AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-23, 22:00   Link #41
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Stop to Post almost message...
Just wait that Nagumo or someone
demand to translate them... =_=

nagumo who??
Old 2006-06-23, 22:26   Link #42
Rutee

You can go to apollyon lj to see translation for
Mai Otome CD drama vol 2, she/he had translate half of track 9, and track 6
Old 2006-06-24, 08:44   Link #43
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com/11793.html#cutid1

Some Good Translation
And The track 9 especially
Old 2006-06-24, 16:17   Link #44
SpeedRcrX
Ba~bu~!

heheh in the end, the producers make it "official"

Everyone will know what I'm talking about if you click on IchyKyo's link just above
Old 2006-06-24, 18:09   Link #45
ShinigamiRukia
Ketchup Drinker

Send a message via MSN to ShinigamiRukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRcrX
heheh in the end, the producers make it "official"

Everyone will know what I'm talking about if you click on IchyKyo's link just above
Yup, at least they dont have to worry about angry people rampaging into their studio and complaining

Thanks mangalowres for the avatar ^^
Thanks vandakiara
for the sig. ^^
Old 2006-06-27, 23:32   Link #46
Jeffry2009
Banned

sorry but too much posting for but trying to delete my old message but i can't. thanks for the last post.I'm sorry about that.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2006-07-04 at 01:29.
Old 2006-07-02, 01:15   Link #47
Jeffry2009
Banned

can anybody what is 'shimamoyo' or something from track 2 in english?
Old 2006-07-02, 21:03   Link #48
cyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri
any news for a drama vol.2 translation? Can anybody post this for me?
Please pread the previous posts before asking this question. Someone already made a post in regards to translations. Also, these translations are a free service that fellow fans do for us if/when they have time. Going around begging isn't going to help. That said, "shimamoyo" is something like "Striped Pattern". Track 2 is about Tomoe's run in with Nao and the Striped Gang.
Old 2006-07-04, 01:47   Link #49
Jeffry2009
Banned

Is anybody know about track 7 where arika & mashiro tries to cook dish for themselves but she wants Miyu to try it . And all i know the track ends where both Mashiro & Miyu collapsed after they tried Arika's. Very funny!! sorry for the bad english. Thank You.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2006-07-06 at 23:55.
Old 2006-07-06, 21:10   Link #50
Jeffry2009
Banned

sorry for the second post. I just really want to know about track 7 that I previously post last week? I just really want a little help but I have no idea how. (That's because i'm new here.)

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2006-07-06 at 23:55.
Old 2006-07-07, 03:03   Link #51
Rutee

Can u just wait and edit your post before posting again, and I wonder did you read someone post before you post, if not do read! Dont just read what you want to read.

anyway kusashiyu had made a summary for track 7-10
http://kusashiyu.livejournal.com/7440.html#cutid1
Old 2006-07-12, 08:44   Link #52
Jeffry2009
Banned

Okay! I have done listening every drama tracks that i want! Here some full track
summaries that i have listen so far.....

from track 1 to 6 (taken from http://apollyon-0.livejournal.com ) :-

01. Prologue: Shizuru and Natsuki are working, browsing through several kinds of documents, until Natsuki finds a notebook, given to Shizuru by Arika-tachi (I guess it's the same that they were reading in Vol.1). Natsuki doesn't want to read it because there might be personal private information, but Shizuru goes on and starts reading...

02. -- First Story: "the Stripes Strongest Tradition" . This track deserves more attention. Tomoe vs Nao in her "Stripes gang leader" version....

03. -- Second Story: "the lost flow" (more or less) Midori tells Arika about her childhood with Reito and Yohko. We discover how Reito became the cyborg Rad, and how Yohko immediately understands the consequences of the use of that technology.

04. -- Third Story: "Onee-sama e---" (This summary only gives an idea of the events, will be probably improved later)

Note: I think there are some time inconsistencies with the anime version here...
During Artai's invasion, Tomoe visits Shizuru in her luxury prison room. As usual, she's quite shy adressing to her Onee-sama, until Shizuru suggests to find something "sugoi" to have more fun together.
Tomoe: "More?"
Shizuru: "Right... mo-re"
(The way Tomoe stresses this "more" makes me think that the kissing scene in ep.20 stopped at the kiss...)
Tomoe asks if it's ok for Shizuru to do "this, that, and whatnot", and Shizuru confirms again.
Our young villain is very excited at the idea and starts... drooling, until Shizuru calmly tells her that there is enough drool on her face already. (You have to listen to the track to appreciate how this and the following lines are delivered)
Now starts the funny part: Tomoe leaves and then comes back in the room several times, presenting all sort of "items", which Shizuru doesn't find suitable enough , including some kind of "ero" mechanic device Tomoe gets from Yohko (I'm not sure if it's some modified part of her Robe, since Yohko refers to the use of "her power"). Although Shizuru finds this last object interesting, it won't do...
Tomoe then starts a sort of cosplay where she presents herself in sado-maso/slave/cool playboy/child/granny versions, until Shizuru finally asks her if she understands what she's doing.
Frustrated Tomoe admits she doesn't know, and Shizuru asks:
"What do you desire from the bottom of your heart? Your first desire, the best thing that can make you feel good... come now, try to listen to your own heart.."
Tomoe shyly starts her patented baby sound (remember what Chie did to her in the previous Drama CD), and after some further encouragement she screams a "Ba---bu----" that fills the whole city.

After that, Yohko's monologue explains (I think) how the baby toys were delivered to the room. I'm not sure if afterwards she says she is she going to meet someone to get a message while unguarded, and thanks Shizuru-san for the opportunity to leave... Yohko, you talk too fast for my very limited skills... ^^; (I'll edit the entry when I have more accurate information.)

I must say, after the comedic part this track gives some very bittersweet vibes. I don't know who delivers a better performance here, Shindou Naomi or Tanaka Rie...
I think this track is linked to track 9 by the theme of the "true nature behind appearances". You can better undestand why in ep. 13 Shizuru told Tomoe that she reminded her of herself when she was younger... they both have the ability to wear a mask of composure and perfection, to be up to people's expectations and be respected and admired, hiding what their hearts truly desire. And Tomoe's desires are very basic after all, although a bit warped... I hope to see her again in the OAVs.
---
05. -- Fourth Story: "Otome's Mischief". Characters: Tomoe, Nina, Sergay. The story revolves around the compromising pictures of Nina in lingerie sold by Nao and published in a copy of that scoop magazine (Nina tries to prevent Sergay from seeing them)
---
06. -- Fifth Story: "The President's conspiracy"
Yukino wins... no doubt about it. She knows (almost) anything and can control even Nao (this is the feeling I get from listening to the track, I'll explain later what I mean)

Everything starts with Haruka laughing at Natsuki for her hitchhiking incident. Pissed-off Natsuki asks her to stop it again and again, but Haruka tells her that she hasn't changed at all since their school days... While the two keep arguing, Nao asks the President not to dispose of the picture taken during this incident. Yukino replies that this could surely make her get a lot of money, but is it right for a Column to do such a thing?
Nao pretends not to know what she's talking about, but Yukino tells her not to underestimate her country intelligence network ... "leader of the Stripes Gang", she adds... Nao cannot counter to this. Yukino notices that the background voices disturb their conversation, and asks Haruka to continue her exchange with Natsuki about the old days in another room.
Haruka is relieved to hear this and drags Natsuki away... (Quick note: if you keep an ear to Haruka/Natsuki's conversation, you can hear that Natsuki manages to embarass Haruka mentioning some kind of "white rabbit" outfit and calling her "Usagi-chan", information that were apparently provided by Shizuru.)
Now alone with Nao, Yukino tells her that she wants to discuss something with her. Nao wonders if she wants her to secretly listen to Haruka/Natsuki's conversation...

Starts seduction scene in the shower. No need to add more , follow Apollyon's translation here (and thanks to Haruka for her perfect timing!)

Yukino: "So that's how it is."
Nao: "Why do you want to know about the relationship between Gakuenchou and the Graceful Amethyst?"
Yukino explains that knowing about her friends' privacy can make things easier, but the relationship between those two has never been clear to her. Nao mildly says that there is something dark behind Yukino's sweet smile (more or less), and Yukino comments that Nao is the same too: the phrase she said about not caring about Shizuru while she pushed down Natsuki, "what an evil thing to do!"...
Nao plays nonchalant at first but then freaks out. How does Yukino know about her words at that moment? Never forget: "Don't underestimate our country intelligence network"
Nao admits her defeat. A subordinate informs Yukino that a meeting is going to start soon, and before leaving Yukino tells Nao to remind her of her own matter at the right moment. (this line may be completely wrong)
"President..." Nao says, with the tone of someone thinking "how cunning".
"Yes.", Yukino replies with an angelic voice, and then leaves.

Now, let me say it: Yukino Chrysant is scary. ^^'
She can arrive everywhere with her intelligence network and can use the information she gets in the best way. I see a reference here to HiME!Yukino, her Element and Child allowed her to see everyone, everywhere, any time. Mashiro was right when she said that behind her smiling and kind attitude this woman could obtain what she wanted... Except knowing the exact nature of Shizuru and Natsuki's relationship (and this tells a lot at how good they are at hiding it, even if Natsuki's words about Shizuru during the seduction scene speak for themselves!)

Now, time to take a break, there are 35°C now! I'll post an entry about track 09 and the other tracks later (and look for some more information in the meantime)
Just an appetizer from track 9, however:
"I... I want to know more about you! Not the "you" that I wilfully created in my mind, but the real you"...
I loved this emotional Natsuki!
Old 2006-07-12, 08:48   Link #53
Jeffry2009
Banned

Otome Drama CD 02 Track 06 (fragment)

So... the 'good' parts of track 06, and track 09... not proofread and all, but the general meaning should be okay... ^_^
Once more: This translation is not 100% accurate.
A lot of the other tracks (though mostly from the first Drama CD) are translated at animesuki here.^_^

"Thank you, Natsuki-Oneesama."
*ominous sound*
"O-Oneesama!?"
"But, it's true... you're my senpai after all. O-ne-e-sa-ma."
"Nao, did you eat something bad? You're freaking me out."
(*deep voice* "It's me, I say!")
"Huh?"
*normal voice* "It's nothing, Oneesama..."
"Anyway, about the shower, I'm almost finished. Just wait a bit more."
"Ara, don't stop just because of me... let's do it together---"
"Haaah? Nao, what on earth - "
*chuckle*
"So beautiful... Oneesama's hair... her clear, white skin..."
"O... oi..."
"Your slender waist..."
"Wah-!"
"Your modest yet perfectly shaped breasts..."
*pyun*
"Ah!"
*chuckle*
"So cute, Natsuki-Oneesama..."
"Iyaaaaaa! Stop it, idiot! Those are for Shizuru's use only!"
*flash sound*
"Hah? As I thought... it's like that...!"
"Eh?"
*choked with sobs* "I knew it... Gakuenchou and Shizuru-Oneesama have... this kind of relationship..."
"Chigau! Shizuru and me aren't..."
"Then, what kind of relationship do you have?"
"That's... uh... Anyway, why would you care? That's not related to you in any way!"
"Tha- that's..."
"If you're trying to kid me, stop it right now. I don't have time for this."
"It's not a joke! Why won't you understand? I've always... Natsuki..."
*clothes fall to the floor*
"Oi, why... your clothes..."
"I've always used abuse language with you... because being alone with you made me so nervous... I didn't know how to talk to you..."
*more clothes rustling*
"Nao..."
"That's why... Natsuki-Oneesamaaaa!" *jumps*
"Wha-what are you-! Stop it!"
"Even if there's Shizuru, I don't care! But if not, then... I... I...!"
*sound of a door*
"Natsuki! Shame on you for disappearing on me! We're not finished talking ye- "
"Ack..."
"You two, what are you...?"
"Err, this is..."
"Iyaaaaaaa!!!"
Old 2006-07-12, 08:54   Link #54
Jeffry2009
Banned

The remaining track....

