Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 13:41   Link #101
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
I really don't see Toonami getting HSOTD, there's mature shows, but that's just too much for cable TV
Even when broadcast on japan it was censured, I see no reason for CN to broadcast also a censor version.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 14:03   Link #102
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Even when broadcast on japan it was censured, I see no reason for CN to broadcast also a censor version.

Japan cable TV and US cable TV are different. You seriously think something that ecchi is going to be on cartoon network?
Old 2012-05-18, 14:26   Link #103
solomon

Too much for cable my ass. With all the stuff they can get away with these days?

HOTD is fine. There is just no cross promotion thats all. How is it different from any crap youd see in an R rated movie. Hell PG 13 these days?

I swear if they got HOTD, it'd actually get some ratings I bet.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 15:54   Link #104
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Too much for cable my ass. With all the stuff they can get away with these days?

HOTD is fine. There is just no cross promotion thats all. How is it different from any crap youd see in an R rated movie. Hell PG 13 these days?

I swear if they got HOTD, it'd actually get some ratings I bet.
If you count out premium channels like HBO/Showtime, for basic cable networks, I really can't think of anything as bad as HSOTD.

An R-rated movie can get away with a lot more than something on basic cable.
Old 2012-05-21, 10:39   Link #105
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
It looks like the Backdoor Schedule came out and its looks like Casshern Sin and Deadman Wonderland is the only two new ones. But things can change during this week.
Old 2012-05-21, 10:46   Link #106
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
It looks like the Backdoor Schedule came out and its looks like Casshern Sin and Deadman Wonderland is the only two new ones. But things can change during this week.
I do hope that this "no schedule release" is due to the fact that they are still negotiating behind closed doors for more shows. I will not watch any of them, but the future of anime this side of the big ponds depends on this.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:52   Link #107
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post

An R-rated movie can get away with a lot more than something on basic cable.

word

... and Turner Networks still has 'standards' to deal with... their internal S&P.

TBS's Conan O'Brien found it the hard way
http://www.thedailybeast.com/videos/...practices.html
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:08   Link #108
Hollow Apocalypse

Is Toonami coming back to Uk as well ? or is it just America cause I miss watching outlaw star.
Hollow Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 02:07   Link #109
Slayerx

Quote:
I do hope that this "no schedule release" is due to the fact that they are still negotiating behind closed doors for more shows. I will not watch any of them, but the future of anime this side of the big ponds depends on this.
Well they don't really have the time for much more than two new shows at a time.
One thing that does seem to be a good idea for adult swim has been having the anime's repeat themselves; this way anyone who might have missed the first airing can catch the second airing later that night. This however also limits the number of shows they can have on the toonami block. 12am-6am thus only leaves them room 6 shows instead of 12.

If they were to maintain a few old shows from adult swim to make sure they had a few reliable ratings grabbers (FMA, Bleach, and Cowboy bebop), that brings it down to only 3; and if they wanted to capture the nostalgia quality of toonami by bringing back some of the golden oldies, that would bring the number of new shows they could add to the block down to only 2. No matter how much you play around with the time, it makes it hard for them to add too many new shows without dumping too much of the old (which are reliable ratings grabbers) or sacrificing those repeats (which again, i think its a good idea to keep)... so 2-3 new shows

Its only after adult swim feels they repeated FMA:Brotherhood enough that they can drop it, Or if they were finally ready to let go of their cowboy bebop safety net that they would have the time to air a third new series. Starting the block an hour earlier would also give them the time they need.... though since they aren't airing new episodes, i would want them to limit cowboy bebop and FMA: Brotherhood to only one airing so that they can add something New, Original or Nostalgic

note: I am only assuming Blach, FMA:Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop are sticking around... i don't know for sure.
I picked them because they are the only ones still listed on Adult Swim's official schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko
I recall watching Casshern Sin when I still had funimation Channel... really didn't care that much for it. The pace is VERY slow and while it can be an interesting philosophical/introspective journey, i got tired of it eventually and it lost its charm... frankly i think i might have enjoyed it more if it was a shorter series; like if the series was 12 episodes instead of 24

Personally, i would still want them to bring on something like Black Lagoon. I think a series like that would have the kind of quality that could allow them to finally drop Cowbop bebop so that we can use its timeslot for something else (again, i love cowboy bebop, but they been milking it for years and need to let it rest for awhile)
Old 2012-05-22, 07:42   Link #110
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I have seen Deadman Wonderland one year ago, but if they deliver a good dub that is as faithful as the Japanese one, then things get a-we-some !

EDIT : I went to ANN for the cast and despite having Greg Ayres as Ganta, I hope the dub will be as good as the Japanese version.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:00   Link #111
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Personally, i would still want them to bring on something like Black Lagoon.
Oh, wow, you know that completely slipped my mind, but there's another show I would love for them to air and don't believe they ever have before.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:04   Link #112
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm excited for this Saturday.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:19   Link #113
solomon

Have all those Marvel Anime been shown on tv yet?

Cause I think those would be AWESOME pickups. Toonami could actually feel safe putting actual marketing muscle behind them and they'd ACTUALLY get ratings.

Someone else mentioned Black Lagoon, a good suggestion. Le Chevalier D'Eon would be a good pickup.
Old 2012-05-22, 10:31   Link #114
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I don't think any of them have been shown on tv, but I did happen by the XMEN dvd, was tempted to pick it up.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 10:40   Link #115
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Have all those Marvel Anime been shown on tv yet?
On G4, I believe.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:07   Link #116
Slayerx

Anime news network's got a new schedule up and news from DeMarco

Apparently the new toonami is already suffering from funding issues and is gonna need ratings to move forward. Though all the more it makes me think Casshern Sins is a bad idea; its an ok series but i can't see it being a strong ratings grabber. Frankly i think they should have gone with something a lot heavier on intense action, or something more hilarious... save the slower more philosophical series till AFTER they got solid ratings
Old 2012-05-22, 12:20   Link #117
Xagzan

Didn't the Marvel anime get pretty poor reviews? I know IGN especially wasn't fond of Wolverine or X-Men, and only found Iron Man decent.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 13:37   Link #118
solomon

Critiques aside, The Marvel shows would address the EXACT problems that Xagan points out.

Frankly no one watches the anime they have now, unless they got some shows with wide appeal a change in branding will result in furious sounds signifying NOTHING.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:51   Link #119
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Anime news network's got a new schedule up and news from DeMarco

Apparently the new toonami is already suffering from funding issues and is gonna need ratings to move forward. Though all the more it makes me think Casshern Sins is a bad idea; its an ok series but i can't see it being a strong ratings grabber. Frankly i think they should have gone with something a lot heavier on intense action, or something more hilarious... save the slower more philosophical series till AFTER they got solid ratings
Deadman Wonderland was a good choice then

They are negotiating about Fairy tail, One Piece and others though

Seems like these were the best. I think they know Casshern wasn't the best choice probably just cheaper into they get a better lineup.

Quote:
Didn't want to just have Deadman Wonderland or it will be back burned like Durarara.
DeMarco said that he personally "love[s] One Piece and would love to see it on CN again" along with Gundam Wing. Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and Inuyasha: The Final Act are some of the "many shows we've been looking at" or discussed.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:58   Link #120
solomon

I'm the biggest freaking one piece fan around but I don't know, it's still a regular shonen and that can be a tricky sell for non anime fan 18+ demos. Fairy Tail as well.

Inuyasha Kanketsuhen? Decent choice. I'd watch it.

PSG is a no brainer.