AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-12, 10:32   Link #2241
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Many of my Japanese friends on play station network are all joking on this trailer. They say it is unrealistic because there are hot girls watching a gaming tournament and that they play a vita.

Wonder what is the theme song though of the trailer?

I do wonder about the Xbox community in Japan. Many of my friends there do not know of it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 10:36   Link #2242
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Many of my Japanese friends on play station network are all joking on this trailer. They say it is unrealistic because there are hot girls watching a gaming tournament and that they play a vita.
Well yeah, it is unrealistic. But unrealistic in a good way. Sony is going for the "impossible but still desirable" angle. Technically it is more realistic as an ad than other Sony adverts, which are far more fantastical with dragons and what not.
Old 2013-09-12, 10:40   Link #2243
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well yeah, it is unrealistic. But unrealistic in a good way. Sony is going for the "impossible but still desirable" angle. Technically it is more realistic as an ad than other Sony adverts, which are far more fantastical with dragons and what not.
Well, I think they are trying to bring attention to the PS4 and Vita. Which is working, the Japanese gaming forums been commenting crazy on this trailer. Even if they do not convince many people to buy it right away, at least it brings awareness.

I checked some stuff online.............it is going to be a matter of time someone does another parody of How to save a Life by Fray or another song but this time directed at Xbox and Microsoft. Here is the one directed towards playstation 6 years ago.

Old 2013-09-20, 06:02   Link #2244
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
“TV, if you want to continue, would be another criticism. We talk a lot about TV and that's only going to work basically in Japan and the U.S. at launch where you have HDMI-in scenarios, so you'll say 'hey, what if I have a terrestrial over the air?' We won't have a solution for that right away, but we still sell it as part of the vision. So it's honest criticism and you'd love to have the new launch be everything that you had before and more, but unfortunately it's an untenable [proposition].”
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/09/2...n-for-xbox-one

In short, the "TV features" MS had been spending all its time advertising would only be available in America and Japan in the immediate future. And the fact that Japan doesn't even have a release date, means it is just USA.

This is just bad. Obviously many people don't care about the TV features, but the fact is MS is spending advertising dollars promoting a features that does not work out of the States. This means they are not able to promote the console internationally properly.

The fact that they are admitting there isn't any way to make it in time, suggest that they were truly rushed in releasing the Xb1. They just weren't ready in making deals with UK and the rest of European broadcasters.

Seriously, selling a "vision" is no more than selling a fantasy. It is just like when PS3 was selling the idea that it was the most powerful console, when the reality was that Cell was a handicap. People care about the fact they they can't do what the TV ads are promising. And MS doesn't have any other advertising slogans to replace it.
Old 2013-09-20, 06:24   Link #2245
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's as most people thought- the TV features like NFL are all NA only... or are they referring to some other features?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 06:36   Link #2246
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's as most people thought- the TV features like NFL are all NA only... or are they referring to some other features?
Essentially there is currently no TV shows of any kind you can watch through Xbox1 outside the USA. People were hoping that there is something for the UK audience, but apparently not.

MS has stated in the article that they have given up getting it done by release, and that they are already planning for the time when the Xb1 get a discount. The idea is that the first adopters don't care about the TV features, while the console is still too expensive for casual TV watchers. So MS is counting on the increase in sales after a year or two when they cut the price and hopefully, by then the TV features would finally be available in other countries.

As I say, there is technically nothing wrong with that. What IS wrong is that their main marketing push revolves around the TV integration. They are promoting a feature that is available nationally but nowhere else, and that is a very inefficent marketing strategy.
Old 2013-09-20, 08:25   Link #2247
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Essentially there is currently no TV shows of any kind you can watch through Xbox1 outside the USA. People were hoping that there is something for the UK audience, but apparently not.

MS has stated in the article that they have given up getting it done by release, and that they are already planning for the time when the Xb1 get a discount. The idea is that the first adopters don't care about the TV features, while the console is still too expensive for casual TV watchers. So MS is counting on the increase in sales after a year or two when they cut the price and hopefully, by then the TV features would finally be available in other countries.

