AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-18, 08:12   Link #7001
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
and how bout the total sales of the anime?
first season had average sales,it didnt do bad or great, probably one of the reasosn this season inst that high budgegted as season 1 was.
Old 2010-12-18, 09:07   Link #7002
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Since when is Index divine?
Since Stiyl was running away from her he said so .
Old 2010-12-18, 09:57   Link #7003
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Since Stiyl was running away from her he said so .
Yeah, but what's his basis? Unless he means majin, then yeah.
Old 2010-12-18, 10:12   Link #7004
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
first season had average sales,it didnt do bad or great, probably one of the reasosn this season inst that high budgegted as season 1 was.
But railgun did good , with good animation. This season has shown spectacular animation until this arc. They just,hopefully, will spend it well on the good parts.
Old 2010-12-18, 10:56   Link #7005
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
But railgun did good , with good animation. This season has shown spectacular animation until this arc. They just,hopefully, will spend it well on the good parts.
yea,but still index S1>railgun animation wise, in story its about tastes, probably railgun 2 will get a better budget since it was such a hit, after all only girls protagonist is what japanese buys.
Old 2010-12-18, 12:34   Link #7006
giorno

Quote:
exactly, it wouldn't work at all. The whole series is 90% based on him. The story plot says its based on him.
The story has been based 90% on him so far

but at this point, it could very well work even without 'Kamijou Touma'. Seriously, at this point the stage is pretty much set for one final magic vs aleister arc, the characters are there, including 2-3 characters who could take Touma's place as the main and still work just fine

I'm not saying it should happen, i'm saying it could happen and it would still work
Old 2010-12-18, 13:35   Link #7007
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
The story has been based 90% on him so far

but at this point, it could very well work even without 'Kamijou Touma'. Seriously, at this point the stage is pretty much set for one final magic vs aleister arc, the characters are there, including 2-3 characters who could take Touma's place as the main and still work just fine

I'm not saying it should happen, i'm saying it could happen and it would still work
oddly, while showering, i came to an idea that toumas entity can't allow him to die. Im just considering all the times he should've died.

1)When the feather touched him( since kaori said if it touches you, you are finished.

2)Deep blood arc when his arm was cut and all the blades missed him. People say izzard was missing because his thoughts were out of order. I don't buy it.

3) When misaka went crazy to save her clones and struck touma with alota lightning. She said he had a verrry high chance of dying.

4) This ones a maybe but when accel sent touma flying far and touma landed hard on the ground with blood everywhere.

5)V.11 with the fight against the bishop and the bishop assumed him dead because he was crushed. (they never explained how he survived)

6)V.16 , Thanks BTW Teh-Ping, doctor said
Quote:
“That should be considered a miracle…the worst case scenario would be if his brain is unable to cause the oxygen to flow well due to him being underwater for so long…that was really dangerous. Fortunately, there wasn’t too much damage involving this.”
After aqua beat his shit.

7)V.22 incident. Gotta wait and see.
Old 2010-12-18, 13:52   Link #7008
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
oddly, while showering, i came to an idea that toumas entity can't allow him to die. Im just considering all the times he should've died.

1)When the feather touched him( since kaori said if it touches you, you are finished.

2)Deep blood arc when his arm was cut and all the blades missed him. People say izzard was missing because his thoughts were out of order. I don't buy it.

3) When misaka went crazy to save her clones and struck touma with alota lightning. She said he had a verrry high chance of dying.

4) This ones a maybe but when accel sent touma flying far and touma landed hard on the ground with blood everywhere.

5)V.11 with the fight against the bishop and the bishop assumed him dead because he was crushed. (they never explained how he survived)

6)V.16 , Thanks BTW Teh-Ping, doctor said After aqua beat his shit.

It should be pretty obvious that IB aside, Touma is far more durable than the average human....look at how he miraculously survives Academy bombers pounding his location in Avignion.
Old 2010-12-18, 13:55   Link #7009
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
It should be pretty obvious that IB aside, Touma is far more durable than the average human....look at how he miraculously survives Academy bombers pounding his location in Avignion.
all these things are something that should, and will kill anyone one that has no magic.
Old 2010-12-18, 13:57   Link #7010
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
all these things are something that should, and will kill anyone one that has no magic.
more importantly, they don't fall into IB's nullification category. Some of them anyway.
Old 2010-12-18, 14:04   Link #7011
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
more importantly, they don't fall into IB's nullification category. Some of them anyway.
Ya. Or they were attacks he couldn't touch. Like aqua was brute strength. Fukin Arnold.

