AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-17, 19:53   Link #241
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethi
Spoiler:
It has nothing to do with a complex of superiority but about a simple and realist analyze of the situation.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
I say coward because instead of taking the right route to gaining strength, his trying to fine the easy way and shortcut, dont like that at all.
There is nothing coward in his decision on the contrary.
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:55   Link #242
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Spoiler:
Exactly, which is why I don't really understand how people see him that way prior

Spoiler:
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:57   Link #243
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

It's more foolish than cowardly I'd say.

Edit: actually it's not cowardly at all. Straight up riskage.

Spoiler:

Bun-kun is right also, Naruto makes himself think he's all that too. But he's despite that he's got a golden heart.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 20:07   Link #244
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

In a dark way, Sasuke takes the same path as Naruto.
How did Naruto gain his control over the Kyubi?
It wasn't about training, he finally succeeds by being thrown in a pit by Jiraiya, by risking his life to force him to awake the power of the Kyubi.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-17, 20:21   Link #245
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
What author's going to kill off his favorite character? Try to make sense when you argue.
You're just full of yourself, aren't you?

Let me go in depth becasue I can't even seem to put forth an idea without you being all smart-assed about it.

Generally, in movies, anime, books, whatever...whenever a "good" character gets posessed by an evil one, there's usually a climactic final battle between his best friend who is still good and him...who is posessed.

The good guy fights but is losing, and then appeals to the goodness still left in the posessed character. The posessed body snaps out of it long enough to hold back his posessor, good guy unleashes one final attack, and the two of them, one working from inside, the other from outside, kill the posessor...and taking the posessed down, too.

Kishimoto already revealed in the manga that when Orochimaru takes control of someone with the metempsychosis, that their hatred of him remain present as part of Orochimaru's subconscious. Which adds credence to this theory.

Ever since Orochimaru bit Sasuke in the forest, I've figure this sequence of events would play out...and of everything revealed so far in the manga nothing has come up that would counter this.

Therefore, I believe that Naruto will end up killing both Sasuke and Orochimaru...but not for a while.

As to why you'd kill off your favorite character...why is his favorite character not the main character? It's patently obvious from that fact alone that Sasuke's just as liable to die as any other character in the series.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 20:26   Link #246
Sethi
StormRider

I think there's a little difference:
Spoiler:
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 20:30   Link #247
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Edit by Dranz: SPOILER TAGS PLEASE.

Edit: My bad , I get carried away sometimes.
Old 2004-03-17, 20:37   Link #248
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
As to why you'd kill off your favorite character...why is his favorite character not the main character? It's patently obvious from that fact alone that Sasuke's just as liable to die as any other character in the series.
What are you babbling about? Everything you've said makes no matter because you seem to not understand that Kishimoto likes Sasuke MORE than Naruto. He's not going to kill off his favorite character. That would be stupid and obviously take some of the fun out of the story for him.

"Why is his favorite character not the main character?" -- You want me to name possible reasons or something?
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 20:39   Link #249
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Spoiler:

Edit by Dranz: SPOILER TAGS PLEASE.

And WHY should Sasuke care about leaf? What has leaf village done for him other than team him up with an idiot and a stalker, send him off on missions that could get him killed, and enter him in death tournaments (Chuunin Exam)?
Old 2004-03-17, 20:40   Link #250
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
[...]
Indeed, and it's not only a little difference.

Naruto and Sasuke aren't similar in their way of thinking (well... when Naruto thinks anyway ).
This isn't that Naruto would ever act like Sasuke, this is how Sasuke acts to follow a twisted but parallel path with the power of Naruto.
Old 2004-03-17, 20:46   Link #251
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
And WHY should Sasuke care about leaf? What has leaf village done for him other than team him up with an idiot and a stalker, send him off on missions that could get him killed, and enter him in death tournaments (Chuunin Exam)?
You're right, I didn't realize that when you become a ninja you are supposed to just sorta chill there and not go on life or death missions. Also you really don't learn any techniques like superfast taijutsu and the chidori and the other fire country jutsus that sasuke now knows. Seriously ... what has the leaf ever done for Sasuke ...

As for campanions ...
Spoiler:

Edit: I just remembered some more really cool moments where Sasuke would be dead if the leaf didn't step in
When he's knocked out from the strain of the curse seal, Lee shows up and saves his ass, then Shika's team steps in. Dosu was pretty set on killing him ...

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-03-17 at 21:03.
Old 2004-03-17, 20:57   Link #252
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
You are absolutely right the leaf didn't do anything for him, they didn't took care of him when is parents got killed, they forced him to join the ninja academy it wasn't his choise he was forced to do so not only that but they actually team him up with a girl that loves him and a guy that has a demon inside of him those leaf bastards are really asking for it, then they sent him on these death missions where he has to fight for his life and train real hard against his own will and worse than all that they force him to enter the Chunnin exam when the guy only wants to live a peaceful life as a monk without hating anyone they sure are complete evil all right.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 21:14   Link #253
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
You're right, I didn't realize that when you become a ninja you are supposed to just sorta chill there and not go on life or death missions. Also you really don't learn any techniques like superfast taijutsu and the chidori and the other fire country jutsus that sasuke now knows. Seriously ... what has the leaf ever done for Sasuke ...

As for campanions ...
Spoiler:

Edit: I just remembered some more really cool moments where Sasuke would be dead if the leaf didn't step in
When he's knocked out from the strain of the curse seal, Lee shows up and saves his ass, then Shika's team steps in. Dosu was pretty set on killing him ...
And when Kakashi saves him from Kabuto, too.

I think it's easy to see why Sasuke's this guy's favorite character...he's just as blind to the truth as Sasuke is...
Old 2004-03-17, 21:15   Link #254
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
And when Kakashi saves him from Kabuto, too.

I think it's easy to see why Sasuke's this guy's favorite character...he's just as blind to the truth as Sasuke is...
Hey, I think you're flaming me. Better watch it, pal. Better watch it.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:25   Link #255
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
What are you babbling about? Everything you've said makes no matter because you seem to not understand that Kishimoto likes Sasuke MORE than Naruto. He's not going to kill off his favorite character. That would be stupid and obviously take some of the fun out of the story for him.
Do you ever read books, kiddo? Watch any movies?

Authors, directors, writers...ALL kill off characters they love...even their favorites, ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

When the woman who wrote the Harry Potter novels wrote the death of one of her beloved characters, she was crying for like 45 minutes.

You know what? That character still died in the book.

George Lucas allows Chewbacca to get killed off in the novels. Douglas Adams kills off EVERYONE in his favorite series of books, and he kills off every potential parallel universe they can exist in as well. And there are millions of other examples.

So WHY would a writer, author, and Kishimoto kill off their favorite character?

Because that character is not bigger than the story they want to tell, and sometimes, that invovles that character dying. Sometimes, the fact that they die is what makes that character the favorite character.

You obviously don't read or write very much. But people familiar with literature, hell, even people who have read a lot of comics know that killing off a favored character is a fairly common plot device. It's not as cliche as say, that episode in any sitcom where two people get drunk in Las Vegas and end up married, and hilarity ensues, but it's common enough.

You're getting all bent ou of shape because you don't understand all this. So walk away with one bit of understanding if you have any potential to learn anything at all: Just because an author has a favorite character doesn't mean that character won't die.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:45   Link #256
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Hey, I think you're flaming me. Better watch it, pal. Better watch it.
Any flame directed towards you is never out of line.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:54   Link #257
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Just because an author has a favorite character doesn't mean that character won't die.
Yes it does. End of argument.
Old 2004-03-17, 22:12   Link #258
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Certainly does end the argument.

When one side, The Winning Side, i.e. My Side offers up valid points, and the Other Side, more commonly known as the Losing Side, or in this case, Your Side, offers up none, but insists on believing:

The world is flat, The Sun revolves around the Earth, or that authors don't kill off their favorite characters..then the argument has ended because The Losing Side has offered up the same level of resistance as France.

It happens all the time. Deal with it, kiddo.

As far as I'm concerned, Sasuke's taking the long walk down a path that leads getting killed by Naruto. Think about that. A lot. And have a nice day.
Old 2004-03-17, 22:16   Link #259
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Think about that. A lot. And have a nice day.
I hope you get eaten by dolphins.
Old 2004-03-18, 00:09   Link #260
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Whether or not Sasuke is killed off, I think we can all agree that we liked him in the manga in anime, at least having him in there. Wait wait, this is a hate thread, let me get to my point, even though I hate him, he has made me realize how better some of the other characters are :P Bah, it's been said before, and those dolphins will never get us, unless they have lasers on their heads.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote