Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 10:22   Link #2161
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I think the time Gonzo got R+V they where in the CRISIS stage on their company, they where desperate and turned R+V into fanservice and worst yet Capu2 was mascot censored! For marketing purposes.
eehhhhh... I still say the pre production company was the one to turn it into wank fodder... they always seem to set the pace of the production either its going to be done with a budget with some thought to the manga or a wank fest on all levels.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:30   Link #2162
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If that's the case how dare they do that to an awesome story!

But in any case I still have to thank GONZO for animating R+V, non the less.
Old 2009-04-19, 10:34   Link #2163
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If that's the case how dare they do that to an awesome story!

But in any case I still have to thank GONZO for animating R+V, non the less.
Gonzo is a mixed bag, I am starting to think that most of their problems are taking on ANY production brought to them....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 11:36   Link #2164
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

As I said in the Capu2 thread, I watched this anime and enjoyed it, but I watched it over a short period of time and thats probably how its best viewed because then you're not sitting down and dissecting it for flaws. I also watched it more for the humour and light romance than the fan service, I actually it pretty damn funny in places.

I'd expected more to have been made of the vampire blood in season 2 of the anime but alas they seemed to avoid it. Either way, Id watch another season if it ever appeared, the concept (monsters) appeals to me, and it was a bit of a laugh. You can read my more full opinion on the show elsewhere, its not my favourite by a long shot but the interaction between Tsukune and Moka were a bit of fun with all the subversions and some of the other characters were relatively endearing

Wasn't so bothered about the fan service though, except where it helped with the humour.
That said Tsukune anime version should have just got it out the way and asked Moka to sire him in the first place, rather than having to almost die to start it off. Probably would have made his life a LOT easier.

Will read the manga most likely because I hear it retains the humour, whilst containing more plot.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 12:56   Link #2165
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Manga >>>> Anime. Luckily this first season isn't that bad compared to the second. It's just the lost potential is frustrating.

I am planning on watch this again now that we have BD releases.
Old 2010-03-31, 13:39   Link #2166
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Manga >>>> Anime. Luckily this first season isn't that bad compared to the second. It's just the lost potential is frustrating.

I am planning on watch this again now that we have BD releases.
Yeah I get where you're coming from. Actually, bar a few minor changes, so far on the manga Im up to, the anime is actually fairly true to what happens in the manga bar a few minor edits, I'd certainly say its not the worst book->show I've ever seen by a long shot, and some of the things that got a little repetetive in the anime (transformation sequences) are actually there to a degree in the manga too, but then the second season did seem like it was probably further from the manga anyway as there seemed to be less overall plot development, and it avoided the blood thing almost entirely, which...well seemed a bit off, as thats a major part of vampire mythos, this series or not.

Either way, the show is a bit of a laugh and portrays itself in a way that doesnt try to make you think its anything else and thats why/what I watched the show for, so I dont really feel like I lost out or anything, and from what I hear its probably better to have watched the anime before the manga anyway, because its easier to enjoy them that way!
Old 2010-04-01, 09:48   Link #2167
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Hmmm, having read the majority of season 1 of the manga now (on chapter 38, I read fast), yeah the anime does miss a lot out...but then my opinion on the anime actually isnt harmed that much.
Yeah they moved some stuff around so the show would flow better as an anime, and adding in the vampiric blood stuff would have been cool, but looking at the manga vs the anime, I actually think they did a reasonable job translating it to an anime. You have to remember the seasons are quite short, so if they'd followed the manga exactly and tried to squish in all the main points, the series would have felt quite rushed (as they couldnt guarantee a second season they cant roll this into the equation unless 2 seasons are greenlit from the go), and I think quite a few of the changes made were done to accomodate this.

The vampire blood thing would have been cool, but I think they would have struggled to keep it context without feeling like it was thrown in for the sake of it or rushed, so essentially the anime is a bit like a condensed, tweaked version to suit the new medium (after all, the story really is about the unlikely relationship between Tsukune and Moka, their friends and a dose of humour).
I think really they'd need a new 26 episode series to show the gradual transition better, 13 to show the entire transition would probably have felt rushed and had to cut a lot out.
Of course, if the series recieved a remake, and a 26 episode season, then they'd probably be able to stick a lot closer to the manga without having to make too many changes to the source material.

The plus side with the manga is bar the extra stuff because of the extra length, the relationship between Moka and Tsukune is covered in far greater depth, and he doesn't come off quite as indecisive, as there were a few panels with both characters really showing how much they care about the other, and Tsukune actually does manage to say how he feels at one point heh, I haven't even got to the second manga season to see how that pans out.

Edit:
On a related note, the second season of the manga just doesnt seem as good so far as the first season...

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-01 at 19:07.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:21   Link #2168
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yes most of the stories here are condensed and re-made as seen in Ruby's and Mizore's anime introduction.

and Whao! First time I've herd the 2nd season manga was not as good as the first one. Well it's a sequel and pretty much in the 2nd season manga new characters are introduced and there are more fillers, though the fillers have good character development for each character featured. R+V focuses on all girls, guys and Tsukune.
Old 2010-04-02, 07:26   Link #2169
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I've only read 1-7 of the second season so far so it may be a case it gets a lot better, and there's been a little development, but it also feels like its backtracked in some ways.
Tsukune for example seems a lot less prepared or capable of 'vamping up' than he was towards the end of the first season of manga where it'd become reasonably frequent even with the 'locking' of his full abilities/ghoul state (hell he even almost vamped up to stop his friends fighting over him in the human world!)...
It just feel like its pulled back a little, possibly to stop it plateauing too quickly...

