AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 12:08   Link #41
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Lurching Corpse, Necroassassin and Khawy are certainly powerful. Ultimate Carrot is also a welcome tool. That said their only real late game threat is Mordecai and if he gets banished they just lose. With Odin being teched in a lot of decks this is quite a real possibility.
Eh? clearly not. Mordercai is their finisher, but their board control is enough to poke around and grind the opponent HP thorough the whole match.
The 2678 version just doesn't care that much about the loss of mordecai, and for consistency sake, you don't play Lurching Corpse or Necroassassin to control Neph RNG properly.

Necro completely deny Daria board control, while laughing at most control due to outvalueing them. The only true weaknesses of Necro right now are true aggro that just wreck them before PP5 and combo decks.
Quote:
Like you said dragon didn't get much either but discard dragon which was terrible before is now a somewhat playable deck and the other decks got some improvements too.
Discard Dragon isn't any more playable whatsoever. They still have huge consistency issues, and having a Finisher such as Imperial Dragoon doesn't help that much in that regard. The irony is that Uriel is the one card that boost that deck in general, but the timing and cost doesn't make up for the huge tempo loss. The ratio of discard dragon in AA and Master is quite abysmal compared to Ramp right now.
Quote:
The one thing I'd disagree with is sword. Amelia is very strong and Albert is arguably one of if not the best legendary in the expansion (Fight me Daria). They also got Cyclone Blade which is FINALLY AoE for sword as well as Fangblade Slayer, Blitz Lancer, Monika and Jeno. Sword admittedly has a bad match-up against Shadow but overall as a class they are up there.
I never said Amelia and Albert are not strong. I stated they are arguably their only real new toy to fight the meta at hand, which is the very reason why midrange is pretty much dead at this point and the only legit sword decks right now are full aggro or control. You just cannot contest the board control of the current meta with midrange whatsoever.
Jeno and Monica are there for trade measure, but they are certainly not enough to contest a full board, moreso when Monica will force you to have an evo point used, whereas she is pretty much a terrible 5-pp drop outside of that. Blitz Lancer is nothing to write home about and you would usually fare way better with a Art of Ninja considering trading with her will generally lead to her being lost in the process (only single exception is Yurias, but then again, Art of Ninja does the job too).

Cyclone blade is arguably a needed AOE, but it is a very frustrating one at that considering that your opponent can play around up to PP7, and even at PP7, you mostly need an evo to have a reliable board clear move if the board is full of followers that have more than 2 defense. I personally feel it is a mandatory spell, but not because it is as powerful as other class board cleaner, but rather because you don't have any other choice.

As someone who grinded AA3 in RoB meta, I can tell you that Sword is at most tier2 and usually have to go through a very uphill battle to contest against the higher end decks.
Sword has at most an even matchup against Daria, an unfavorable matchup against control blood (just as usual), a favorable matchup against aggro bat, an even/favorable matchup against Roach, a very unfavorable matchup against DS, an unfavorable matchup against Necro and most control version of haven.
So they are basically at the very middle among classes. It is quite obvious when you consider the number of sword players dramatically dropped after RoB.

The sole presence of Daria just make Sword midrange absolutely trash, and force people to switch to control, leading to other problems in the process.
And to make things worse, Otohime is arguably no longer a threat in the current meta because your opponent will either 1) ignore your board and outright kill you as you have no ward 2) trade without any trouble 3) nuke your field. Otohime and Sage commander are pretty much cards of the past as far as the meta is concerned.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-01-11 at 12:36.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 15:12   Link #42
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Is this a better roll than my 2 Albert rolls?

Spoiler:

I'm currently rerolling for Control Shadow(hopefully) but keep getting only 1 copy of Lord of the Flies.....

Wouldn't mind a secondary account though. Since Sword decks are expensive to make, was wondering is this roll good enough for anything?
Old 2017-01-12, 21:08   Link #43
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I wish there is a way I can reroll on the PC game because I didn't get any legendries or anything like that
Old 2017-01-12, 23:26   Link #44
Kurohane

Just finished all the leaders stories, and it kinda left off on a depressing note for most of them. Any word on when new chapters will be released?
Old 2017-01-13, 15:32   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I wish there is a way I can reroll on the PC game because I didn't get any legendries or anything like that
As I understand (since everyone talks about it everywhere they talk about the game) there is one. Unfortunately can't help you as I've never had interest in re-rolling so never delved further then that.
Old 2017-01-18, 04:49   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I just found out that you can craft cards, even if you don't have a single copy of them, at the normal price of 50/200/800/3500 vials per. So, after some thinking, I used up ~2k vials for a really good bat deck. It's surprisingly effective (and fun), although I'm still a low-ranker at C1.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 09:42   Link #47
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I finally got an account with 13k vials after I liquefy everything(legendaries) since there's no single deck that account rolls can make.

