AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-30, 19:13   Link #5381
gordol
Banned

So Talgeese Heaven is just II with round shield(2 beam sabers), III's Mega Cannon or similar(beam with maximum output mode) and angel wings that spray nano disablers?

Seems like a true Tallgeese
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 21:43   Link #5382
Tendou Souji

I'm still wondering about the halo. Zechs used it to take out 500 machines. Mil hasn't used it. I think the chapter also mentions "various other types of nano-machinery" when talking about Heaven and the Planet Defensors.

It seems overall they have to fight 700 machines.

Another think that got my attention is that beam saber and beam sword are being used when talking about Heaven's weapon. Maybe it has both or it could just be the translation.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 21:49   Link #5383
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I'm still wondering about the halo. Zechs used it to take out 500 machines. Mil hasn't used it. I think the chapter also mentions "various other types of nano-machinery" when talking about Heaven and the Planet Defensors.

It seems overall they have to fight 700 machines.

Another think that got my attention is that beam saber and beam sword are being used when talking about Heaven's weapon. Maybe it has both or it could just be the translation.
just separate the chinese characters and compare.

I NEED TO SEE THE NEW LINEART!! especially the new Katoki grunts
Old 2013-05-31, 20:50   Link #5384
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Hooray, looks like our lovely Chinese blog uploaded a translation of the latest FT chapter. I'll take a closer look at it with googlefish tomorrow. For some reason, there's a pic of the Triforce (apparently, it's some fancy formation; the translator aptly calls it "Zelda formation" lol).

What's interesting also is the link at the top of the page. It links to a nifty site featuring the previous six issues of Gundam Ace. Downloading them is a real drag though, so I went ahead and threw all the untranslated chapters of GoL (meaning chapters 28 to 32) into a .rar file. Of course, posting links for raws is forbidden in these forums, so I kindly ask that you follow the instructions on this site.

On the topic of GoL, interesting to see Sylvia being absent, what with her being a political figure in FT, and a definite hooray for omitting Relena's "Imma fly between your MS" goofiness. I always laugh at how suction doesn't exist in GW when you open a door in a flying plane. Or how you can be on a battlefield with things blowing up all around you and still understand what a person 200 meters from you says without a prob.
Thanks so much for the links, Ikuze. Tons of action over the five chapters. Hats off again to Asagi and company. They somehow make the duel even more epic.

I'm glad they cut out the crap with the plane as well. Also, having Tallgeese get totaled after the duel makes perfect sense.

As for Sylvia, they could still easily work her back into the story at some point. The period Relena revives the Sanc Kingdom would be fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Hey could someone explain to me chapter 22? I was a little confused please?
Is that Ch. 22 of GoL?
Old 2013-06-01, 19:06   Link #5385
susyia

I have a question? Duo Maxwell in english dub always says "babe"????
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 19:00   Link #5386
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
I have a question? Duo Maxwell in english dub always says "babe"????
I think he only said it like twice in the series when referring to Relena and Hilde (I don't believe he knew their names when he called them that). It's whatever the translates thought would be the closest to juo-chan, which is closer to miss or young lady.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 18:30   Link #5387
susyia

oh i see thanks !
Old 2013-06-05, 13:55   Link #5388
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I think he only said it like twice in the series when referring to Relena and Hilde (I don't believe he knew their names when he called them that). It's whatever the translates thought would be the closest to juo-chan, which is closer to miss or young lady.
A real lead balloon if you ask me, as Duo refers to Relena in the most formal way out of all the pilots. Same as him saying to Master O that his mommy taught him that real men don't cry out. What mother???

By the way, he did know at the very least Hilde's name at that point. She had introduced herself right there. I guess dubbers just wanted to add the ladies' man aspect to his already suave character (it's in the German dub, too).

That reminds me; sorry for going off topic here but I have a question to anyone who has studied linguistics or psychology. How come English and other languages rank words like "babe" or "baby" among their terms of affection? I don't mean to offend, but personally, I find there to be something decidedly pedo about calling my lover "baby". I know Germans and French don't use such words. Well, French French. Is there a reason for the English and others?

But back on topic, here's a slightly more detailed summary of chapter 22 27 of FT for anyone who can't bear googlefish or would like to know if they understood that gibberish correctly, like I do.
I'm amazed to say that this one was quite good: lots of action and no flashback! Or maybe a very inconspicuous one.

Putting aside the description of Babel I don't get, this chapter is from Mille's view and I have to say, I like the kid. Since his father got injured, as stated in the previous chapter, he's the one sitting in Tallgeese Heaven now. And the first thing he does of course is complain about the seat being too hard. Sorry cupcake, no butt cushion for you.
Skipping the pseudo-philosophical nonsense, we learn that the Tallgeese H powers up like an old AC piece of junk compared to modern technology. But all is well as Mille has a soft spot for antiques. Apparently, he once piloted a Leo IV (a Greif) if I read that correctly. We get a small status report that all damage caused to Tallgeese in the previous battle has been fixed, before Naina pops up on a screen to tease her bro about really having mastered the suit yet. Mille ignores her and waits for Catherine (Bloom), who's in the control room with Quatre at their base (?), to get the green light to launch. Quatre informs Mille that he will be facing over a hundred Virgo IVs, which are flying in a "Delta" formation (basically forming a Triforce). So yeah, Zelda formation it is.

Mille seems to be a little nervous and asks Quatre if his Heart of Space says anything, to which Quatre answers "The usual, 1.61803398." Looks like the Heart of Space is actually Wolfram Alpha. Also, for those who don't know, the number given is the so-called Golden ratio, which is pretty much fundamental in all (classic) arts. This leads to Mille waxing philosophical about how everything in the universe is perfect, or at least in the pursuit of perfection. Blah blah blah, Catherine tells him to launch and off he goes.
And here we see that Zechs watched Zero's intro in EW and got jealous, because Tallgeese H has flapping (holo?) angel wings, too, as well as exuding a boatload of pixie dust, Freedom style. The citizens of Relena city are also hilarious. Since they're pacifists, all they can do to protect themselves from Babel is to produce a giant white shroud. Mille thinks it's pretty pathetic, too.

Next, we learn how Tallgeese Heaven is actually a salvaged Tallgeese II, which Zechs put back together and upgraded. Seriously, that guy just loves building MS. I bet he has a crapload of Gunpla in his basement.
Anyway, Mille notes that the cockpit is built for lefties, even though the weapons are held the other way, and seeing as he is a lefty, it suits him just fine. The odd thing is that his father is right-handed. At this point we are treated to Sumizawa's failed attempt at a retcon via Mille assuming Treize to have been actually left-handed, but following tradition by wielding the saber in the right hand. Needless to say, I'm sitting here like this :| because Treize was continuously shown to be right-handed during the series, inside and outside of a MS.

Oh, and it was also Treize's idea to look into countering nanomachine technology thirty years ago, which the Tallgeese H conveniently uses right now. Pulling things out of our behinds much?

Back to the battle, Mille charges the Zelda formation, claiming that only an idiot would take on this many opponents head on, but he's an idiot, so it's fine. He makes use of Tallgeese H's, uh, Angel Wings? to wreck the Virgo's nanomachine thingamajigs. Soon, their planet defensers start dropping like ripe apples and the front row of the Zelda formation, which is twenty to thirty suits, blue screens. Until someone reboots those things, Mille can shoot them to his heart's content. And shoot them he does, with the Dobergun in his right and the beam saber in his left. He manages to down thirteen before the Virgos start moving again. He wanted to go for twenty suits, but thirteen isn't too shabby either. For a first try, that is.

The Virgos reposition themselves in the Zelda formation and Mille decides to go for the left side this time. Cue Drill Sergeant Wu Fei yelling at him like Inner Sakura to show no fear, prompting Mille to take a trip down memory lane.
It's revealed that four years ago, Mille was training under Wu Fei, the very guy who bombed his mother's students to kingdom come and stabbed the previous owner of the Tallgeese. Yes, we get it, Mr. Sumizawa. What irony.
I'm skipping the angsty details (seriously, everybody has to blame himself for something stupid), but basically, Mille was fighting half-heartedly and is now ready to go all out.

Kid has a problem though, as the same trick with the Angel Wings won't work twice on the Virgos. Indeed, they're trying to pump him full of lead (or rather, beam) and Mille knocks the wind out of himself dodging their shots in the guts crushing Tallgeese. But thanks to Wu Fei's training, he's able to use the thrusters at maximum output without turning his intestines to jello. He also starts appreciating the hard seat, as a softer one would have snapped his spine at this point.
Mille tries to hit the Virgos with the Dobergun, but their planet defensers bounce the shot off. In actuality though, he waits for magic gold dust (the pixie dust Tallgeese H exudes? sorry, the translation is awful here) to settle on the defensers to render them useless via electromagnetic interference. Once that happens, and it does, he puts the Dobergun to maximum output and blasts six Virgos to dust.

From what I gather, the Virgos had formed a giant dome with their planet defensers, so right now Mille had created an opening into which he flies to off the rest of the suits. But his gun ran out of energy, so he's using the beam saber. He's basically fighting like Zechs did in EW. But even though he is cutting them down, the real work will begin later on as the bad guys have 700 suits at their disposal. Sucks to be a Gundam pilot.

Right then, the right side of the Zelda formation erupts in a huge pillar of fire. Among the flames stand Warlock, clad in its black cloak and Prometheus, clad in a dark green one. Their pilots are of course Duo Jr. and Phobos. Jr. spouts something that I guess sounds like "The big, bad wolf is here!" and attacks the Virgos. Mille isn't sure about the guy's abilities, even if his sister is convinced he's a proper fighter, since he's charging the Virgos head on like a fool. Yet, being the awesome wild card he is, Jr. easily dodges the Virgos' attacks and decimates a bunch of them.
Phobos gets a lot more respect from Mille as he describes him as a powerful fighter, who doesn't loose his cool (meaning, he shows no emotions) even in the crappiest of situations. Like the one they're currently in. He's also a remarkable tactician and quite taciturn, hardly speaking more than three sentences in a battle.

Sounds like Mille has a man crush. I bet Quatrine didn't tell him what happened between her and Phobos or he wouldn't admire him like that. xD Not that this will keep people from shipping their OT3.

Speaking of that brat, Mille turns around to see that his sis and Quatrine have joined the fray as well in the Queen of Hearts and Scheherazade, respectively. And of course, their suits are cloaked, too. How could they not be? The Queen of Hearts has donned its red riding hood whereas Scheherazade is coming out of the closet wearing a freaking rainbow flag. This doesn't deter Mille though, who's fanboying over how much more beautiful Quatrine piloting Scheherazade is, as opposed to her battles in Prometheus and the King of Spades. YMMV as I would be laughing my head off at a belly-dancing Gundam.
Together, they all manage to reduce the initially one hundred Virgos to fifty. Mille notes that fighting by himself at the left side of the Zelda formation makes it difficult to effectively reduce their opponents' numbers, but he's not too worried as Heero is supposed to join them in Snow White, too.

Fat chance. Heero decides to pull a Wu Fei and turns on them, which surprises everyone including Quatre, as even his Heart of Space can't predict Heero's actions. I say he should get himself a Magic 8-ball instead. As for Heero's motives, it has something to do with Relena, but the poor translation and lack of overall logic makes it impossible to discern what exactly the problem is.
Speaking of problems, crap decides to hit the fan even worse in the form of holo!Zechs in Epyon coming straight at them. Deciding to ignore Heero and Relena for the time being, the pilots focus on handling the approaching Epyon first, as they'll have a veritable Charlie Foxtrot on their hands, should the second generation ZERO system get in touch with the remaining fifty Virgos. Understandable; if Zechs needed only three Virgos to mop the floor with four Gundams, imagine what fifty could do to five.

Jr. is the first to offer to fight him but is promptly rebuked by Phobos, who claims that only Quatrine could face him as she, aside from her brother, is the only one who can use GameShark the Heart of Space. Mille of course won't let her go alone and Phobos surprises him by saying that their prince would be happy to assist her before Mille even gets the chance to voice his thoughts. Mille asks Phobos if he says so because he can't handle it, but Phobos answers that he's not ready to play second fiddle (yet)..? I dunno.
In any case, Naina finally speaks up and says that the person to face Epyon will be Mille's master. This, of course, is none other than the head of Preventer's Mars branch, Chang Wu Fei, who just arrived in the high-speed carrier "Voyage" (Kathy's ship; I guess that means Kathy and Duo are there, too). Mille turns around to see Wu Fei standing there in Epyon Bai with its arms crossed, ready to go into battle.

And this is where the chapter ends. Next up, Dogfight Part 2!

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-06-06 at 17:24. Reason: typos, wrong chap number, etc.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:23   Link #5389
susyia

well in my country we have a habit of calling people we like bebê ( baby) is affectionate nicknamet name for both men and women ..I see nothing wrong with that...

and thanks for the chapter 22!!!
Old 2013-06-07, 06:23   Link #5390
Aldaeus

Just gonna say this now, Ikuze.

Bravo, I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes solid.

Honestly at this point I am ready to say that even if someone somehow got Sumisawa back on his meds and into the nice white jacket with all of the buckles and straps. Then proceeded to burn every copy of all of the material thus far save for the exquisite art, couldn't fix the clusterfuck that is Frozen Teardrop.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:48   Link #5391
Purdys99

Thanks for the update Ikuze. As usual, we can count on you to interpret this mess for us. You know, out of all the photo copy characters, I always did like the idea of Mille. He seems like the only half decent 'original' character in FT. I wonder what's going to happen now with Heero and Relena on the same side now O_O
Purdys99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 14:36   Link #5392
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
A real lead balloon if you ask me, as Duo refers to Relena in the most formal way out of all the pilots. Same as him saying to Master O that his mommy taught him that real men don't cry out. What mother???

By the way, he did know at the very least Hilde's name at that point. She had introduced herself right there. I guess dubbers just wanted to add the ladies' man aspect to his already suave character (it's in the German dub, too).

That reminds me; sorry for going off topic here but I have a question to anyone who has studied linguistics or psychology. How come English and other languages rank words like "babe" or "baby" among their terms of affection? I don't mean to offend, but personally, I find there to be something decidedly pedo about calling my lover "baby". I know Germans and French don't use such words. Well, French French. Is there a reason for the English and others?
"Mommy told me that real men don't cry" was one of Duo's best lines! His humor shines brilliantly even when he's in the gutter and practically dying!

In Mexico you also have "nena". I don't personally like it. Especially when men I don't know call me that because it feels more like a cat call, however, that's what my female cousin calls every girl she knows and I can't exactly punch her in the face for that.

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2013-06-08, 14:37   Link #5393
blacksun128

What's this "Heart of the Universe" that Quatre and Quatrine uses? Is it a special Zero System or something like VEDA in Gundam 00 series?
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 17:14   Link #5394
sky black swordman

^ It's neither, it's more like a Newtype-esque ability.
Old 2013-06-08, 17:19   Link #5395
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Just gonna say this now, Ikuze.

Bravo, I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes solid.

Honestly at this point I am ready to say that even if someone somehow got Sumisawa back on his meds and into the nice white jacket with all of the buckles and straps. Then proceeded to burn every copy of all of the material thus far save for the exquisite art, couldn't fix the clusterfuck that is Frozen Teardrop.
Thanks Aldaeus, you're too kind, but I can't take any credit. I'm only summarizing. Sumizawa, whatever fairy is visiting him at night to dictate the next chapter and Google are the geniuses behind this masterpiece.

Though seriously, compared to some other chapters, this really was one of the best. I honestly enjoyed it. Once I stopped trying to figure out what the heck Fibonacci had to do with anything, that is.

EDIT: I didn't get the part about holo!Zechs though. So far I thought holo!Zechs was a hologram (duh) created by nanomachines which walks, talks and pilots old Epyon, activated once Phobos killed Dixneuf. I think in the beginning Sumizawa also claimed that he declared war on the Martian Federation. But in this chapter he's turning it around to say that the real Zechs declared war?? And what was the hoax about Zechs attending Dixneuf's funeral? Was Zechs attending or holo!Zechs? Well, likely holo!Zechs, unless Sumizawa is retconning the whole thing...

Yeah, I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdys99 View Post
Thanks for the update Ikuze. As usual, we can count on you to interpret this mess for us. You know, out of all the photo copy characters, I always did like the idea of Mille. He seems like the only half decent 'original' character in FT. I wonder what's going to happen now with Heero and Relena on the same side O_O
Lots of baby-making so that we can have EVEN MORE copies of Heero and Relena!!!! And of course they'll all be named Catherine or some variant of it!

Yeah right, as if. Nah, the way their interactions have been thus far and considering all the other sappy junk we've had to suffer through, Sumizawa will likely continue to "tease" (read: annoy the crap out of me) with his "will he or won't he?" approach, sprinkled with lots of angst, tears and doraaaaama. All the while being fully aware that we all know that Heero won't kill Relena, as established in episode 6 of the series.

Heck, if you recall the mess with Duo's paternity, Sumizawa will probably write in one chapter that Heero does kill her, say in the next that his gun was empty and that it was only a symbolic death, but write in the following chapter that Relena drops dead anyway because, I don't know, Zechs' helmet squeezed the blood out of her brain, only to have her wake up from her coma in the last chapter.

And then at the very end, Crayon Shin-chan wakes up from his nightmare and swears he'll never eat funny looking candy again while watching super robot shows until late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun128 View Post
What's this "Heart of the Universe" that Quatre and Quatrine uses? Is it a special Zero System or something like VEDA in Gundam 00 series?
No, it's just Wing's nod to Newtypes. As far as the series goes, it's associated with Heero, Quatre blindly trusting people and mumbling nonsense and the occasional random sparkles. FT has taken it further to include sensing people, fortune-telling, access to GameShark and mathlab.

I wouldn't be surprised Sumizawa adds dowsing, weather forecast and instant language translation while singing "Listen With Your Heart" down the road, too.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-06-08 at 17:50.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 13:53   Link #5396
blacksun128

LOL, i see its basically a newtype in AC/MC, i only thought its VEDA or Zero System because you refer to it as Game Shark that's why i thought its something like a cheating machine and not an evolve state of a human, anyway thanks for all the info above.
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 02:36   Link #5397
Eeni

I finally got around to reading the recap and all I can say I can't even remember what just happened... Anywho, are we assuming that both Mille and Naina were trained by actual MS pilots and not the circus? Which leads me to: Noin and Zehs were ok with their children learning how to pilot these MS? Well, seeing as how Zechs handed his daughter off to a "drunk" and was then taken to an an orphanage for 2 years, I guess piloting isn't all that bad. Not only that, but it was WuFei who was Mille's instructor (who taught Naina?)? Isn't there a law against children piloting weapons or something? You'd think Relena or Une wouldn't want stuff like that happening again. So much for being a Preventer...

Anyways, a random thought, Mariemaia hasn't made an appearance or even mention in FT has she? I wonder if Sumizawa has special plans for her... or just totally forgot her by now.

Last edited by Eeni; 2013-06-17 at 17:19.
Old 2013-06-17, 21:36   Link #5398
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Glory 4 is finally out for those interested.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 22:51   Link #5399
gordol
Banned

Can anyone translate these pages on weapons/equipments info? Tempest Heat Lance rough draft shown. Heavyarms flight unit is called Damselfly.

Last edited by gordol; 2013-06-17 at 23:14.
Old 2013-06-17, 23:22   Link #5400
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
They're not relevant and don't reveal anything other than what you see from looking at the picture, hence why they're untranslated.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing