AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-21, 17:03   Link #21
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh... WHY did they lower Hiromi's hands in ep 3's OP? The pose she had was nice. I hope it's not some safety censoring stuff and whatnot...
Old 2017-01-25, 08:43   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched 1 to 3.

Decent first episode, and a beautiful scenery. At first I was irritated because it seemed the forgetting how to pedal looked exaggerated.. was explained later that she only used a children's bike before.

For some reason I found episode 2 to be exteremely boring.. almost made me drop this show.

Third episode is a good one. It's heartwarming because they made grandma happy by inheriting the clubroom. And I understand now why they seem to be riding at night at the opening theme.. they're probably going to later get those bikes with headlights. And I like the rich girl too... sorry forgot her name.. she's physically weak comapared to the others, but she had the idea to revive the club again.

And lastly.. I think grandma should have asked help cleaning that old clubroom.. sh e could have had a heart attack cleaning that place all by herself.:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-01-28 at 17:48.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 10:32   Link #23
HandofFate

episode 4
what a stupid episode, why is this even an issue or having to race, just tell them to buzz off.
Old 2017-01-29, 04:47   Link #24
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
episode 4
what a stupid episode, why is this even an issue or having to race, just tell them to buzz off.
That applies to way too many anime. It's not like they can force people to do whatever if they don't feel so, but for some weird reason, people always accept the challenge in anime. And honestly, you could see the outcome from a mile. We all know who's in the club from the OP, so there was no way it could've ended up differently :P
Old 2017-01-29, 08:32   Link #25
dinodiner

Expecting a second-year, nationally ranked 2nd, multi-disciplinary athlete to lose to a 'new to cycling' first year I was banking on it being a SoL and truly, the senior student was all nice in the end.

Indeed, this seems to be a "color by numbers" anime so far. Going by the OP, next episode preview and general anime tropes, my guess is the club needs at least 5 members to be recognized - so next episode may be filled with the hunt for another member.

Also, this club has decided on a pink and black jersey with an angel on its back, just like Team Fortuna from Long Riders.
dinodiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 08:49   Link #26
Ulin

I don't like this kind of challenges... it just feels so stupid... it si not like the person could say "ok, lets say I don't accept a challenge where if I loose you get what you want with me/my girlfriend/my friend/whatever and if I win... well, nothing happens, except the thing all the oter people wants"

I still don't know if it is going to be more SoL or if they will race, because from the opening I get one thing but the actual episode says otherwise.

This episode is weaker than the previous ones, but well, we'll see how evolves (specially since it is only 12 episodes)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 17:50   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Except the challenge was "if you win, nothing happens, and if you lose... nothing happens". From a "getting whatshername to join the cycling club" point of view, the challenge was utterly pointless. But it was, I suppose, fun, and satisfied the demands of whatever weird honor the swimming ace had.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 04:43   Link #28
Ulin

The thing is that should be the outcome always... because why I am going to accept doing something I don't want just because I could loose in a challenge I don't have to take and where I don't have anything to gain? The answer in this kind of challenges should always be "How about no?"

I've just watched it again in yowapeda "Oh, so you are in the hunt of the head of the race... how about if some of us take 2 flags of distance from the others, they have to abandon the pursuit?" Eh... why should I just do this. Just race dammit! That's why a single sprint is taking you 4 whole episodes!! (sorry for the offtopic, I'm just a bit frustrated with that )
Old 2017-02-21, 18:09   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, Yowapeda this isn't, and on the cute girls riding bicycles front it had a rough start compared to Longriders, but it's alright now.
Old 2017-02-22, 07:28   Link #30
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Didn't like the night race episode at the school. A team member fell down, and it's nice they all went bac k to the start line for the sake of the fallen club member... but after the one who fell down got back in her bike.... why in the world are they still chatting casually when a race is going on? ---- anime dropped...

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2017-02-23 at 09:09.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 03:56   Link #31
Ulin

It is good that it isn't Yowapeda or Longriders but... this two represent opossite aspects of the sport, but this is something that it si not one nor the other

I still enjoy it, but for me it is not at the level of the other two
Old 2017-02-25, 21:32   Link #32
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

For those that are continuing to watch this series, I'm intrigued by who the bear is and if that character will come into light later on.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 09:36   Link #33
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
For those that are continuing to watch this series, I'm intrigued by who the bear is and if that character will come into light later on.
It's weird that it's ep 8 already and we haven't seen the blonde girl yet.
Old 2017-03-01, 04:23   Link #34
Ulin

Yep, I also thought it was pretty weird... specially since she is in the OP since the beginning.

Anyway, I found the race a little dissapointing. I know it needs to be thrilling, but I guess that seeing a person in a domestic bike and cosplaying as a bear on the first place for almost 9/10 partes of the race, and alone while the main characters were in road bikes, and racing the way you should, but they dropped out until only one were left... I don't know.
Old 2017-03-04, 14:54   Link #35
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Episode 9 was a delightful episode to watch! Her Japanese is definitely "Americanized"!
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 09:24   Link #36
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

So now that Sandy's part of the team... Who's the bear in the OP? >_>
Old 2017-03-25, 00:10   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-27, 09:35   Link #38
Ulin

In the end pretty average show. IMO one of the worst problems is that it seems the show cant decide which direction to take. In the end it is something in between a CGDCT but trying, very lightly, to be a sports show, but sadly, it fails in both of them.
Im not asking for a female yowapeda, but at least if this were more about racing would be better, because having watched this, Id rather had a second season of Longriders by far.

Maybe it is because it has been aired right after LR and the comparative was unavoidable, maybe if this was aired a season later...
Old 2017-03-27, 15:10   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I agree on the bad compromise thing, but I think they should have gone more in the CGDCT direction. The sport thing was dead on arrival. It was still pretty enjoyable, though.
Old 2017-03-27, 19:59   Link #40
nicky.
animesuki

I thought Long Riders was better, so I stopped watching this series after episode 6. To those who have seen to the end, was I proven wrong?
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cycling, sports