AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-30, 09:22   Link #61
Vree

It's way too soon for Sengoku to make I mean, do you really think that the supreme leader of the Marines would leave his post for a mere Supernova. Not only would that distract him from more important tasks but it would send a message that the Marines are reaching the end of their strenght. But mentioning that, I wonder when we would stop seeing the Marines as the biggest threat. At some point in the story they will surely exhaust their strenght, and if that was to be happen a longer time before the story comes to a close, who would be their replacement as antagonists? An evil Yonkou? Some kind of secret elite squad from the World Government's side? Interesting, no?

It's kind of strange, though, now that you mention it, that so many of the strongest Marines (Garp, Aokiji, even Kizaru) seem to be "taking it easy". Sure, it helps to show how little threat the enemy really is to them but in the end it still prevents them from getting the job done. Any of these guys would have been able to stop Luffy and prevent the problems he causes now and in the past from happening. (Though I don't blame Kizaru, he had his hands full at the time.) And given that, it'd be nice if Akainu turned to be the exact opposite, stopping each and every pirate he comes across with absolutely no remorse and at any cost. (Since it's pretty clear that sticking to orders and allowing pirates to get away will always lead to problems with the Marines in the future).
In fact, both Garp's and Aokiji's behavior shows me that they haven't entirely thrown in their lot with the Marines and are probably seeing a bigger picture.

Oh, and on Sengoku and Haki, I think it'd be quite fitting for him to have the King's Haki also, and a mastered version of it. He is known as the Buddha after all.
Old 2009-01-30, 10:30   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Not much to add since my last post, except that Luffy hasn't found the Level 4 stairs yet - he's jumping around looking for them and that for the 4 gaoler beasts below, one seems to be that Minotaur.

Yeah, I'm also guessing that the minotaur is one of those guardian beasts, since he hasn't appeared in any of the first 3 levels so far. I also kinda wonder if Hannybal counts as one of them, as well, because Buggy says that he didn't want to run into any of the beasts, or Magellan.......

Anyways, fun chapter, this. Gotta love how that sphinx is still shouting out names of noodles ("GRRRRR SOUP SPAGHETTI!"). It'll also be pretty interesting to see how Saldeath/Sarudeath (however his name his spelled, but the level 3 boss) will deal with Luffy in the next chapter. Seeing as he's the leader of those freaky gorillas, I doubt that he's weak.....

And.... yeah, the Bon Clay scene was awesome (I love how he's perfectly fine while the other prisoners in his cell are exhausted and weak). But I think the best part of the whole scene was Buggy and Mr. 3's reactions at the end:

Quote:
Mr3: Could we maybe... not let this guy out of his cage?
Buggy: Wh... What manner of creature is this.........?

Well, seeing as Croc already appeared last chapter, the only BW guy left is Daz, who's most likely in level 4.....
Old 2009-01-30, 11:12   Link #63
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'm also guessing that the minotaur is one of those guardian beasts, since he hasn't appeared in any of the first 3 levels so far. I also kinda wonder if Hannybal counts as one of them, as well, because Buggy says that he didn't want to run into any of the beasts, or Magellan.......
I don't think Hannybal would be one, since he doesn't seem to fit the description - seems the 4 big beasties are wandering around on the lower floors only. And, I think they would all be rather hard-core, like that Minotaur... and definitely not comical.

Quote:
Anyways, fun chapter, this. Gotta love how that sphinx is still shouting out names of noodles ("GRRRRR SOUP SPAGHETTI!"). It'll also be pretty interesting to see how Saldeath/Sarudeath (however his name his spelled, but the level 3 boss) will deal with Luffy in the next chapter. Seeing as he's the leader of those freaky gorillas, I doubt that he's weak.....
Luffy and "Sarudesu"'s conversation was LOL for me - flows quite nicely too in Japanese and I can just imagine the "boke" voice Luffy would be using...

Glad that Oda's still keeping things fun... since I suspect the situation will become increasingly serious...

Quote:
And.... yeah, the Bon Clay scene was awesome (I love how he's perfectly fine while the other prisoners in his cell are exhausted and weak). But I think the best part of the whole scene was Buggy and Mr. 3's reactions at the end:
With the guards busy with Luffy, may be good idea to try to start a prison break on Level 3 since they can't yet get up to Level 2... though most of the inmates look very weakened. It'll be interesting to see how the Blugori handle the current situation in Level 2...

