AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 18:23   Link #341
silvercover
Romance Expert

well, that "soap opera" is sort of something that I rarely and really want to see in other medias.

you probably havent heard it from me yet, but im someone who really like to watch various levels of character interaction and development, ranging from improving to decreasing. from my title as the romance expert, well I like seeing a web of relationships of course, multiple ones, and then watch how the characters start to unfold and break around it.

most of the time its not done properly in other medias, its either too cheesy or too dramatic. or the web is too simple, that the conflict turns into something minor and somewhat easy to resolve.
I like to see a scene where multiple people desire one another, or more than one person, and see how the characters would grow and develop. whether it leads to relationship improvement or decay, I would love to see it.

not sure if I myself have the potential to get it done properly, but im sure I can avoid making it be melodramatic/overdramatic and not so cheesy/generic like most others.

of course, I could also cut that part off, since it may be too much for me. but I believe its also necessary, at the very least it will be if I really want my ship to set sail properly. the relationships needs to get cleared up and settled, which means there will be people hurt but its a necessary step for character development.

if I dont do something like it, chances are my pairing will feel fake and forced.
well, I could certainly just tone down the relationships into simpler and fewer ones, but its not quite as fun and exciting for me.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 07:03   Link #342
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

I think you are right about the relationships.
The characters are one of the reasons why I love the anime so much,well also because I can identify very well with Madoka.

I'm not much of a writer myself,in fact I never wrote a fanfiction before.
That's one of the reasons why I don't want to go too crazy and stick to only 2 or 3 characters.

Speaking of,I'm not sure how to handle Sayaka.
I could use her as little more than a plot device,but I think that would be a bit disrespectful.
I will figure something out.
It's not too far far-fetched that Sayaka and Homura were friends in 1 timeline or another,right?

I'm also thinking about telling each act from a different perspective.
Act 1 for example would be from Madoka's perspective or alternatively through her diary.
She never worte a diary in the show,but I think I have that much freedom as a writer.
Szadek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 07:31   Link #343
silvercover
Romance Expert

madoka had a diary I believe, or at least some notebook where she drew those magical girl outfits. its close enough to be a diary, or just assume it was a diary.

for sayaka and homura to be friends, well, you've got the different story manga for that one. id say they're at least friendly enough that sayaka can tell homura's tense and tries to loosen her up from the tension.

Old 2014-06-17, 14:04   Link #344
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

I forgot about the notebook,that could work.
Either way I think it's ok the to give the characters everyday traits and hobbies.

I want to read the different story anyway,but now it's also part of my research.
Old 2014-06-26, 21:01   Link #345
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but here's a draft of chapter one of my Madoka/Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite crossover:

"About How I Made A Contract"

Spoiler for Ore Doutei Chapter 18 spoilers:
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-27, 04:26   Link #346
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

I'm a bit stuck on my first act,but made good progress with act 2 instead.
It's still a bit bare bones right now.All the important plot points are there,but not much else.
I want to focus more on the characters
I still need to read The Different Story,but I bought vol. 1 and 2.

I'm thinking about telling the whole story from Sayaka's perspective.
In the end she would keep her memories and this time it wouldn't be such a big problem,because she doesn't need Madoka nearly as much as Homura does.
She also woudn't die the way she did ,because she learn her leason so to say.
Old 2014-07-14, 20:41   Link #347
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Alright,as part of my I want to develop a friendship(or at least trust) between Sayaka and Homura.
I want to talk about 2 things:the similarity between Homura and Sayaka,as well as Homura and Madoka.
Later on I also bring up,that Homura hasn't really changed at all,at heart she is still same girl she always was(or that at least my interpreation of her character).
She still just want to protect her friend and make her happy,but secondarily Homura also want to find happiness for herself if possible.

Is there anything else I should bring up?
Old 2014-07-18, 09:54   Link #348
silvercover
Romance Expert

going to seriously start on that fanfiction, once im done with this chapter for my BRS fic.
so long as college doesnt get too hectic.

Old 2014-07-23, 20:51   Link #349
silvercover
Romance Expert

just starting to work on the first chapter, I think I can finish it by the time this weekend rolls.

Old 2014-07-24, 20:54   Link #350
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but here's a draft of chapter one of my Madoka/Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite crossover:

"About How I Made A Contract"

Spoiler for Ore Doutei Chapter 18 spoilers:
Not sure if anyone cares, but here's the second chapter of my Madoka/Ore ga Doutei o Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite crossover. Comments appreciated.

Spoiler for Saving Space, also, OreDoutei Chapter 18 spoilers:

Also, kinda drawing a blank with regards to whether or not to use witches from the series to make guest appearances, and if not, designs for original witches. Also, as for Puer Magi Masaki, I was planning on arming him with a longsword and buckler, and having his outfit appear as a some sort of medieval style plate armor. Initially, he will not know about the full abilities of the buckler, which is very similar to Homura's but I was thinking of having him learn of it. Not sure whether to have him discover it on his own or actually run into Homura, who informs him of the full power of the buckler, and soon after, Masaki starts imitating her weapon-collecting methods. Any thoughts on all this?

Also, if Puer Magi seems a bit OP in the later parts of fic with both a magic weapon and a modern firearms, and time manipulation, I might remind you that he will start going more an more along Sayaka's path, having made the contract (as one of a few males to Kyubey found with a high enough "despair level") to go back in time to his highschool days and
Spoiler for OreDoutei and fanfic idea spoilers:

Once again, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2014-07-24 at 21:09.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 00:03   Link #351
silvercover
Romance Expert

also here to share my first chapter, im now starting to actually make the fic:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10564305/1/Refractions

reviews would be appreciated

Old 2014-07-25, 07:46   Link #352
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
also here to share my first chapter, im now starting to actually make the fic:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10564305/1/Refractions

reviews would be appreciated
There isn't too much to talk about for now.
We know the setting...well kind of.
The most important part right now are the characters.
Sayaka and Kyoko are covered for now,let's see where it goes from here.
Old 2014-07-26, 05:52   Link #353
silvercover
Romance Expert

I wish I could properly arrange the character tags... as I feel like im making false advertisement with the arrangement and will face an angry mob in the future.

well for starters, it might take a while, as im also working on my other fanfic.
one thing though, is that I intend, or usually do if you've seen my other fic, alternate the character perspectives. first chapter is from sayaka's view, next one will likely be homura's. also its not just those two, the others will have their point of views seen.

Old 2014-08-01, 08:00   Link #354
silvercover
Romance Expert

I have updated my fic now guys, would like to hear your thoughts:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10564305/2/Refractions

Old 2014-08-01, 19:04   Link #355
Szadek
Missionary of Madoka

The story gets intriguing.I'm looking forward to the interaction between Homura and Sayaka,
Anyway,I belive Mami/Homura-san is wrong and it should either be Mami/Homura-chan or Tomoe/Akemi-san.

I think Homura cares more about the other girls then she knows.
She did more for them,then she had to.
This could be interesting later on,like Homura trys to kill Sayaka ,but can't go through with it.
Old 2014-08-03, 05:43   Link #356
silvercover
Romance Expert

hmm I guess so, what I intended there was mainly just to highlight homura and mami's name... I doubt the chan part is viable though, mami doesnt seem the type to call that affectionately to someone, especially since this homura is nothing like the moemura one...

eh I'll keep it like this, its been like a month so its not that strange for mami and homura to be a bit more familiar with each other.

Old 2014-08-12, 09:49   Link #357
silvercover
Romance Expert

3rd chapter up:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10564305/3/Refractions

Old 2014-08-12, 13:54   Link #358
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm just here to pimp someone else's fanfiction on another forum. It's complete, and hosted on the Sufficient Velocity forums. Called "Speak of the Devil", it's a crossover with Vertigo comics. It's set Post-Rebellion Story, and Homura has a chance encounter with Lucifer himself.

And then things get complicated.

http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com...-rebellion.42/
Old 2014-08-12, 18:37   Link #359
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm just here to pimp someone else's fanfiction on another forum. It's complete, and hosted on the Sufficient Velocity forums. Called "Speak of the Devil", it's a crossover with Vertigo comics. It's set Post-Rebellion Story, and Homura has a chance encounter with Lucifer himself.

And then things get complicated.

http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com...-rebellion.42/
Saw that in spacebattles as well, going to try to read it then.

Old 2014-08-13, 18:07   Link #360
Heir of the Void

I'm considering working on a story where humanity in general discovers the Incubators, and goes to war against them would there be any interest in this idea in general, or anyone willing to help me brainstorm for something like this?
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, fanfiction