AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 08:37   Link #1
SummeryDreams

Life

What do you want to achieve before you die? Or what sort of things that you want in your life to happen for you to say that 'I've live a really good life and I'm ready to die'? For me, to be able to help a significant amout of people with their lives (I don't care if they will recognized me, but just to satisfy/convince myself that I did it), I mean be a reason for them to be living happily in the world. I want a significant amount of people though, not just one person, one family. Help may vary from financial, emotional, or other ways for me to be able to make them happy. Now what's your life goal?
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 09:19   Link #2
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

For now, all I can say is that I'll be very happy to see my daughter graduate high school. I'm doing my very best to stay alive until then.

Endless "Goals" Soul
Old 2013-08-25, 09:25   Link #3
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
For now, all I can say is that I'll be very happy to see my daughter graduate high school. I'm doing my very best to stay alive until then.

Endless "Goals" Soul
Wow! that's really a nice goal. Anyway, is she doing good? Not so much like those other kids over there? Why not college then by the way? If you don't mind me asking though.
Old 2013-08-25, 09:34   Link #4
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

She starts 1st grade next week. So far she seems to be doing great with her learning. She reads books on her own, is doing 2nd grade level math, etc.

Of course I'd like to see her get a Masters or PhD in a field of her choice, but the way my health is, I'll consider myself lucky to see her graduate high school.

Endless "Goals" Soul
Old 2013-08-25, 10:10   Link #5
SummeryDreams

Quote:
She starts 1st grade next week. So far she seems to be doing great with her learning. She reads books on her own, is doing 2nd grade level math, etc.

Of course I'd like to see her get a Masters or PhD in a field of her choice, but the way my health is, I'll consider myself lucky to see her graduate high school.

Endless "Goals" Soul
You seem to have some kind of a degenerative disease? Mind sharing something? Maybe I might be of that health, I'm a nurse by the way. (willing to help)
Old 2013-08-25, 10:21   Link #6
Haiprbim
Banned

What I want to try in my life... heh, that's a huge list, I'm 16 years old.

- Try publishing my first three Novels (At least one would be great).
- Try out as a Model, many people have suggested me to try it since I fit the role nicely.
- Attend various Otaku Festivals and Events.
- Try myself as a Voice Actor, I was suggested that by a few fellow friends as well.
- Visit Japan already, god dammit! xD
- Visit some of the high-level animators at Studio Ghibli, A-1 Pictures, J.C. Staff, KyoAni, and such.
- Maybe start a company by myself and lead it, it was always my dream to be the director and owner of a successful company (Since you don't know me, it's hard to tell how big the success rate is :P).
- But first and the "most important", as elders would say, is to finish school. I'm currently visiting the secondary school (gymnasium) and am then going to the university. At least 7 years of school are left in front of me before starting to earn my own money for real, not just summer jobs.

Well, I've got a lot, a lot more to share, but that would be too much to share. xD
I hope this will have to do.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:37   Link #7
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
What I want to try in my life... heh, that's a huge list, I'm 16 years old.

- Try publishing my first three Novels (At least one would be great).
- Try out as a Model, many people have suggested me to try it since I fit the role nicely.
- Attend various Otaku Festivals and Events.
- Try myself as a Voice Actor, I was suggested that by a few fellow friends as well.
- Visit Japan already, god dammit! xD
- Visit some of the high-level animators at Studio Ghibli, A-1 Pictures, J.C. Staff, KyoAni, and such.
- Maybe start a company by myself and lead it, it was always my dream to be the director and owner of a successful company (Since you don't know me, it's hard to tell how big the success rate is :P).
- But first and the "most important", as elders would say, is to finish school. I'm currently visiting the secondary school (gymnasium) and am then going to the university. At least 7 years of school are left in front of me before starting to earn my own money for real, not just summer jobs.

Well, I've got a lot, a lot more to share, but that would be too much to share. xD
I hope this will have to do.
That's one great dream! Actually, to be in Japan is my in dreams for years up until now. xD Though this is not something I crave before I die (not stated above), I really do like to have my own family in Japan and live there. By the way, you should try that modeling and voice actor thing, you know, it's best to do things even if you aren't so sure you'll succeed than not doing it. xD My girlfriend always want to be a model, and run some pageants, and it frustrates here that some kind of medicine had scarred her legs, so it's kind of frustrating for her.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:58   Link #8
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Stay positive, dude! I'm sure you can do it. An endless stream of well wishes from all of us here in AnimeSuki who know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
What do you want to achieve before you die? Or what sort of things that you want in your life to happen for you to say that 'I've live a really good life and I'm ready to die'?
At 38, and at where I am in my career, I no longer have a specific goal in mind. And that's a good thing actually, because up until recently, the constant feeling that I was underachieving was seriously hurting my self-esteem.

I don't like talking about that part of my life, because unless people can appreciate the context, it'll come across as though I am boasting about my past. The simple thing is that I've had a privileged life. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but I certainly did have it better than some friends, thanks to my hardworking parents.

Every child is different. Some children might grow up spoilt by such an environment. I grew up instead with a very strong sense of responsibility, a deep sense that I owe it to my parents to do the best I possibly can. They didn't ask anything of me — the motivation was entirely self-driven.

I did well in school, up until a certain point. Then I got distracted, and things fell apart. Although I haven't done badly by any means, there was a time when looking at some of my peers would frequently make me wonder, where have I gone wrong?

It was only recently that I'd been able to put all that behind me, when I found myself truly able to say: "You know what? I don't care any more. I love my job, I think I do it very well, and I find a lot of meaning in what I do.

"So what if I'm not a millionaire or a captain of industry or a top civil servant? The truth is that I'd never actually been keen in money or status — they were merely petty things I thought society thought I needed to match my abilities."

"I thought wrong. Society doesn't care an iota how I feel. Neither do I owe it to society to be someone I am not. I am comfortable in my own skin, and society will just have to make do with what I have to offer."

=======

So, if you were to ask me today what I hope to achieve, I'd tell you nothing in particular. And it's immensely liberating. My focus is simply to do whatever I'm doing to the best of my ability and whenever I find that I'm not enjoying myself, I know it's time to look for something new.

I'd like to keep my health, of course, and that's something I should start investing time and effort on very soon, after having taken it for granted for a number of years.

And though I've become extremely comfortable with being a swinging bachelor, I still hope to meet someone who is able light up my life. Such individuals are extremely rare, so truth be told, I'm in no hurry.

That's it really. I'm taking each day as it comes and enjoying each moment as much as I can, with strong confidence in my personal values and my self-worth. I've got no definite plans for the future and, believe me, that's already an achievement in itself.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:09   Link #9
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Stay positive, dude! I'm sure you can do it. An endless stream of well wishes from all of us here in AnimeSuki who know you.

At 38, and at where I am in my career, I no longer have a specific goal in mind. And that's a good thing actually, because up until recently, the constant feeling that I was underachieving was seriously hurting my self-esteem.

I don't like talking about that part of my life, because unless people can appreciate the context, it'll come across as though I am boasting about my past. The simple thing is that I've had a privileged life. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but I certainly did have it better than some friends, thanks to my hardworking parents.

Every child is different. Some children might grow up spoilt by such an environment. I grew up instead with a very strong sense of responsibility, a deep sense that I owe it to my parents to do the best I possibly can. They didn't ask anything of me — the motivation was entirely self-driven.

I did well in school, up until a certain point. Then I got distracted, and things fell apart. Although I haven't done badly by any means, there was a time when looking at some of my peers would frequently make me wonder, where have I gone wrong?

It was only recently that I'd been able to put all that behind me, when I found myself truly able to say: "You know what? I don't care any more. I love my job, I think I do it very well, and I find a lot of meaning in what I do.

"So what if I'm not a millionaire or a captain of industry or a top civil servant? The truth is that I'd never actually been keen in money or status — they were merely petty things I thought society thought I needed to match my abilities."

"I thought wrong. Society doesn't care an iota how I feel. Neither do I owe it to society to be someone I am not. I am comfortable in my own skin, and society will just have to make do with what I have to offer."

=======

So, if you were to ask me today what I hope to achieve, I'd tell you nothing in particular. And it's immensely liberating. My focus is simply to do whatever I'm doing to the best of my ability and whenever I find that I'm not enjoying myself, I know it's time to look for something new.

I'd like to keep my health, of course, and that's something I should start investing time and effort on very soon, after having taken it for granted for a number of years.

