AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 32.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 39.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 16.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-02, 13:57   Link #61
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Impz- Thanks for the advice regarding the Manga but could you tell me as to why you think I should wait before reading it? =)

LLK- I can definitely see that as a good possibility. I don’t really know much about the British monarchy aside from small things I’ve read here and there or seen on media but your explanation sounds rather likely. But do you think they are of nobility? I mean with the introduction of E-Class maybe they aren’t nobility but some how of a higher class? Maybe A-Class or B-Class?
Old 2008-05-02, 15:22   Link #62
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
Impz- Thanks for the advice regarding the Manga but could you tell me as to why you think I should wait before reading it? =)
I know you asked Impz but as a fellow VK manga reader here's my two cents. Unless you REALLY want to know what happens quickly, Id stay away from the manga for now. Impz is right (did I just admit that ) anime has gotten to the level of content that the manga has already. May advice wait til season 1 ends (if the two season split thing is for real) and then chk it out, as its been said by several other manga readers it been hard for us to comment cuz we know whats happened. Even harder now with the No Future Event spoilers that come with a sub-forum

@Killz: Your sum up of Zero is exactly why I dont like him, its over used. I like emo and all but his goes beyond it straight to annoyance (imho)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-02, 15:46   Link #63
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSquiReLz View Post
LLK- I can definitely see that as a good possibility. I don’t really know much about the British monarchy aside from small things I’ve read here and there or seen on media but your explanation sounds rather likely. But do you think they are of nobility? I mean with the introduction of E-Class maybe they aren’t nobility but some how of a higher class? Maybe A-Class or B-Class?
Do I think the vampires of the Night Class are of nobility? Yeah, I do. For all intents and purposes, I think that's how the vampires see themselves within their own societal structure. They may not call Kaname a "prince". But they certainly act as if he's one. I think it's pretty clear that most, if not all, of the Night Class are A level vampires. Even within the A level, there is obviously a hierarchy as well. Kaname is not their leader simply because he's the dorm president. His status as a pureblood gives his a higher rank than the others. That's why I equated him to a prince while the others are the equivalent of sons and daughters of dukes, counts, etc.

In ep 4, when Aidou trapped Yuuki in ice, didn't she think to herself that ice is a manifestation of the vampire nobility? There's another indication that the vampires of the Night Class are vampire aristocracy.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-02, 15:51   Link #64
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Think most of the night class are level B vampires. That's why they see Kaname as superior and others don't really have a very *special* person they want. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by Eps~; 2008-05-02 at 19:43. Reason: changed V to B ... typo
Old 2008-05-02, 18:41   Link #65
FuzzyWuzzy

wow it's really getting good. The story is picking up and moving in a nice pace.
K the anticipation is killing me. The VK world is expanding. I didn't even know Zero's lineage is part of a Vampire Hunter clan. Before it was just a school drama with vampires and everything revolved around that school but now they are expanding and they are showing some of zero's past. Can't wait for the next episode.

The triangle between Kaname, Zero and Yuuki are great. Now Zero is turning into a level E vampire too. I'm so glad they showed level E vampires in episode 3. I'll be like, wtf are level E? I would hate Zero also for being so emo because he is turning into a vampire. I thought, what's the big deal, so what if Zero is turning into a vampire, it's not the end of the world for him. But since I know what are level E vampires, I can sympathize with Zero and what he has been dealing with. It is the end of the world for him if he turns into a level E.

I can completely understand if people pick up the manga at this point. It's a nice story. Two thumbs up! However I have a little bit of will power and I definitely prefer anime over manga when it comes to story telling. The background music, ost, and the colorful animation really makes anime better than manga for me. The people making VK anime has done an excellent job so far so I think I can wait and just enjoy the story from the anime.

Right now, I'm sure a lot of anime and most manga fans already picked the person they want for yuuki to end up with when the story ends. Right now I'm leaning towards Zero because of the sympathy vote. However I do not know what's Zero's feelings are towards Yuuki and I definitely know Yuuki doesn't think of Zero as boyfriend material for her right now. We already know that Kaname likes Yuuki and Yuuki likes Kaname so but there must be something going on that creates a wall between them. So Kaname is being emo. He should just take Yuuki and live happily ever after. I bet he is going to regret it when Zero gets stable and develops feelings for Yuuki.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2008-05-02 at 19:10.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:55   Link #66
Alta

Aww i like Zero but there's def something about Kaname that I really like. I tell you waiting for the next episode is going to be painful lol but at least this gives me time to go read the manga
Old 2008-05-02, 23:14   Link #67
BladeStone

