AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 9 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 36.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-05-14, 23:49   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 11:13   Link #2
itine
No Book No Live

HOLY MOLY 10/10
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 11:55   Link #3
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Perfect finish!!!! 10/10
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 12:13   Link #4
SilverGlavenus

Dem dragons, dayummmm. 10/10. But there is the annoying kuroko, so 8/10.

The dragons look like they symbolize concepts and elements: fire, ice, wind, light, dark.....
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 13:45   Link #5
Frontier

I can't say I was expecting this to conclude with Touma's arm getting cut off and Imagine Breaker's true power coming out with a full Dragon Blast of various colorful dragon heads to stop cosmic Mikoto...but that was pretty darn epic. Move over Goku .

I am now even more curious about Gunha's ability. So he can somehow stitch himself and up and the come up with that big light show to clear a path for Touma? Feels like there's almost literally nothing he can't do .

I'm sure in some way Mikoto didn't mind getting saved by Touma again, and having him be there for her to talk her down from her negative feelings towards Academy City. Sure there is stuff rotten in the city, and people behind it that they can't directly go after, but wiping the city out isn't the way to fix that and there's still plenty of good in the city from their actions and the people they've met .

Oh, and Touma just casually handing his jacket to a naked Mikoto. Classy, but that usually doesn't end well for him .

Kozaku in handcuffs! Do the Tokiwadai skirts have pockets Kuroko was keeping those in, or does she have them attached to her leg somehow like she does her needles? Also, do those not negate an Esper's ability? They seem more science-y then normal handcuffs, so I kind of assumed they did, but Kozauk didn't seem to think it would impede her ability .

Kongo showing Mikoto how much of an impact she unconsciously makes on people, and Mikoto telling Kongo that she makes an impact all her own, was a really sweet scene .

Mikoto and Misaki still may not like each other, but they acknowledge each other more now and seem to better accept each other, which is something .

That was nice of Misaki to undo the memory tampering on Mikoto's friends...but she still couldn't resist getting one last dig in .

Saten won a competition! Not bad for a Level 0 .

You know you've got real gal pals when they realize you have a massive crush on someone and do all they can to give you some quality time with them (up to and including restraining Kuroko). After everything Mikoto has gone through in this arc, getting to spend time with her friends again and have a nice dance with Touma was a good way to make up for it. Well, up until Kuroko hit her limit .

So Misaki figured out that Kozaku was Dolly's old friend and went to the trouble of finding her and wiping her from the memory of Judgement (to where they remember stopping a terrorist, but not actually apprehending said terrorist). I guess that was Misaki doing one last service for Dolly, but I'm curious what she's going to do with Kozaku (and Gensei). I guess we'll find out next episode when they get into Kozaku and Dolly's backstory .
Old 2020-05-15, 13:53   Link #6
VTHokiePride

I completely forgot that he had dragons in his arm. Saten-san is the perfect wing man.
Old 2020-05-15, 15:22   Link #7
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

This episode was just too awesome 10/10 I think it just put Railgun T ahead of S.
Old 2020-05-15, 16:06   Link #8
Wandering Soul

I came for dragons and got my dragons. Consider me a happy viewer.

That's not to say there weren't other good scenes. Misaka's talk with Kongou, Misaki getting one last laugh on Misaka, and Saten being best wing woman also deserve a mention.
Old 2020-05-15, 17:52   Link #9
Daft

Nice episode! Js06 translated tweets from Railgun's editor's twitter talking about the abilities of each dragon. Speculated about Touma's red eye a bit too.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2020-05-16, 05:04   Link #10
magnuskn

10/10 for the episode overall.

-1 for Cockblocku being annoying.
Old 2020-05-16, 06:25   Link #11
tsunade666

KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I CAME! I SEE! IT'S A WIN!!!!!

Its been tortuorous wait but it's here! It's been annoying with lots of delay and typical railgun fashion show, it helps misaki shows up a bit but it's finally here

I didn't expect a different color IT though.
Old 2020-05-16, 12:12   Link #12
Magewolf

Why did Touma look more impressive in one episode of a spinoff than he did in all of his own last show?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 18:17   Link #13
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Why did Touma look more impressive in one episode of a spinoff than he did in all of his own last show?
Because J.C. Staff do not cvare about Index this much. And director is different there.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 18:28   Link #14
magnuskn

Not that I can blame them too much. Index is a bloody annoying character and doesn't even have the balance of being actually a useful member of the team, like Cockblocku Kuroko.

Not to mention that Railgun is much less silly with women throwing themselves tits first at Touma all the time.
Old 2020-05-16, 18:39   Link #15
rladls2121

I actually wished the battle quality at least weren't that underwhelming in Index 3 because most of Touma's and the others fighting scenes took place overseas many times.
Level 5s, above Level 5s and at least Level 5 powerhouses are everywhere in Index 3, and yet battle animations didn't made me exciting to watch, their moves were actually confusing sometimes.
Battles like Acqua and Knight Leader is one of the rare battles to watch because it is not everyday we can see one on one older men fight to the death with big swords.

But for "obvious" reasons battle animation qualities in Railgun side series are all above Index main series.
Even fights involving Skillouts vs Mikoto and Kuroko are that exciting.
Though I'm not a fan with fight scenes that involves robots or people inside a big power suits.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-16, 18:41   Link #16
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post
Nice episode! Js06 translated tweets from Railgun's editor's twitter talking about the abilities of each dragon. Speculated about Touma's red eye a bit too.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Wow, I was not expecting each of them to have these unique, individualized, abilities. Kind of makes me wonder if he's going to release them individually when he needs to at some point .
Old 2020-05-16, 21:18   Link #17
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Index III has three to four times the material of the coverage of Railgun T, even more.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-17, 03:41   Link #18
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft View Post

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Thanks for the info. What was the dragon that defeated Aureolus ?
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-17, 05:37   Link #19
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@SilverGlavenus The one Daft put as [Purple Dragon] that was the dragon used to defeat Aureolus, on the Toaru wiki page for Imagine Breaker it is listed as the First Dragon.
Old 2020-05-17, 07:43   Link #20
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Index III has three to four times the material of the coverage of Railgun T, even more.
It would help if they didn't try cover ALL material at once. It's not like it would run away.