And though I've become extremely comfortable with being a swinging bachelor, I still hope to meet someone who is able light up my life. Such individuals are extremely rare, so truth be told, I'm in no hurry.

That's it really. I'm taking each day as it comes and enjoying each moment as much as I can, with strong confidence in my personal values and my self-worth. I've got no definite plans for the future and, believe me, that's already an achievement in itself.
That's one good achievement there. Apart from my goal to be able to be that of a help to humanity, I want my own family. It's simple for others, but for me that's a goal that I'd be very happy with. Hopefully I can attain that. So I guess it's kind of similar to yours, anyway, no dream is so little and everything is worth striving for for as long as you really like it. Good luck to us all.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:59   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

Endless "Goals" Soul
Don't worry! If anything happens, I'll marry her and take care of her!

And I will take care of my future father-in-law - *IS SHOT*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

Wish I had your train of thought. My parents treated me like how a fund manager treats the firm he/she invests in - always expecting the best. Late speech development pissed them off despite having an accelerated reading ability; apparently reading about the Gulf War at 2/3 and asking about the "Computer War" wasn't enough. They never believed my piano teacher who suspected that I am dyslexic with ADD, possibly mild Aspergers', they simply thought I was lazy.

Fail a test? More tuition.

Disrupt the class by asking "outlandish" and "unnecessary" questions? Shouted at for the next hour.

Got into a fight in school? Caning.

They were so happy when I got into the GEP, only to be rejected by "special" schools because I couldn't pass the language portion. My sister got into the top class with higher Chinese while I was struggling with it and oral English. After missing the Special Stream in PSLE, I really lost interest to study - everything went downhill.

I am still struggling with "rote learning" at this age - I could easily forget what is being taught to me in class, but I can remember almost anything I read with detailed understanding of how chemical mechanisms, Physics concepts and economic theories - but it is always so difficult to explain it to others coherently because every question seems so......general.

And there you go. 20 years of reading, thousands of books, and not a single bit of detail appreciated by anyone in my family. What makes it worse is every one of it craving my attention wanting to be analysed and dissected; the only way I can shut them off is to bury myself in work. It affects me in sleep and sports (with the exception of shooting and delicate tasks like driving jeweler screws or wiring an explosive charge).

But one thing I am glad for - I have friends. Even if they are not free, I have the library and my computer. Though what I wish for is more thinking people to converse with, not some puritan bastard who feels insulted when a guy protects his potty-mouthed yet passionate friend using Newspeak and making everyone look retarded when they pick it up.*

* - I admit. It was REALLY fun. Go try it on the next guy who is adverse to the word "fuck" and "bloody hell"!

Shakespearan is equally humourous, but must be iterated in pure Old English. Terms like "Hath", "Thou", "Ne'er", "Thy" and "Thee" have to pronounced properly for the maximum effect.

Interestingly, Indians are never offended by this. And I have rarely met Indians enforcing bowlderised English.

Quote:
You said it. The greatest freedom you can grant to yourself, is to be able to set your own prices to sell to the person interested in you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:34   Link #11
EscapeReality

To leave something behind that the future generations will find helpful or inspiring.
EscapeReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:56   Link #12
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

mine are pretty simplistic:

1: save up money to buy a house.
2: marry & have children
3: see my little brother and little sister grow up and be happy with their own agenda.
4: make as much as 3000 wallpapers before I die and then make a slideshow with ALL of them (no, i'm serious). Art is LIFE!
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
5: enjoy all the Vietnamese cooking and treats.
6: visit Japan one of these days.

7: finish up Xefizyxen's Sanctuary story (this one is hard since I don't have much time and motivation. it's basically a story I made up with Xefi as one of the main character).
yeah, this one might sounded a little silly, but I do plan on trying to finish it up. i gotten down
all the paths and character's profiles. it'll definitely takes a life time for me to finish this goal.

characters use for reference. i'll update this with the rest of crews later on. expect it
to fill up with 2600x1600 resolution.
Images
the last battle between the two strongest in the story. -----> even more story afterward. a VERY long story.
Images

that's all i got in life. i don't need anything else to satisfy my existence.
Old 2013-08-25, 14:04   Link #13
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
mine are pretty simplistic:

1: save up money to buy a house.
2: marry & have children
3: see my little brother and little sister grow up and be happy with their own agenda.
4: make as much as 3000 wallpapers before I die and then make a slideshow with ALL of them (no, i'm serious). Art is LIFE!
Images
5: enjoy all the Vietnamese cooking and treats.
6: visit Japan one of these days.

7: finish up Xefizyxen's Sanctuary story (this one is hard since I don't have much time and motivation. it's basically a story I made up with Xefi as one of the main character).
yeah, this one might sounded a little silly, but I do plan on trying to finish it up. i gotten down
all the paths and character's profiles. it'll definitely takes a life time for me to finish this goal.

characters use for reference. i'll update this with the rest of crews later on. expect it
to fill up with 2600x1600 resolution.
Images
the last battle between the two strongest in the story. -----> even more story afterward. a VERY long story.
Images

that's all i got in life. i don't need anything else to satisfy my existence.
I wish I could create something like this. Really good. Actually I have this very interesting story in mind, really unique (love story), the thing is I want to give it a shot for my own manga, but the problem is, I guess I can't draw as good as this one. Yes I can draw, but having difficulties in angling and emotions. Pretty much having difficulties as well remaking an identical character.
Old 2013-08-25, 18:04   Link #14
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Xefi: Good luck on that Vietnamese Cuisine Quest! But careful, you might bite more than you want to!

My dream? Still looking for it. It's not really a question for two 7-years old children. My twin, he want to do something that could made his name echo through history. And me? Just want a harmony life and enjoy all the fruit of it! But maybe something that could help the place where my father came from: An agriculture province. Probaly I will open a farm, or become a biology engineer.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 18:46   Link #15
El Guapo
Dave's not here, man

I think I would like to be able to say that I have fans. Not necessarily a kajillion of them; just a group of people who aren't among my friends or family who think that the stuff I make is interesting enough to drop what they're doing for a small amount of time and pay attention to what I've done.

I've been making music, writing, designing games (more recently) and doing various other THINGS that I just sort of create and toss off into space with the hope that sooner or later somebody might come across it and think it's neat. I don't expect to be rich and/or famous at this point in my life, but it would be nice to have a small contingent of people who take an interest in what I do, and maybe make some money off my projects as well; maybe enough to cut down to part time at my day job, or even quit entirely.

On the more practical front, I'd like to be able to earn enough money to maybe buy a small house or a condo or something. I don't really expect to have kids at this point, but I haven't ruled it out completely. That's the sort of bridge I'll cross if and when I get to it.

Mostly, overall, I think I would just like to be able to make enough money to own a place to live, maintain the lifestyle I want to live (not that extravagant, really; I just buy a lot of manga and anime), and maybe retire at some point. To be able to do the things I like to do, maybe get paid for them, or at least not hate my job, I guess.

Also, people may find this relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkmHnswr0yk

http://www.therealmuffin.net

http://music.therealmuffin.net</plug>
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:32   Link #16
Dr. Casey

Very interesting thread so far. I especially enjoyed the insight into Saintess' and RedLeaf's backgrounds.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 00:21   Link #17
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Honestly, the most I can hope for is that our species as a whole doesn't destroy the Earth for future generations.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 04:33   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, life goals? Call me lazy but I'm not aiming at anything...

Your average person locks on a specific area of expertise and usually tries to become the best in it, or adopt a casual social profile of married white-collar worker who attends both business meetings and neighborhood events while raising a child or two.

In contrast, I'm just happy with what I've got: a healthy mind and body (well, sans the eyesight), a close family and enough knowledge to get a job. Yes, eventually everyone will go their separate ways and I'll have to go through some changes, but that's just something that comes naturally, it's not something I have to set my sights on.

I've already lived a happy life; keeping it happy is what I do next.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 04:39   Link #19
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
What do you want to achieve before you die?
I don't know..... Who knows where my life will lead me. I can say "I want this and that" but still not happy after all. I just want to be me happy with my life. Yeah, I want to be happy living my life not knowing what it is that will give me happiness...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 12:11   Link #20
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Honestly, the most I can hope for is that our species as a whole doesn't destroy the Earth for future generations.
A sentence, but well said. Hopefully like seriously hopefully.