AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-24, 20:16   Link #81
Veldenz

I hardly ever eat fast food simply because it tastes pretty gross to me. I'm not really concerned with the health aspect of it because I just stay healthy regardless of what I eat (probably because I just naturally eat healthily, idk), but fast food is pretty awful. Chinese or Indian take-aways are fine, but McDonalds, Burger King and all those sort of restaurants are just horrid. I think it's just sad that so many people go to those places regularly though, there wouldn't be so many people with obesity problems if they just learnt to cook something simple and healthy for themselves, it really isn't that hard, they just can't be bothered.
But anyway, I rarely go out to eat, I just make something for myself at home all the time. It's quicker, healthier and most of the time cheaper aswell.
Like Liddo-kun, I'll just eat something canned if I have no time, it's still better than fast food.
Veldenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 20:20   Link #82
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldenz View Post
I hardly ever eat fast food simply because it tastes pretty gross to me. I'm not really concerned with the health aspect of it because I just stay healthy regardless of what I eat (probably because I just naturally eat healthily, idk), but fast food is pretty awful. Chinese or Indian take-aways are fine, but McDonalds, Burger King and all those sort of restaurants are just horrid. I think it's just sad that so many people go to those places regularly though, there wouldn't be so many people with obesity problems if they just learnt to cook something simple and healthy for themselves, it really isn't that hard, they just can't be bothered.
But anyway, I rarely go out to eat, I just make something for myself at home all the time. It's quicker, healthier and most of the time cheaper aswell.
Like Liddo-kun, I'll just eat something canned if I have no time, it's still better than fast food.
I don't understand people who think fried food is nasty. Like, tastes nasty in and of itself. I love french fries
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 20:46   Link #83
Veldenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I don't understand people who think fried food is nasty. Like, tastes nasty in and of itself. I love french fries
It's not fried food I have a problem with (although I would rather just have potato wedges). But there are healthier ways to cook it, fast food places will cover it in grease and salt and it's just over the top.
Old 2010-08-24, 20:46   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"fried" can be relatively innocuous or very bad. It depends on how you do it and how often you do it. Choice of oil, how clean, how you drain the food, etc all makes a difference.

Heh, Veldnez and I were typing simultaneously but what he says, there are healthier ways.
Old 2010-08-25, 03:30   Link #85
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldenz View Post
I hope you realize that Chinese and Indian take aways are just as high in fat, calories, sodium and cholesterol (if not moreso) than most value meals from McDs, BK, or any of those other "fast food" joints.
Old 2010-08-25, 03:32   Link #86
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I hope you realize that Chinese and Indian take aways are just as high in fat, calories, sodium and cholesterol (if not moreso) than most value meals from McDs, BK, or any of those other "fast food" joints.
She said that she doesn't like MCD for the taste, not the bad nutritional content.
Old 2010-08-25, 08:07   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The *taste value* of McD, BK, etc is severely lacking. Compare it to a well-seasoned home-made burger made with quality parts, home-made fries ... or those items made at a quality independent burger joint and it becomes clear.

But yeah... "Panda Express" or US mall food court Chin/Ind food can be horrible as well. Choose wisely.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:31   Link #88
Rurik
Golden

Fast Food? Yummmm My favorite, I hate home cooked meals…I have been eating that since I was born day after day….now I have access to different type of Fast food services Mcdonalds, BK , Wendy (Love it) Taco Bell, KFC, Papa Johns Pizza…. I can go on and on…

There is nothing better than a Baconator burger from Wendy, all meat, and not Veggies.
The good part, I don’t have to cook and I just have to wait less than 2 minutes for it. I have to say I eat at fast food Joints at least once a Day.

And If you need to know, Im slim.

And BTW, the taste of those fast food chains varies on some countries, for example the taste of a Mcdonald burger where I live taste way different that the ones I had in the US.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:11   Link #89
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
"You're going to get fat. You're definitely going to get fat after you turn thirty. If you don't, then there's something wrong with the world!"