I can finally start with necromancer already. Have one account ready to farm for Control Royal(just need about 30k vials :|), a Forte dragon account, a Dorothy Witch account, 2 accounts with enough vials at start to make Seraph Bishop and OTK Roach.

Guess I won't be sticking to one account in the meanwhile.....
Old 2017-01-18, 11:05   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Liquefying everything is not a good idea at all. Unless the card is really terrible (Skullfane for example), there is no way to tell if the card will be relevant later or not.

Also, making 1 account for 1 class is yet another bad idea because it is extremely tedious at some point, and you aren't really doing yourself a favor by juggling between them.
Just stick with one account and 1 deck and complete the rest over time.
Old 2017-01-18, 11:41   Link #49
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Must...get...all...achievements!!!!

Do the score rewards change every month? I noticed the current ones are due February.
Old 2017-01-18, 11:44   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They are pretty much the same every months. They just change the booster packs in some tier and put new sleeves. There hasn't been any return of past sleeve design, so expect to not see them ever again if you failed to get the BP rewards.
Old 2017-01-18, 12:56   Link #51
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Liquefying everything is not a good idea at all. Unless the card is really terrible (Skullfane for example), there is no way to tell if the card will be relevant later or not.

Also, making 1 account for 1 class is yet another bad idea because it is extremely tedious at some point, and you aren't really doing yourself a favor by juggling between them.
Yeah I agree with you. I started with one deck (tempo forest) and I just built up other decks since dailies, ranked rewards, elite NPC first time clear and now even the 20 private matches all give you plenty of gold/packs over time, I started back at end of October for the steam release and have at least one or two decks that I am happy with (even if not quite 100% done) besides haven but that's because I hate haven .

Personally I vial cards if I can't imagine anything causing them be viable since I've had to craft plenty of legends that I could never pull (all my Tias, Cerbs, Tsubakis, and Albert for example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Must...get...all...achievements!!!!
Good luck getting 500 ranked wins with every craft AND masters XD. I'm almost at 500 ranked wins with forest after maining it since I started ranked.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 13:46   Link #52
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

Yeah I had one of my friends do exactly that and them complain all the time that he got the 'wrong' cards on his accounts
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 14:19   Link #53
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Good luck getting 500 ranked wins with every craft AND masters XD. I'm almost at 500 ranked wins with forest after maining it since I started ranked.
I got a grand total of 66 wins, but hey, they stack up every day! Also, as a person who has earned a platinum trophy in a Musou game, I have the "grind 3 years for it" type of patience.
Old 2017-01-18, 19:37   Link #54
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:

Well, I wanted to start with necromancer but game would not give me 2x Cerberus for my first rolls so I had to keep rerolling.....and from there, got ideal rolls for some other decks instead(like how I managed to get a perfect Dorothy Witch account right from the very start without sacrificing much).

The 13k vials account rolls was really unviable at all to even go anything(one of the cards was an animated Skullfane) and the golds were shit too. It was such a poor roll but if I were to liquefy everything, I can salvage that and make a proper deck. I also wanted to experience the story mode for the other characters as well hence I thought if my rerolls could let me start with a perfect deck, I could read the stories of the other characters.

Also, I guess due to the nature of RNG in rolls, I could also see which account would be able to complete other decks fast I guess. I know it is going to be tedious but I just cannot give up on the other rolls I can make a perfect deck with from the get go(rather than starting with a budget deck). I guess more accounts means I can get used to the different play style of the other classes since I already had the optimal deck, I would not need to worry about shortcomings due to lacking essential cards that provide your win conditions like budget decks do.
Old 2017-01-19, 02:34   Link #55
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Rather than only looking at what cards you got in your initial rolls you should ask yourself whether you want several mediocre or one strong account. Splitting your efforts up between multiple accounts requires much more time for basically the same end result and your individual collections will be smaller as well. Story mode can be easily completed with pretty much any roll.

Long story short I still recommend deciding on one single account and closing all the others regardless of how good of an initial roll they had.
Old 2017-01-22, 06:58   Link #56
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Anyone taking part in the famitsu cup 2017?
Old 2017-01-22, 18:30   Link #57
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Anyone taking part in the famitsu cup 2017?
I've done EN tournaments for the game, I haven't played in any JP ran ones though like that.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 06:54   Link #58
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The new expansion, Tempest of the Gods, has been announced. Aside of the three on the page itself we know about ~10 more so far.
Old 2017-03-02, 09:19   Link #59
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Chapters 9~11 have also been added for a few factions, I'm not active enough to test their difficulty atm.
Old 2017-03-02, 10:39   Link #60
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I had to redo a couple of them, mostly because my shadow pool isn't the greatest and the AI decks are using cards from different crafts. Have fun with Nephtys into Leonidas

There is also the new Elite 2 difficulty against the AI which rewards 200 rupies for first clear on each class. Easy 1400 rupies.