AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-28, 19:12   Link #141
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by schedmaster View Post
After watching this 3 times, I have to say it's understandable and humbling. Understandable for the fact it felt realistic and more likely to happen in today's world. Humbling for the fact that I have to acknowledge that love works in strange ways and it works differently with each person. It's not a perfect process and it takes time.
You watch everything 3 times already or just this episode? It takes multiple watches to truly appreciate any show. I remember watching Amagami SS+ for the first time, I really didn't like it. However, after watching it several times over the years, I really love it now.

I may not like Seiren now, but if I watch it multiple times I will probably like it a whole lot more. This arc did had a more realistic relationship, something that could happen in real life and not all fruity and happy ending all the time. Maybe the creators wanted to try something different for once?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 19:33   Link #142
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
You watch everything 3 times already or just this episode? It takes multiple watches to truly appreciate any show. I remember watching Amagami SS+ for the first time, I really didn't like it. However, after watching it several times over the years, I really love it now.

I may not like Seiren now, but if I watch it multiple times I will probably like it a whole lot more. This arc did had a more realistic relationship, something that could happen in real life and not all fruity and happy ending all the time. Maybe the creators wanted to try something different for once?
Actually, this series: I watched each episode at least twice, but this last one, I watched it three times.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 19:51   Link #143
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

The way this arc developed actually felt much less likely to happen than the alternative scenarios. Consider the following:

1. A popular high school girl is stuck in summer boot camp with an average guy she has a (non-romantic) interest in. He is one of the few people she knows and one of the few who pay attention to her rather than have his head stuck in a book. They help each other. After summer camp is over, she returns to her circle of friends, and the girl and the guy become closer as platonic friends.

2. A popular high school girl is stuck in summer boot camp with an average guy she has a (non-romantic) interest in. He is one of the few people she knows and one of the few who pay attention to her rather than have his head stuck in a book. They help each other. Over the course of summer camp, they develop romantic feelings toward each other, and they start dating regularly.

3. A popular high school girl is stuck in summer boot camp with an average guy she has a (non-romantic) interest in. He is one of the few people she knows and one of the few who pay attention to her rather than have his head stuck in a book. They help each other. During camp, he inspires her to pursue a particular dream that she was in doubt about, and they develop romantic feelings toward each other. After camp, they share one wild, celibate evening together, then keep each other at arms' length so the girl can focus on pursuing her dream for the remaining 1.5 years of high school.

Now, which of these sounds like something that you normally see happen in high school? It seems to me that the so called wish fulfillment scenario--scenario 2--is actually far more likely than what happened in this arc--scenario 3. If you want a humbling but realistic scenario, scenario 1 is still the far more likely than scenario 3. And frankly, scenario 1 follows the setup from the first 3 episodes of this arc much better than scenario 3.
Incest Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 20:45   Link #144
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

My main problem with this series is MC. MCs in Kimi Kiss were really decent and MC in Amagami too even if a bit less so. Heck, even FotoKano MC was better. I got that MC should be ultimately plain so male otakus can place thamself on his place but I thought this thing became outadated lately?

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2017-01-29 at 07:26.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 21:49   Link #145
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ugh... I can't stand someone like Tsuneki.. but what could you do when she kept seducing you like that?
I might give up pretty early like what MC did

to be honest, starting from now, I think this is how everything would get better
we'll see the true feeling of Tsuneki
I'm not going to complain if it turned out that Tsuneki got NTR'd by her friend
I think it would be a good time for MC to show something

that bath scene is hilarious anyway
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 22:54   Link #146
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
My main problwem with this series is MC. MCs in Kimi Kiss were really decent and MC in Amagami too even if a bit less so. Heck, even FotoKano MC was better. I got that MC should be ultimately plain so male otakus can place thamself on his place but I thought this thing became outadated lately?
this is just his first arc so we see if he has other parts of his personality. the mc in amagami in the first anime arc goes to hide in his closet with glow in the dark stickers when he feels down

interested in what this mc's careers might turn out to be depending on the girl.
Old 2017-01-28, 23:01   Link #147
Blueknight78

Quote:
My main problwem with this series is MC. MCs in Kimi Kiss were really decent and MC in Amagami too even if a bit less so. Heck, even FotoKano MC was better. I got that MC should be ultimately plain so male otakus can place thamself on his place but I thought this thing became outadated lately?
shameless\beta/near gay/ coward mcs never will stop to be "otakus" priority and never outdated, as long the amount of "herbivore males" keep grown and more and more the otakus prefer to shut-in and use "ona-holes and others "replaces" for female this never gonna be outdated, this is the "sad side of anime/manga/novel market" 80 to 90% of the series aways will be or a peniless mc or a dense or a annoying perve(many times they can be all of that at same time).

That aways will be my complain, which have "normal" guys aways will be too difficult and "non-otaku friend" since "normal guys are hated by otakus.
Old 2017-01-29, 03:03   Link #148
Darthtabby

Quote:
Heck, even FotoKano MC was better.
Kamita might not be the greatest MC ever, but at least he isn't scummy enough to blackmail a girl into posing for questionable photographs. There's a reason I quickly dropped PhotoKano.

I also appreciate that Kamita decided to go on the study trip out of a desire for self improvement.

I wonder what would have happened if they'd made Ai's brother the MC. I guess he wasn't generic enough for the male lead in an omnibus romance series.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 04:30   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yes, Seiren's MC is still better than the blackmailer MC of Photokano. Those who said otherwise might have forgot his bad deed.
Old 2017-01-29, 04:50   Link #150
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes, Seiren's MC is still better than the blackmailer MC of Photokano. Those who said otherwise might have forgot his bad deed.
I've forgotten Photokano altogether, let alone the MC But I recently watched Amagami and the MC there is more likeable overall.
Old 2017-01-29, 05:11   Link #151
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
It takes multiple watches to truly appreciate any show.
Yeah, I think that's more on the line of brainwashing yourself or autosuggestion.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 08:07   Link #152
Arya

^ That's what I was thinking too

Not that it surprised me much, the first three episodes didn't impressed me at all, but the level of the comments saved me by watching the last episode.
Speaking of the MC, well the impression I've got is that he is still a kid so Tsuneki was someone out of his league (but I feel it could be applied to any girl but his sister), and the ending kinda unwillingly confirmed this.

So, well at least there's no need to reset anything.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 09:33   Link #153
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah, I think that's more on the line of brainwashing yourself or autosuggestion.
It's explained there.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 15:04   Link #154
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So is this starting anew from the same day it started for the first girl or is it an ongiong story?
Would be a pain to have it stop now that Tsumeki stopped being an annoying b...

Or will this be an in between those 5 years?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 15:20   Link #155
Darthtabby

Each girl's story arc is an alternate continuity. Same as Amagami SS.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 15:41   Link #156
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A pattern of the MC getting dumped and falling in love with a new girl the day after would be funny...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 15:41   Link #157
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say that was surprisingly a solid episode to end the arc on. I wasn't sure they could make the standard confession and such work....and in that sense it was true. They kind of touched on the budding feelings, but didn't actually go for the immediate payoff.

While I look forward to seeing an arc that is more about Shoichi himself developing, this isn't a bad first one. It really was more about Tsuneki herself growing and maturing. And through this arc she found what she wanted to do, stepped out of her comfort zone, and handled things pretty well. Didn't even let the thing with her friend blow up, but rather just wanted confirmation on things.

The epilogue does help though . Allows a "ok, things will be fine with them" while giving them the time for development. Now that Tsuneki has made her round trip of culinary learning, maybe they can move ahead. Also gave time for Shoichi himself to mature a bit. Something that probably was needed for anything to seriously move forward for them.

In the end I still liked Tsuneki's character as a whole.
Old 2017-01-29, 22:27   Link #158
scififan

The ending is a bummer.

Years later, the show is only memorable moment may be Shoichi's desk...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The ending kind of reminds me about Kimagure Orange Road. After open to each other, the girl went aboard to cool off. This type of plot is begging for scandal ending in today's manga.

I also wonder why Ikou seems so happy. Since the story is taking place at about same time as Kimkiss, he may refer to meeting that person.
Images
Ikou
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 07:48   Link #159
EroKing

NSFW
Official art

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 15:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 14:20   Link #160
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I finally remembered what the ending reminded me of. It's exactly like the ending of Nozoki Ana.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, omnibus project, romcom