My English isn't at its best in this entry, sorry... and it's still very hot here today...^^'

07. Dairoku hanashi - Arika yori ai wo komete. Characters: Mai, Mikoto, Miyu, Arika, Mashiro.
Set during Arika & Mashiro's training in the Black Valley. Several comedy moments with Mashiro and Miyu, who eventually taste a dish prepared by Arika to show them her affection. Mashiro ends up screaming and looking for water (same "mizu/mimizu" joke as the preview for episode 19), while Miyu tries to endure the shock and short-circuits... now we know a secret weapon to defeat her...
-------------
08. Daishichi hanashi - Hoshi ga kanaderu monogatari. Characters: Arika, Mashiro, Nina, Sergay.
A whispered track... Set the night before the final battle between Nagi and Windbloom allies. Mashiro asks Arika if she's afraid of the incoming battle, and Arika confesses she is. Mashiro apologises because after Nagi's invasion Arika was forced to fight against Nina, and she feels responsible for Erstin's death. When Mashiro starts crying, Arika invites her to come to sleep in her bed.
Arika remembers that when she was a child, her grandmother used to wrap her arms around her and reassured her... Arika feels warm also next to Mashiro, and she will fight for her.
In the second half of the track, Sergay apologises to Nina for not... doing what she wanted him to do. Nina explains that she will fight to protect him, stating very clearly "aishitemasu, Sergay". But Sergay tells her that this time he wants to be the one to protect her. He leaves while she sleeps.
Back to Arika and Mashiro talking about Nina. The track ends with the rather shocking sound of Sergay falling down after the gun shot.
This is a very touching track, it shows very well the characters' feelings and motivations on the eve of their difficult battle. Mashiro and Arika are developing a very strong bond, and even Nina/Sergay is sweet... although I still have troubles digesting this pairing...

-------------
09. Bonus track - Shizuru Viola's memoirs

This is THE Track. apollyon_0 (aka "Sugoi") completed the translation here - and translated also the new Maitake's comic - so I'll simply comment the events.
We finally know what was written in the letter Irina managed to deliver to Shizuru in episode 24 (I wished they would make a DVD Special with it): Natsuki lets her know that she is safe and she will definitely free her. The letter makes Shizuru very happy.

Then the Graceful Amethyst starts narrating about a particular episode that changed her...
Natsuki's "iie" at the beginning reminded the other "iie" she screamed in Mai HiME episode 23... but I didn't expect the slap! A very effective way to refuse unwanted attentions, Natsuki-style.

Young Shizuru is scary and very cold-hearted on this occasion, and still hasn't a good perception of her own self. She does what people expect her to do (very similar to Tomoe, in this), according to high standards of beauty and classy behaviour. She thinks all her fans are the same, but Natsuki running away in tears forces her to start reconsidering this.
Her following interaction with Haruka further develops the idea of Shizuru hiding behind a smiling mask. A flaming Haruka wants to get the place of Pearl number one through a 'butou', but Shizuru, who is still thinking about Natsuki, is unfazed by her friend's competitive spirit; Haruka, however, already realised that Natsuki is important for her. When she tells her to react and realise her "true feelings" Shizuru successfully diverts Haruka's attention offering her the famous "bubuzuke". Haruka falls in the trap at first, but then she understands what she has to do. She goes to Natsuki, still depressed for the events, and literally orders her to become her room-attendant. This shocks Shizuru, and Haruka gets her chance to challenge her to a 'butou' to "get" Natsuki.

Mai's role here is very important, and we understand why Natsuki missed her so much after she left Garderobe. Mai jokes about the challenge, and then asks Natsuki whether she would like Shizuru or Haruka to win. Natsuki is very disillusioned that Shizuru is not the person she thought she was, but Mai points out that it was Natsuki herself who idolized her, and maybe she is now angry because Shizuru thinks her fans are all the same. Natsuki denies, but Mai knows Natsuki very well... suddenly saying that she could be a candidate too to become Shizuru's room attendant, she gets the reaction she wants. Natsuki says it isn't right, so Mai tells her to go and talk with Shizuru without further hesitation.

In an almost broken voice Natsuki tells a shocked Shizuru that she wants to be her room attendant, to know her more... not the idol-Shizuru she created of her own accord, but the real Shizuru. (one of the best scenes in this Drama CD, in my opinion)
So Shizuru finally finds her motivation to fight, and we discover that there is someone behind Haruka's challenge to get Natsuki as room attendant (guess who?)
When the 'butou' starts, and Haruka as usually mispells one of her war-slogans, Mai and Natsuki notice that Yukino corrects her. Yukino is a fourth year at Windbloom University (I didn't expect her to be older than Haruka!), she recognises Natsuki and tells them that Haruka was worried about a friend of hers "who was troubled because of an underclassman, and because both of them wouldn't listen, she tried a lot of things... that's why I..."
Natsuki is very happy (in a very composed way) to hear this, while the fight begins...

Final considerations: both Shizuru and Natsuki are lucky to have friends like Haruka and Mai, who effectively manage to help them realize their true feelings. Both Shizuru and Natsuki have very strong personalities, and surely had communication problems at the beginning. I think this track is very satisfying for Shizuru/Natsuki fans, their bond is further described as something very deep and strong that made both of them better as persons (this is also what their bios in the "Mai Otome Anime Book" clearly state). And the general feeling I get from both the series and these bonus tracks is that they are like a navigated married couple...
-------------
10. Epilogue.
Shizuru is on the verge of tears because of the story she's reading and invites Natsuki to read too, but she suddenly realises that the notebook is empty. Natsuki, in a very serious tone, wonders if the notebook was written by a human being or if maybe...

Change of scene: Mashiro, Nina and Arika are talking about the notebook when Miss Maria appears. They tell her that they gave the notebook to Shizuru, but they suddenly hear a "amp" while Miss Maria speaks. A Dark!Miss Maria appears, and the "normal" one tells the girls to run away. She'll fight this monster/ghost who apparently absorbs the energy of Garderobe pupils who happen to find the notebook. (not sure about this line)
The following scene is crazy: Miss Maria materialises and - of course - is young again (her voice is too funny!). When the monster calls her "obaba" (granny) she tells it to shut up and the sound of her slashing Element can be heard...
How many bottles of sake do Sunrise writers drink before creating scripts like this one, I wonder?!

Is it okay if i post this from http://kusashiyu.livejournal.com ? That's all what i posted there....
Old 2006-07-12, 13:03   Link #55
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Quote:
Is it okay if i post this from http://kusashiyu.livejournal.com ? That's all what i posted there....
Actually, I would have preferred if you had asked me first. Or a simple link to the entries would have been enough (thanks to the user who posted the link to my blog some messages ago).

I have a limited knowledge of Japanese, and just tried to give the general meaning of the content of the tracks. I'm not sure if I understood some parts correctly, that's why I posted those entries in my Journal and not in a forum.

If you wish to share the complete content of one of my entries, please tell me in advance, the next time. Thanks.
Old 2006-07-13, 00:11   Link #56
Jeffry2009
Banned

Really? Maybe I should post the translation the story about shizuru viola(final track) later.
Old 2006-07-13, 05:07   Link #57
Efreeta
Secret gardener

Quote:
Really? Maybe I should post the translation the story about shizuru viola(final track) later.
[Off Topic]

I have just sent you a Private Message, please read it when you log in.
Closed Thread