still license as well?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 06:49   Link #32
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Macross II and Plus' licences belong to Manga still last I checked. Though Manga itself is basically dead outside of a holding for said licenses. The DVDs are still on eBay, Amazon and what not.

Harmony Gold has the license to the original, and probably always will.

The L-E got rated a 3? That is rather odd. I still haven't fully watched it myself, but do recommend it for those looking for suggestions. The last version I saw was the B-G at Fanime. Man, I forgot how truly awful that looked and was annoyed that they pulled the plug right at the ending.
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 16:32   Link #33
Kikuchi

Watched the L-E version too some time ago and thought it was perfect...

Translation spot-on and video/audio quality as good as the master allows it to be. I don't know how anyone could complain.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 01:07   Link #34
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Probably some bitterness or something.
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 14:43   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I regret to have to be the bearer of bad news but at least Kazuhiko could going out have composed one of the most legendary anime pieces of all time. This is really just kind of depressing.....and the day seemed like it was starting off so good for me again when I woke up.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 15:44   Link #36
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I regret to have to be the bearer of bad news but at least Kazuhiko could going out have composed one of the most legendary anime pieces of all time. This is really just kind of depressing.....and the day seemed like it was starting off so good for me again when I woke up.

Words cannot properly describe my shock regarding the matter.

Now I am very interested in reading what he wrote just before this happened.

- Tak

Old 2009-10-17, 15:56   Link #37
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
God rest his soul. Really depressing news, hopefully his family is handling this well.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 09:43   Link #38
Standy
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, Macross II was originally intended/marketed to be a sequel to DYRL, wasn't it? Thank God that didn't pan out...
Standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 16:25   Link #39
Tak

Hmm, I noticed you are watching LoGH. Keep it up, sooner or later you will realize where Code Geass got most of its ideas from

- Tak

Old 2009-10-23, 14:25   Link #40
Standy
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, I noticed you are watching LoGH. Keep it up, sooner or later you will realize where Code Geass got most of its ideas from

- Tak
I see, sounds interesting. I will keep on it then.
Standy is offline   Reply With Quote