AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 17:56   Link #1
mbncd

Unhappy Audio just won't come back

I've been having this error with a lot of anime I've downloaded lately: Kare Kano, Gravitation, NANA, all sorts of different shows by different groups.

I don't get an error message but the audio track will just not play if I do one of various things (depending on which show it is, it has different triggers), even though it was playing fine before. With one show simply pausing it will cause this to happen. When the show is unpaused, the video track will play normally but I won't get any audio at all. Stopping and starting and skipping around won't help, I'll have to completely close the program (any one of MPC, Zoom, JetAudio or VLC) then restart the file. If the episode was half way through I'd have to watch it all the way through again because skipping as the same effect as pausing. For another show you can skip but can't pause without the mute effect. For another show, enabling/disabling/changing subtitle tracks does the same thing, immediately mute until the file is restarted. I think there were a couple of other shows that I had problems with like this but I can't remember their triggers off the top of my head. I only just woke up ^_^;

It sounds kind of like a codec problem to me but before I do anything the audio is perfectly fine. I just have to hope I don't get talking to during the show or use a player that loads subs on default etc. I have all the latest codecs from CCCP and others.

It's just really frustrating... If anyone has any ideas what might be causing this across different shows with different programs and all the latest codecs, please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance for any ideas anyone can come up with. Knowing me, it's probably something really simple ^_^;

mb
Old 2007-02-01, 19:58   Link #2
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Get the CCCPI and post a Test Render of some file this happens on and goto File->Save Log and paste all of that. Since the problem happens in VLC as well that sounds more like a problem unrelated to codecs, and more like just some general problem with your PC.
Old 2007-02-01, 22:50   Link #3
mbncd

I just grabbed a random episode that loses audio after pausing or skipping around.

I also noticed that this problem only comes up with .mkv or .mp4 files, plain .avis or .mpgs are fine.

mb

File: G:\Backup62\NANA\[IY-F&Oki]_NANA_-_Episode_20_(HD_H264_OGG)_[64761FBC].mkv

Filter 0: Default DirectSound Device
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: 332BD8E4
Date: 2005-08-30 | 09:14:00
Filter 1: Video Renderer
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\quartz.dll
Filter CRC: 332BD8E4
Date: 2005-08-30 | 09:14:00
Filter 2: CoreVorbis Audio Decoder
Filename: D:\Program Files\Matroska Pack\CoreVorbis.ax
Filter CRC: D27C4CAB
Date: 2003-12-15 | 21:58:22
Filter 3: Subtitle Mixer
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SubtitDS.ax
Filter CRC: CB08D754
Date: 2002-10-07 | 04:44:51
Filter 4: ffdshow MPEG-4 Video Decoder
Filename: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ffdshow.ax
Filter CRC: B923CC4F
Date: 2006-05-26 | 23:29:34
Filter 5: G:\Backup62\NANA\[IY-F&Oki]_NANA_-_Episode_20_(HD_H264_OGG)_[64761FBC].mkv
Filename: D:\Program Files\Ringz Studio\Storm Codec\Codecs\splitter.ax
Filter CRC: 2CA00F2A
Date: 2006-10-29 | 05:00:28
Old 2007-02-02, 01:52   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

You obviously aren't using the CCCP....

Either uninstall all your other codec packs (IMPORTANT) and use it, or find another solution .
Old 2007-02-02, 02:03   Link #5
mbncd

I am using the latest versions of CCCP, Storm Codec Pack, XP Codec Pack and a few individual codecs. But maybe there's some sort of conflict between them... I don't know, but I'll give it a try. CCCP is definitely the best out of the 3?

Edit: Yep, that solved it. More isn't always better, I'll stick with the one from now on. Thanks.

mb

Last edited by mbncd; 2007-02-02 at 02:39.