AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 14:35   Link #6741
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Golden GM yes!!

lol. I actually liked the design of this Hyakushiki wannabe, lets wait how it turns out to be
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:05   Link #6742
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
Well, it's basically just a gold-plated GM so...

Anyway, is Alva Aron also one of Kunio Okawara's work?
Going by your logic, why does the HG Tierens cost as much as the Exia ? Sometime even more evident by the Space Type and the Taozi.

The point is, it's not the design that matters, but the number of plastic that goes into the production of the kit. And trust me, gold plating doesn't comes cheap.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:19   Link #6743
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

ye, mdel price are based on material quantity
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:22   Link #6744
U<3Anime
Boo!

1/100 Astrea box: Yay they are finally making more dynamic poses for the boxart.

1/144 HG Nadeelh boxart: Omg kickass! Look at those glowy hair! It's so pretty that it seems like its about to shoot beams out! Too bad the hair still looks like crap on the actual model.
Old 2008-04-09, 18:11   Link #6745
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

looking at this and the impulse makes me want to get them all ( strike sword+launche, strike freedom and impulse....)
Old 2008-04-09, 19:00   Link #6746
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Going by your logic, why does the HG Tierens cost as much as the Exia ? Sometime even more evident by the Space Type and the Taozi.
I wondered about that, too. >_< Exia's pretty cheap for a very well-detailed kit. Although the Akatsuki matter doesn't make any sense; Hyaku Shiki contains about four runners plus polycaps and such, while Akatsuki contains four runners plus polycaps and such... wait, they both have pretty much the same amount of parts, so why the price difference? Hyaku Shiki = 1,500 yen, Akatsuki = 2,400 yen.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:10   Link #6747
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
I wondered about that, too. >_< Exia's pretty cheap for a very well-detailed kit. Although the Akatsuki matter doesn't make any sense; Hyaku Shiki contains about four runners plus polycaps and such, while Akatsuki contains four runners plus polycaps and such... wait, they both have pretty much the same amount of parts, so why the price difference? Hyaku Shiki = 1,500 yen, Akatsuki = 2,400 yen.
few possibilities
the coated area on Akatsuki is larger than Hyaku Shiki
Different Materials

I dont have neither kit to compare but from what i see on dalong, Akatsuki has a larger area, and the material seems superior
Old 2008-04-09, 19:12   Link #6748
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Hyaku Shiki has less gold parts than the Akatsuki. 3 gold plated runners vs 2. Now factor in inflation, rising costs, weight (Akatsuki kit weighs 20% more), different materials and etc and voila! You have your 2,400 yen Akatsuki. Not to mention that the gold plating on Hyaku Shiki looks really crappy and dull compared to Akatsuki.

Edit: Oops, I was too slow. Someone beat me to it.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:08   Link #6749
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
few possibilities
the coated area on Akatsuki is larger than Hyaku Shiki
Different Materials

I dont have neither kit to compare but from what i see on dalong, Akatsuki has a larger area, and the material seems superior
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
Hyaku Shiki has less gold parts than the Akatsuki. 3 gold plated runners vs 2. Now factor in inflation, rising costs, weight (Akatsuki kit weighs 20% more), different materials and etc and voila! You have your 2,400 yen Akatsuki. Not to mention that the gold plating on Hyaku Shiki looks really crappy and dull compared to Akatsuki.

Edit: Oops, I was too slow. Someone beat me to it.
I see. Thanks for clearing that up, guys.
Old 2008-04-10, 02:25   Link #6750
GameraBaenre

I would have gotten a little more done, but I picked up the new Rock Band guitars that came out this week and ended up playing rockband with the girlfriend for most of the night. But here are some new progress pictures. I assembled most of the subsections. I still have to do detail painting so those parts are going to be masked off and painted. But for now, this is what I have:
Spoiler:

Heres what the aluminum thrusters look like painted with alclad Dull aluminum.
Spoiler:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 03:05   Link #6751
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Very nice
Old 2008-04-10, 03:47   Link #6752
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

@GameraBaenre
nice work ^^ I saw in one of your tutorial u prime the entire leg, can u post another video about painting them? like tips to tape the parts and such thank you
Old 2008-04-10, 07:29   Link #6753
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
release today

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10068469
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:42   Link #6754
GameraBaenre

Quote:
@GameraBaenre
nice work ^^ I saw in one of your tutorial u prime the entire leg, can u post another video about painting them? like tips to tape the parts and such thank you
You mean how I mask off some of the areas to paint details? That's coming up, when I get the chance tonight, I'll be doing the detail work, so I'll take a couple of videos of the masking process, painting over the mask, and then pealing the masking tape off.