Either way, if anything my reading of the manga hasn't hurt my appreciation of the anime, I can see why a lot of the changes were probably made.
The episode/manga chapter where he goes home and the other girls turn up is stil one of my favourite of the bunch, and one of the funniest.
Also one of the sweetest because, at least from the way I watched the episode and read the manga, it seems, after Moka panicing that they're causing a load of issues for Tsukune and they should never come, it turns out that out of everyone, Moka is pretty much the only person Tsukune has really talked about over the phone with his parents, and has expressed how important she is to him [and that he'd like to introduce her to his parents, they seem unaware it was a she], his mum also noting he seemed happier than any other time when talking about her. In otherwords it was a fairly clear show of where Tsukune's heart rather than friendly affections lay.

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-04-02 at 07:55.
Old 2010-04-02, 07:41   Link #2170
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Oh so that's why. Read more of the R+V s2 manga chapters it's pretty good in later chapters, alot of developments.
Old 2010-04-02, 07:51   Link #2171
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I did wonder whether its a case of it got better, just the early chapters feel quite...'opener-y', especially compared to the chapters that had just preceded it.
Old 2010-04-03, 06:35   Link #2172
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

OK well I'll revise my opinion, after the first 5-8 or so of the second season, it does seem to get a lot better, and the storyline seems to have gone more mature. Theres also more hints towards Tsukune/Moka's future together hehe
I guess it really was a case of the mangaka feeling thier way around where they wanted to take the story in the near future, and perhaps doing some preliminary work for anyone who hadn't read the story before so it was established that Tsukune is still relatively human and...mostly outmatched... unless he 'awakens'. Roughly up to chapter 22 now, with 28 translated out, and the 29th now out as raw so should be soon....gah its gonna be a long wait for this to finish with the monthly releases!

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-04, 03:22   Link #2173
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I suggest you go to the manga section more often since that's more most discussion manga and anime alike are most talked about, also other updates such as merchandises and others.
Old 2010-04-04, 04:10   Link #2174
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Haha yeah I noticed yesterday/the day before
Just waiting for II CH29 to get a translation now to find out if anything happens, Tsukune would be heartbroken if
Spoiler:

I don't tend to read Manga (R+V was the first, although Im likely going to read Beck at some point), so I was kinda oblivious to that section.

Either way, directly relevant to the anime, I really dont think its as bad as it could have been, I think they just tried to push the fanservice/humour side because some of the more indepth manga subplots like the vampire hybrid transformation are just far too lengthy for a 13 episode series, and possibly a 26 episode series to do justice to (it's what 60+ chapters of the manga and still ongoing, and I gather from my brother R+V chapters are reasonably lengthy).
Having read all of the manga translated now, a LOT of scenes or even full chapters made it into the anime, and the current manga happenings do bare a strong resemblence, in at least the base nature of the plot, to what was going on towards the end of season 2 anime. Makes me wonder how much input the author/mangaka had.
Old 2010-05-15, 19:14   Link #2175
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Whoa. Rosario + Vampire (both seasons) got licensed at ACen:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ire-anime-more
Old 2010-06-25, 10:44   Link #2176
Justin Kim
*Artist

Well I just rewatched both season of Rosario + Vampire on DVD, and caught up with the manga. Lately though, something has been bothering me about the storyline and the content difference between the manga and the anime itself.

Within the manga do we actually see Moka's father battle with Tsukune? I really can't remember, and I just read all the chapters really fast so that part was a little bit vague. Does anyone remember that scene within the anime corresponding to the manga itself?
Old 2010-06-25, 13:44   Link #2177
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Well I just rewatched both season of Rosario + Vampire on DVD, and caught up with the manga. Lately though, something has been bothering me about the storyline and the content difference between the manga and the anime itself.

Within the manga do we actually see Moka's father battle with Tsukune? I really can't remember, and I just read all the chapters really fast so that part was a little bit vague. Does anyone remember that scene within the anime corresponding to the manga itself?
Spoiler for Manga; Season II:
The anime changed (and ruined in my opinion) so, so, so, so much. I think a lot of Capu2 is original, at least the 2nd half.
Old 2010-06-25, 21:09   Link #2178
Justin Kim
*Artist

Ah ok thank you, that is where the confusion started. I should really keep a note on these things haha :P
Old 2010-06-29, 14:43   Link #2179
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yeah I don't hate the anime, especially as it introduced me to R+V but there is a lot of changes, especially when it comes to season 2. Best to treat it as an omake or alternate telling rather than canon, especially as the manga shifted away from story a chapter/episode as it progressed and gained momentum.
Old 2010-10-10, 16:39   Link #2180
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
can i ask for help i can't seems to remember what episode did tsukune planned to touch moka but was stop by the rosary and told tsukune that he can't touch moka i really forgot that episode
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire