AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 28.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 31.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-27, 00:06   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This is a strange comparison-

Spoiler for Onii-Ai and Sakurasou:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe he wouldn't have blown up like htat if he hadn't made it through the first phase. But at that point his hopes had been raised and he'd been working with everyone to perfect his speech. Then he gets hit by a surprise question, freezes up, and blows it.
Nothing like your first time...
Old 2012-11-27, 00:22   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nothing like your first time...
Yeah, nothing like your first failure. I swear it reminds me of recent failures. You prepare, get thrown offguard by something, and just stumble the rest of the way through the speech/interview/etc. I didn't expect this episode to remind me of personal failures .

Well in the end this episode is accurate. Things go bad, but good support can help carry you forward. After that all you can do is keep trying to improve.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:27   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Gah, still no panty shots. I dunno, even with me not being much into fanservice, the more they tease, the more I wanna see.

Seriously speaking though, it's a wonderful episode. Alien girl still cracking up the hijinks, while the main love triangle drama is starting to ramp up. Though it doesn't look good for Nanami, as Mashiro pretty much out-'Yamato Nadeshiko'ed all the pure blooded Japanese girls this episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-11-27, 00:29   Link #24
Kakkou
Tch.

This was a great episode, I really love the running at the end paralleling the ED. The comedic scenes, angst and resolution really worked well together towards the buildup at the end. Also loved the shift from everyone being in awe at Mashiro's jump to why she jumped in the first place.

I can completely forgive the show for that awful brocon imouto character from last week.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:56   Link #25
HandofFate

Tough episode.
Who was the guy in the newspaper that was also at the interview?

Didn't know what the second charm Shiina gave Sorata, but someone mentioned it was an easy childbirth charm, ha...

Aoyama with glasses is cute. Liking how she's steadily and slowly recognizing her feelings for Sorata and also steadily getting more daring.

In the scene where they're hiding in the gym storage, other than the Sorata sandwich.

Misaki and Jin's position was pretty close there as well, and Misaki had a rare facial expression there, as least to me.
Old 2012-11-27, 01:09   Link #26
The Green One

Poor Sorata, he worked hard for this and yet it blew up in his face and he ended up choking due to nerves. Still good to see him bounce back and pick up on the core lesson of the experience. Win or Lose, putting your all into something makes the experience worthwhile in the end and he grew as a person.
Old 2012-11-27, 01:31   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Enjoyed it!
Old 2012-11-27, 04:02   Link #28
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

So, the entire time they were in that storage room, Nanami was siting on top of Sorata without any panties? Good thing he was lying face down, else he probably wouldn't have survived to tell the tale.

Ah, being confronted with an unexpected question during an interview. That tripped me up so many times, it's not even funny anymore. I can totally relate to Sorata drawing blanks right there. No matter how well you prepare, one trick question is all it takes to shatter your hopes.

And as much as Mashiro wants to know about love, I could definitely feel some tension between her and Sorata, and I'm sure she felt it, too. Heck, I even thought she showed signs of jealousy with how he talked about Minami (even praising her swimsuit) and reacted very casually towards Mashiro on several occasions. As much as she likes Minamil, I think she'll keep fighting for Sorata's affection until he makes his decision.
Old 2012-11-27, 04:43   Link #29
garbage

sad parts in the episode, like when sorata told mashiro to leave, gosh so close to hating sorata there even if i understand where he's coming from, but all in all it came out so happy and heartwarming.

i like how kamiiguusa was so shocked and speechless while jin was leaning over her in the storeroom ^^, and the sorata sandwich ^^with one side going no-pan ehehe(no-pantsu no life !)

funny gags, most memorable : " cover your chest not my eyes!" aha [ by the way was it just my imagination or did i just see some nips on mashiro there???]

That good-luck charm <3 1st one was sweet,but the second one was oh so much more. from the heart. Love how they seamlessly mixed all those different feelings,like that was suppose to be a comedy hi-jinx sequence but that charm thing insert made so much more impact. even that statement " I am depressed " with the sudden beautiful fireworks right after. goes to show life is not all down,good things do exist around you. For sorata that would be his friends from sakurasou. So "don't stop running!" . of course its with the double meaning of running away from the guard ^^ though i think his face is more funny than scary :P funny too how he's trying to climb over the gate when it's actually open !! guess there's a chain link preventing big fat guys from passing thru, only aoyama and mashiro used it initially.

laughing, fireworks and cue in ED song (with Sorata'a realization)!! love this episode.
tachi tomatte dame yo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe he wouldn't have blown up like htat if he hadn't made it through the first phase. But at that point his hopes had been raised and he'd been working with everyone to perfect his speech. Then he gets hit by a surprise question, freezes up, and blows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Ah, being confronted with an unexpected question during an interview. That tripped me up so many times, it's not even funny anymore. I can totally relate to Sorata drawing blanks right there. No matter how well you prepare, one trick question is all it takes to shatter your hopes.
Yeah, It almost felt like so unfair especially since that guy , who i presume is an award winning game creator, asked the question before Sorata even presented his game. All because i think he probably is a graduate of the same school and probably even part of sakurasou before.

But he's a judge, they hold all the cards there, nothing for sorata or any one else to do but to suck it up. well it's good experience for next time.

