AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-31, 17:53   Link #641
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
It's a robot. You know, like a super advanced robot. It's probably Japanese. Yeah, it's definitely Japanese.

- Tak
I just assumed that was a reference to a) the Japanese being insane (culturally speaking) and b) that they keep coming up with advanced electronics. But the more I think about it, that probably is the joke they were going for, not what I thought.

Ah yes, that movie.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:34   Link #642
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
a remake of Haman's death. I would prefer to see her dies like a "warrior" and not a suicide....
People get angry at me when I say she wasn't a good villain. People can disagree but to me, if you're going to do next to nothing the majority of the series, at least show up for the final battle in the right state of mind. I mean, suicide? That's just weak.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:35   Link #643
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I think "utter failure" is an understatement. The sad thing is that, from a mecha standpoint, the line arts were some of the best I'd ever seen.
Now you see why I'm on my knees begging for an animated TV series of G-Savior. Those designs need PROPER justice.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 14:28   Link #644
GAT-X207

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Now you see why I'm on my knees begging for an animated TV series of G-Savior. Those designs need PROPER justice.
Then again, wouldn't it be a huge marketing mistake to introduce any new series related to G-Savior considerig the reputation that movie has?
Old 2011-02-02, 14:41   Link #645
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT-X207 View Post
Then again, wouldn't it be a huge marketing mistake to introduce any new series related to G-Savior considerig the reputation that movie has?
I agree, I rather they concentrate their efforts on something else. There are things in this world just not meant to be made into live-action.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 20:31   Link #646
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT-X207 View Post
I'd like an animated version of G-Saviour too. But if all people want is to see the mecha designs being animated and Bandai is afraid of the stigma with G-Saviour, then they can always use the designs without referring to G-Saviour at all. Make it a completely new UC series that retcons G-Saviour and doesn't even mention the name.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:06   Link #647
GAT-X207

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I'd like an animated version of G-Saviour too. But if all people want is to see the mecha designs being animated and Bandai is afraid of the stigma with G-Saviour, then they can always use the designs without referring to G-Saviour at all. Make it a completely new UC series that retcons G-Saviour and doesn't even mention the name.
I guess that's true. Didn't see the full movie but from what I have seen the mecha design seemed interesting.

It kinda sound unlikely though, especially since the new about the whole thing being in UC is uncertain, but I supose it's not impossible.
Old 2011-02-03, 05:17   Link #648
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Sounds like something Sunrise would do.
Old 2011-02-03, 16:47   Link #649
JC...
I am a Pie

Gundam Unicorn facebook page has announced there will be an announcement about something Gundam related. I doubt it has anything to do with the next series, but there's alot of speculation. The facebook operator even said 'Good guessing everyone', I doubt it means much. It's just a thought. And if it's something big, it may have an effect on the Unicorn series and the next series. Will update when it's announced.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:21   Link #650
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Gundam Unicorn facebook page has announced there will be an announcement about something Gundam related. I doubt it has anything to do with the next series, but there's alot of speculation. The facebook operator even said 'Good guessing everyone', I doubt it means much. It's just a thought. And if it's something big, it may have an effect on the Unicorn series and the next series. Will update when it's announced.
Dear lord, give us a title at least.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:28   Link #651
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Dear lord, give us a title at least.

A title would be sweet but I'd rather be informed of the setting.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:34   Link #652
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post

A title would be sweet but I'd rather be informed of the setting.
A setting would give us too much info, a mere title would still leave things open to a lot of speculation. Which is what I'm sure they want.
Old 2011-02-03, 18:36   Link #653
Elo the Blue

Quote:
A setting would give us too much info, a mere title would still leave things open to a lot of speculation. Which is what I'm sure they want.
Very true. One can dream though, right?
Old 2011-02-03, 18:38   Link #654
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Unless of course the title is the same as an existing manga/novel/etc. In which case the title would give away everything.
Old 2011-02-03, 19:35   Link #655
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Unless of course the title is the same as an existing manga/novel/etc. In which case the title would give away everything.
They can always give us a fake title.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:17   Link #656
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
They can always give us a fake title.
A lot of projects do that. They would take an element from the series and use it as the title of the project and everyone would be left wondering what's going on. Nice way to generate hype.
Old 2011-02-03, 22:08   Link #657
justavisitor

is it time for ppl to check what kind of new, weird url that sunrise has taken over??...I remember last time ppl knew the name of gundam00 because ppl found out that sunrise took that name for the url??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 22:30   Link #658
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
is it time for ppl to check what kind of new, weird url that sunrise has taken over??...I remember last time ppl knew the name of gundam00 because ppl found out that sunrise took that name for the url??
http://whois.domaintools.com/crossbone-gundam.net

Registered a few months ago by a "Whois Privacy Protection Service" originating in Japan...

Could it be???
Old 2011-02-04, 22:31   Link #659
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
http://whois.domaintools.com/crossbone-gundam.net

Registered a few months ago by a "Whois Privacy Protection Service" originating in Japan...

Could it be???
I hope not. In fact, it could be a perfect smokescreen.
Old 2011-02-04, 22:37   Link #660
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I hope not. In fact, it could be a perfect smokescreen.
Could be...

Here's another domain that was created almost a year ago but was renewed three days ago, also under that Whois Privacy Protection thing in Japan:

http://whois.domaintools.com/gundam-tuhan.net

Could mean absolutely nothing since I'd think anyone can use that privacy service... But why would any random folk want to prevent whois lookups for a seemingly meaningless URL for a site that doesn't even exist yet?