AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-10, 13:30   Link #3861
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroIchiNi View Post
I thought it was called Overdrive
That I remember, "Limit Break" I do not...

EDIT: Page claim for a certain bow-shaped-when-in-Full-Drive Device and its Mistress. :3
Old 2012-01-10, 13:41   Link #3862
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
EDIT: Page claim for a certain bow-shaped-when-in-Full-Drive Device and its Mistress. :3
Heh, that means Vita and Fate are one step beyond with 4 modes each:

Graf Eisen:
  • Hammer form(default)
  • Rakketen Form
  • Gigant Form
  • Destruction Form

Bardiche:
  • Assault Mode(default)
  • Hakken Mode
  • Zamber Mode
  • Riot Zamber Mode

Rasing Heart:
  • Axel Mode(default)
  • Buster Mode
  • Excelion Mode

Laevatein:
  • Schwertform(default)
  • Schalgenform
  • Bogenform

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 16:09   Link #3863
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It may have had something to do with the terms the fansubbers chose to use.
Old 2012-01-10, 16:21   Link #3864
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It may have had something to do with the terms the fansubbers chose to use.
Which is why I prefer dub to sub.

I'll watch subs, but I prefer dubs.

Just my preference is all.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2012-01-10, 17:48   Link #3865
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Curious logic, you can participate in the translation with fansubbers, but whatever they say in the dub is unchangeable

Does this include force? Not sure if fortress is a new level, fate has what a 5th gen device now? It might have another form unused so far.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-01-10, 17:54   Link #3866
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Curious logic, you can participate in the translation with fansubbers, but whatever they say in the dub is unchangeable.
Which is exactly why I prefer dubs over subs.

Remember that one scene where Quattro's about to get blasted?

Depending on the subs, you either got "she's going to fire from there? No way! Impossible!"

Or...

"She's going to shoot down here? Oh dear mother of god!"

Not to mention that there's other problems too...

believe me, you would NOT believe the arguments that spring up because someone uses fansubs and another uses official subs, and then another person uses dubs...

They're all the same scene, but they all say different things, thus it screws up perceptions among people.

Old 2012-01-10, 17:57   Link #3867
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Does this include force? Not sure if fortress is a new level, fate has what a 5th gen device now? It might have another form unused so far.
Fortress is another equipement entirely different from Raising Heart.

5th Gen Bardiche isn't a "mode", is a complete redesign of Bardiche with it's own set of modes. Bardiche can't return to "Hakken Mode" in this form and the primary focus now are the Riot Zamber II blades and the possible combinations with them.

Raising Heart seems to remain able to acces it's old modes since she still seems to have her original traits mostly untouched and also the fact that her new form is also called a "mode" (Standalone Flight Mode). Will wait for more info about ouw favorite overkill device xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Which is exactly why I prefer dubs over subs.

Remember that one scene where Quattro's about to get blasted?

Depending on the subs, you either got "she's going to fire from there? No way! Impossible!"

Or...

"She's going to shoot down here? Oh dear mother of god!"
Heh, reminds me of the whole "Signum Needes" thing that become modestly popular in some sites xD.

the main problem i find with subs is that usually there are various versions and some of them itnerpret things a bit different which raises confussion.

Aside of that, i'm not particularly against one or another as dubs aren't excent of making mistakes sometimes. There's also instances when executive meddling messes up the dub in order to change the significance/meaning of some plot devices and causing major confusion.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-10, 23:46   Link #3868
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I was saying both are bad, but you can fix one of them

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:33   Link #3869
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Where was it stated that Lindy was Erio's guardian until Fate came of age? And that Fate officially became his guardian afterwards?
Old 2012-01-11, 05:40   Link #3870
Meltyred

According to Nanoha wikia, Linker cores can be regenerated with time, but weren't there people who died after their Linker cores got extracted?
Old 2012-01-11, 05:42   Link #3871
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
According to Nanoha wikia, Linker cores can be regenerated with time, but weren't there people who died after their Linker cores got extracted?
A cut on your hand will heal with time.

If it's really deep, it becomes a scar.

However, too big a cut on your body and too much blood lost too fast will kill you.

Same with Linker Cores... They'll recover, but if you've been drained to nothing, you won't survive.

Old 2012-01-11, 11:56   Link #3872
Sunder the Gold

If there are people born without Linker Cores, it seems to me that a person can survive having one removed. Though I grant it's not certain.

Still, where is it said or revealed that removing a Linker Core could kill someone?

The Wolkenritter vowed not to kill anyone, but that could have easily been intended to mean, "After we have stolen the Linker Cores of powerful mages, we will not kill them to prevent them from coming after us once they recover."

Which pretty much fits with what the characters talk about in the Sound Stages. The Wolkenritter deliberately did not kill anyone left at their mercy because they fully intended to turn themselves in to the TSAB once the Book was complete and Hayate was restored.

Of course, their vow could also mean, "We will hold back when we fight so that we do not risk inflicting fatal damage just to get their Linker Core."

If you gut-stab someone, it takes them a while to die. Since they're still alive, you can take their Linker Core, and then walk away as they bleed to death.
Old 2012-01-11, 12:17   Link #3873
Dark Wing

Quote:
Like the other have said draining a Linker Core is one thing but ripping it out of someones chest yea that will most definitely kill them...
Old 2012-01-11, 12:37   Link #3874
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Still, where is it said or revealed that removing a Linker Core could kill someone?
I thought it was mentioned in A's episode 3?

Old 2012-01-11, 14:34   Link #3875
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Of course, their vow could also mean, "We will hold back when we fight so that we do not risk inflicting fatal damage just to get their Linker Core."

If you gut-stab someone, it takes them a while to die. Since they're still alive, you can take their Linker Core, and then walk away as they bleed to death.
Pretty much this, they promised not to stain Hayate's future with blood(altough Vita nearly forgot about that promise after her hat got damaged xD). And also one of the reasons the knights had more troubles. Otherwise it could be much easier for them to just slay their opponents(Zafira alone could deal easily with the squad of red shirts if he decided to go lethal on them) and stealig the cores while they're agonizing.

Quote:
Need to rewatch but i think you're correct on this one.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-11, 15:30   Link #3876
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
The only times Linker Cores were extracted in the canon was by the Wolkies, and none of their victims was killed or seriously injured (refer to A's Sound Stage 03, I think, where Signum says they tried not to worsen their criminal record). Of course, there is the matter of the twins killing the Wolkies to feed their Cores to the Book, but I am pretty sure they first killed them, then grabbed their Cores. I am not sure what ultimately happened to those monsters whom Wolkies hunted off-world, but the question referred to "people", anyway. So all in all, there have been no canon deaths that can be attributed to Linker Core extraction with certainty.

PS: Nobody has a clue about Fate's familial relations?
Old 2012-01-11, 16:06   Link #3877
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ I can't find how the Liese Twins "killed" the Wolkenritter before stealing their linker cores, from what we've seen it looks as if the extraction of the cores is precisely what killed the Wolks.

Altough it may be justifable as some people assume that happened because the Wolks are magical beings and thus more reliant on their linker cores for the mantaining of their existence. How mcuh of this remain true after being diconnected of the book and living as people for over a decade is an entirely different matter.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-11, 16:26   Link #3878
LostSome

I`m not too sure what to make of the whole relationship chart...
It says that Fate is the adoptive daughter to Lindy and adoptive sister to Chrono, but only legal guardian to Caro and Erio.

One way to look at it would be that their real parents are still officially that(they are not dead... I think...) and Fate have permission to be their guardian...

EDIT : Stupid mistake...

Last edited by LostSome; 2012-01-11 at 16:40.
Old 2012-01-11, 16:57   Link #3879
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Nope, no mention of how lethal it is.
Old 2012-01-11, 18:37   Link #3880
Sunder the Gold

As mentioned, the Wolkenritter are not normal living creatures, and are not a little like familiars. Removing/draining a linker core could very well be fatal for them while not so for humans or dragons or whatnot.
Closed Thread