Last edited by garbage; 2012-11-27 at 05:00.
Old 2012-11-27, 05:22   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was quite an enjoyable episode. I think it did well to blend in the comedy and drama so neither compromised the other.
Old 2012-11-27, 05:49   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is a strange comparison-

Spoiler for Onii-Ai and Sakurasou:
I wonder who’s stealing who’s idea ^^?

Or maybe those things have become routine for any romance-harem anime nowadays? So, it’s only a matter of when they’ll use it .

All in all, the difference between the two is obvious: one still has plot while the other doesn’t. And I enjoy both of them!
Old 2012-11-27, 05:51   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Nah, I'm just saying that the timing is all strangely coincidental....

Old 2012-11-27, 05:52   Link #33
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

A beautiful episode. I skipped the job interview because I'd be short on time otherwise.
- Mashiro's good luck charm and sending him off was very adorable. And let's not forget Mashiro's awesome sentence of misunderstanding "I can't go yet. Sorata hasn't taught me about love, yet" *BAM*.
- It was a bit sad how she wanted to console him, but Sorata urged her to mind her own business. It was good that he *was* self-aware of his bitter feelings and did not leash out harsher/louder which in turn would have caused stupid fail-o-drama.
- Mashiro's jeaousness is starting to leak out: Her comment "Then, I'll stay here" when Sorata told her to go back to her room or else Nanami would murder for example. I first thought it could indicate that she'd be fine in getting Nanami "jealous". The obvious part when he did react normally concerning her swimming suit didn't bode well in her .
- Nothing too much to comment about Nanami. She didn't get much of a chance to comfort him except of the very short talk at the end. Her tsundere acts were in this episodes meh. She did better before.
- Firework = very lovely.
Overall: Mashiro was very *hngggghhhhh* for lack of better words and her support "role" (while still being a main character) is getting better and better.
Oh yeah, for some reason I'm quite indifferent about the drama in this anime. While this could also mean I think it's too boring, it's actually positive for me. I don't need to "nerd-rage" about it or rant about it .
Old 2012-11-27, 06:22   Link #34
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Liked this episode. By far better than the last.
Old 2012-11-27, 06:56   Link #35
Tiberium Wolf

Heh! Pool thieves!? I have never heard that before
Old 2012-11-27, 08:36   Link #36
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! sorata really works hard... and Mashiro gives him lucky charm.. that's so touching

and that failure... ugh! honestly it's painful because I've going through many similar thing in real life... Sorata also did a horrible thing to Shiina by tell her to stay away...

Pool scene is one of the best because of tsun-tsun Aoyama and smiling Shiina... and no pantsu... omg!!! Sorata! I think you just traded your luck in presentation with a life-time chance (but you waste it as well)

it's little letdown at first because I really expect Aoyama will be the one who comfort Sorata... They are totally similar in trying hard but still fail...
luckily, the last scene shows this scene... seems like even Aoyama still can't forget her previous failure so it's like both of them are comforting each other...

Aoyama! please quit your tsun-tsun! time to stand up or Mashiro really going to take Sorata away.... hahaha....
Old 2012-11-27, 09:58   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a lot better than last week's episode. Endearing mix of drama, comedy, and fanservice.

I've enjoyed Mashiro's attitude lately. She cares about Sorata and she shows it in her own clumsy way (the easy childbirth charm killed me ). Nanami was also great, attempting to support Sorata the way he supported her when she failed.

I didn't expect to see swimsuits in this ep. That was a nice surprise. Nanami, who has been growing on me ever since episode 6, stole the show during that part for me. She looked lovely in her swimsuit (she's more stacked than I thought), and her forgetting to put on her panties later on was the cherry on top. I thought she was just embarrassed to show her panties, but the problem turned out to be a lot more serious than that. Oh, and glasses suit her perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Me too! Damn these trick questions. I think anybody who has gone to an interview can relate to Sorata. God, I hate interviews... especially when you are faced with a panel of several people instead of just one or two. It's hard not to get intimidated.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:44   Link #38
Zavie

Same opinion, I think this episode is absolutely brilliant. I especially like the way they insert comedic reliefs in between Sorata's dilema. For me the best part of the episode is when Sorata got Kickboard Cutter'ed right in the face, and the change in his attitude right after that was fresh and very relatable.

I haven't been in the exact situation as Sorata, but there're lots of moment that I went "Fuck it" and acted oblivious even though I should have drowned in depression and disapointment. Sometimes you just have to laugh to move on, I know exactly how that feels.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:56   Link #39
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Great episode. I can really relate to how Sorata felt after botching up his presentation...I hope I'm not reminded of those feelings ever again from a show. :P

It seems like Sorata finally snapped and realized how he shouldn't just stop and keep doing what he wants to do. That's really how the video game industry seems to work, so I'm glad he figured it out. I'm also loving how Mashiro's character is developing. She's such a motherfuckin n****, killing all these bitches. Same with Aoyama. She's hhhnngggg with glasses on. :3
Old 2012-11-27, 13:33   Link #40
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Another great episode.

@jedinat: It's a Slice of Life series, so working through every day things is a major plot point. I can see where it's not for some, but I enjoy them a lot, as compared to things like GE or KNIM, the character development is more important than forcing some drama into the plot.

Really loved Nanami again this episode, especially at the end. Her line about finally realizing what love is was awesome. Mashiro continues to impress me with her insight into people, despite being a complete idiot when it comes to herself.

Was surprised by the preview of next week. I knew that she was coming, but the English lines were spoken quite well. We'll see if she can keep it up.