(cookies to anyone who knows where the quote is from!)
Old 2010-08-25, 17:18   Link #90
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

fat or thin... the arteries know
Old 2010-08-25, 19:19   Link #91
Veldenz

Quote:
Even when it's rice and egg? I get my take-aways from privately owned places, so they tend to vary in what's on the menu and how nutritional it all is.
But I do realise a lot of stuff from those places aren't overtly healthy, but like Komari said, it's more of the taste aspect and I'm not really concerned with eating healthily all of the time. Because the majority of the time, I will eat something healthy. I don't think there's anything wrong with occassionally eating something unhealthy, whether it's home cooked or from a fast food place.
Old 2010-08-25, 19:51   Link #92
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
"You're going to get fat. You're definitely going to get fat after you turn thirty. If you don't, then there's something wrong with the world!"

(cookies to anyone who knows where the quote is from!)
Isnt that from Darker Than Black when the detective guy saw Hei eating all sorts of bowls?
Old 2010-08-25, 20:06   Link #93
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Fast Food? Yummmm My favorite, I hate home cooked meals…I have been eating that since I was born day after day….now I have access to different type of Fast food services Mcdonalds, BK , Wendy (Love it) Taco Bell, KFC, Papa Johns Pizza…. I can go on and on…

There is nothing better than a Baconator burger from Wendy, all meat, and not Veggies.
The good part, I don’t have to cook and I just have to wait less than 2 minutes for it. I have to say I eat at fast food Joints at least once a Day.

And If you need to know, Im slim.

And BTW, the taste of those fast food chains varies on some countries, for example the taste of a Mcdonald burger where I live taste way different that the ones I had in the US.
Hm, I don't eat fast food every day, but I do eat it more often than I'd like. I'm slim too, but I'm young, so I can't see where those french fries go, yet. It's a laughing and crying matter
Old 2010-08-25, 20:14   Link #94
goodscoolxh

Today , i have to say that the fast food is very populary among most of us , eating fast food save lots of our time , and there is no need for us to rush home to cook the meal , we have more time to do something else .
goodscoolxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 20:46   Link #95
sergho

Some of you are going to make some lucky proctologist very, very happy.
sergho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 20:58   Link #96
Jaden

Well, just a big mac-esque hamburger is a fairly balanced lunch if there's no french fries and carbonated drink on the side. Problem is it won't fill you for very long though, so stuff with more greens and fiber content would be ideal.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 08:47   Link #97
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Well, just a big mac-esque hamburger is a fairly balanced lunch if there's no french fries and carbonated drink on the side. Problem is it won't fill you for very long though, so stuff with more greens and fiber content would be ideal.
Yeah, I usually Don’t drink Sodas, I mostly eat every food with Water, No Coke or Juice, Water.

And Vexx, My cholesterol level are low...

Every Body react different to food depending on the environment they are set in, for example, I have the benefit in living in a tropical island, so most of the fat that my body digest ends up been burned by how much I sweat (Yeah I walk daily about 10 miles).
Old 2010-08-26, 09:53   Link #98
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Cholesterol is a pretty bad indicator of heart health. Do whatever makes you happy since it's your life but I have trouble believing you're immune to the negative effects of eating poorly.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 10:40   Link #99
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Cholesterol is a pretty bad indicator of heart health. Do whatever makes you happy since it's your life but I have trouble believing you're immune to the negative effects of eating poorly.
Nope, as of now my body is ok, thanks for been concerned, I just don’t buy or believe that eating Fast Food is eating poorly. I Have a lot of years doing it, since I was 18, and, to be honest, I haven’t been hit with any sickness since I was 14 (which kind of suck seen how coworkers get mild cold and get a couple of days off from working).

And Your Body has cholesterol regardless of what you eat, as cholesterol is an important component for your body functions, like I said my cholesterol is low (or better put, in normal levels), and I didn’t said I’m immune to negative effects of the food you eat, I just said each body react different depending on the environment.

EDIT
: just to let you know, when I was in US, and was having the same type of eating (ithis time drinking soda as well) during 2 weeks with fastfood, I gained some weight (some 20 pounds), when I came back, I lost it after one month under the same regiment of eating.

What I don’t eat is sweats or food with lots of sugar.

EDIT 2: coincidence, I was in Worcester, MA on my trip to US,

Last edited by Rurik; 2010-08-26 at 11:03.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 12:40   Link #100
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Rurik, you may want to open a biochemistry & nutrition book before you 'don't buy' that eating fast food isn't a good idea.

Eating truly healthily has become an art even with what's available on the shelves of supermarkets, let alone fast food stores.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, food