Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-11, 09:26   Link #21
Pan chan
I am a slipper :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
What about Kallens seyuu?
She is one of my favorite seiyu, her name is Ami Koshimizu, she voiced Tenma in School Rumble, Nina in Mai Otome, Anemone in Eureka Seven and my absolute favorite, Horo in Spice and Wolf. She is very polyvalent, and can do all sorts of characters, she's just awesome *_*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ami_Koshimizu
Pan chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 19:35   Link #22
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Don't forget that she's the first voice of Lucky Star's Kagami. Serious characters seems to be her forte.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 21:08   Link #23
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemeister View Post
LOL! Can't believe C.C is voiced by the same person!

same reaction .. like wtf how do they bend their voices so far!?
Old 2008-06-11, 22:42   Link #24
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
She must be lowering her voice all the time to fit C.C.'s mature character, but sometimes while arguing or doing something really childish her voice could go really high (and cute ) There were a few times it happened in S1.
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 22:57   Link #25
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Cute Yukana? How about her role as Li Meiling in CCS? That has got to be one of her most "idiotic" roles ever.

Lord, please excuse me. *pinches bridge of nose*
Old 2008-06-11, 22:59   Link #26
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan chan View Post
She is one of my favorite seiyu, her name is Ami Koshimizu, she voiced Tenma in School Rumble, Nina in Mai Otome, Anemone in Eureka Seven and my absolute favorite, Horo in Spice and Wolf. She is very polyvalent, and can do all sorts of characters, she's just awesome *_*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ami_Koshimizu
Yes, she's done almost all the characters I love.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-11, 23:03   Link #27
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Cute Yukana? How about her role as Li Meiling in CCS? That has got to be one of her most "idiotic" roles ever.

Lord, please excuse me. *pinches bridge of nose*
That was one of her older characters I think. She became more well known with her role in PMP. Go watch Tessa and I dare you to come back and say that she doesn't cute
Old 2008-06-11, 23:20   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
That was one of her older characters I think. She became more well known with her role in PMP. Go watch Tessa and I dare you to come back and say that she doesn't cute
Don't get me wrong. Meiling was cute to me. But, her Kotoko in Chobits was the forerunner for C.C.. No nonsense FTW.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-10-08 at 10:28.
Old 2008-06-11, 23:36   Link #29
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Hey, I asked the same thing of Jun when he started playing Lelouch. I can't recall any of his previous works before that one reaching anywhere near how well he bent his voice, he's usually a rather high and squeaky befitting a shouta
Old 2008-06-12, 00:28   Link #30
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Ami Koshimizu is my favourite "newer" seiyuu. The first couple of times I heard her she didn't really resonate well with me since I really didn't care too much about Claes in Gunslinger Girl (I was a Triela fan), and I hated Tenma Tsukamoto from School Rumble. I thought Futakoi blew so her portrayal as one of the Ichijou twins went under my radar as well.

It wasn't until Mai-Otome that I took notice of her with her strong performance as Nina Wang. She's also got great range, from airheaded (Tenma, Sae Sakura from sola), to tsundere (Nina Wang, Kallen, Nanako from Myself ; Yourself), to drugged up enemy pilot who I guess is tsundere too (Anemone from Eureka Seven). I think her work as Horo really showed off what she could do though.

I like when she's playing a tsundere or strong-willed girl the most it seems, because she can convey a lot of emotion in her voice.

I guess I have to watch Eureka Seven now... I saw a couple of clips of her as Anemone and I'm liking what I hear. I haven't really heard Ami do the psycho-bitch yet.

Last edited by Timeless Enigma; 2008-06-12 at 01:13.
Timeless Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 00:38   Link #31
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, I asked the same thing of Jun when he started playing Lelouch. I can't recall any of his previous works before that one reaching anywhere near how well he bent his voice, he's usually a rather high and squeaky befitting a shouta
My impression of him is as a "princeling". Not a full "prince" (ala Miyano Mamoru), but still pretty competent at doing suave gentlemen.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:41   Link #32
Cherudim Arche

Eureka Seven is the only series I saw with Ami Ami Koshimizu.

She is what you called a short-temper as Anemone
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 00:46   Link #33
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
My impression of him is as a "princeling". Not a full "prince" (ala Miyano Mamoru), but still pretty competent at doing suave gentlemen.
True, but that deep and much darker aspects in his voice, that hatred and spite he carried was just something out of this world you wouldn't think he was capable of. I mean, last I recall the interviews the staff initially thought the same and had Jun pinned to play Suzaku and Takahiro Lelouch
Old 2008-06-12, 01:08   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
True, but that deep and much darker aspects in his voice, that hatred and spite he carried was just something out of this world you wouldn't think he was capable of. I mean, last I recall the interviews the staff initially thought the same and had Jun pinned to play Suzaku and Takahiro Lelouch
They should have a gag segment in a future CG drama CD or DVD, where the two do exactly that. Man, I think all CG fans will go, "WTF?"
Old 2008-06-14, 12:16   Link #35
vspirit
...huh?

Iunno, he sounds mad ebil!princely to me as Lelouch. Nothing about Lelouch strikes me as 'princeling'ish at all. Not even when he was a kid, what with that big attitude of his and all. His more 'princeling-ish' performance would be mmmh...his character from Macross Frontier, I suppose. That one is so shouta is not even funny. His max!hentai performance (in terms of mainstream ecchi anime) would be Keita from Inukami! (in which the female character he pervs over is ironically voiced by Nunnally's seiyuu, Kaori Naduka). Haha, I like that anime. So much so that I'm hoping that there'll be more of it in the near future. Guy should do more hentaiyarou!types. He's very good at it.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 22:54   Link #36
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Iunno, he sounds mad ebil!princely to me as Lelouch. Nothing about Lelouch strikes me as 'princeling'ish at all. Not even when he was a kid, what with that big attitude of his and all. His more 'princeling-ish' performance would be mmmh...his character from Macross Frontier, I suppose. That one is so shouta is not even funny. His max!hentai performance (in terms of mainstream ecchi anime) would be Keita from Inukami! (in which the female character he pervs over is ironically voiced by Nunnally's seiyuu, Kaori Naduka). Haha, I like that anime. So much so that I'm hoping that there'll be more of it in the near future. Guy should do more hentaiyarou!types. He's very good at it.
I was talking about his other roles.

Nazuka Kaori is a lady to note also. Her role as Chomesuke in D.Grayman was pretty good.
Old 2008-06-29, 07:20   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I didn't notice until now, But Rolo was Romeo from Romeo X Juliet. Man...
Old 2008-06-30, 20:53   Link #38
Same_Shark

Hey everyone! I found this today. Famitsu interviews Yukana with lots of lovely pics.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 23:27   Link #39
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
I didn't notice until now, But Rolo was Romeo from Romeo X Juliet. Man...
Also Guinble and Tetsukan in Gurren Lagann.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 12:50   Link #40
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Well now my wish has came true in the weirdest way possible: C.C. with Tessa megacute voice I feel bad for saying this and I do miss the usual C.C., but damn, vulnerable C.C. is too yummy not to enjoy in the mean time

I also expect old C.C. to return soon.