AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-11-06, 18:50   Link #1121
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh yea...Largo is as tough as a lion.

I am sure that Jade destroyed his lungs...but here he is, alive and well

As for Ion, an influential political leader, yes...a fighter, no...then why the heck does he not have some crack ace body guards? D:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-11-06 at 19:16.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 19:08   Link #1122
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I am sure that Jade destroyed his lungs...but here her is, alive and well

As for Ion, an influential political leader, yes...a fighter, no...then why the heck does he not have some crack ace body guards? D:
Luckily for Largo he has the 'untold story' protection in place. Unlike stupid soldier #1 who ran into Luke's sword that episode .

Well they do give Ion bodyguards. Yes their opinion Anise is a crack bodyguard . But really if he keeps leaving his protection and going around by himself or with weak people he's going to get captured a lot.
Old 2008-11-06, 19:35   Link #1123
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
Is that Anise or Arietta in those pics? Very nice cosplay!
OMG, I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS @_@

I'm ever mistaking Arietta and Anise names, I think that i can not consider myself a real fan already _ _"

I want to talk about something funny that i have noticed when I was looking some pictures. Fanartist's imagination is wonderful. I found a lot of Natalia and Van, Tear and Guy,Guy and Ion, Luke and Asch(more than 100 yaoi pics) and etc.

BUT, I've noticed too that, not just impossible couples, people make sometimes things that are really funny XD
Too bad that I can not found lots of this type like I found of the couples ._.

here some funny pictures that i loved

about the last image, a little yaoi insinuation, but just this, so I think it's ok

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 19:46   Link #1124
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

I am sure that Jade destroyed his lungs...but here he is, alive and well

I guess that someone healed him (like Tear who healed her own arm).
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 20:07   Link #1125
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Luckily for Largo he has the 'untold story' protection in place. Unlike stupid soldier #1 who ran into Luke's sword that episode .

Well they do give Ion bodyguards. Yes their opinion Anise is a crack bodyguard . But really if he keeps leaving his protection and going around by himself or with weak people he's going to get captured a lot.
I believe the scene in the game was abit more ambiguous. Althought that could also be that they just could not really show any great detail in the game when Jade wounded Largo on the Tartarus.

And it is not just Anise, Ion is supposed to have a group of personal body guards called the Fon Master Guardians to which Anise is a part of and their sole duty is to protect the Fon master.

As an aside, do not diss Anise, in the game she can be a more effective spell caster then Jade and coupled with an accessory that regenerates her HP and TP at regular intervals as well as a high HP because she fights with Tokunaga. Although admittedly I tend to pick Jade over her because Jade is pure awesome in my book but still in practice Anise is actually better on the harder difficulties.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 20:40   Link #1126
kujoe
from head to heel

Anise is practically Ion's bodyguard, though he has more of them in Daath. He's trying to keep his cover and not attract attention that much, hence why only Anise comes along. Plus, a large contingent of bodyguards along with a high-ranking Malkuth officer such as Jade are bound to raise more than a few eyebrows.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:48   Link #1127
kureizero

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
As an aside, do not diss Anise, in the game she can be a more effective spell caster then Jade and coupled with an accessory that regenerates her HP and TP at regular intervals as well as a high HP because she fights with Tokunaga. Although admittedly I tend to pick Jade over her because Jade is pure awesome in my book but still in practice Anise is actually better on the harder difficulties.
Spells like Bloody Howling are surprisingly damaging, but on difficulties like Unknown her middle of the road Fonic Attack and Physical Attack gets to the point where she can barely deal damage over 1 without a lot of grinding. Tear tends to be the best spell caster in the game until her Fonic Attack is outclassed by Jade even with her best accessory.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 09:04   Link #1128
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Great post!

Crack pairings are FTW. NataliaxVan... *continues giggling*
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 10:57   Link #1129
Darkurai

I just realized how much better the anime opening is than the game's. The anime opening actually relates to the story the whole way through. The game opening starts out with Luke jumping off the top of the Albiore (the flying plane thing), falling between the buildings of Baticul, and cutting weird fish-dragon things in half. Nothing even remotely similar to this actually happens throughout the entire story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
Crack pairings are FTW.
As I said earlier, you're not a true fan unless you support LargoxMohs

MieuxLiger Queen btw
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:52   Link #1130
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
I just realized how much better the anime opening is than the game's. The anime opening actually relates to the story the whole way through. The game opening starts out with Luke jumping off the top of the Albiore (the flying plane thing), falling between the buildings of Baticul, and cutting weird fish-dragon things in half. Nothing even remotely similar to this actually happens throughout the entire story.
?

I think that's subject to opinion cos while I thought Sunrise did good on the opening, I personally still prefer the game's one overall. There are certain sequences which anime version I prefer over the game's, like when the song goes into its bridge, the game sequence had Tear and Luke sharing a heart to heart moment on the deck of the Tartarus on a moonlit night while the anime had a high panning shot of a moving Tartarus by night--tho the former's nice in its own way, I prefer the latter for some reason. The sequence where they had the fight between Asch and Luke, I prefer the game's version. I also prefer Production I.G.'s design of the characters as well as animation quality. The eyes of the characters seem narrower and they look slightly more awkward on the character's faces in the anime as compared to the more rounded design that fit the faces more naturally in the game's.

And anyway, based on all the Tales opening I've seen, methinks that they all follow a pre-determined formula of: a series of non-linear sequences with some extra bits here and there that's not completely relevant to the game's storyline. The anime makers /would/ seek to alter that, I suppose.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:59   Link #1131
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

You are all nuts we all know that the one true pairing is Luke x Ion, Luke even gets to act as Ion's knight in shinning armour saving him all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureizero View Post
Spells like Bloody Howling are surprisingly damaging, but on difficulties like Unknown her middle of the road Fonic Attack and Physical Attack gets to the point where she can barely deal damage over 1 without a lot of grinding. Tear tends to be the best spell caster in the game until her Fonic Attack is outclassed by Jade even with her best accessory.
Well the thing is, on Unknown you are doing barely any damage anyways no matter what character you are using without grinding with Physical attacks. Fonic Artes are really the real way to do damage and yes, Tear tends to be the best if you have her pendent. But if you take the vanilla character, as in not factoring in how you level up using the C.Cores, then Jade never actually truely outclasses Tear and only does marginally more damage then Anise on Unknown. But the difference is that Anise's middle tier Fonic Artes cost substantially less then Jade's damage dealers and also cast faster. Which is why I said Anise can be a more effective caster then Jade, as she can cast faster with greater frequency. The major difference between the two is that you will get the FoFs with Jade's spells were as you are stuck with Dark FoF if you stick to Anise's Bloody Howling.

There was someone that did the math over in Gamefaqs, that per spell, Jade does do more damage but over time Anise actually wins out because of the greater frequency with how she can put Fonic Artes out.
Old 2008-11-07, 21:44   Link #1132
NoLongerSane

For tommorrow's upcoming episode, I am wondering how they are going to handle certain scenes. From the preview, there is definitely going to be a battle between some of the God-Generals and I am wondering if that or those battles are going to get a little extension.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 22:29   Link #1133
Darkurai

http://www.tv-toa.jp/news/index.html

It seems that episode 8 will not be airing on November 15th. So to make up for it, episodes 8 and 9 will show back to back on the 22nd.

You guys will like this better. Episode 8 is probably going to be where stuff happens, and I guarantee that you won't want to wait a whole week before seeing what happens next.
Darkurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:18   Link #1134
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkurai View Post
http://www.tv-toa.jp/news/index.html

It seems that episode 8 will not be airing on November 15th. So to make up for it, episodes 8 and 9 will show back to back on the 22nd.

You guys will like this better. Episode 8 is probably going to be where stuff happens, and I guarantee that you won't want to wait a whole week before seeing what happens next.
Why won't it be aired on that day? Am I missing something here?

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:32   Link #1135
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Well it doesn't really matter, at least they make up for it by having two episodes aired together.
Old 2008-11-08, 00:14   Link #1136
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

That's also only one channel. It airs on MBS on Saturdays too, so it may or may not mean much of anything.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:50   Link #1137
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Oh okies. XD I thought I was missing an important Japanese holiday or date here.

Anyways, back on topic, I hope they give enough time for next episode's battle scenes. I'll feel ripped off if they cut it too short.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 01:54   Link #1138
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Oh okies. XD I thought I was missing an important Japanese holiday or date here.

Anyways, back on topic, I hope they give enough time for next episode's battle scenes. I'll feel ripped off if they cut it too short.
Yeah the battle scenes do suffer when it comes to moving through the story fast enough. Hopefully they've been able to save enough time here since it would be nice to get a good battle in.

Regardless I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2008-11-08, 02:00   Link #1139
dubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
OMG, I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS @_@

I'm ever mistaking Arietta and Anise names, I think that i can not consider myself a real fan already _ _"
Its alright, its an honest mistake! Thanks for sharing fanart and pictures!

I must keep a note to look out for some more cosplay pics, I love good effort like the Anise one, just too good!
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:31   Link #1140
nubby

Why do they insist on making these types of main characters annoying as hell?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy