AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-02-21, 00:12   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 934 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler summary is out! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "Hyougoro the Flower". Splash page features Usopp.

-The chapter begins with an update on the rest of Big Mom's family! Their ship is still sailing around Wano's waters, and they discuss their plans to save their mother. According to Perospero, they know she's alive and well since her vivre card is intact, but assumes that may have been captured by Kaidou. Mont d'Or is worried, as although their mom and Kaidou were crewmates in the past, the latter may seriously try to kill Linlin. Peros pretty much decides to cut their losses and have the crew renamed to the Perospero Pirates, heh. He and Daifuku then squabble over who should take over as captain before Smoothie intervenes, who's confident that Big Mom will return.

-Meanwhile, at Kuri's outskirts, Tama is talking to her master Tengu with a mini den den mushi. She told him about Big Mom (who now sports a new hairstyle), and although her master forbids her current actions, it's too late, as her group is now riding on a giant lizard (much like the one Jack was riding on earlier). Okiku then shows the group a map of the Wano country and its various provinces. Of particular note are the Flower Capital (which is at the center), Udon (southwest), Kuri (west), and Onigashima, which is at the very bottom of the map (so I guess south, then). While checking out the map, Momonosuke practices some sword-swinging yells that were taught to him by Zoro. However, Kiku warns him not to use those shouts again, as while the old Kuri dialect had a similar shout, they do not befit a young lord...

-We then cut to Nami's group, who escaped to the Ringo province. During their chat, Kanjurou mentions that 20 years ago, the yakuza in charge before Kyoushirou was someone known as "Hyougoro the Flower". Robin claims she found little information wealth of information at the shogun's estate (yet lists a vrapton of valuable info, heh), and Brooke mentions finding a Poneglyph at the castle. However, it wasn't the Road Poneglyph, which is most likely kept at Onigashima. Meanwhile, the capital's townsfolk are mourning the death of Komurasaki.... including Sanji, who's in the nearby village of Ebisu. On the other hand, Law discovers another shocking piece of news in the papers: Eustass Kid has busted out of prison!!! However, Luffy has not.....

-We then return focus to the prison mine, where Luffy is being threatened by a guard who's an alpaca-type SMILE user. The guard says that while Kid managed to escape, he still had on the sea stone cuffs, so it's only a matter of time until he's caught and punished. He then warns Luffy and the other prisoners that any further resistance will result in their arms and legs getting chopped off. Luffy then notices that the old man he helped a while back is being bullied by another guard, a scorpion-type SMILE user. In his panic, the old man wolfs down the kibidango Luffy gave him, which the guard notices. When the guard interrogates him further, the old timer refuses to yield to him, and says meeting the rubber man made him remember the old days. As it turns out, the old man is the former yakuza boss, Hyougoro the Flower!!! Before the guard has a chance to punish Hyougoro further, Luffy comes to the old guy's aid once more, despite still being in cuffs.....

-At the end of the chapter, a surprise visitor appears at the mine: Queen of Kaidou's Disasters.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-02-22 at 02:09.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 01:24   Link #2
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Based on Queen's design, what would be an Ancient Zoan perfect for him?
Old 2019-02-21, 03:07   Link #3
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Based on Queen's design, what would be an Ancient Zoan perfect for him?
Ryuu Ryuu no Mi: Model Stegosaurus? I mean, with how his ponytail is separated, I could see the bumps turning into a stegosaurus' trademark plates.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 09:24   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so there is major significance to the old man then because he keeps being brought up?
Old 2019-02-21, 11:11   Link #5
marvelB

Alrighty, updated with more info + pics! The return of Big Mom's kids, a little background info on the yakuza boss, and the reveal that Kid somehow busted out of prison before Luffy did! Kind of amazing how much info is packed into what's supposed to be a 15-page chapter....

Also, as far as Queen's ability goes, while I definitely see him being an Ancient Zoan, he doesn't necessarily have to be a dinosaur. Jack is a woolly mammoth, so for all we know, Queen could be a saber-toothed cat or trilobite Zoan (I'm actually kinda hoping he's the latter, myself! ).
Old 2019-02-21, 12:45   Link #6
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

The question is, how much allies that Luffy can get when he was in prison?

If we recall the impel down, Luffy's valuable allies is Ivankov, Inazuma, and the Okama Land residence. I getting rid of Buggy and prisoners since they are "useless" or not play much part than the Revolutionary Officers.

I wonder if Marines can dispatch more than 10 Battleships for this? If this was bigger than Marineford, Marines should have sent around 30-40 warships.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-21, 15:37   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's finally confirmed that Big Mom and Kaidou were crewmates. Part of the Rock pirates, obviously.

Surprised Kid managed to break out of prison before Luffy, especially when Luffy was supposed to have Raizou helping him.
Old 2019-02-22, 02:17   Link #8
marvelB

Okay, made one final edit to the summary. So, it turns out that the old prisoner is the former yakuza boss of Wano! I figured he'd be important in some way. Also, loved Sanji constantly bringing up the women's bath, heh. Anyway, Kid managed to bust out of prison despite still wearing those sea stone cuffs, so he probably didn't get too far. I wonder if he'll come back to take on Queen? I know it's more likely that Luffy will take him on, but he might need a bit of help if he still can't get those cuffs off....
Old 2019-02-22, 02:26   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hot spring chapter next... woohoo

Kaido and Big Mom are part of same crew... wow! which one!
and it's funny to see that her children already planned to replace her

that Queen guy.. it must be another twist where he/she become a beautiful woman when he/she used his/her power
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 04:01   Link #10
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

If Kaido and Big Mom are part of one crew, who is the captain then? Must be in someone that was capable of "contain" their destructive behavior at the past. I think it was the pirate that Garp is aware of, but we need to know the Captain of that pirate.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 12:01   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A comedic chapter overall (loved the Robin scene), with some interesting info dumped here and there.
Old 2019-02-22, 15:07   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wait... so is Komurasaki really dead?
Old 2019-02-22, 19:50   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
wait... so is Komurasaki really dead?
Of course not. It's fake news!
Old 2019-02-24, 08:54   Link #14
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Ryuu Ryuu no Mi: Model Stegosaurus? I mean, with how his ponytail is separated, I could see the bumps turning into a stegosaurus' trademark plates.
I don't think it will be a dinosaur typhus after all King and Jack are not.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-27, 04:14   Link #15
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
I don't think it will be a dinosaur typhus after all King and Jack are not.
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Ryu...el:_Pteranodon Don’t know what Discovery special you’re watching that said that a Pteranodon is not a dinosaur but uh....golden rule bud, get your facts straight, THEN, distort them at your leisure.
Old 2019-02-27, 06:22   Link #16
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Ryu...el:_Pteranodon Don’t know what Discovery special you’re watching that said that a Pteranodon is not a dinosaur but uh....golden rule bud, get your facts straight, THEN, distort them at your leisure.
? Maybe I do a mistake here but I pretty sure I said: "Jack and King are not a dinosaur model" in other words that is why I think Queen not will be a dinosaur model.

Last edited by TURI123456; 2019-02-27 at 06:35.
Old 2019-02-27, 12:17   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
? Maybe I do a mistake here but I pretty sure I said: "Jack and King are not a dinosaur model" in other words that is why I think Queen not will be a dinosaur model.
But as he's pointed out, King IS a dinosaur zoan.
Old 2019-02-28, 14:22   Link #18
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I could see that as likely. Of course there’s the unlikely chance that it might be Model Ankylosaurus. Just saying.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 07:33   Link #19
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
But as he's pointed out, King IS a dinosaur zoan.
I don't talk about One Piece world and I don't know about him but in our world, the Pteranodon defined as a Pterosaur so is not a dinosaur (it maybe change in the future but still I believe my point is still clear) so King is not a dinosaur Zoan.