5)V.11 with the fight against the bishop and the bishop assumed him dead because he was crushed. (they never explained how he survived) http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ex_v11_284.jpg

6)V.16 , Thanks BTW Teh-Ping, doctor said After aqua beat his shit.

Old 2010-12-18, 15:50   Link #7012
Liquidzero

Heaven Canceler

So I'm reading the newly translated parts of volume 16 (thanks!). Anyway, considering Itsuwa's efforts it couldn't help but cause me to think about Heaven Canceler and the fact that Touma's always getting hospitalized. One possible explanation is that he's just merely a REAAAAALLLY great doctor. But I just can't help shake off the fact that the level of Touma's injuries (while arguable) typically tend to be above average which possibly require the use of something above "standard" medical care.

So considering the name, could it be that Heaven Canceler has the ability to negate the divine nature of the Imagine Breaker?
Old 2010-12-18, 15:54   Link #7013
outerelf

You know, in Volume 16, Acqua is trying to cut off Touma's right hand. But in volume 22, when it is cut off, that power comes out. I wonder how acqua would feel to know that even if he had managed to cut off the arm, it wouldn't of worked. XD
Old 2010-12-18, 16:09   Link #7014
Miraluka
Banned

If Acqua would tried to cut off Touma's arm the moment he manages to do so, Acqua will end with shit in his pants.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:19   Link #7015
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If Acqua would tried to cut off Touma's arm the moment he manages to do so, Acqua will end with shit in his pants.
He'd be the one thrown.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:04   Link #7016
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post
So I'm reading the newly translated parts of volume 16 (thanks!). Anyway, considering Itsuwa's efforts it couldn't help but cause me to think about Heaven Canceler and the fact that Touma's always getting hospitalized. One possible explanation is that he's just merely a REAAAAALLLY great doctor. But I just can't help shake off the fact that the level of Touma's injuries (while arguable) typically tend to be above average which possibly require the use of something above "standard" medical care.

So considering the name, could it be that Heaven Canceler has the ability to negate the divine nature of the Imagine Breaker?
heaven canceller is probably just protecting some secrets, just as he stops touma from getting treatment outside academy city, he also treats everyone harmed with magic so he can keep the existence of magic not known in AC.

Quote:
i think is more amazing the black cat that after misaka doing that high AOE attack it was unharmed, at that scene i was expecting the cat in norio wakamoto's voice to say: im KAMIJOU.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:26   Link #7017
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post

You know...the fact that he was the one who stuck Crowley in a tube in the 1940s when he supposedly died.....

Yeah, that level of tech wizardry he possesses certainly screams he's not just a mere doctor...
Old 2010-12-18, 21:42   Link #7018
Flere821
Lurker

And just adding something, Heaven Canceller's skills are so 'crazy' not even the Academy City Board of Directors allow his methods to be practised due to how risky it is, if they know how he operates. Unless you have Dr.Gekota's skills the chances of you killing the patient is almost guaranteed using the same methods (ref Vol5 epilogue).
Old 2010-12-18, 21:47   Link #7019
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And just adding something, Heaven Canceller's skills are so 'crazy' not even the Academy City Board of Directors allow his methods to be practised due to how risky it is, if they know how he operates. Unless you have Dr.Gekota's skills the chances of you killing the patient is almost guaranteed using the same methods (ref Vol5 epilogue).
The very same Dr. Gekota saying to Accelerator that he has seen more darkness than Accelerator did is also something to note of.

... I guess his skills is so great he scares himself, but this is just a joke in my opinion.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-18, 21:49   Link #7020
Miraluka
Banned

To add more, the machines which Aleister relies to keep himself alive are using his own magic energy as source of power. Is that possible? What in the world is that doctor?
I really want to know how was the Aleister of the past before his defeat and how he met Heaven Canceler and the starting the construction of Academy City.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen