5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-09, 16:37   Link #41
Kurohane

Someone mentioned Aila's "baka" with tears as proof of shipping. I'm wondering is that whole scene supposed to be reference. If so, to what?

Anyway, I'm glad Aila isn't the typical emotionless girl previously portrayed. She can show feelings, at least when it comes to food.
Old 2013-12-09, 17:04   Link #42
Nvis
Where are the good animes

That commander GuAiZ with a mirage colloid cloak?

Hyperion Gundam and Heavyarms Custom in the preview.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 18:44   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok will definitely say Aila was pretty damn cute in this one. Definitely dropped the cold demeanor for long enough to pretty much blow everyone away. Food really is her weak point. Pretty damn funny that this rivalry with Reiji might end up completely based on a meat bun . Their interactions were pretty fun with how they were just going back and forth not at all intimidated.

Yeah Star Build Strike was all kinds of awesome. Curious to see what kinds of limitations it might have other than needing to charge up first. Either way the shield being a good way to deal with beam attacks is definitely a nice idea. Sei really did come up with his best gunpla yet. Looking forward to seeing the "Aqua Mode" and "Rifle Mode" in upcoming matches. Certainly "speed mode" made a pretty nice first impression .

And yeah Fellini. Heck of a guy being able to win his block despite suffering that hangover. Certainly seems like they've made clear who will make up Sei and Reiji's 3v3 team.

Good to see Mihoshi again. Certainly showing her tenacity in continuing to rise up as an idol despite that defeat before. Will also say she did look better with brown hair, but oh well.
Old 2013-12-09, 19:09   Link #44
brightman
Ancient Member

Best.Gundam.Ever.
Old 2013-12-09, 20:47   Link #45
sayde

This was a fun episode. Loving how much they're trying to suggest how perfect Aila and Reiji are for eachother. Anyways, I can't get over how awesome the music in this series is. Anyone know when the OST will be released? I got this burning desire to play some super robot war titles to a lot of these tracks.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 21:15   Link #46
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Man this show never fails to put a smile on my face. Star Build Strike is awesome. And Aila already has fans screaming "My Waifu!" all over the place. BANDAI you awesome, awesome godly company you. Now give us some more!!!

Oh, and I loved the Abigorbine despite it's relatively short appearance. More Victory suits please. Screw the guys saying they're weird looking!
Old 2013-12-09, 21:32   Link #47
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

What was the other gundam that was flying along side The O and Throne Zwei?
Old 2013-12-09, 21:56   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Angel View Post
What was the other gundam that was flying along side The O and Throne Zwei?
Gundam Virsago, I think.
Old 2013-12-09, 22:28   Link #49
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Gundam Virsago, I think.
That is correct
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 23:00   Link #50
Dark Wing

Oh god that battle Star Build Strike maybe totally OP but it's OP in a good way. I can't wait to see what else it can do!
Old 2013-12-10, 00:23   Link #51
Aurelis
Daydreamer

This is not relevant to the anime's plot but I absolutely love it when they have subtle things like going to the tournament venue, showing the player's village, quick brief into what the tournament is going to be like and other small details like best food to eat at X location. It makes the whole adventure seems more personal.

Now, the rest of the posters already raised the major points but instead of seeing the Star Build Strike as OP, it is Qubeley Papillon, which trumps all other combat showings in this episode. It's magnificient; how it just stands regally, as the enemies explode before it. Not even Legilis' bits was that good. And that's just the funnels' firepower, I can't imagine going melee against it. I won't be surprised if it's not actually funnels either. Exploding nanomachines

About Star Build, I understand there's still other techniques/weapons which have not been revealed but I believe that showing off its capabilities, like "erasing" beam weaponry [Which I agree with Blazer-X, looks like it absorbs the energy instead], may make enemies more careful about its potential, such as opting to limit their beam usage IF it really charges the Star Build. Smart enemies, like Shinn Asuka, I mean Nils, will use their research findings against the enemy.

Oh well, least Aila didn't know that it's her food rival that's piloting that machine, and it's better that she even acknowledged the fighter's strength. These 2 needs a Toriko spin-off of their own. Hell, why not introduce SnK Sasha into it as well.

Just a side-note comment, I liked how some of the World Tournament fighters use kits like Zakus as one would expect it to be saturated with Gundams and Mobile Armours. I hope that by season's end, I will get to see an animated Ex-S.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 00:55   Link #52
zerodragon

i must admit i am impress with this show, Star strike bulid is one of the more powerful gundam that been made, can't wait to see it true power. the whole fight over food had me smiling a mile a minute in how funny it was. for someone who came off as the cold type, she sure is a glutton. i wonder where all that food goes!
Old 2013-12-10, 02:37   Link #53
PzIVf3

My mind blows me away.

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 03:01   Link #54
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Prery fun episode. Seeing Aila be all cute with the food was nice. Sucks we didn't see her Quebeley do anything though. I wanna see that sucker actually move for once.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 03:45   Link #55
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

One thing that I really appreciate was Fellini talking about 8th Ms team when he was drunk. It really reminded at the end of the day, most of them are Gundam otaku like us.
Old 2013-12-10, 08:03   Link #56
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
Smart enemies, like Shinn Asuka, I mean Nils, will use their research findings against the enemy.
So far, Nil's Gunpla has the best chance on taking on Star Build Strike.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 08:38   Link #57
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Whoa, Gawain is the runner-up of the last World Championship? Aila made him look like cannon fodder, geez.

Carlos Kaiser seems like an interesting character. I can't believe he piloted a Zeong as well. So he likes piloting legless machines? I'd be surprised if he started piloting a Gadelaza, or something like a Hydra Gundam in permanent High-output mode. I hope to see more of him after the World Championship.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 09:42   Link #58
pikachuwei

^OMG I WOULD DIE TO SEE A GADELAZA AS FINAL BOSS MATERIAL

Seriously that shit's one of the most broken MS/MA in the universe outside of main-character gundam haxxes

just look at its specs http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GNMA-Y0002V_Gadelaza

at 300 metres long its easily IIRC the largest MA in the Gundam Franchise, more than twice the length of any other MA

With 154 GN Fangs (14 of which each have their own GN drive, can go Trans-Am) that can all generate GN fields its got at least 3 to 5 times the number of remote weapons of any other MA/MS (the Quin Mantha has 30)

Now imagine all that and more that i havent mentioned about the Gadelaza souped up by a World-Tournament level Gunpla builder. Even just with in-series technology, giving Gadelaza's main body a GN-field and equipping it with Regnant's beam curving ability on its main GN Cannon is terrifying enough. Then you start to think about all the Plavsky Particle haxxs and my mind just goes @__@
Old 2013-12-10, 09:45   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
In a one on one fight at least. The various battle options though could turn the tables. In a free for all could just avoid him and absorb beams first or in a team fight could actually use teammates to charge up.
Old 2013-12-10, 11:07   Link #60
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Mao's would be too. Then again one of the Star Build Strike's discharging modes is for the beam rifle assumably to go up against the Satellite Beam Cannon.

I'm curious about the Aqua mode..... Is that for under water battles? Which looks to be a pretty good plot mode if one of the final battles is under water.....
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote