AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 18:51   Link #1
Knox

Blood+ TV Series

So, who here's watching it?

I recently started with the series and got up to date with the anime within a week. I think the story is really deep and engaging and the animation is just beautiful.

So yeah, it's a thumbs up from me.

Oh and also, would anyone recomend seeing the movie; Blood: The last vampire before I continue with the series, or is it not really neccessary?
Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:54   Link #2
mycen

Blood+ TV Series

I couldn't find the old Blood+ thread so I started a new one...
If the original thread is found or restored please merge with this new thread..

Ep11 Screencaps and Summary

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2005/12/17/blood-11/
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:55   Link #3
Yuiichi
Retired.

Yay for Blood! It's one of the series that I'm enjoying watching the most.

As for your question about Blood: The Last Vampire; although I haven't seen it myself, a friend tells me that it's not absolutely necessary to watch it first. It would probably provide a little bit of backstory and maybe allow you to be privvy to some insider info that they talk about in the show as well. Other than that, Blood + seems to be a good standalone anime.
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 18:58   Link #4
Knox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
Yay for Blood! It's one of the series that I'm enjoying watching the most.

As for your question about Blood: The Last Vampire; although I haven't seen it myself, a friend tells me that it's not absolutely necessary to watch it first. It would probably provide a little bit of backstory and maybe allow you to be privvy to some insider info that they talk about in the show as well. Other than that, Blood + seems to be a good standalone anime.
Yeah, I think I might check it out just for the hell of it. I mean I've got 2 weeks off school, what else to do? WEll other than hit 60 on warcraft. :P

I agree with you about it being a series that I enjoy watching the most. I just wish I could find some other animes that apeal to me as much as this and bleach.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:17   Link #5
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox
So, who here's watching it?

I recently started with the series and got up to date with the anime within a week. I think the story is really deep and engaging and the animation is just beautiful.

So yeah, it's a thumbs up from me.

Oh and also, would anyone recomend seeing the movie; Blood: The last vampire before I continue with the series, or is it not really neccessary?
The movie is pretty short -- about 40 minutes total..
Though interesting.. it is definatley not necessary to watch that before this series..
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:59   Link #6
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Awsome show, although I havn't seen the movie....

Although it would be nice to see Saya actually do something, Hagi can't kill them, he can beat the crap out of them, but he can't kill them....

Also, is Hagi a Chiropteran?
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:38   Link #7
ShellyKukai

The thread is back

About Haji...
Spoiler:
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:07   Link #8
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyKukai
The thread is back

About Haji...
Spoiler:
Actually, this has nothing to do with whether Haji is a Chiropteran or not

Spoiler:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:20   Link #9
XXaNg31oFd34tHXX

i've been wondering this for awhile, but does anyone know if haji is more than just a servant to saya?
XXaNg31oFd34tHXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:50   Link #10
ShellyKukai

We don't really know the extent of thier past relationship but it seems like it must have been pretty deep.
I looked up that defenition as well.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 01:42   Link #11
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Episode 11 was great
Spoiler:
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 06:52   Link #12
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I just started this Series and I really enjoy it... Can't wait to catch up ^_^"
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 07:43   Link #13
Knox

Does anyone know what day the Shinsen Subs release of Blood+ comes out. Coz I've just downloaded all the ones that were out and watched them, so it'd be nice to know the release day of the rest of the series so I can get it as soon as possible. :P
Old 2005-12-19, 10:51   Link #14
Yuiichi
Retired.

Shinsen doesn't really seem to have a release schedual. They release whenever they feel like it And this is fine with me; their releases are excellent.

As for Haji - he hasn't always seemed to have that Chiropetan arm, as we saw in a flashback. I think that their relationship was a lot deeper in the past. We'll have to wait and see more flashbacks.

What I'm wondering is what Delta 67 is. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Yuiichi; 2005-12-19 at 11:05.
Old 2005-12-19, 11:04   Link #15
Knox

Quote:
Shinsen doesn't really seem to have a release schedual. They release whenever they feel like it And this is fine with me; their releases are excellent.

As for Haji - he hasn't always seemed to have that Chiropetan arm, as we saw in a flashback. I think that their relationship was a lot deeper in the past. We'll have to wait and see more flashbacks.

What I'm wondering is what Delta 69 (or is it 67?) is. Anyone have any ideas?
From what I can gather, Delta 67 is the drug the US Army used to turn people into Chiproten(sp?).

What is confusing me is the whole wine thing.
Old 2005-12-19, 15:18   Link #16
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Yeah, no clue what that wine is all about... at first I thought they'd smuggle the D67 in it, but then it was said, that they ordered the Wine from some company...
But wasn't it shipped from Vietnam? Maybe they really smuggled at least an important ingredient.

At first I thought D67 is just Blood from a Chiropteran, but that was disproven when that Candy Guy said something about "I want to see the Delta 67 you're making"...

Well... I'm looking forward to more
A really interesting series :O
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 17:18   Link #17
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

Quote:
What I'm wondering is what Delta 67 is. Anyone have any ideas?

Delta 67 seems to be a drug developed to turn people into Chiropterans, probably to try to use them as military weapons since the Army seems to be the ones experimenting with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamion
Yeah, no clue what that wine is all about... at first I thought they'd smuggle the D67 in it, but then it was said, that they ordered the Wine from some company...
But wasn't it shipped from Vietnam? Maybe they really smuggled at least an important ingredient.

Going from my memory of previous episodes, it looks like they may have brought D67 into Japan hidden in a shipment of wine. The winery in VietNam is owned by a French company and the Candy Man seems to be French (at least I see him that way). Pure conjecture here: the Army probably places an order thru a wine distributor for a certain label, vintage, year etc. of wine from the Vietnam winery. The distributor wouldn't even know it wasn't truly wine. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:52   Link #18
SirHellsing420

This is a great series and I have been enjoying it much. The wine subject is still a mystery to me as well, but hopefully that'll be answered soon. As for the recent episodes, does anyone else feel the story about the Phantom is dragging a little bit too long?....
SirHellsing420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 20:57   Link #19
jewbagel
-!-

Send a message via AIM to jewbagel
I love this series, one of my new favourites. Great plot thus far, very good characters and well, the music is just the best I've heard in any anime series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHellsing420
This is a great series and I have been enjoying it much. The wine subject is still a mystery to me as well, but hopefully that'll be answered soon. As for the recent episodes, does anyone else feel the story about the Phantom is dragging a little bit too long?....
I've enjoyed the Phantom story so far, but I agree it should be settled soon. Seeing Saya back in a somewhat normal school setting again was nice. Although I feel the Phantom is someone important so it could go on for a bit more.
jewbagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:59   Link #20
Yuiichi
Retired.

In the flash back scenes with Saya, you always see her leading the Chiropteran but now she seems completely the opposite; a Chiropteran hunter.

I'm thinking that maybe the government was using her as well as the Chiropteran as weapons before. Or maybe they listen to her just because her blood kills them. Hmm.. what do you guys think about this?

Tags
action, supernatural