AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-10, 14:58   Link #1421
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
have you ever seen a really rich person that was doing macjobs for money?
In anime? Azumanga Diaoh's Chiyo-chan comes to mind immediately with her and "Osaka" working fastfood during the summer at least two years in a row. Chiyo-chan, being 10 years old, has a very large house on a big lot and a summer home on the beach. Also a large white dog. Still worked fastfood for money because she wanted to.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:59   Link #1422
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
It matters because the thing they've put in there is very out of character for Tsumugi - have you ever seen a really rich person that was doing macjobs for money?
Maybe you should stop trying to apply your rather cynical logic to a happy, energetic show about four girls who want to help each other out as they make their own band without relying on things like social or financial status. If you don't like the anime adaptation, don't watch it. It's not that difficult of a concept. Unless you're here just trolling people for the sake of a laugh or two. Either way, drop it already.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:02   Link #1423
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts

can i take this one
Old 2009-04-10, 15:03   Link #1424
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In anime? Azumanga Diaoh's Chiyo-chan comes to mind immediately with her and "Osaka" working fastfood during the summer at least two years in a row. Chiyo-chan, being 10 years old, has a very large house on a big lot and a summer home on the beach. Also a large white dog. Still worked fastfood for money because she wanted to.
Just ONE summer home? That's not rich.

People that have "a rich oujou-sama" in their character description don't do manual part-time work, ever.
Proven by Hayate the Combat Butler.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:07   Link #1425
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:

People that have "a rich oujou-sama" in their character description don't do manual part-time work, ever.
Because everybody knows that HtCB is a true and accurate representation of such individuals in reality.

Old 2009-04-10, 15:07   Link #1426
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

You are now using a fallacious argument, using totally unrelated fiction to another, and appose your own expectation.

I mean... what K-On! and Hayate have in common aside of a "rich girl"? I mean, it is even more silly if you had to compare their ressources (I don't think "rich girl" would be acceptable for Nagi considering she has ressources to have MECHA and the like. The comparison is ridiculous).
"Rich" characters aren't forced to be crippled in a ridiculous cliché of being lazy/overly indifferent towards money issues and the like (I honestly get fed up with characters being oblivious to the meaning or look of money in fictions).

You are rather using a cliché to prove an element is "out of character" despite the said character, Tsumugi, is hardly anything of that kind. That is not even an "adaptation" issue.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:07   Link #1427
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
One sample point constitutes a proof?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:08   Link #1428
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Yeah, and Hayate skills are real. Sure, sure.
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:10   Link #1429
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well only one that we know about that she classified as "hers". No telling what her parents have.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:18   Link #1430
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Take a look at page 46 in manga...
I think you're skirting the question that is at the heart of the matter: Why does KyoAni's interpretation of Tsumugi have to match your perception of her character or even her supposed type of character? You're not the manga-ka so stop pretending you know the character so well just because you've read the manga.

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-04-10 at 15:21. Reason: manga spoiler removed
Old 2009-04-10, 15:21   Link #1431
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I think SinsI is trolling yall...well atleast thats what I hope in my heart.

Ah either way the episode did a good job of reminding me why I like Mugi and thats her little personality quirk of wanting to be more like and also understand "Normal high school girls".

Like Klash said she easily could of just shilled out for the thing at the start as some sort of callous act of "kindness" and been a much shallower character for it. Even though in the end Yui was able to get what she wanted through Mugi's power the way she went about it kept up the established elements of her character which is to behave more like her peers...In this case "bargaining" like the other 2 had done before her.

Mmm more I think about it more I like her character really...haha.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:22   Link #1432
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nice looking tea sets are not cheap. I don't imagine a store that carries high end musical equipment would be cheap to own either. Especially if it is a chain (as it seemed to be in a mall, and generally stories of that type in malls are chains).
Old 2009-04-10, 15:23   Link #1433
Shadow Moth
庭師は紺碧の空

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Moth
No. Ritsu 4 ever. You can't beat a personality like her's. Both energetic and kind.
Shadow Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:24   Link #1434
Nerroth
NePoi!

Just saw ep 2 - and this is a really cool group of friends... although I can see why Nodoka-chan is feeling partly sad, since Yui is, perhaps, moving away from the time she would have spent with her instead.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:26   Link #1435
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Just saw ep 2 - and this is a really cool group of friends... although I can see why Nodoka-chan is feeling partly sad, since Yui is, perhaps, moving away from the time she would have spent with her instead.
Well, every good band needs a meganekko manager. You never know...

Note: This comment is just in fun and is in no way based on any manga knowledge. I haven't read a single page of the manga. Seriously.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:28   Link #1436
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tsumugi also seems like she was having fun, even when getting the price lowered. She joined the light music club because she thought it would be fun, and she seems to be having fun. Though Yui may regret all those pastries in the future.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:30   Link #1437
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Well, every good band needs a meganekko manager. You never know...

Note: This comment is just in fun and is in no way based on any manga knowledge. I haven't read a single page of the manga. Seriously.

Well, if they ever play at the Cassetta Dell'orso, maybe they'll all need to wear glasses?

Also, I kow it's really crazy, but I really do wanna hear them play Rock Me Amadeus...
Old 2009-04-10, 15:30   Link #1438
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Though Yui may regret all those pastries in the future
Hmm ? Why ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:32   Link #1439
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Also, I kow it's really crazy, but I really do wanna hear them play Rock Me Amadeus...
Personally I'd rather see them belt out Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar.
Old 2009-04-10, 15:34   Link #1440
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Hmm ? Why ?
Well, what happens when you eat too much junk food, usually?

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen