AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 14:10   Link #5281
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
ClariS is awesome, especially since they're starting at such an early age.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for RANT:

Anyway...bizzarely:

Reason? Click the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlQB-Wl2I8o
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:10   Link #5282
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Spoiler for RANT:
Just making sure, but you're not implying that ClariS is famous because they're autotuned, are you? They've got the talent without the vocal effects- they're just there to enhance the songs they sing.

Hey and also, who said at the age of 20 your career is at an end? Take a look at the famous bands of yesteryear- I don't see many famous singers who were under 20. Take a look back and remember the Beatles, Carole King, Freddie Mercury. You could be 90 and have a voice that millions will follow- don't give up now. If you really want to be a singer, keep going for it. Those teenage stars of the Western world are famous because they get make-up. They get gangsta clothing. They rap. They use auto-tune. There's several different groups of fans, the ones they attract would be the teenage girls. There are many teenagers and even adults and seniors who still love other genres of music, so if you work hard you can definitely make it.

+1 for the autotune hatred. Ever since I heard T-Pain use it, it's become a magnet for radio stars. Can't stand it when every song sung by someone famous is completely under a reverb effect; are they truly good, or are they just run by a machine? Nobody knows. To the extent of adding effects to a voice for certain parts I'm okay with it. ClariS' "Drop" does this in the middle, but for the rest of the song I can tell they're genuine singers. Actually, I find that a lot of J-Pop/J-Rock uses this effect at tiimes.
Old 2011-09-09, 00:06   Link #5283
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

"Kimi Ni Gohoushi" - Iguchi Yuka, Kitamura Eri & Ise Mariya[Mayo Chiki ED]:

Could only find Instrumental version so posting it .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 00:20   Link #5284
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Lost Symphony - Ryoko Shintani

Old 2011-09-09, 01:28   Link #5285
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Just making sure, but you're not implying that ClariS is famous because they're autotuned, are you? They've got the talent without the vocal effects- they're just there to enhance the songs they sing.
No, I'm not implying that at all. It's clear that a lot of Youtube and Nico Nico Douga stars (HIMEKA, glutamine, ClariS etc.) are very talented.

I'm referring more to those singers who reached fame (or infamy) due to autotune (Rebecca Black, the cast of Glee etc.).

Quote:
Hey and also, who said at the age of 20 your career is at an end? Take a look at the famous bands of yesteryear- I don't see many famous singers who were under 20. Take a look back and remember the Beatles, Carole King, Freddie Mercury. You could be 90 and have a voice that millions will follow- don't give up now. If you really want to be a singer, keep going for it. Those teenage stars of the Western world are famous because they get make-up. They get gangsta clothing. They rap. They use auto-tune. There's several different groups of fans, the ones they attract would be the teenage girls. There are many teenagers and even adults and seniors who still love other genres of music, so if you work hard you can definitely make it.
You have a point there.

When I see teenage stars, I sorta feel 'left behind' in a way - that the near generations coming after my own are going to far surpass anything I do, even though the age gap is minimal at best.

It's sorta like what's possibly happening to a relative of mine - spent ages trying to get a degree and is struggling to find a job and is now in his mid-twenties. I, however, at 20, have managed to find a 'job' (a work placement to be precise) with almost relative ease in comparison - and I get the feeling that this relative would feel left behind in that sense.

But thanks for reminding me that all is not lost

Quote:
+1 for the autotune hatred. Ever since I heard T-Pain use it, it's become a magnet for radio stars. Can't stand it when every song sung by someone famous is completely under a reverb effect; are they truly good, or are they just run by a machine? Nobody knows. To the extent of adding effects to a voice for certain parts I'm okay with it. ClariS' "Drop" does this in the middle, but for the rest of the song I can tell they're genuine singers. Actually, I find that a lot of J-Pop/J-Rock uses this effect at tiimes.
Kalafina comes to mind too (though that's because I'm listening to Magia on my iPod right now )

Don't understand the fascination behind auto-tune - those who have the talent don't even need to use it! Yet it seems to be the 'in' thing right now (just hope at some point that this fad dies down and we get back to hearing pure music, untouched by the evils of auto-tune).
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 02:13   Link #5286
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No, I'm not implying that at all. It's clear that a lot of Youtube and Nico Nico Douga stars (HIMEKA, glutamine, ClariS etc.) are very talented.

I'm referring more to those singers who reached fame (or infamy) due to autotune (Rebecca Black, the cast of Glee etc.).
Ah okay, just checking. The groups you are referring to, I can definitely agree with. They're what dominate our radio stations around here and I'm so glad I can have my own music in my car.

Quote:
You have a point there.

When I see teenage stars, I sorta feel 'left behind' in a way - that the near generations coming after my own are going to far surpass anything I do, even though the age gap is minimal at best.

It's sorta like what's possibly happening to a relative of mine - spent ages trying to get a degree and is struggling to find a job and is now in his mid-twenties. I, however, at 20, have managed to find a 'job' (a work placement to be precise) with almost relative ease in comparison - and I get the feeling that this relative would feel left behind in that sense.

But thanks for reminding me that all is not lost
Thing I notice with teenage pop sensations is that they truly have the "15 minutes of fame". In the Western world at least, Justin Bieber will hit top rank for half a year or so, and then another person just like him will come along and become the next big thing. With a proper talent that can't be replicated via computer effects, a person could stay popular for a very long time. Check out Elvis, for example.

As for what's happening with your relative, I'd blame our economy. Worst we've seen in a long time; it's one of the closest moments we've been to the Great Depression. My roommate studied to be an electrician and upon graduation, no jobs awaited him. It's up to that person to pick up and try again in something else, or just give up and work where they can. It's not anyone's fault if they get left behind, as they would have chosen to do so.

Quote:
Kalafina comes to mind too (though that's because I'm listening to Magia on my iPod right now )

Don't understand the fascination behind auto-tune - those who have the talent don't even need to use it! Yet it seems to be the 'in' thing right now (just hope at some point that this fad dies down and we get back to hearing pure music, untouched by the evils of auto-tune).
Love Kalafina as well. Auto-tune in itself mystifies me, but vocal effects through something like Reason or other programs I've heard a lot and is okay to hear. Overusing it's always a bad idea. I just tend to avoid the radio so I can just have my "pure" tunes.

Also, to keep things on topic- this is like...one of my favourite anime songs ever.
Old 2011-09-09, 03:38   Link #5287
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I only listen to the local rock radio station now.
Spoiler for Birds of Tokyo - Wild At Heart:

Old 2011-09-09, 06:10   Link #5288
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

I started to get depressed on this one especially a chorus part.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:00   Link #5289
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈĒΈ is the Best !!

Get Out - JYJ from TVXQ

Old 2011-09-10, 01:25   Link #5290
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Disclaimer: This is not a Chinese song

Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 02:07   Link #5291
calorie

Shoko Nakagawa - Sorairo Days (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OP)

calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 07:58   Link #5292
Haladflire65
*Artist

fighting pose - Fukuyama Masaharu (again)

Some of the coolest guitar I've seen from him from 1:27!

Old 2011-09-10, 09:34   Link #5293
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
No wonder this bloody song nearly has 52 million hits, so damn catchy...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:59   Link #5294
calorie

Inoue Marina - S.t.a.r.S.

Such a great song XD
Old 2011-09-11, 13:48   Link #5295
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

"Watashi Shuyaku No Akaza Akari Desu" - Shiori Mikami (Yuruyuri character song Akari Akaza):
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 15:14   Link #5296
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Gotta love what serendipity throws at you every now and then.

Taken from Persona Music Live Band.

Yes, they did in fact hold a live concert (Persona Music Live, first mentioned in this thread by CynicalDurian)
featuring songs from Persona 3 and Persona 4, back in September 2009.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:03   Link #5297
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Too many great songs in "The World God Only Knows".

Spoiler for Songs:
Old 2011-09-12, 15:40   Link #5298
calorie

ACKO - Hoshikuzu Namida
Old 2011-09-13, 06:42   Link #5299
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Old 2011-09-13, 08:22   Link #5300
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!