I primed the entire leg at once because it was just easier to do that. I then took the parts of the leg that were going to be painted different colors apart.
Old 2008-04-10, 12:12   Link #6755
Mister Mister
Redshirt

Actually, I have an idea for a project you could do, GameraBaenre. not a request or antyhing, but I was kinda wondering if it's at all possible to kitbash a Core Fighter system into a ver. One Year War Gundam. the OYW is one of the most flexible MGs i've seen so far, especially with the shoulder assembly, and I thought it was a pity it has no core fighter. It's not a request or a commission or anything, just an idea I thought you might like to chew on. hell, maybe somebody already did it.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:30   Link #6756
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Actually, I have an idea for a project you could do, GameraBaenre. not a request or antyhing, but I was kinda wondering if it's at all possible to kitbash a Core Fighter system into a ver. One Year War Gundam. the OYW is one of the most flexible MGs i've seen so far, especially with the shoulder assembly, and I thought it was a pity it has no core fighter. It's not a request or a commission or anything, just an idea I thought you might like to chew on. hell, maybe somebody already did it.
I think there's a MG RX-78 Ver 2.0 in the works... at least there was rumor that they would release one this year... and supposedly it would incorporate a core fighter. Plus, I'm not good enough to do that kind of a mod
Old 2008-04-10, 13:27   Link #6757
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

hey Gamera, I don't see you playing with any conversion kit on ur website, have you considered playing with conversion kit? And just a question, how much was that conmission Kampfer??
Old 2008-04-10, 13:36   Link #6758
GameraBaenre

Quote:
hey Gamera, I don't see you playing with any conversion kit on ur website, have you considered playing with conversion kit?
Really? Here are progress pages for conversions I've worked on, and the only one not completed so far is the Hi Nu from Vicious project.
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/hi_nu_conv_prog.htm <-- Hi Nu Conversion for MG Hi Nu from Vicious Project
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/cw_sazabi_prog.htm <-- Core works sazabi conversion for MG Sazabi
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/hazel_prog.htm <-- Bawoo's 1/100 Hazel Conversion
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/pgmprog.htm <-- Ako Hobby PGM Conversion
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/hinuconversion.htm <-- b-club Hi Nu Conversion for MG Nu
Quote:
And just a question, how much was that conmission Kampfer??
$600.
Old 2008-04-11, 05:35   Link #6759
GNinjaK

Hello, I'm new but I was wondering if anyone has had problems with MG Cross bone Gundam Full cloth? Besides the little skull and cross bone piece. I have 2 Full Cloths one had a really bad accident the forearms were not staying in place decided to use super glue and it made the joints stick they moved but after a few hours they harded tried moving the arms and they snapped I've built tons of MGs but I've never had to get a replacement before >_< ...The other kit just feels funny, pieces aren't connecting like the tiny piece (don't know what its called) that connects the foot to the leg. Pieces of the full cloth aren't connecting, and I was sort of lucky since I already had the 1st broken one but the kit was missing one of the foot guards. Did I just get bad luck with my cross bones or are they all the same?
GNinjaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 08:57   Link #6760
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNinjaK View Post
Hello, I'm new but I was wondering if anyone has had problems with MG Cross bone Gundam Full cloth? Besides the little skull and cross bone piece. I have 2 Full Cloths one had a really bad accident the forearms were not staying in place decided to use super glue and it made the joints stick they moved but after a few hours they harded tried moving the arms and they snapped I've built tons of MGs but I've never had to get a replacement before >_< ...The other kit just feels funny, pieces aren't connecting like the tiny piece (don't know what its called) that connects the foot to the leg. Pieces of the full cloth aren't connecting, and I was sort of lucky since I already had the 1st broken one but the kit was missing one of the foot guards. Did I just get bad luck with my cross bones or are they all the same?
When trying to fix a loose joint, NEVER EVER use glue of any kind. The best thing to do is to put a dab of paint on the male section of the loose part, connect the joints, let it dry a little, and try moving it. This'll fix your problem most of the time.

As for your Crossbone bad luck, is your second one an authentic Bandai kit? Crossbone is a relatively new kit, and therefore shouldn't have any problems, especially with the snapping part. I don't own one, so I can't be sure.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy