AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 17:53   Link #461
Ero-Senn1n

Since i watched this little filler arc - mainly because of the good animation - i was hoping for a good finale. But damn, the finale was complete bullshit. And i don't think i have to explain in detail why to all those who took their time to watch it. It's enough to say that most of the characters were behaving like complete retards, even those who were supposed to be smart, like Kakashi, Yamato and Kabuto. The other big disappointment is that they used this half-assed kyuubi mode instead of sage mode. Sage mode is supposed to give great power to the user, clearly stated by Shikamaru's father and others, but here it seemed like it was completely useless in the finale. So instead of showing how cool sage mode can be in case Naruto actually uses his brain - which he did against Pain - they just wrote a story where Naruto is s complete retard whose only source of power is to just use kyuubi's huge chakra and punch the enemy while screaming like an idiot. I can't believe they wasted good animation quality on this shit story instead of using it in epic places like the Pain invasion of Konoha. I bet 90% of the people on this forum could have written a better finale than this.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 20:11   Link #462
Arjento

I actually liked the finale.

Especially the animation when Naruto went into SSJ mode.

Watching the preview for next week actually shows the great animation quality we got for the filler arc.

Oh well, hopefully the war turns out to be epic.

So far it's been pretty boring.
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 23:18   Link #463
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
I actually liked the finale.

Especially the animation when Naruto went into SSJ mode.

Watching the preview for next week actually shows the great animation quality we got for the filler arc.

Oh well, hopefully the war turns out to be epic.

So far it's been pretty boring.
yeah i agree with you there, his ssj mode transformation was really cool, and so far the only thing i liked about the war so far is tenten with her new fan lol
Old 2013-01-12, 01:56   Link #464
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I didn't like it in the manga that sage mode was never used in battle against normal opponents, only against Pain/Nagato. Immediately after Naruto got this powerup he simply didn't use it until he got the kyuubi powerup. It would have been funny if Naruto entered sage mode when the black girl (Karui?) was beating him up and no matter how hard she was hitting there woldn't be a scratch on Naruto Too bad the author needed a different outcome there for the sake of story progression. Naruto could have used it also against Kisame since Kisame is a chakra sucking guy, too bad Kisame was reserved for Gai. So it was a good idea from the anime team to use some sage action before the war begins. As usual in the filler and also in the movies the plot is somewhat boring but the great animation makes you forget that.
False, he used sage mode several time so far during the war arc

Most notable was in his fight against the previous Raikage

As for this whole "filler", heck more of an OVA/Movie they decided not release till this 500 episode celebration, overall:

I enjoyed it, some people are expecting waaayyy too much from something like this, these types of things are just here to be cool and fun to watch while in no way having much to relate to the story (thats what the main series and all the years of building it up is for)

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-01-12 at 02:08.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 06:11   Link #465
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
False, he used sage mode ...
This is an anime-only thread, you better put it into spoiler tags or delete it...

And you are wrong, Naruto used sage mode against Pain, but after that we almost never see it, and now i'm talking about the anime only, since i can't write about the manga here. When Karui beats him up he doesn't use it, when he faces Sasuke he doesn't use it (he goes into sage mode a few times but never actually makes use of it), when Tobi pops out of nowhere he doesn't even turn it on while listening to Tobi's little speech, of course if he did that he would be able to sense Sasuke's presence at the kage meeting, when he wants to break out of the alliance's hidden place he ends up using kyuubi mode (he again enters sage mode for a brief moment but doesn't use it to break out of the shadow binding jutsu), and finally when he faces the Raikage he uses kyuubi mode again. The only time he uses his sage mode to make a difference is when he fights the kyuubi, but that all happens inside his mind so it's not even a real fight.
Old 2013-01-12, 06:43   Link #466
Ushio the Omega

The anime gets back to the war next week finally!

The last manga chapter animated was chapter 544, so we get 19 chapters of manga into maybe 10 good anime episodes, then I don't know how long till it gets good again since the manga has been duller than the early war parts since.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 11:48   Link #467
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
The anime gets back to the war next week finally!

The last manga chapter animated was chapter 544, so we get 19 chapters of manga into maybe 10 good anime episodes, then I don't know how long till it gets good again since the manga has been duller than the early war parts since.
I don't read the manga.

But with the seemingly slooooow pace of the War Arc (before the mini movie-esque filler) I would have thought the manga would be way ahead of the anime.
Old 2013-01-15, 21:27   Link #468
neshru

About the last episode of Chikara looking really rushed and having a bunch of holes: according to the last post on the Pierrot blog, a part of it was cut to fit the TV format. The missing parts will apparently be present on the DVD release.

It was obvious enough that something was missing from the episode, but it's nice to have confirmation. This also seems to confirm the theory that Chikara was going to be last year's movie before the studio had the chance to get Kishimoto involved.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 07:33   Link #469
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

so we are back to the war arc. YAY!

Gaara vs his pops next week, remember enjoying it in the manga, excited for how they pull it all off in the anime.

Naruto owning the white zetsu and co. was well done, very enjoyable.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:05   Link #470
ookamigirl

News from the battlefront.
That was sort of not bad.
It summarizes things rather nicely.
Watching Naruto fight was nice too.
It's been a while since we had a chance to see it.
Gaara and sand guys started their own fight a well

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:16   Link #471
itachi-san314

i liked the throwback news conference in the intro. that was pretty funny and didnt overstay its welcome. the episode was also well made. i enjoyed it quite a bit actually. i think we are in for a long string of awesome episodes =)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:36   Link #472
alexsaingxd

Naruto new rasengan are badass!
alexsaingxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:11   Link #473
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wasn't it a problem for him to stay in his bijuu form for too long? Since he's been in it nonstop since he left to get to the front lines?

I did like his new ways of using the rasengan.
Old 2013-01-19, 01:59   Link #474
Maxtro

The filler arc wasn't that bad. One of the best actually.

Just the kids, OMG so annoying. Way too much focus on the kids.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 04:17   Link #475
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsaingxd View Post
Naruto new rasengan are badass!
Too bad that the animation quality is back to average. They gave excellent animation to some crap filler story and then when the real things comes the animation quality drops. They should have used slow motions sequences for great action instead of going the cheap way. It seems that the management of the anime team is as bad as the managements of japanese electronic giants like sony and panasonic and then they later wonder how the korean giants like samsung and lg beat them in competition
Old 2013-01-19, 12:52   Link #476
itachi-san314

i think the animation was above average for this latest episode. it wasn't that slick style that they had in the recent filler, but i liked how they animated KM naruto a lot. even the slick style gets complaints. that episode with 6tails naruto fighting pain was in that style and most people hated it. i'm sure they will break it out for some of the more momentous fights to come in this war. right now is the perfect time to keep it simple, but quality nonetheless. certainly not as bad as when darui fought the gold and silver brothers... that animation was piss poor, but so was the story so i cant really fault them
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 14:46   Link #477
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’d say the animation in that darui episode is acceptable and certainly not poor. IMO the thing that killed the episode was the drab score. I mean, seriously, the score in that episode is one of soulless ones I’ve encounter. In fact, the score of the overall Shippuuden has been a big fail to make some scene moving (be it sad, funny,menacing, energetic, etc) for me. God, I miss the old Naruto’s score. Replacing all the score from the Naruto when they made Shippuuden is a really bad idea. I mean, can’t they just keep and use some of the old score for F sake?
Old 2013-01-19, 15:33   Link #478
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’d say the animation in that darui episode is acceptable and certainly not poor. IMO the thing that killed the episode was the drab score. I mean, seriously, the score in that episode is one of soulless ones I’ve encounter. In fact, the score of the overall Shippuuden has been a big fail to make some scene moving (be it sad, funny,menacing, energetic, etc) for me. God, I miss the old Naruto’s score. Replacing all the score from the Naruto when they made Shippuuden is a really bad idea. I mean, can’t they just keep and use some of the old score for F sake?
Whereas the score for Fairy Tail (same composer if I'm not mistaken) is getting better and better.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:47   Link #479
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In fact, the score of the overall Shippuuden has been a big fail to make some scene moving (be it sad, funny,menacing, energetic, etc) for me. God, I miss the old Naruto’s score. Replacing all the score from the Naruto when they made Shippuuden is a really bad idea. I mean, can’t they just keep and use some of the old score for F sake?
I couldn't agree more. Part 1 had a lot of great battle themes. And part of what made them so good IMO were how unique they sounded. Part 2 has (I think) one score I like so far, and it's a remix of a part 1 theme no less. I feel like one of the main problems is that a lot scores sound very similar in general. That's to say most of the tracks have this dark, serious, and dramatic tone to it. It's like listening to tracks from the Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations games. On the other hand, Part 1 had scores to suit a variety of moods during a battle. So it was more fun to listen to.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:54   Link #480
battle22

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. Part 1 had a lot of great battle themes. And part of what made them so good IMO were how unique they sounded. Part 2 has (I think) one score I like so far, and it's a remix of a part 1 theme no less. I feel like one of the main problems is that a lot scores sound very similar in general. That's to say most of the tracks have this dark, serious, and dramatic tone to it. It's like listening to tracks from the Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations games. On the other hand, Part 1 had scores to suit a variety of moods during a battle. So it was more fun to listen to.
sayde is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
Ah, Part 1 music..... I wish they used those on Shippuden or atleast remixed them....

Tags
weekly episode discussion