AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-31, 16:22   Link #1281
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Nonsense.

Doujins still exist, and even if Akiba isn't nerd central anymore, to say it destroyed moe as a whole is preposterous. As long as there is one nerd, the culture cannot be stopped. It may exist in tiny corners of the internet, doujin sales that vanish as quickly as they appeared, cult series beloved by a few with the passion of many, but it still exists.

It always still exists. Hope and nerdery still exist!
For some reason, this really reminds me of Keima's speech to Elsie in the most recent TWGOK episode.
Old 2011-05-31, 16:28   Link #1282
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

What exactly did Feyris send in that d-mail? It's definitely somewhat related to Okabe since after she heard about Kurisu, she second guessed herself as to whether she should go with that d-mail. What exactly was written in that D-mail? And the outcome, do you think it was intentional or unplanned? (As in, did Feyris want to remove moe-culture? She seemed pretty proud of her accomplishment, so was it an accidental side-effect?)

This series is getting really fun!
Old 2011-05-31, 16:36   Link #1283
GreyFlcn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qMweD7HOpI
GreyFlcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 16:43   Link #1284
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Things are starting to build up. Okarin is finally noticing how much D-mail changes the past and is starting to worry about the consequences. And it looks like Feyris' D-mail completely changed Akihabara from a moe city to a normal city. Plus, he has no more leads on where the IBN5100 is. What will he do now? Something major is about to happen soon...
Old 2011-05-31, 16:45   Link #1285
nines
I much prefer the 2d

SHE DID IT, SHE BLEW IT UP. SHE BLEW IT ALL UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH X.X

Up yours Feyris-Nyan! ><

And didn't it seem like Moeka = Feyris ? She said I told you we owned a lot of computers and then Mayushi said she'd look like a good cosplayer.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:02   Link #1286
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
SHE DID IT, SHE BLEW IT UP. SHE BLEW IT ALL UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH X.X

Up yours Feyris-Nyan! ><

And didn't it seem like Moeka = Feyris ? She said I told you we owned a lot of computers and then Mayushi said she'd look like a good cosplayer.
NOOOO, must stop coming here now I don't want spoilers or theory's that could be correct it's hard enough being patient as it is.

Usually I don't care about the ending being spoiled but this show is just so awesome the best i've seen in years.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 17:11   Link #1287
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
NOOOO, must stop coming here now I don't want spoilers or theory's that could be correct it's hard enough being patient as it is.

Usually I don't care about the ending being spoiled but this show is just so awesome the best i've seen in years.
Well why come if you didn't want to read some hype about it ;D

Doesn't the pain of anticipation make it all the more meaningful?

Anyways, I'd comment on certain things, but I don't think I can, since it's probably derived from a few brief clip's I've seen in videos containing screenshots from the game.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:22   Link #1288
Elestia

I'm speculating that the sudden appearance of Ferris' father had to do with Akiba becoming a regular district now, rather than the center of anime culture. Though the exact reason for the change lies entirely with Ferris' D-Mail that she sent back to the past, 10 years ago.

It could be that Ferris' loneliness about her father being absent in her life propelled her forward to create a moe culture in Akiba, but once her father returned there was no need, hence the change.

Christina's name is getting longer everyday.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 17:29   Link #1289
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Christina's name is getting longer everyday.
^

As for Feyris' message it was probably because she created the moe culture in Akihabara that her father was absent so she decided to not start up the culture.

But what her message was to convince her self to do is what gets me. For all the D-Mails actually. For Ruka's case it makes sense because all Kyouma did was tell the trap to go buy that for him back then.

But for Moeka and Feyris and Super Hacka what could they have put in that tiny message to convince them selfs to. Go look for them to not change their phones or use a certain strat or decide not to do something in the past. Usually people will ignore it and not follow the advice. But they seem to follow without doubt. Seems kind of weird
Old 2011-05-31, 17:34   Link #1290
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2011-05-31, 17:39   Link #1291
GreyFlcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
It could be that Ferris' loneliness about her father being absent in her life propelled her forward to create a moe culture in Akiba, but once her father returned there was no need, hence the change.
Sounds about right.

