AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-28, 20:01   Link #1381
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
Is there any way I can keep my previous Ep.4 data (ver.3) even after I install ver.4?
Actually, no. Sorry, but save files from earlier versions are not compatible with the new patch.
However, you can unlock the chapter select function by unlocking EP4, which should lower the amount of text you have to skip.

Fortunately, this should be the last time save files get crushed in our patches, at least for the question arcs (the original game had similar problems).

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 22:11   Link #1382
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

I had a bit of an issue with the Mac version of the new EP 4 patch. I assume that, once I put the [WH] Umineko English folder in the RAR file into the Umineko4 folder, that I only had to double-click on Onscripter to run the game, right? When I tried to do that, Onscripter would try to open (I'd see it briefly appear in the dock), but then it'd immediately disappear and wouldn't open the game. On a hunch, I downloaded the Onscripter in chronotrig's post a while back (quoted below), and copied the Onscripter-En into the folder; the game worked when I opened it with this Onscripter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
There is a Mac version for onscripter, which you can get from here.
This actually fixes a sound bug that is in the Windows version and has all of the game effects added, so it's just about the best build out there.
Was I just doing something wrong, or has this happened for all the Mac users?
Old 2009-03-28, 23:10   Link #1383
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Mikachiru, are those unintentional spoilers?
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 00:00   Link #1384
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Mikachiru, are those unintentional spoilers?
I think so...Sorry.
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 00:11   Link #1385
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I had a similar problem such as you are having. Note: I'm not sure if this will work if you use Vista, but if you have XP like I do then it should be fine:

Spoiler for How to::
orz Thank you!! This helped me alot. But I still get an error about the music files/language (below). I saw the guide but that's for XP.... so?

Spoiler for error:

OTL Sorry, any help?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 00:15   Link #1386
chronotrig

Shadow Miko, try refreshing the webpage and redownloading the link to the patch. There was a small problem with our error checker in the first version, but it's fixed now.

Also, if you haven't set your computer to Japanese local or use applocale, you won't be able run the patch.

Old 2009-03-29, 01:08   Link #1387
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Okay, I'll try that. I can change the settings in the control panel and such the same way though right in Vista?

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 02:24   Link #1388
777chris777

@shadow miko

Assuming you mean "can I change the locale in vista", yes you can in ultimate edition but I'm not certain of the other, more commonly used versions. Following from one of my old posts, this guide is for xp, but the process in vista is similar (Unfortunately I cannot show a vista guide as I reverted my only vista computer to xp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777chris777 View Post
Assuming you have windows xp, what's shown in the image under the spoiler, is how to set locale to japanese properly:

Spoiler for hidden image guide - not sure how to thumbnail XD:

Assuming you have the east asian language pack installed, and follow the steps in the picture, it really should work :@
I'm not sure what the language capabilities of vista are (for versions other than ultimate) so hopefully you can do something similar.

In vista, you dont have the whole uh... bunch of buttons in step 3, but yeah, hopefully you can figure it out as the first 2 and last 2 steps are similar.

When the settings are in place, assuming you can do it with vista, you should be able to install the game, and hopefully run it correctly as intended. :S

Also after all that ramble (hopefully it made sense), if you meant something else, I'm sorry, but I couldn't interpret what you said differently.
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 13:23   Link #1389
Lothies

First of all, good work with hunt! i really enjoyed this patch!

But there's one thing i think you must add in the grimoire for non-english readers:

What's a kakera? by context i sorted out they were like "fragments" or something like that.

I tried searching the word on the internet but that confused me even more.
Lothies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 13:29   Link #1390
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The kakera is explained both in the in-game notes of episode 1, and in the grimoire document for episode 1.
Old 2009-03-29, 14:57   Link #1391
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Sorry to trouble you guys. I think you folks deserve a huge Thank You for the all the great accomplishment up till now, and in my opinion you guys did a great job so far (I've only played a few hours with Umineko). However something started to bug me while I was playing, and I didnt found any solution whatsoever on that.
I'm not sure if someone else already asked that (I've started to read through all 73 pages, but eventually gave up), but is there any way to turn down or mute the music in the game?

The thing is Violin is really not my type and while I understand it is really effective in creeping me out in the scary scenes, I cannot bear it really during the peaceful dialogs etc. The other thing is that my interest used to fluctuate whatever I play/watch whereas I used to leave the game for a while and browse something else in the meantime, however Umineko's loud Violin music just keeps blaring out from my speakers, and I kinda want to turn it down during these times. (It's a bit troublesome to save/exit/start program/load all the time).
I'm not saying the music is bad (it is actually quite good, makes excellent atmosphere), it's just I'd like to turn it down sometimes, but I haven't found any options to do so.
Thanks in advance, keep up the good work (hats off to you guys)

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-03-29 at 17:10. Reason: typos
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 15:30   Link #1392
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Random question.

When words are typed like thi~s or thi-s (can't think of an example off the top of my head, but I think Beato uses it a lot), how should we read them? Are they slurred, or emphasized, or something? Also, how d'you pronounce Lambdadelta and Krauss?
Old 2009-03-29, 15:44   Link #1393
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

In the case of Lambda-Delta, it's the same as in the greek letters (in case you have never encountered them which would surprise me given that they are used since junior high level physics and maths, Delta would be pronounced the same as in 'Delta airlines', the company. Lambda, the first part could be pronounced as in lamb, the da could be pronounced as the da in dandy.

As for Krauss, the Kra could be pronounced as in Kraft, the food company. Hmm... I can't think of a simil for a simil for the uss part.

as for the thi~s thingy, yeah, they are intended to be slurred.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 16:51   Link #1394
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
is there any way to turn down or mute the music in the game?
Nope, sorry.

Old 2009-03-29, 16:58   Link #1395
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Nope, sorry.
Thanks for the quick answer. Well it's a strange decision that they left out the option to do so.
Old 2009-03-29, 17:28   Link #1396
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Well, considering its called a Sound Novel, and it focuses on the music to set the mood, why would they want to put something to turn off music? :P
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:23   Link #1397
777chris777

I agree that during episode 1, the music for the rather long introduction of the characters started to piss me off a bit too, though it definitely improved so much later on that I wouldn't consider trying to play without it^^ Anyway, if you find it frustrating I recommend turning off your speakers (or headset or whatever) or adjusting the speakers to be quiter for the duration of the (rather long) scene, or until you feel like listening to it again^^

If you can't adjust the sound externally, then, try alt+tab (minimise hotkeys), adjust the sound, then maximise again :S
777chris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:19   Link #1398
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

As anyone said you just need to turn off the speakers or the windows volume control. Unless you want to listen to your own mp3 while playing... as a drastic system you could create a void .ogg file with no sound and then replace all of the existing .ogg with it (changing name files accordingly), but do you hate umineko's music to that extent?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:07   Link #1399
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As anyone said you just need to turn off the speakers or the windows volume control. Unless you want to listen to your own mp3 while playing... as a drastic system you could create a void .ogg file with no sound and then replace all of the existing .ogg with it (changing name files accordingly), but do you hate umineko's music to that extent?
I've thought of changing the name of the BGM folder, but decided against it, as I don't really want to mess with it that much, and maybe even risk a reinstall, replay.

Well no as I said, I don't hate it (actually I rather like it, it is completely needed to feel the creepy atmosphere), but whenever I'm alt tabbing or whatever I'm surfing on the internet in the meantime (it's usually rare when I'm entirely immersely focused on VNs, therefore I keep alttabing like every hour for a bit depends on my focus), however I'm a bit lazy to save quit, relaunch and reload 5 minutes later, just because I wanted to do something else which needs sound. That's why I was hoping if there might be somesort of hidden inbuilt volume setting implemented. It's not a big deal though, especially if the music really improves at the later parts so much that it keeps me entirely immersed.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:06   Link #1400
Lothies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The kakera is explained both in the in-game notes of episode 1, and in the grimoire document for episode 1.
Really? Damn, my friends and me missed it then x_x, sorry for asking.
Lothies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation