AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-11-24, 03:42   Link #21
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I don't think we should focus on Kuzan just yet, at least not until we see one of the BB main 10 with his Ice power. Also, I'm starting to think this whole Wano arc will have about 4 acts. I suddenly remembered another series that had a reference to an old Edo stage play, and it had 4 acts. How many acts do they usually have anyway?
Old 2018-11-24, 03:52   Link #22
Ultragunner

Wait, are the "All Stars" the same as the "Calamities"?

I am a bit confused here
Old 2018-11-24, 05:08   Link #23
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I am a bit confused here

Yes.

"Calamities" is the title, "All star" is the name.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 07:30   Link #24
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

I am a bit confused here
My understanding is that the All-Stars are the executive officers of the Beast Pirates. Among them, the three calamaties stand out as the strongest and are considered to be the right hand men of Kaidou himself.
Old 2018-11-24, 13:27   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Mihawk telling Perona that now may be a good time to leave the island and that strange things are happening at the Reverie leads me to believe that the shichibukai system has been abolished. It's plausible the marines will be investigating his whereabouts and pay his island a visit. Hence Mihawk's concern for Perona's well being.
Old 2018-11-24, 13:58   Link #26
TURI123456

By the way King and Queen are Jack big brothers or I misunderstand it?
Old 2018-11-24, 14:11   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
By the way King and Queen are Jack big brothers or I misunderstand it?
I'm sure not in the literal sense. He addresses them as such because they're his superiors. Think of Johnny and Yosaku calling Zoro "aniki" back at Arlong Park.
Old 2018-11-24, 14:42   Link #28
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Man, with the Jojo homages popping up in the most recent Hunter x Hunter chapters, I'd actually find it pretty awesome if Oda's Queen were at least based partially on the Killer Queen stand from Jojo part 4. Sure, we've already had a couple of explosion-based DF users (Mr. 5, Gladius), but another wouldn't hurt, if you ask me....
I wasn’t necessarily referring to Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (though I’m glad you brought it up), I was was referring to the band named Queen which consisted of all male members. After seeing One Piece’s Queen, his face looks like he may have been inspired by Freddie Mercury from the very band I was talking about.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2018-11-26 at 01:14. Reason: Saw the “Queen” picture
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 16:35   Link #29
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm sure not in the literal sense. He addresses them as such because they're his superiors. Think of Johnny and Yosaku calling Zoro "aniki" back at Arlong Park.
Does he called them "aniki"? in the translation it was "Big brothers".

And only to me the King design reminds the uniform of Impel down.

by the way, how do you think Momonosuke sister was saved because it doesn't seem like one of Oden follower saved her but it/I pretty sure she still alive/survive this so someone was needed to save her who is he and why to him saved her.

could he be one from "All the star"? (perhaps not).
Old 2018-11-25, 21:21   Link #30
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Does he called them "aniki"? in the translation it was "Big brothers".
Aniki is the same as Big Brother in more casual way.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 18:03   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Mihawk telling Perona that now may be a good time to leave the island and that strange things are happening at the Reverie leads me to believe that the shichibukai system has been abolished. It's plausible the marines will be investigating his whereabouts and pay his island a visit. Hence Mihawk's concern for Perona's well being.

That's a good point about the Mihawk/Perona situation. And on a related note, if the warlord system really has been eliminated, then that means Hancock and her Kuja tribe at Amazon Lily will be in danger, as well..... and as strong as those ladies may be, they may not be able to fend off a Buster Call-level force on their own. If that's the case, then hopefully Rayleigh can make a return trip there to lend a hand in defending the place....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 13:57   Link #32
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's a good point about the Mihawk/Perona situation. And on a related note, if the warlord system really has been eliminated, then that means Hancock and her Kuja tribe at Amazon Lily will be in danger, as well..... and as strong as those ladies may be, they may not be able to fend off a Buster Call-level force on their own. If that's the case, then hopefully Rayleigh can make a return trip there to lend a hand in defending the place....
They might have to evacuate the island, which could prove problematic since, as strong as Hancock and her sisters are, the Kuja only have one ship which won't help in a naval battle (although I hope they have more by this point in time, practically speaking). And assuming she listened to Luffy mentioning the Buster Call pre-tineskip to her, making more ships before this outcome would be a smart move. She did participate in the Marineford War and seen what the Marines are capable of with their amassed firepower and the Pacifistas. Not doing so would be a very bad move.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 19:57   Link #33
Ramero

I don't think Marines can just simply hunt them if the Warlord system eliminated. Mihawk is the strongest swordsman so he can single-handedly destroy dozens of warships with just one cut. For Amazon Lily, no one seems noticed that the island got a natural defenses which is their area lies on Calm Belt. Amazon Lily could summon Sea King in purpose with baits so Marines need to be careful approaching the island. They can't take on two opponents at the same time (Sea King and Kuja Pirates).

Buggy is the only one that they can hunt since he's practically weak in natural. Weevil in the other hand can goes on rampage again to search for Shirohige's treasure (Which he didn't know that Newgate's treasure is his fellow islanders comfortable life).
Old 2018-11-29, 21:22   Link #34
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I don't think Marines can just simply hunt them if the Warlord system eliminated. Mihawk is the strongest swordsman so he can single-handedly destroy dozens of warships with just one cut. For Amazon Lily, no one seems noticed that the island got a natural defenses which is their area lies on Calm Belt. Amazon Lily could summon Sea King in purpose with baits so Marines need to be careful approaching the island. They can't take on two opponents at the same time (Sea King and Kuja Pirates).

Buggy is the only one that they can hunt since he's practically weak in natural. Weevil in the other hand can goes on rampage again to search for Shirohige's treasure (Which he didn't know that Newgate's treasure is his fellow islanders comfortable life).
Kuja are able to "summon" Sea Kings? Charming.

They still have seastone lining the bottom of their ships, the Navy. Even then, it wouldn't help even if the sea kings notice them since Vice Admirals would be assigned to a Buster Call, and the one that came near Amazon Lily, Momonga, was no pushover as one dead Sea King could attest.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 21:56   Link #35
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Kuja are able to "summon" Sea Kings? Charming.

They still have seastone lining the bottom of their ships, the Navy. Even then, it wouldn't help even if the sea kings notice them since Vice Admirals would be assigned to a Buster Call, and the one that came near Amazon Lily, Momonga, was no pushover as one dead Sea King could attest.
They can, actually but of course with baits and since Sea Kings don't want to attack Kuja ship because of the snake twins. Additionally if Amazon Lily possess knowledge of Sea Kings, they may can use it for their advantage even they can't literally call for help.

True, but they will got hard time to deal with Amazon Lily and disorientation can happen so the focus can be broken with appearance of Sea King alone.
Old 2018-11-30, 12:30   Link #36
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Aniki is the same as Big Brother in more casual way.
yes, I know that but in the translating usually, leave it as Aniki if in the RAW registered Aniki no?