As I say, there is technically nothing wrong with that. What IS wrong is that their main marketing push revolves around the TV integration. They are promoting a feature that is available nationally but nowhere else, and that is a very inefficent marketing strategy.
Xbox 1 was suppose to be released earlier than the PS4 in the UK, but looks like that early release advantage holds no significance to them.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:18   Link #2248
chaosprophet

Microsoft on Xbox One vertical orientation: "Do it at your own risk"

Quote:
Panello revealed to GameSpot at the Tokyo Game Show, "We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk." He clarified that "it wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both".
(...)
Panello stated that Microsoft discovered that "we found, interestingly enough, that 80 percent of people, believe it or not, have their Xbox [360] horizontally".
I really wonder whether they should say things like that last line I quoted. Isn't this the same message as early on "most users use the internet so if you can't this console isn't for you"? Sure not being able to put in the vertical will likely only be a problem for a very small group, but still a bad message to give people.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:23   Link #2249
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post

I really wonder whether they should say things like that last line I quoted. Isn't this the same message as early on "most users use the internet so if you can't this console isn't for you"? Sure not being able to put in the vertical will likely only be a problem for a very small group, but still a bad message to give people.
Microsoft should lessen the releases of articles like these, it may affect a small group but nevertheless gives them more negative perception.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:26   Link #2250
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Xbox 1 was suppose to be released earlier than the PS4 in the UK, but looks like that early release advantage holds no significance to them.
It is all about choices. MS had grand plans that ended up require more work than they expected. Kinect voice recognition is barely ready, and the TV integration is barely ready. Yet both are suppose to be their main selling points.

To make it worse, the marketing began too early, before they realise they couldn't deliver on release.

If the interview is suggesting that MS is counting on a PS3-style revival, in that they would get their customers back in two years, good luck to them. But it just seems like they are better off not releasing this machine at all until it is feature complete.
Old 2013-09-20, 09:41   Link #2251
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
It is all about choices. MS had grand plans that ended up require more work than they expected. Kinect voice recognition is barely ready, and the TV integration is barely ready. Yet both are suppose to be their main selling points.

To make it worse, the marketing began too early, before they realise they couldn't deliver on release.

If the interview is suggesting that MS is counting on a PS3-style revival, in that they would get their customers back in two years, good luck to them. But it just seems like they are better off not releasing this machine at all until it is feature complete.
That is where the conflict is, if they cede this year and withhold the Xbox 1 release until it is ready which is maybe next year, Sony will have already too many customers and success for the Xbox 1 to come crawling back even with exclusives like Halo 5. If they release it with the dates now, it will only show the how inferior the Xbox 1 is to the PS4 and the same result will happen, but with the chance to improve it and win back customers 2 years after.

The 2 years after plan is full of flaws however, this is not the previous generation of gaming systems. I don't think this 2 years plan will work. Neither plan will unlikely work. They can however still maintain second place in gaming consoles at least.
Old 2013-09-20, 10:23   Link #2252
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post

I guess I'm part of the Elite 20% that keeps their 360 vertical Coincidentally I also keep my PS3 upright.

Either that or Microsoft forgot that the United States /= The World
Old 2013-09-20, 10:29   Link #2253
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That is where the conflict is, if they cede this year and withhold the Xbox 1 release until it is ready which is maybe next year, Sony will have already too many customers and success for the Xbox 1 to come crawling back even with exclusives like Halo 5. If they release it with the dates now, it will only show the how inferior the Xbox 1 is to the PS4 and the same result will happen, but with the chance to improve it and win back customers 2 years after.

The 2 years after plan is full of flaws however, this is not the previous generation of gaming systems. I don't think this 2 years plan will work. Neither plan will unlikely work. They can however still maintain second place in gaming consoles at least.
So the question really is if Sony can avoid any issues on their own end. Sony is quite capable of messing up, they are no geniuses. They have a lead now, a lead that MS has conceded. But it isn't over if MS is genuinely planning a marketing push 1 and a half years later.
Old 2013-09-20, 10:36   Link #2254
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
So the question really is if Sony can avoid any issues on their own end. Sony is quite capable of messing up, they are no geniuses. They have a lead now, a lead that MS has conceded. But it isn't over if MS is genuinely planning a marketing push 1 and a half years later.
I believe Sony learnt from their mistakes in the past, after all. Isn't this the same situation that Sony had at the start of the previous Generation? Having face the same situation they will try their best not to mess up.
Old 2013-09-20, 14:02   Link #2255
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

I think it's mostly because of the giant bomb PS4 from Sony dropped earlier than they anticipated. Sony has learnt a lot from the failure of PS3's launch, and with they managed to gather a wide range of passionate talents (Kaz, Cerny, Andrew, etc), along with the base of 1st party studios and the good side of 3rd party/indie. It will be interesting for the next few years.

The only problem right now is Japan and their obsession with Mobile Games.
Old 2013-09-22, 07:06   Link #2256
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I wonder how Microsoft will confront the PS4 Deep Down. That game by itself it convincing customers to steer away from Xbox 1. A game that is free and resembles the Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls, hard to beat a game like that.
Old 2013-09-22, 08:43   Link #2257
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I wonder how Microsoft will confront the PS4 Deep Down. That game by itself it convincing customers to steer away from Xbox 1. A game that is free and resembles the Elder Scrolls and Dark Souls, hard to beat a game like that.
Erm hmm... The free-to-play aspect might not be as definitive of an advantage for Deep Down as you might think...

In a way I can see where they're coming from: F2P + Capcom = -$$$

The stage is set for Deep Down vs Ryse.
Old 2013-09-22, 08:57   Link #2258
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Erm hmm... The free-to-play aspect might not be as definitive of an advantage for Deep Down as you might think...

In a way I can see where they're coming from: F2P + Capcom = -$$$

The stage is set for Deep Down vs Ryse.
True, most people are saying that. Though I expect Deep Down may be free initially then add DLC features for money to the game. This game sounds to good to be true, so that is what I think. Plus, Capcom has a lot of games in line such as Street Fighter and Resident Evil so I expect no big lost.

As for Ryse and Deep Down, we only seen small aspects of each game. Though I am leaning towards Deep Down, there is a sense of a Fantasy realm that sets it apart from Ryse. As much as I love Rome, I rather kill something more than Humans.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:02   Link #2259
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Capcom and Sony needs to clear the air on the scheme that they plan to use for Deep Down, Extra Credits can provide some examples of game F2P plans.

Ryse on the other hand... I don't know, it's too late to do any real thing about their combat system so they have to bet on their single player campaign.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:15   Link #2260
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Capcom and Sony needs to clear the air on the scheme that they plan to use for Deep Down, Extra Credits can provide some examples of game F2P plans.

Ryse on the other hand... I don't know, it's too late to do any real thing about their combat system so they have to bet on their single player campaign.
Too early to say anything about it, if it is free. It is good for the gamers. Even if Capcom don't get profit, they get recognition which I say is better than profit. It provides gamers a good impression on them and inspire confidence within Capcom developers to develop games with the best of their abilities knowing they got loyal customers. The thing I kind of hate about the Gaming industry is that people tend to think that there is only one wya to gain profit, but there are more ways than one to get it. Capcom is trying the bait and rope technique, Deep Down is a nut while we are the Rabbits. With Deep Down you can expect more customers to take interest in any game Capcom develops. While Street Fighters in my opinion is losing its flare, the Resident Evil series may become a powerhouse name again. Also, isn't it weird to debate about a good thing for us, a free game of this level?

By the way, has anyone try to experiment the new upgraded Xbox 1 GPU with the PS4 with gaming benchmarks? While early yes, but if someone from a big name website wanted to they can configure a PC to match the specs of each Gaming consoles or close to it and do benchmarks of current games.
One was done before the upgrade on August which was this one in July has another surface yet?