Quote:
Well, seeing as Croc already appeared last chapter, the only BW guy left is Daz, who's most likely in level 4.....
I wonder if he'll have changed a lot - wannabe superhero. He and Luffy never met either... though Daz might well recognise Luffy. If Daz has gone really superhero, I can imagine him trying to help the other prisoners in whatever way he can - which might catch Luffy's attention.
Old 2009-01-30, 13:08   Link #64
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

i have a feeling all of them will be caught again except luffy = =`
Old 2009-01-30, 14:22   Link #65
Lizard

Nice Chapter

I loved how when Mr. 3 and Buggy started gloating how they will leave him and not helping him further Luffy was all "oh what pity, Ok guy see ya, have fun and good luck"...

Looking at the pattern we should meet Mr.1 on next floor, I am looking forward to it, he was one of the cooler minor villains in OP.

Random wouldnt-be-it-cool guess: It looks like that Buggy is in quite good terms with Mr.3 and Mr. 2 looks like someone who wouldnt stand out in his crew at all so...What if all previous Baroque Works agents (excluding Crocodile obviously) will escape together with Buggy and join his crew?

Also one thing bothers me: Garps son is Dragon, a man who is probably consider the biggest or one of the biggest threats to World Goverment, his elder grandson is commander in White Beards crew, who is again archenemy of WG, and his younger grandson, pretty much declared war on WG and screwed them at every opportunity he gets. Yet, he is still influental Vice-Admiral and whats more when he heard about Luffys latest exploit, instead of beign furios or ashamed, he starts laughing his ass off, clearly proud and happy about Luffys strenght and courage in front of enraged Sengoku, who is the highest marine commander, and most probably one of the most powerful characters in OP (even when not in fighting strenght, I doubt anyone would beat him in influence or resources/underlings aviable) without any consequence whatsoever. What the hell did Garp do that he become practically untouchable by marines, arrested Gold Roger or something?
Old 2009-01-30, 14:26   Link #66
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The 4 on 4 fight guarantees that Buggy and Mr. 3 cannot escape their fate. And I guess, the remaining strawhats will go back to get back their ship only to learn Luffy's aim. Luckily, they will be capable of moving underwater, so, the escape will most likely be happening under level 5, or at it, but not above.
Old 2009-01-30, 16:59   Link #67
james0246

Just to clarify, was the Impel Down escapee listed in Chapter 530 (Flying Pirate Kinjishi) the same as the villain from Movie 10? Or did we receive bad info earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
What the hell did Garp do that he become practically untouchable by marines, arrested Gold Roger or something?
Garp was, during the time of Gold D. Roger, the only marine to ever be able to corner Roger. While that is not to say that he was equal to Roger, Garp still built up a reputation as a fearsome opponent that can stand up to (presumably) the best (even Whitebeard respects Garp, and there are very few people Whitebeard seems to respect). Consequently, due to both Garp's strength as well as his reputation amongst the world, Garp has certain leeway that other Marines do not have.
Old 2009-01-30, 17:38   Link #68
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just to clarify, was the Impel Down escapee listed in Chapter 530 (Flying Pirate Kinjishi) the same as the villain from Movie 10? Or did we receive bad info earlier?
No only that someone escaped from impel down 20 years ago.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:40   Link #69
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It may be... i did a quick search on "Kinjinshi" and came up with something that says it means "Golden Lion" which is the movie 10 villian people have been talking about (it seems like people are also pointing this out on other one piece forums)... if golden lion is a translation of Kinjinshi, then the translators might have decided to leave it as Kinjinshi because it was meant to be used as a name... kinda like how "yuki" would be translated as "snow" if you were talking about snow, but not translated if "Yuki" was being used as a person's name
Old 2009-01-30, 18:59   Link #70
marvelB

"Kinjishi" is definitely the same "Gold Lion" Shiki from movie 10. If you watch the movie's trailer you'll notice that he's referred to as "Kinjishi", as well. So yeah, Shiki was the one who escaped from Impel Down 20 years ago. It should be pretty interesting to see how Oda will involve this guy in the main storyline. He may end up being an altogether different beast from his movie counterpart......
Old 2009-01-30, 19:06   Link #71
Slayerx

Quote:
"Kinjishi" is definitely the same "Gold Lion" Shiki from movie 10. If you watch the movie's trailer you'll notice that he's referred to as "Kinjishi", as well. So yeah, Shiki was the one who escaped from Impel Down 20 years ago. It should be pretty interesting to see how Oda will involve this guy in the main storyline. He may end up being an altogether different beast from his movie counterpart......
Considering oda is writing the story line for movie 10, i'd highly doubt he would make a distinct difference between the two like that... i mean what would be the point? and it's not like its even remotely certain that Lion will actually even have a role in the manga
Old 2009-01-30, 20:09   Link #72
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Haha I still have to laugh at Oda for showing us lvs 1-5 and another lv thats darkened out. Is there really any point now?

I'm really anxious to see those four "demon guards"
Old 2009-01-30, 20:13   Link #73
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Considering oda is writing the story line for movie 10, i'd highly doubt he would make a distinct difference between the two like that... i mean what would be the point? and it's not like its even remotely certain that Lion will actually even have a role in the manga

To further elaborate what I meant by "different beast", I was really talking about his role in both the manga and movie's canon. I'm not saying that Oda would have to completely change his character design/personality/abilities..... after all, it seems that Oda's put a lot of work into this one character. But I'd think that Shiki wouldn't have the exact same role as he did in the movie (as a villain who swipes Nami away). For all we know, Shiki may very well be dead in the manga, but still retains a reputation that puts him along the same vein as Roger or Whitebeard.....
Old 2009-01-30, 21:52   Link #74
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Haha I still have to laugh at Oda for showing us lvs 1-5 and another lv thats darkened out. Is there really any point now?

There is officially only five levels in Impel Down, correct?
I don't think a six level has ever been confirmed.
Old 2009-01-30, 22:02   Link #75
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
There is officially only five levels in Impel Down, correct?
I don't think a six level has ever been confirmed.
Well i do think that within the manga its been "rumored" that there is a 6th level where beast needed to disappear from history... and by the laws of anime logic that pretty means that yes there IS a 6th level where creatures are put so they are removed from history... Kinda how like something that has only a 10% chance of happening is unlikely to happen, but something that only has a one-in-a-million chance is gonna be sure thing
Old 2009-01-30, 22:07   Link #76
marvelB

Not to mention that there was a diagram in the previous chapter that showed an unlabeled sixth level in the prison (which I believe Freya is referring to):

A lot of people think that Ace, Jinbei and Croc are imprisoned in level 5, but as I said before, there hasn't actually been any indication of that at all. Heck, Buggy even told Luffy from the get-go that Ace was most likely imprisoned in the rumored level 6+......
Old 2009-01-30, 22:15   Link #77
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post

I repeat, would the four beasts be based on the gaurdians of kyoto?
Old 2009-01-30, 22:16   Link #78
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Not to mention that there was a diagram in the previous chapter that showed an unlabeled sixth level in the prison (which I believe Freya is referring to):

A lot of people think that Ace, Jinbei and Croc are imprisoned in level 5, but as I said before, there hasn't actually been any indication of that at all. Heck, Buggy even told Luffy from the get-go that Ace was most likely imprisoned in the rumored level 6+......
Mmm that and this chapter had another one. You know for all we know that "6th level" could just be an empty area holding lvs 1-5 together.
Old 2009-01-30, 22:45   Link #79
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well i do think that within the manga its been "rumored" that there is a 6th level where beast needed to disappear from history... and by the laws of anime logic that pretty means that yes there IS a 6th level where creatures are put so they are removed from history... Kinda how like something that has only a 10% chance of happening is unlikely to happen, but something that only has a one-in-a-million chance is gonna be sure thing
But it was never stated there was a sixth level in Impel down.
It's not official at all...Yet, according to you.

I appreciate the pic Marvel B but I think Freya hit it on the mark with his/her post above so far ^^.
Old 2009-01-30, 23:18   Link #80
Paraden1989

if Shiki is not the "Golden Lion" from the new movie, i think he would have to be one of the Yonkou! hopefully! but i would not be suprice to find out that he linked the manga story plot to the movie because he did write it!
Closed Thread