AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-31, 12:20   Link #61
eLstar
(^_^)v

I just watched Episode 1 and I must say I'm quite intrigued by this original series. The concept is cool and I can't wait to watch more episodes. Thanks to whoever is subbing this because otherwise I wouldn't be able to get my mystery fix since DAQ and Detective Conan are not being subbed on a regular basis and all.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 02:11   Link #62
Mithel

Thumbs up

This series actually scared me, a first for an anime. Usually animated stuff doesn't really do anything, but this...

"Watshi no ningyou wa yoi ningyou"

わたしのにんぎょうはよいにんぎょう

私の人形は宵人形

*shudders*

P.S I love you, JWPce!
Mithel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 11:41   Link #63
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Ok call me dumb or whatnot, but the group doing the vhs subs are different from Seichi right? If so, is Seichi still doing the series or is Misc doing it now instead?

Sorry if the questions seem dumb.

Can you tell me this other group's website (not Seichi) or BT link? I just would like to know the differences. Thanks.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 12:54   Link #64
lamer_de

There is none. If you read the post where OA was mentioned, you'll see that it was a VHS group which ceased to exist.

http://web.archive.org/web/200101060...m/default.html

I got mine over ed2k:
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...and=0#eid_8969

You'll need to be registered at anidb to see the ed2k links.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-02-24, 08:24   Link #65
Ayatsuri_Sakon

Send a message via ICQ to Ayatsuri_Sakon Send a message via AIM to Ayatsuri_Sakon Send a message via Yahoo to Ayatsuri_Sakon
do any one now any site that got eps i want 2 see some eps
Ayatsuri_Sakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 10:27   Link #66
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatsuri_Sakon
do any one now any site that got eps i want 2 see some eps
There are some bittorrents for more Ayatsuri Sakon episodes, but I can't link to them here. (those sites have illegal content) I've seen up to episode 11 being posted.
Those episodes are not by Seichi though. (They're lower quality, I think)
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 17:56   Link #67
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

For crying out loud! What do you think AnimeSuki.com does? Just click on http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/304.html and you'll see that we've already listed links to this show. Those are all of the BitTorrents that are known to exist. AnimeSuki works hard to collect all known unlicensed anime fansub torrents into one place so that nobody should have to ever ask a question like this ever again. Please just look at our site the next time you want to find a torrent. If it isn't listed there, then nobody will tell you where to find it because it is licensed. It is just that simple.

[/rant]

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 20:18   Link #68
dee
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
There are some bittorrents for more Ayatsuri Sakon episodes, but I can't link to them here. (those sites have illegal content) I've seen up to episode 11 being posted.

I think he/she already mentioned it, but they're VHS rips of the Odyssey. Please read the previous posts.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 00:44   Link #69
H times H

Lightbulb

I saw this anime about 4 years ago. The comic is at least 10 years old. I made a comparison of the following mystery series back them in term of "scary level":

Conan - basically almost no scary moment (there are a few, though)

Kindaichi - some ~ quite a few scary moment (haven't seen the anime, but read some manga... not for weak stomach...)

Sakon - has more scary moment than Kindaichi

These three were about the only mystery animes back then...
By "scary moment" I don't really mean "scary", but "a bit sick"...

Some examples:

Conan - in one episode, a guy hid a cut-off head inside his shirt almost all the time, and swung it outside a house once to create a false impression to others...

Kindaichi - a unconscious person was put into a mummy coffin (forgot the correct term for it) which was full of pins, and the coffin was closed and the person was... (heard it from my brother...)

Sakon - what happened to the biker in the first ep and (if it hasn't happened yet in the subbed eps)
Spoiler:

i only saw the first two stories, which cover like 6 to 10 episodes i think (the first story (which most of you are watching right now) has about 4 to 6 eps? i forgot), and i remembered there are some gross moments in the second story too...

H times H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 12:43   Link #70
sothis

Quote:
the episodes you are speaking of were "done" by odyssey anime (labeled OA in the episodes), through episode 16. the quality is quite poor, bad vhs rips. anyways, it's much better to wait for the seichi ones anyways, since the quality is great and they are doing a good job ^_^. though i wasn't aware of torrents for them. doesn't matter, don't get them anyways. get the ones posted via animesuki for the seichi's.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 17:00   Link #71
dee
dee

As previously said, the group Odyssey Anime indeed subtitled 9-12 and the remaining member subbed 13-16 as Gnomish.

It is quite obvious that old VHS rips of shows such as Sakon, Hime-Chan's Ribbon and LoGH were done by old trad groups, Odyssey, Tomodachi and Central Anime.

Unfortunately, due to the degrading media of VHS and perhaps encoding errors, one can not enjoy the story or the excellent translations. However, you can try 3NA SASE distro: http://www.sempai.org/~asudem/distribution/
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 23:19   Link #72
Budweineken
Crap

I just saw up to episode 8, in fact I watched all 8 last night... I really like this series... I started watching it when it first came out, but I was put-off by the puppet... so I didnt watch anymore... but I'm glad that i decided to pick it up again... very good series...

I like how they just cut people's head and stuff... very graphic...

And I'm going to wait for seichi's releases... they always do a good job
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:38   Link #73
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
I just saw up to episode 8, in fact I watched all 8 last night... I really like this series... I started watching it when it first came out, but I was put-off by the puppet... so I didnt watch anymore... but I'm glad that i decided to pick it up again... very good series...

I like how they just cut people's head and stuff... very graphic...

And I'm going to wait for seichi's releases... they always do a good job
Dunno anything about this series. Which one is better, this Ayatsuri Sakon or Hyaku Monogatari???
Note: I really like dark story anime.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-03, 02:42   Link #74
Budweineken
Crap

Both are good... and both are dark... so go and watch both...

I have to say that Monogatari is the one I enjoyed the most... but it's probably because i already saw the whole series... but both of them are even in my books
Budweineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 00:03   Link #75
Sakuya
*Artist

That's weird. I just finished watching episode 26 and there is actually a preview at the end for a whole new story about a ghost. But I thought there were only 26 episodes? Where can I get episode 27? Please tell me if anyone wants screencaps of that preview.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-02-01 at 00:24.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 19:05   Link #76
Ningal
#1 Soba Girl!

Send a message via AIM to Ningal Send a message via MSN to Ningal Send a message via Yahoo to Ningal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
That's weird. I just finished watching episode 26 and there is actually a preview at the end for a whole new story about a ghost. But I thought there were only 26 episodes? Where can I get episode 27? Please tell me if anyone wants screencaps of that preview.
>_> Wow, a current response to this thread! Sorry, I can't answer your question about a 27th episode... Have you seen the anime version of Tactics? The final episode made like a preview for a second series, or at least implied that the storyline continues. (The manga continues, yes..) But there's no more episodes. I think that unless a series is really really popular, 26 episodes is all that's run, no matter if they preview more or not.

I was curious... where did you get all 26 episodes? I can only find the first 11, and they're downloading veeery sllooowwly because they're not being subbed anymore and the torrents are old!
Ningal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 19:24   Link #77
DryFire
Panda Herder

Perhaps he watched them in japanese w/o subs?

It doesn't seem uncommon for animes to pretend like they have more episodes towards the end. I think school rumble was a perfect example.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 20:22   Link #78
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I have the VHS-rips of 11-16 of Odyssey Anime. I can't upload it here, though, because it is in my other computer. Odyssey never finished subbing more than 16, and Seichi didn't finish subbing Ayatsuri Sakon. So those would have to do for now.

It's a great series. I like it.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:30   Link #79
Sakuya
*Artist

I got from 12 to 26 by buying Hong Kong VCDs in Hong Kong. They were pretty expensive and had the Cantonese dub for it. It was such a good dub! No English subs though.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 03:36   Link #80
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I got from 12 to 26 by buying Hong Kong VCDs in Hong Kong. They were pretty expensive and had the Cantonese dub for it. It was such a good dub! No English subs though.
Maybe you could sub it for us?

[Sakuya]Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri Sakon - 12 ... hahaha ...
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote