AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-30, 00:19   Link #21
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

First up- this show is licenced even before its broadcast release. Don't know wheter that should count in its favour since a distributor made a wild bet on a show no one has seen before.

From the first ep seen the basic concept of the show is as follows: we have a pair of teens coming across a very cute and nude catgirl one sunny day on the beach. Save for being monosyllabic like Chii [says only Nyuu- hence her name], very hungry and with no toilet training she's mostly harmless. So they take her home, dress her up and teach her to be a normal Jap. girl. Pretty standard and stuck to formula no?

Unfortunately, that's only half the show Nyuu has a split personality called Lucy [who is quite paranoid and mad], and is infact an escaped bioweapon with brutal telekinetic powers. The first 10 minutes of this show features violent death in every permutation [pen stabbing, dismembering, vital organs torn out of body]. This one beats the Berserk, Genocyber and Fist of north star killing spree with the most tastelessly amazing animation in recent memory. I'm not counting in the hardcore commando with short fuse tasked on getting her back dead or alive- no doubt this show will be even bloodier later.

What's really good? how this show flawlessly switches from the mad slayer setting to that of a standard fare shoujo anime. Make no mistake, it's underlying theme is both extremely dark and sugar cute as well. Personally didn't think something like this was possible to pull off but somehow works very well here.

Am keeping up with this one anyway despite the near zero chance it'll be subbed because of this contrast. Love the music, very haunting .
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 00:36   Link #22
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I thought this show would be a carbon copy of DearS. Damn, how wrong can I be?! The first episode alone is enough to convince me to check out the DVDs.

Should be worth the wait.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 01:16   Link #23
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I thought this show would be a carbon copy of DearS. Damn, how wrong can I be?! The first episode alone is enough to convince me to check out the DVDs.

Should be worth the wait.
It basically takes the 'kid finds beautiful girl genre' and makes it 'what if that beautiful girl was a psycho killing machine'.

It's kind of like the Narutaru but instead of twisting the cute Pokemonish type char genre it goes for the beautiful girl genre.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 04:25   Link #24
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Maybe this one should be refered to as my "Girlfriend is usually a Deranged Psychokinetic Superweapon" . That'll get people to watch.

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:15   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Maybe this one should be refered to as my "Girlfriend is usually a Deranged Psychokinetic Superweapon" . That'll get people to watch.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 04:43   Link #26
nero.anike

Thumbs up

i loved this. you may have super powers to kill and break sea shells, but you still gotta pee. i hope adv doesnt take too long with this anime.
nero.anike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 11:05   Link #27
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Hmm... i get to know this series somewhere... (Forgot)

Anyway, i did get to its Official website, I couln't read Jap. language so i just view around the site, but i wasn't inform that this "Elfen Lied" is such a violent series...

Thanks to you all, i get some info and cut scene of this title... I must admit, this is one of the most cruel blood spliting show.

At first i thought this is just one romance and abit fantasy show. Boy, who would imagine that this is such violent anime.

Got to get its series... hmm.... since is new, i doubt that the market around my place has it yet... have to wait for a couple of months i think....

I hate violent show but i do like some of them, such as Tsukihime.
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 19:02   Link #28
zepher

well well, this is THE BIG surprise of the season...i've been looking at the site every so often, been waiting for it to air and all...and i expected something like DearS....oh boy was i ever wrong, like everyone here, unless they read the manga...but damn, this show is interesting.

And looking at the site...it seems that i's gonna be 13 eps? that's good, short and sweet, also keeps the art quality higher then if it were a 26 ep show.

Spoiler:

that site is evil....why does it have to lie like that?

zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:42   Link #29
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 2, not as bloody as episode 1 but stil good. ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:

Spoiler for ep 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 09:57   Link #30
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler:
Maybe we'll get to see that when it airs on a different channel. Personally, I hope it gets aired completely uncensored. }:]
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 10:10   Link #31
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
hmm...this is the scene that ruined this first ep for me. If it had been omitted or even handled differently I may have said the first ep was promising at least. The violence didn't bother me at all, but that scene did...

Like Dreamless said, it does seem like a darker more challenging version of Konomini, but pretty familiar all the same. Not sure about this one really, I get the impression it'll just descend into a bloodbath...
now that I have flipped through the available manga volumes, I have to say unless they completely modify the plots in the manga, this series definitely won't just be a bloodbath... the manga has to be some of the most disturbing and tragic series I have read recently, there seems to be just more and more tragedies one after another... not to spoil anything big let's just say it can be REALLY cruel to its characters... and Lucy is reaaaaally one BIG BADA$$ PSYCHO KILLER. The so-called "Evil Hikari" in Konomini holds no candle when compared to Lucy's cruelty, lunacy and evilness...

All bow to the EVIL Goddess Lucy!!!

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-03 at 10:33.
Old 2004-08-03, 10:29   Link #32
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I agree completely. ^^
Spoiler for ep 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 11:41   Link #33
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I agree completely. ^^
Spoiler for ep 2:
It's kinda sad , but...

Spoiler:
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 17:19   Link #34
zepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
now that I have flipped through the available manga volumes, I have to say unless they completely modify the plots in the manga, this series definitely won't just be a bloodbath... the manga has to be some of the most disturbing and tragic series I have read recently, there seems to be just more and more tragedies one after another... not to spoil anything big let's just say it can be REALLY cruel to its characters... and Lucy is reaaaaally one BIG BADA$$ PSYCHO KILLER. The so-called "Evil Hikari" in Konomini holds no candle when compared to Lucy's cruelty, lunacy and evilness...

All bow to the EVIL Goddess Lucy!!!

sounds good, i cant wait
zepher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 12:45   Link #35
P-Virus
ナイトメア

nerver mind
P-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 20:46   Link #36
Rias

Actually...
Spoiler:

Is it only 13 epsiode planned? I hope there would be more, the manga does get more intresting as it goes on...
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 20:52   Link #37
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
Actually...

Spoiler:

[/spoiler]
Only read ch 1 of manga, that spoiler sounded cryptic and creepy . Makes me want to wait for an undetermined amount of time in uncomfortable anticipation for the rest to be scanlated.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 21:07   Link #38
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias
Actually...
[spoiler] You might think that Nyuu/Lucy is some bioweapon created..
Spoiler:

Is it only 13 epsiode planned? I hope there would be more, the manga does get more intresting as it goes on...
Actually,
Spoiler:

And yes, it is only 13 episodes according to the official site.

Shameless plug: Read what I translated of the official site's synopsis at http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...content&id=891
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 23:06   Link #39
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow
Only read ch 1 of manga, that spoiler sounded cryptic and creepy . Makes me want to wait for an undetermined amount of time in uncomfortable anticipation for the rest to be scanlated.
If the anime follows the manga, you'll be in for a BIG surprise when you see what happened
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-05, 00:26   Link #40
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

wow cool

blood & gore. they should have shown gantz on whatever channel that aired this show
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen