AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 12:38   Link #4101
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Your reasons are logical.

From my perspective, I think it is natural for anyone to assume that people would not want to get possessed by a spirit. Although off topic, I think Athena's case is the same.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:19   Link #4102
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Haha! Well, sorry, but I like complicating, and dragging things out... making it more confusing and such. It's fun!

All I wanted to say during all these posts was what I said in the post before this one. Perhaps sleep cleared my senses?

Plus, to me details are more important than the main picture.. more times that I'd like. Hehe...
If you get confused by my posts again, try thinking like I do.. (if you care lol). That's like...

Ummm... cut a segment out of the big picture and analyze it a trillion times. Find something interesting about it and make a 10 page discussion about how pointless it is. <3

No wait.. I don't think that's right. Damn, I don't understand myself. Hahaha, jeez!

Anyway, still no spoilers. :/
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:22   Link #4103
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Bleh. This last chapter felt like typical shounen drivel, to be honest. And Hayate's stupidity is really starting to get to me (did he really forget that Athena didn't have parents around when he met with her?). Hayate's stupidity used to be ok before, but now Hata's using it as a plot device to try to push the story along.

Losing interest in this series fast, better do something Hata. Namely, get Hayate to use his freaking super move.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 13:30   Link #4104
Rah

You and leo both, eh?

What exactly are you referring to with "Hayate's stupidity"? He's not in control of the current situation, and I seriously doubt that even his super move can do anything to Midas. Plus, he's in no condition to do anything like that.

Isumin' & Athena have the strongest offensive powers, like Used Can said. I think he needs to snap her out of his control (probably an overused move, but the typical confession might work to bring her back, or just temporarily bring her to her senses, so they may escape, or something else..), or use the gem to bargain with him (threatening to break it, trade for the life of Isumin', if it comes to that, etc..), and not use force, because it clearly won't work.

If that was Isumin's ultimate attack (against 1 arm at that), then they've seriously lost...
Old 2009-10-29, 13:32   Link #4105
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Rah, your point of view is logical, but I think mine is also acceptable.

Who can blame Hayate...He is the 1000 master of causing misunderstandings (Maria and Ayumu are on my side).

Haha...for force, it would be unexpected if Hayate somehow comes up to Athena forcing a hug on her really really tight, and she can't let go. That's some force for ya.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-29 at 13:47.
Old 2009-10-29, 13:45   Link #4106
Rah

Nooooooo! Don't be nice to me! I can't take it.... ugh..... reverse psychology! *paranoia levels drastically increase to dangerous levels*

THE AIR IS MY ENEMY! BREATHING IS AN EVIL PROCESS! THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE IS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME! IT WANTS TO POSSESS ME! NOOOOO!!!

Okay, now I seriously want to see how it turns out.

Was that Isumin's ultimate attack? Is Midas truly unstoppable? Will there be another interruption? Can Hayate bring Athena back to her senses before the situation goes from bad to worse? What is Midas's goal? Will he return to the RG while still possessing Athena? Is it finally time for Maria to become more involved with the main plot (her past)? How will Nagi and Ayumu react to the news that Hayate loves someone else?

... Oh, Damn. I'm overloading it!

*kkkzzzttttttt* Buffer overflow.. Error! Error! System Failure! *BSOD*
Old 2009-10-29, 14:09   Link #4107
zodanhko
*ignoring*

All Hail Lelouch???!!!

What is the relationship between Maria and Athena? What will Maria's reaction to the news of Hayate confession (for some reasons, I want to know)? What are Miki, Izumi, Isumi's reaction? Where is Himegami and what is his objective? What is Mikado's objective? Why does Athena want to go to RG? Was Lelouch dead? What will happen to mankind in 2012? Why am I typing this?

Spoiler for the end:
Old 2009-10-29, 14:15   Link #4108
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Hayate's stupidity is really starting to get to me (did he really forget that Athena didn't have parents around when he met with her?). Hayate's stupidity used to be ok before, but now Hata's using it as a plot device to try to push the story along.
THIS

More than that, Machina just told him all what Athena had gone through. Yet, I seems Hayate didn't listen to a word he said.

This is why I hate plot induced stupidity.
Old 2009-10-29, 15:07   Link #4109
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
All Hail Lelouch???!!!
ALL HAIL RURUSHU! (not referring to myself - avatar, but the real Lelouch)

Quote:
What is the relationship between Maria and Athena?
All I can say is that Maria looked well off with a suspicious straw hat (like Nagi's) in the EoTW arc. Who was taking care of her? Mikado or someone like Klaus?

The whole abandoned part is suspicious. Especially after Hata said that she'll play an important role in the future. She's probably strongly tied to the events from the past, or it wont have much impact otherwise. Well, at least IMO...

Quote:
What will Maria's reaction to the news of Hayate confession (for some reasons, I want to know)?
I think she's prepared for something like that, or at least expecting it. I wonder if she'll be consoling Nagi, or something (all depends on the situation, and the unfolding of events). For example, Nagi learns about it from a 3rd party (not directly from Hayate), and she believes them (doesn't go in denial - No! Hayate loves me! He promised! etc...). She might just act strong around those people, but then cry alone. Maria might give her a hug here. ^_^

Well, I could come up with another scenario, but.... naaah...

Quote:
What are Miki, Izumi, Isumi's reaction?
Miki would instantly tie the strings together, and understand why Hina was (perhaps still is) depressed. And I think she might be happy, because she might get a chance (probably not in this manga, but just sayin' anyway... )

Isumin' doesn't really care I think. She'd just feel bad for Nagi.

And Izumi still hasn't sorted out her feelings, and is in denial that the boy from the past was Hayate. Perhaps, with enough information given (like when it happened, the location, etc..), she could put it together, and admit that it was him.

Then... hmm... well...

Did Hata honestly plan on doing anything with her? I think he's using the highest ranked people the most. He said it himself that he didn't expect Hinagiku to become that popular. Based on that it's my opinion that he added that Izumi kiss scene in the EoTW & Izumi arc before it. Well, for whatever reasons he did it, it doesn't matter now. Now she's a potential candidate for drama. She might be happy for him, feel sorry for her friends, or feel sad as well for her loss.. that she didn't figure it out sooner that he was the boy from the past / sorted her feelings / be more serious about it....

Quote:
Where is Himegami and what is his objective?
Depends who he really is. I put out my theory that he's Hayate's brother, and if we tie that together with the flashback of Wataru's mom with someone that looks remarkably similar to Hayate (either his brother looks very much alike him - Nagi said that her parents looked like him, or Hayate time traveled in the end to end up with Ykuariko...), then I guess that his objective has to do something with Yukariko's death. Same as Mikado's...

Quote:
Why does Athena want to go to RG?
This is the interesting part, isn't it? Both Athena and Midas want to return to the RG. Do they have separate reasons, or are they in a sorts of agreement? Hmm...

We don't have enough information.

Quote:
Was Lelouch dead?
He's alive! ;_;

Code Geass R3!!! ;_____;

Quote:
What will happen to mankind in 2012?
Probably nothing. I wonder if the movie 2012 will be any good, though. xD

Quote:
Why am I typing this?
Because it's fun, and you're expecting my reply, or the reply of someone else. Admit it! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
THIS

More than that, Machina just told him all what Athena had gone through. Yet, I seems Hayate didn't listen to a word he said.

This is why I hate plot induced stupidity.
Naw. Hayate understands that it was mostly his fault, and wants to fix things. Even if they'll go through some suffering at start, the ending just might be a happy one.

I call polygamy!
Old 2009-10-29, 15:45   Link #4110
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Hayate understands that it was mostly his fault
No, it wasn't, and that's the problem here. Athena's problems seem to go beyond just Hayate. Machina explained her problems quite clearly, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's not all there is to it, taking into account what Mikado said about the punishment she had to deal with.
Old 2009-10-29, 16:21   Link #4111
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm calling it now...Athena's "great depression" that caused Midas' spirit to take over was not Hayate's fault. Therefore, she likely already had his spirit in her while they were both in the Royal Garden and his appearance during their fight was because he already had control over Athena.

I honestly would love to see everyone's reactions to hearing that Hayate confessed to Athena. Nagi and Maria would be shocked, Ayumu will probably faint and everyone will be curious as to why Hina doesn't seem to be surprised, even though she may not be feeling so well after. Izumi remains a point of interest, she probably will be happy for him and be surprised by how much everyone else seems to care about it (after all, nobody in the Love M.C. Escher Shape knows everyone else in it, so everyone will be surprised at some point.

Risa is the one I'm interested in. During the Segawa Arc she mentioned that she felt bad for Izumi liking Hayate because it would be unrequited...believing that he had already fallen for her. Miki for course knew she was being an idiot, but the question remains as to whether she was just saying things or if she also had an interest in Hayate. After all, the student council trio have multiple times claimed to be in a relationship with him...it's too bad that Risa isn't very popular or we might actually get an answer.

Well...it doesn't do us anymore good to speculate on this fight. We definitely need some more details before we can say how anything will turn out, but for the record I'm hoping that it won't be completely cheesy or anticlimactic.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 16:28   Link #4112
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No, it wasn't, and that's the problem here. Athena's problems seem to go beyond just Hayate. Machina explained her problems quite clearly, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's not all there is to it, taking into account what Mikado said about the punishment she had to deal with.
Kay, firstly I already said that, recently too (yer probably too lazy to read that, or don't remember, huh?).

Pg 205.

Quote:
It's true that Hayate caused her suffering, but I think she's hurt from a greater, older pain.
Hayate could at least try to mend to some extent the pain he caused her. Apologizing, and confessing his love again would help. Even if just a little. They can focus on her main problem after that.

I think that punishment thing is just a metaphor, and it's not literally from "God". Hmm.. I wonder..

Well, perhaps they desired money & power, and lost what was most precious to them as a consequence. Athena's parents, Mikado's daughter...

Who granted their wishes? Did they become rich because of the RG, or did Mikado build his own fortune? This theory is already crumbling...

Perhaps it really was from god? Man, not enough info, and still no spoilers. Heh, I'm complaining.. that's unusual.. guess it's about time for the world to end. Hehe..

@Teleutao

Yeah. I believe that she was suffering from the start, like you said, but she was doing a good job at suppressing the pain, allowing no openings (not that she knew, or did she? - she did know something about the coffin...). It was Hayate then that broke her last wall. Midas saw a crack, and slipped in (the part where the coffin trembles, and he forms around her, and only Hayate sees him).

-

Oh, and Risa is just an ornament for the moment. Both Izumi and Miki had more development than her. Sure, she had her own mini arc with the grandpa with Alzheimer's (lol), and the huge crocodile, but besides that..

What's her selling point - her charm? Jumping to conclusions?

Izumi's are probably being silly and innocent, always optimistic, likes to get picked on... lol

Miki's are being a schemer (sort of), liking Hina, and being really intuitive...

I wonder if she'll get to play a more active role soon.

Last edited by Rah; 2009-10-29 at 16:40.
Old 2009-10-29, 16:39   Link #4113
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

wat!? nothing yet? orz
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 20:10   Link #4114
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Depends who he really is. I put out my theory that he's Hayate's brother, and if we tie that together with the flashback of Wataru's mom with someone that looks remarkably similar to Hayate (either his brother looks very much alike him - Nagi said that her parents looked like him, or Hayate time traveled in the end to end up with Ykuariko...), then I guess that his objective has to do something with Yukariko's death. Same as Mikado's...

Spoiler for Farfetch'd:
Old 2009-10-29, 20:32   Link #4115
Used Can

Quote:
Kay, firstly I already said that, recently too (yer probably too lazy to read that, or don't remember, huh?).

Pg 205.
I wasn't really following the discussion, sorry. Additionally, I don't see why you argued against my previous point, if you agreed.

Quote:
Hayate could at least try to mend to some extent the pain he caused her. Apologizing, and confessing his love again would help. Even if just a little. They can focus on her main problem after that.
I agree, but that's too corny, I'd like something manlier, but all the same, I may be expecting too much, as this is not that type of manga.

Quote:
I think that punishment thing is just a metaphor, and it's not literally from "God". Hmm.. I wonder..
Who knows? But it'd be boring if it was just a metaphor, in my opinion. But, all the same, that may be too much drama for this story.

Quote:
Well, perhaps they desired money & power, and lost what was most precious to them as a consequence. Athena's parents, Mikado's daughter...
Maybe, or perhaps the reason why they wanted power was to bring those people back. So far, we really don't know.

Quote:
Who granted their wishes? Did they become rich because of the RG, or did Mikado build his own fortune? This theory is already crumbling...
That's possible. Maybe it was a witch, after all.

Quote:
Perhaps it really was from god? Man, not enough info, and still no spoilers. Heh, I'm complaining.. that's unusual.. guess it's about time for the world to end. Hehe..
I bet Wakamoto is god. Hayate has always been able to speak with him because he's actually his son. That's why he was able to enter the RG without a stone.
Old 2009-10-29, 20:46   Link #4116
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Yeah. I believe that she was suffering from the start, like you said, but she was doing a good job at suppressing the pain, allowing no openings (not that she knew, or did she? - she did know something about the coffin...). It was Hayate then that broke her last wall. Midas saw a crack, and slipped in (the part where the coffin trembles, and he forms around her, and only Hayate sees him).
Who are you and what did you do to Rah? This is insanity, for the real Rah to have the same thoughts as me.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-10-29 at 20:56.
Old 2009-10-30, 00:25   Link #4117
Koroshiya_Kame_13

No spoilers yet, hope it'll come out later today. What a disappointment. Now I just take it as granted that spoilers comes out on Fridays.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 00:29   Link #4118
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

I think Midas already in Athena when Hayate first met her
Old 2009-10-30, 00:45   Link #4119
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 00:48   Link #4120
Wolfnagi