So is Kaname not as interested in Yuuki now that someone has already bitten her? Or is Kaname just upset with himself that he let someone else bite her? That part was hard for me to interpret. It came off to me that he was just telling her that he can no longer guarantee her protection seeing as how he wasn't able to keep her from getting attacked this time.
Old 2008-05-02, 23:58   Link #68
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It was a gorgeous sight for me to watch how beautifully the staff animated Yuki's face expressions from her fear in shock at learning Zero's horrifying truth face on through her blushing for Kaname to her tears of compassion while hugging Zero from behind.
Spoiler:

And things are beginning to get messed up.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-03, 04:22   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If Yuuki sleeps with Zero out of pity, she'll drop massive points to me. Pity sex when you're a virgin makes you easy, lol. Go be emo and get laid!
Old 2008-05-03, 04:49   Link #70
Kai Yukari

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Zero doesn't seem to be very popular around here Poor guy
I beg to disagree
Old 2008-05-03, 04:59   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Zero has no middle ground, its either like him or hate him. I'm with the prior, I'm not too fond of people who cut themselves.
Old 2008-05-03, 06:56   Link #72
ani_d

Well, there are two kinds of emo. Those who have the Right, and those that are just Overreacting. The ridiculous emo ones are those who think life sucks because things didn't go the way they want to--and they start cutting themselves and all those crap. However, when 'death' is involved, then I think Zero has every right to be emo.

Spoiler for some spoiler for 4:

He would probably want to be killed in the future. So does that give Zero the right to be emo? Heck yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
Zero doesn't seem to be very popular around here Poor guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Yukari View Post
I beg to disagree
Same here

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-05-03 at 15:02. Reason: dont mind me...just fixing a mistake I made
Old 2008-05-03, 09:33   Link #73
ahmad

Another great episode. I like kaname even more now :P. As for Zero.. I don't really hate him but since in the end I want Yuuki to end up with Kaname, I don't like the huggly moments he has .
It's sad his family was killed and he has turned into a vampire. But it's also very painful for kaname when he is always looking at yuuki and zero so close. And we don't even know much about him other than that he is a pureblood, head of the night dorm and saved yuuki's life.

I wonder why kaname likes yuuki so much though. Is it just pure love? did something happen that we will find out later? It's very interesting. For me he is currently the most coolest character. In this ep i loved how he acts so nice to yuuki then smacks aidoh lol. Also when he says in this world she is the one most important person.

As for Yuuki, she is very worried about Zero. Like someone said earlier she wants him to open up to her and share his pain. Right now I think she just cares for him as a family, since they lived together and all. She might develop feelings for him? maybe but that would suck :P ( Hey you can only choose 1 from the 2 options).

So Zero, you poor soul I hope you do not turn into a level E and have a good life. Kaname I am hoping that your feelings for Yuuki are pure and finally Yuuki I hope your feelings for kaname become stronger and by the time the series end your all lovelove with him :/
Old 2008-05-03, 12:08   Link #74
Kai Yukari

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Zero has no middle ground, its either like him or hate him. I'm with the prior, I'm not too fond of people who cut themselves.
I think you're referring to "former" or "latter". So, since I'm guessing you're no fan of Zero you are with the "latter".
Old 2008-05-03, 12:47   Link #75
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

symantics, symantics, as long as you understood what I was saying is all that matters. :P
Old 2008-05-03, 12:59   Link #76
Kai Yukari

Whatevs,

If they're going at this pace, they seem to be planning to add more original material.
Old 2008-05-03, 20:26   Link #77
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

OfT: White Manju Bun and LKK thanks for the input.

OnT: I don't think Yuki has the same feelings for Zero as she does for Kaname. Actually to be honest I don't really see her loving either of them in terms of "In Love". Seems like she looks to Kaname in a respective way because he saved her as much as she admires his gifts (she thinks he looks good). Zero on the other hand she seems to feel sorry for and almost love like a family member. Although I do think she is beginning to develop these emotions to what could lead to the "In Love" scenario.

I think she is going to get with Kaname to later chose Zero with Kaname giving up his life for Zero for her happiness.
Old 2008-05-03, 21:31   Link #78
FuzzyWuzzy

Judging by the way you guys talk, it seems that those two are going to be rivals. It seems they are going to have a common goal but oppose each other in every way through out the story. So that is my only explanation why the forum is divided with zero fans vs kaname fans.
Old 2008-05-04, 23:22   Link #79
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If Yuuki sleeps with Zero out of pity, she'll drop massive points to me. Pity sex when you're a virgin makes you easy, lol. Go be emo and get laid!
trust me when i say there's no sleeping around in this series..
Old 2008-05-05, 05:45   Link #80
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
yeah yeah
there's no sleeping scenes on this series

Spoiler for upcoming scenes: