AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 20:16   Link #1
ZeBird0
In a tree

Particular Anime

Hey guys, what's up? Anyway, I'm looking for an anime that's preferably with a hot-headed female protagonist and a level-headed male protagonist. Preferably romance, but it doesn't have to be.

Some types that I liked were:
Haruhi (WOOO!)
Toradora (That was deep... but good!)
Kannagi
Zero no Tsukaima
Shakugan no Shana

Yeah, lots of tsunderes, but oh well. Haruhi was THE best anime I have watched, but I really doubt there's anything like it out there. Still, any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 2010-02-21, 20:27   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Who was the level-headed male protagonist in Kannagi?

For a patient viewer, I think Cross Game - while totally opposite most of the shows you mention - would be a rewarding and challenging option.
Old 2010-02-21, 21:20   Link #3
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
some yo might enjoy are
Bakemonogatari
Kaze No Stigma
Black Lagoon (sort of)
Full Metal Panic
Old 2010-02-21, 21:22   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmmm I'd say Nyan Koi for it; it's Comedy/Romance* since Junpei is level headed guy most of the time, while two out of the main cast females are bit hot-headed headed, and neither of them appear in the first episode so watch first few at least to decide on it.

Minor Spoiler on it:
Spoiler for * About Nyan Koi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
some yo might enjoy are
Bakemonogatari
Also if you can enough more dialogue heavy animes, then I'd second Bakemonogatari; while Hitagi isn't quite hot headed all the time, she is a self pro-claimed tsundere and Koyomi[male lead] is level headed for the most part. And it has romance amount other genres. It's a very "unique" show in my opinion like Haruhi was.

And maybe Katanagatari, it's also a dialogue heavy show, I think the female lead Togame is bit hot headed though it's early to judge that since it's only 2 of 12 episodes aired so far.
MAL
Old 2010-02-22, 11:31   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Full Metal Panic is the first that leaps to mind. Although Souske suffers from rather... strange ideas about what is the best course of action, he is almost always calm about it.

Cross Game is very different from most of your list, but it does have a very level headed male lead and a Tsundere female lead. Make sure you watch the first 4 episodes or so to get what the show is like. Very high quality story. One of my top recommendations.

Bakemonogatari might not be a bad pick, although it's a little different. I tend to think of it as a Shinto version of the twilight show.

Chrome Shelled Regios might be another choice. Last episodes get a little weird though.

Whisper of the Heart is a film but I think it matches your request.

Going a little further away from your preferences, but since you seem to like tsundere you probably ought to check out some of the classic Takahashi romantic comedies:

Maison Ikkoku which is one of the greatest romances ever, more emphasis on the romance, and a realistic setting. One of my top recommendations.

Ranma 1/2 which emphasizes the comedy more, with slapstick, and fantastic elements like curses, magic, and martial arts and crafts. (Martial Arts Tea Ceremony!) Suffers in the middle seasons from a bunch of filler. Manga might be better.

Lets see, some more possible picks...

Chrono Crusade though not much romance

Sora no Manimani some highschool slice of life

Crest of the Stars although Lafiel isn't really hot-headed... at least I wouldn't say she is. Just rather headstrong. But most of her relatives seem to think she has "the Abriel temper". Very good anime though. One of my top recommendations.

Hayate the Combat Butler! could count, although that's more like 1 level headed male lead, and multiple hot tempered female leads. Mainly a comedy.

Soul Eater has one of the meister-weapon teams that has this dynamic. (And one with it gender reversed). No real romance and last episodes get a little weird.

Finally Tenchi Muyo. Tenchi is usually considered leveheaded, and there are a couple hot headed women.

Hope that helps. I tried to list all I could think of that might be similar to what you are looking for.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-02-22, 15:05   Link #6
Haak

I would definately recommend Cross Game and Bakemonogatari.
Old 2010-02-22, 18:04   Link #7
ZeBird0
In a tree

Alright thanks guys. I'll definitely check out bake- and cross game, as those two have piqued my interest. If I finish watching those/don't like them, I'll move onto your other suggestions (it's going to take me a while if I do watch them). Thanks everyone!
Old 2010-02-22, 19:54   Link #8
cerrian

There's also Tetsuwan Birdy, not as tsundere as Rei Kugimiya's work but far more destructive.
Old 2010-02-23, 00:14   Link #9
Last Sinner
Don't Call Me Bro

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Full Metal Panic
Last Exile
Spice and Wolf (particularly 2nd season)
Kurenai
Ergo Proxy
Chrono Crusade
Fate/Stay Night

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” - Aristotle
Closed Thread