AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-20, 07:08   Link #4741
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Actually, does he have a goal in life? Endscape might be right, if he's goal in life was to become a professional baseball player, then he's probably quite lost right now.

And personally, I think his denial and refusal of the situation, is him being "a selfish inconsiderate person". From what we've seen, all the Campione have a egotisical and stubborn personality in some way, and Godou's denial is just how it expresses itself in him. Combined with the fact that things turn out okay for him in the end, and it results in him refusing to change.

...Actually, now that I think about it, none of the Campione's truly have a "goal" in life. Even Alec was looking for the Holy Grail on what was basically a whim. It makes sense, actually. They're nigh-invincible, immortal battle-maniacs, who have the entire world at their finger tips, with very little that can actually challenge them. Their is simply nothing that could be a suitable life goal for them.

...I'm reminded of Exalted, actually.
Alec does have a goal. He didn't search the Holy Grail on a whim. If I am not mistaken, he did it because his father was a grail-otaku--to the point where he neglected his family and his mother left.He just wanted to see what's so special about the grail. As for goals, Salvatore just want to fight as much as he could. Vauban's is similar. As for Lao Hao, her's seems to have been accomplished already, by becoming supreme in martial arts. As for JPS, I think she just wants to be a hero.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 07:30   Link #4742
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Alec does have a goal. He didn't search the Holy Grail on a whim. If I am not mistaken, he did it because his father was a grail-otaku. He just wanted to see what's so special about the grail. As for goals, Salvatore just want to fight as much as he could. Vauban's is similar. As for Lao Hao, her's seems to have been accomplished already, by becoming supreme in martial arts. As for JPS, I think she just wants to be a hero.
Sorry, by a "Goal in Life", I meant something that holds deep meaning to them, something they would always be striving to achieve. I don't count Alec's goal, as he wasn't searching for it because he truly wanted for himself, and to me it seems more like a "artificial" life's goal.

Salvatore and Voban give me a "listless" feeling when they aren't fighting, and they don't seem to be focused "I want to be the best" or something like that, it just seems like they can only truly feel alive while fighting.

Lao Hao's even worse, because as you've said, it looks like she's achieved her goals. If you've already accomplished what you wanted to do in life, what is there left to do?

And as for JPS, I reserve judgement, that split personality thing of hers makes it hard for me to get a proper feeling for her.

This is all just how I feel, incidentally, doesn't mean I'm right.

Edit: Oh, and on page 235 & 236, Yuri was described as a herbivore, while Ena, Erica and Lilianna are described as carnivores. Can someone explain that to me?*

*Note: I'm not feeling well, with a rather bad headache, so I'm probably missing the obvious due to the pain.

Last edited by Gore17; 2012-10-20 at 09:14.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 11:23   Link #4743
Ddraig

It probably mean that Yuri is more of a docile type and Ena, Erica, and Lilianna are more of aggressive type. It had nothing to do with their diet. At least that is what I believe it mean, maybe someone can explain it better.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 11:44   Link #4744
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

i think it means that mariya might want to be devoured by godou ..
while the other ones will try to devour him instead =/
Old 2012-10-20, 18:18   Link #4745
bludvein

While we are on the topic of Godou's personality, a lot of readers skip the afterwords so im going to quote this bit from the v8 one.

Spoiler for ...:

So at the very least the author is aware of the problem.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:25   Link #4746
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

im interested in the onesan in the bar :P and the one night stand :S?? :O :P

as for godou .. well i wonder what change he will have to go trough =/
my best bet is in losing something ( or someone ) but who knows how this really is gonna play out ..
Old 2012-10-20, 18:39   Link #4747
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
While we are on the topic of Godou's personality, a lot of readers skip the afterwords so im going to quote this bit from the v8 one.

Good to know that the author knows what wrong with Godou. Hopefully he will get to it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:55   Link #4748
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

OH MY! I can imagine one of those might make certain readers rage a bit ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:57   Link #4749
Ghanw
(-_-)

Of course authors know that a character needs personality changes if the main protagonists doesnt change in anyway doesnt deserve to be called the main chracter, atleast thats kind of a way to put it. But hope the audience would stick around to see the changes.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:01   Link #4750
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

The funny thing is that was in vol 8, 5 volumes later not much changed of Godou's personality except he now acknowledge that his pacifism is a charade.
Old 2012-10-20, 19:33   Link #4751
Ghanw
(-_-)

True, i still think the author is trying to come up with ways to change his personality without forcing him to change right away more grudally is what i would think would happen.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:38   Link #4752
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

When Godou's personality is finally complete, I wonder if he would become Salvatore.I seriously wonder how many volumes are left. Unless the Last King isn't the BOSS, there's no way the novels would exceed five more volumes--especially now that the author mentioned that the L.K's real identity would be revealed soon.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:08   Link #4753
bludvein

I don't think he will go completely like Salvatore on us, but there is a reason that dude gets under his skin so much. Sort of like looking at himself in a mirror, even if its a distorted one.

Anyway, I think the series could easily go another 10 volumes. The Last King is the strongest steel, but that doesn't mean hes the strongest god period. We also have rematches with Voban and Salvatore, the issues surrounding Lady Aisha, and the rematch with Verethragna and possibly Melquart to deal with. That's just off the top of my head.

Spoiler for vol 13:

No mistake, killing the L.K. will be a major turning point, but I don't think it will be the end. Maybe it will timeskip afterwards?
Old 2012-10-20, 20:17   Link #4754
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
I don't think he will go completely like Salvatore on us, but there is a reason that dude gets under his skin so much. Sort of like looking at himself in a mirror, even if its a distorted one.

Anyway, I think the series could easily go another 10 volumes. The Last King is the strongest steel, but that doesn't mean hes the strongest god period. We also have rematches with Voban and Salvatore, the issues surrounding Lady Aisha, and the rematch with Verethragna and possibly Melquart to deal with. That's just off the top of my head.

Spoiler for vol 13:

No mistake, killing the L.K. will be a major turning point, but I don't think it will be the end. Maybe it will timeskip afterwards?
I get a feeling that if the L.K isn't the final boss, then Godou's stepmother and father might be them. There might be something more than entertainment behind the reason why they granted powers to their stepchildren. Furthermore, Epimethius himself hasn't shown up yet--it's hard to imagine a complete family without the father.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:20   Link #4755
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Lady Aisha is one of my biggest interest in the characters, you don't know much about her but she gives me the aura of interesting about her. As for Godou, in a way I can see him being like Salvatore, not as carefree as him but maybe the love of battle is something they both shared. Godou has the grow up soon about his mentally, from what we got so far the Last King will be hunting down the Campiones like a Great White soaring through the air to shallow Seals. If he is going to change then, well I say worst timing in the worst possible event.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:23   Link #4756
bludvein

Epimethius might be a threat in the same way other campione are threats, but I don't think he would be actively malevolent. On the other hand, Pandora is probably completely sincere. I just can't picture her as a villain. She has had opportunity to cause problems and never has. Besides, if she was "killed" there would be no new campione or authorities granted. That could potentially be real bad.

I would much rather see Prometheus instead. The contrast would be interesting. The only problem is that Prometheus should technically be one of the good guys, considering his entire myth is centered around his love of mankind.

EDIT:

Anyway, which gods do you think would be badass enough to be as strong as the L.K. and not be [Steel]? Im not all the familiar with mythologies other than Greek/Roman ones. Even that little bit of interest was sparked by an unrelated series(Percy Jackson actually). I know a little bit of Norse mythology as well.

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-10-20 at 20:42.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:54   Link #4757
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Pandora.................as a villain, yeah...........Darth I hope you are just teasing me.
Old 2012-10-20, 20:59   Link #4758
The Green One

The last boss is clearly going to be Godou's grandpa. You know that a Casanova of his caliber has to be plotting world domination....
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:01   Link #4759
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Some of those ideas for short stories are really interesting. Hopefully, we get to see them in the next short story volume.

As for the stuff with Godou, that's interesting too, seems he has a long way to go.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 21:15   Link #4760
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The last boss is clearly going to be Godou's grandpa. You know that a Casanova of his caliber has to be plotting world domination....
Why would anyone have a problem with that? Everyone likes him.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem