AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-03-05, 04:25   Link #11201
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ohhh.....so this is what it means by "cross roads"
Well.. More or less. But do you see what he was trying to say versus what you were trying to correct and how they didn't exactly match up the same subject matter?
anonfr is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 06:24   Link #11202
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ohhh.....so this is what it means by "cross roads"

Edit: we just lost our topic so; let start a new shipping war#!



Well we are already half of the said series; Tsutomu-sensei predicts that the series will last in 24-25 vols. Sooo....
what is your ideal ending for the series.
Tatsuya marrying Miyuki....

Miyuki being the head of Yotsuba...Tatsuya being the prime minister of Japan...
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 06:28   Link #11203
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I feel like you two are arguing entirely different points without realizing it.

Fujin isn't referring to military application. He's referring to the fact Tatsuya has amazingly fine tuned control of his magic, whereas Miyuki who also has good control, primarily uses area of attack magic against enemies. Inferno, Nifleheim, even Coyctus are spells that are more akin to a grenade incurring blast radius damage, effecting and changing an entire area, as opposed to Tatsuya whose magic is like a high caliber bullet. Hence Miyuki seems more brute force whilst Tatsuya seems more Finesse.

This is more a reference to how they chose to weild their magic instead of what they're capable of. Tatsuya seems to put forth the minimum effort required to get the job done, Miyuki is prone to overkill. Even though both their magic can be overkill, it really depends on perspective.


Thing is neither of you seem to be completely wrong on the point you're trying to argue, you're just referencing things that miss the other persons point entirely, so it's like you're arguing 2 different things.
Just to put your argument into perspective so it doesn't deteriorate into a pissing contest.
You took the words right out of my mind.

Tatsuya seems to be more adept in finesse, using the right amount of energy to execute his spells while Miyuki is more about power, with her spells tending to be overpowering sometimes.

I just assume that because Tatsuya seems to be always maximizing the distribution of his magic power, his spells are not too strong, not too weak, but just right, while Miyuki tends to overpower her spells, that Miyuki has the higher Psion count between them......
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 06:38   Link #11204
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Edit: we just lost our topic so; let start a new shipping war#!

Well we are already half of the said series; Tsutomu-sensei predicts that the series will last in 24-25 vols. Sooo....
what is your ideal ending for the series.
Oh god. Just.. oh god.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
You took the words right out of my mind.
Yeah, I'm pretty good at doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Tatsuya marrying Miyuki....

Miyuki being the head of Yotsuba...Tatsuya being the prime minister of Japan...
OH MY GOD! This.. you guys.. no good can come from this. No good. Besides does Tatsuya even want to be prime minister?

I just want him to achieve his goal, build his working reactor, reveal that he's Taurus Silver, Reveal who he is and that he's a strategic Magician. Possibly and independent one. Maybe he takes over the 101 independent for Kazama.

More than anything, I just want Tatsuya to get some God Damn Recognition.

All that "You're just a weed!" crap. People need to know!
anonfr is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 07:48   Link #11205
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
In short, the stated novel theories make it a possibility. Tatsuya atleast claims there is nothing that can truly harm him. But he cannot similarly recover from damage to his mind by outer-systematic magic. And if he continues to be drawn into battles where must use his innate magic alot, he's likely to have a short life like his mother and gramps.
There is no way Tatsuya can recover from brain damage. Lina could have killed him if she truly wanted, she doesn't use MI magic. Carbonizing his head with Brionac would be enough. SC magics would kill him and I am sure a lot of A rank magics like Rupture can kill him as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Just wanted to comment on this while sifting through the pages.

It has been stated that he is more USED to casting one type of magic with one hand than the other. He's not incapable of casting with the other hand as the origin. Kind of like how someone who's right handed probably isn't going to be swinging a weapon in a style that favors the left hand because it won't be as effective.
That answers all the questions. If Decomposition magic is more powerful with his right hand then it's safe to assume Regrowth works better with his left hand but he can use them with both hands.

To decompose the bullets he used MD at point blank range, no coating. And I don't think that's possible.
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 08:04   Link #11206
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There is no way Tatsuya can recover from brain damage. Lina could have killed him if she truly wanted, she doesn't use MI magic. Carbonizing his head with Brionac would be enough. SC magics would kill him and I am sure a lot of A rank magics like Rupture can kill him as well.
I think as long as the death isn't instant, I think Tatsuya can regenerate......

If the mind is still aware of all things, if he is still capable of using magic, I think he can regenerate.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 08:36   Link #11207
hakazee
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I think as long as the death isn't instant, I think Tatsuya can regenerate......

If the mind is still aware of all things, if he is still capable of using magic, I think he can regenerate.
yup i agree with you.

his Auto Restoration speed is INSANE.

Quote:
"No matter when I see his Self-Restoration, the sight always impresses me to no end."

Fujibayashi turned a half skeptical look at Yamanaka, who was happily remarking on the situation — albeit with an appropriately lowered volume to account for the crowd around them.

"......Did you really see Self-Restoration actually activating? I, for one, didn't see the psion waves generated by spell activation."

"Neither did I. I doubt Kudou-sama noticed either. That being said, the speed of his Self-Restoration ability has long since surpassed the realms of human cognition speeds."
hakazee is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 08:37   Link #11208
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I think as long as the death isn't instant, I think Tatsuya can regenerate......

If the mind is still aware of all things, if he is still capable of using magic, I think he can regenerate.
And I agree. But almost everything I listed count as instant death. Maybe he would be able survive Abyss but that's all. Heck, a weapon master competent enough could just slash his brain.
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 08:38   Link #11209
pampz21
ShipCore
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Age: 26
You people are extremely lacking in the imagination department

Crunchyrolls most anticipated anime is Mahouka but i doubt they are the ones gonna handle it when it goes NA
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 08:45   Link #11210
fujin of shadows
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
You people are extremely lacking in the imagination department

Crunchyrolls most anticipated anime is Mahouka but i doubt they are the ones gonna handle it when it goes NA
I can give you a theory how Tatsuya can bend spacetime via creating a wormhole.

First, Tatsuya identifies the space, his original position, the obstruction, and destination.

Second, he determines the physical distance between his original position and destination.

Third, he determines the space between his position and destination, ignoring physical obstruction in his path.

Fourth, he visualized the space between his original position and destination.

Lastly, he shortens the space, or removes the physical distance, by compressing the dimension between the origin and destination via decomposing their dimensional boundaries and barriers, creating a tunnel between his original location and destination, thus creating a wormhole.
fujin of shadows is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 09:36   Link #11211
pampz21
ShipCore
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I can give you a theory how Tatsuya can bend spacetime via creating a wormhole.

First, Tatsuya identifies the space, his original position, the obstruction, and destination.

Second, he determines the physical distance between his original position and destination.

Third, he determines the space between his position and destination, ignoring physical obstruction in his path.

Fourth, he visualized the space between his original position and destination.

Lastly, he shortens the space, or removes the physical distance, by compressing the dimension between the origin and destination via decomposing their dimensional boundaries and barriers, creating a tunnel between his original location and destination, thus creating a wormhole.
Wow....but Tatsuya is a bs magician
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 09:40   Link #11212
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Wow....but Tatsuya is a bs magician
Isn't the whole BS thing slightly voided because of.. well you know, everything?

He's still kind of a BS magician, but he can also do some things slightly outside of it.
anonfr is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 09:41   Link #11213
Guest2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
There is no way Tatsuya can recover from brain damage. Lina could have killed him if she truly wanted, she doesn't use MI magic. Carbonizing his head with Brionac would be enough. SC magics would kill him and I am sure a lot of A rank magics like Rupture can kill him as well.
You maybe right. For now though we can only go by whats in the novel, and Tatsuya has stated in V6 & V8 he can instantly recover even fatal injuries. He never mentioned brain injury being an exception. And since in this novel the brain is stated as being separate to a person's mind and not involved in the core thinking, one has to wonder what actual constitutes instant death in this world.
Guest2 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 09:42   Link #11214
anonfr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
You maybe right. For now though we can only go by whats in the novel, and Tatsuya has stated in V6 & V8 he can instantly recover even fatal injuries. He never mentioned brain injury being an exception. And since in this novel the brain is stated as being separate to a person's mind and not involved in the core thinking, one has to wonder what actual constitutes instant death in this world.
Yeah. Echizen has already been building a record of bringing up "facts" that aren't facts and continuing to argue them. Don't worry about it so much.
anonfr is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 10:15   Link #11215
Ultraviolet X
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ohhh.....so this is what it means by "cross roads"

Edit: we just lost our topic so; let start a new shipping war#!



Well we are already half of the said series; Tsutomu-sensei predicts that the series will last in 24-25 vols. Sooo....
what is your ideal ending for the series.
Need a hand pampz? im a pro at starting the shipping wars
Ultraviolet X is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 10:50   Link #11216
Echizen777
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
You maybe right. For now though we can only go by whats in the novel, and Tatsuya has stated in V6 & V8 he can instantly recover even fatal injuries. He never mentioned brain injury being an exception. And since in this novel the brain is stated as being separate to a person's mind and not involved in the core thinking, one has to wonder what actual constitutes instant death in this world.
That's a good question.

Spoiler for Quote from V08:


I admit I am a little confused here. So the body must be in a state where restarting the circulation of the blood would be useless for Regrowth to fail.

But I don't think Tatsuya's use his "mind" for Regrowth.

Spoiler for Other quotes from v08:


It means Tatsuya is born without a magic operation area. This is the reason he can't use regular magic. So, the MOA is necessary only when he uses regular magics, for Regrowth and Decompositon "magic" he uses something else, this is likely his brain.

Now I wonder if he couldn't survive to Cocytus. Cocytus only freezes the mind, not the brain...
Echizen777 is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 11:33   Link #11217
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ohhh.....so this is what it means by "cross roads"

Edit: we just lost our topic so; let start a new shipping war#!



Well we are already half of the said series; Tsutomu-sensei predicts that the series will last in 24-25 vols. Sooo....
what is your ideal ending for the series.
1) Tatsuya marries Miyuki. Takes leadership of the Yotsuba clan himself. Then takes her on a year long "honeymoon" in the Yotsuba estate. And basically turns himself into the Shadow Emperor of Japan. Then he and his wife shall have two godlike sons.

2) Tatsuya takes Miyuki and the 101st and, with their help,carves his own independent nation.
Lucarion is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 11:45   Link #11218
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
1) Tatsuya marries Miyuki. Takes leadership of the Yotsuba clan himself. Then takes her on a year long "honeymoon" in the Yotsuba estate. And basically turns himself into the Shadow Emperor of Japan. Then he and his wife shall have two godlike sons.

2) Tatsuya takes Miyuki and the 101st and, with their help,carves his own independent nation.
I could see a bit of both, though Kazama is probably too old and loyal for that stunt
Just use Tatsuya's high school crew instead. And we'll have the untied republic of Tatsuyapolis (chosen by Miyuki). Now, where to put Honoka?
Requiem-x is online now  
Old 2014-03-05, 13:26   Link #11219
Rava
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
That's a good question.

Spoiler for Quote from V08:


I admit I am a little confused here. So the body must be in a state where restarting the circulation of the blood would be useless for Regrowth to fail.

But I don't think Tatsuya's use his "mind" for Regrowth.

Spoiler for Other quotes from v08:


It means Tatsuya is born without a magic operation area. This is the reason he can't use regular magic. So, the MOA is necessary only when he uses regular magics, for Regrowth and Decompositon "magic" he uses something else, this is likely his brain.

Now I wonder if he couldn't survive to Cocytus. Cocytus only freezes the mind, not the brain...
No, he has one. It's just devoted completely to Decomposition and Regrowth. That's why he needs the artificial one to use other magics (other than Gram Demolition).

But the part you quote does pretty much mean physical obliteration isn't enough to be permanent damage.
Rava is offline  
Old 2014-03-05, 15:35   Link #11220
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I could see a bit of both, though Kazama is probably too old and loyal for that stunt
Just use Tatsuya's high school crew instead. And we'll have the untied republic of Tatsuyapolis (chosen by Miyuki). Now, where to put Honoka?
As the loyal concubine? That way she gets what she wants and Miyuki knows that she doesnt have a any really competition.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.