AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-06, 14:23   Link #41
Helius

The BDs must've been selling like hotcakes to warrant such awesome treatment.

It's not to say Psycho-Pass doesn't deserve a sequel, because it does, but I find it surprising it's THAT popular in Japan considering the benchmark nowadys. I guess the Urobutcher Gen factor is not to be sniffed at.
Old 2013-09-06, 15:23   Link #42
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
All I want to know is if Urobuchi is still writing the story.
This is what I'm mostly curious about as well.

Also: I'll be severely disappointed if the Sybil System doesn't take the focus of the second season culminating with the movie to finally change something about the world. Is it clichéd? Yeah, a bit but I'm actually not against a well used cliché from time to time.
Old 2013-09-06, 16:12   Link #43
Shadow5YA

I really hope this isn't another case Darker than Black season 2.

That said, I'll be looking forward to Kana Hanazawa play hardened veteran Akane. It should be an interesting role outside of her usual typecasting.
Old 2013-09-06, 18:29   Link #44
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woun View Post
Trailer:
I really liked the music for this, and it did a pretty good job of recapping Season 1. A little bit disappointed that no new content was shown in this, though. Still, not a bad first trailer.
Old 2013-09-06, 19:49   Link #45
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder if the movie will be just a compilation and second season will be the actual sequel?
Old 2013-09-06, 20:00   Link #46
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I wonder if the movie will be just a compilation and second season will be the actual sequel?
Saw on another forum that it's supposedly been confirmed to NOT be a compilation movie.
Old 2013-09-07, 18:22   Link #47
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This is what I'm mostly curious about as well.

Also: I'll be severely disappointed if the Sybil System doesn't take the focus of the second season culminating with the movie to finally change something about the world. Is it clichéd? Yeah, a bit but I'm actually not against a well used cliché from time to time.
I doubt Kogami will be the antagonist like Makishima was. I doubt he'd turn into the criminal he despised so much. Not to mention his relationship with Akane. Maybe he'll become an anarchist and help overthrow Sybil? I'm interested in how the new girl will fit into all this.
Old 2013-09-08, 23:15   Link #48
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

great season 2 obviously be a direct of first season sequel but to the film ... an epilogue OR a prequel
so yeah possible story of film is the case where Sasayama died
Old 2013-09-09, 04:49   Link #49
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
The BDs must've been selling like hotcakes to warrant such awesome treatment.

It's not to say Psycho-Pass doesn't deserve a sequel, because it does, but I find it surprising it's THAT popular in Japan considering the benchmark nowadys. I guess the Urobutcher Gen factor is not to be sniffed at.
I don't think it's really that popular. I would say its moreso because all other Production I.G series have been flopping lately.. Guilty Crown, and on a lesser note, Suisei.
Old 2013-09-15, 20:49   Link #50
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I don't think it's really that popular. I would say its moreso because all other Production I.G series have been flopping lately.. Guilty Crown, and on a lesser note, Suisei.
Guilty Crown and Suisei are hardly flops:
Gargantia vol 1: 9,307
Guilty Crown: 7,688

And then there's attack on titan that's a major hit.

But even if they were all flops they've all got different production committees from Psycho pass so their results doesn't really impact PP anyway.
Old 2013-09-15, 20:54   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The film might also be a recap of the first season.
Old 2013-09-15, 21:03   Link #52
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
The film might also be a recap of the first season.
Hope we get those ONLY IN MOVIE version of THAT SCENE...
Old 2013-09-15, 22:36   Link #53
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Hey, it's possible.

1st Key Visual of Season 2

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2013-09-17 at 21:55.
Old 2013-09-22, 03:27   Link #54
Traece
:cool:

Personally what I want to see the most from the second season of Psycho Pass is another great female lead. Akane was a great character and a nice break from the lack of intelligent and capable female leads. If we don't get more of her, or another capable character, I'll go back to 'tsk tsk'ing the industry for bad character writing.

Also, I personally hope that Kogami does take something of an antagonist role as an 'anarchist' as was suggested earlier. What I want to see the most, though, is Akane taking down the Sybil system herself. Kogami following in Makishima's footsteps, albeit nonviolent, wouldn't be quite as entertaining as her getting to do it.

What ended up being the sales for Psycho Pass in Japan, as well as it's overall reception? I was under the impression that it did pretty well, and especially with them having greenlit the second season so quickly.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:27   Link #55
GDB

I really don't see Kougami becoming the next Makishima. At his core he's good, and he understands the necessity for Sybil. However, I do see him potentially taking up a role similar to Frank Castle or a Dark Knight Returns Batman.
Old 2013-09-29, 12:29   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I really don't see Kougami becoming the next Makishima. At his core he's good, and he understands the necessity for Sybil.
Sybil's not necessary. There's plenty of countries and societies in the world that work fine without Sybil (including real world Japan, and even Psycho-Pass Japan in that not-so-distant past).

Could I see Kougami become as evil as Makishima? No.

But could I see him trying to take down Sybil? Yes.
Old 2013-09-29, 19:28   Link #57
GDB

Implication in season 1 was that the rest of the world basically fell to near-anarchy or whatever, and Sybil was the only thing keeping Japan afloat. They didn't even want to let foreigners in because it could disturb the peace they had, and they knew foreigners would want in since it was so peaceful.
Old 2013-09-30, 02:58   Link #58
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lengthy time-skip when it rolls around and/or Akane ends up being an antagonist herself.
I would so, so much love having this contemptible coward as an antagonist, being forced to finally face her own hypocrisy !
Old 2013-09-30, 04:39   Link #59
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Akane would be a horrible antagonist. Kougami would be a badass protagonist if he shove his gun into Akane.
Old 2013-09-30, 07:30   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Implication in season 1 was that the rest of the world basically fell to near-anarchy or whatever,
The whole hyperoats method of taking down Sybil threw that implication out the window. The whole point behind the "poison the hyperoats supply" is that it would force Sybil to import food from other countries in order to feed its people, which would force Sybil Japan to open itself up to the rest of the world.

Now, think about this for a bit.

If the rest of the world has fallen to near-anarchy, then how will the rest of the world have both the food supply and the basic wherewithal to send massive quantities of food into Japan?

Clearly, there must be at least some countries outside of Japan doing Ok if they would have the means to send massive quantities of food into Japan.

Also keep this in mind - Part of the idea here is that the people of Sybil Japan rubbing shoulders with food dispensers from other countries will show the people of Sybil Japan that there are different and legitimate ways to organize a nation and a society. In other words, the hope is that they'll say and think "Hey, these foreigners aren't so bad. They're helping us! They're civilized. They seem psychologically Ok to me. And they tell me that there's no Sibyl where they live. Do we really need Sibyl then?"

The farther and farther we went into Psycho-Pass Season 1, the more Sybil Japan made me think of a cyberpunk, futuristic version of North Korea. A country so comprehensively cut off from the rest of the world that it makes it impossible to make country-to-country comparisons, and so Glorious Leader (or Sybil, in Psycho-Pass' case) is the only form of government many of them know.

Sybil Japan keeping out foreigners may well have more to do with keeping their population in the dark about other forms of government that are still working today than it has to do with keeping out the poor.