Although no idea what Moeka did, since I think the thing about the changing her phone might have not been true. Especially since somehow she knew who "Okarin" was, despite the likelyhood that encounter changed.

Now if we want to get super deep into possiblities. Maybe SERN asked Ferris's father to give them the IBN5100. And he refused. And then they killed him for it. And that to commemorate her father, Ferris hid the IBN and donated it to the shrine. However her message to the past was to tell her father to agree to sell the IBN5100.

^ total off-the-top-of-my-head speculation of course.
Old 2011-05-31, 17:39   Link #1292
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post

But what her message was to convince her self to do is what gets me. For all the D-Mails actually. For Ruka's case it makes sense because all Kyouma did was tell the trap to go buy that for him back then.
How about.... "You can make more rent money off electronic stores." ?
Old 2011-05-31, 17:45   Link #1293
Elestia

Truer words have never been spoken, Daru.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:00   Link #1294
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Is everyone intentionally ignoring that:
  • Feyris, Moeka, Ruka, and Suzuha, just believed without any reservation in d-mails, and in addition the first three were successful to make significant changes, unlike Daru and Okarin, who despite knowing how they worked, failed multiple times.
  • with each time-line shift the IBN becomes even more inaccessible.
  • Kurisu invited Mayushii to her hotel room last episode so none should be surpised by the bump in the yuri field
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:16   Link #1295
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Last edited by creb; 2011-05-31 at 18:29.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:22   Link #1296
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Is everyone intentionally ignoring that:
  • Feyris, Moeka, Ruka, and Suzuha, just believed without any reservation in d-mails, and in addition the first three were successful to make significant changes, unlike Daru and Okarin, who despite knowing how they worked, failed multiple times.
  • with each time-line shift the IBN becomes even more inaccessible.
  • Kurisu invited Mayushii to her hotel room last episode so none should be surpised by the bump in the yuri field
Are you intentionally ignoring what kind of mails were sent, and how far to the past? The further it's sent, the larger the butterfly effect. In Feyris' case, she sent something to change it so that she would have her dad (wherever he was..), so the moe culture never came to Akiba. What did Kyouma and Daru do? Change lotto numbers to few days in to the past, where Ruka even failed to use the right numbers and Daru sucked too much in the game for it to make any difference. What else did you expect?

What you pointed out first is a bit odd, though. But it may be that Feyris knows more than she lets out. Rather obvious about Moeka.. She wants an IBN5100 and went in the past just to get it before Kyouma does ; Of course she would believe them without reservation. The same also goes for Suzuka, since it's kinda obvious she's from the future/past or whatever.

^To above. The timeline changed. The message was never sent in to the past in that timeline. Obviously there would not be a trace left of it in the phone on the microwave. Or wait.. How does the microwave even work? What's the purpose of the phone attached to the microwave now? In some episode Daru said that he modified the microwave so that they can now send d-mails to any phone they want, so does the phone attached to the microwave have any purpose now? But if it didn't, how would messages sent from other phone be d-mails..
Old 2011-05-31, 18:25   Link #1297
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
1) How/why did Shining Finger repeat the exact same words as Feyris: "But, you're right. My dad did have a lot of PCs."
That was a subbing error. One of the lines of dialogue somehow ended up where it wasn't supposed to. She just said "Okabe-kun" at that point.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:27   Link #1298
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^tl;dr .. Don't trust subs too much. After you've watched anime for a while you can kinda guess what they're saying even without subs so at least I notice errors in subtitling sometimes. And well, this should have been obvious anyway since she said Okabe-kun and nothing more complicated..
Old 2011-05-31, 18:28   Link #1299
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^tl;dr .. Don't trust subs too much. After you've watched anime for a while you can kinda guess what they're saying even without subs so at least I notice errors in subtitling sometimes. And well, this should have been obvious anyway since she said Okabe-kun and nothing more complicated..
Thanks for clearing that up.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 18:29   Link #1300
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^tl;dr .. Don't trust subs too much.
It was corrected at CR (where the subs originated), so I'd say "don't trust them" pushes a little too far in the wrong direction. People will make mistakes, but with a sharp ear and a few minutes of editing, mistakes can be fixed. We're only human.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation