AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-05-22, 19:55   Link #6061
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
> implying this novel not continuing would be a bad thing.
Of course it'd be bad! How are we gonna live without falling satellites that coincidentally have the algae required to create the green house effects on Mars on said rock or dancing out in space without a being anchored to your ship or the awesomeness of pumpkin tanks or Relena finally shooting Heero for no apparent reason or, OR, OOOOORRRRRRR ALL THIS MAGICAL GOODNESS!?!??!?!

What would we do with ourselves?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 20:04   Link #6062
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Live successful, more fulfilling lives?
Old 2014-05-22, 23:31   Link #6063
Knight_SV

maybe sumizawa has running out of idea??
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 01:40   Link #6064
FalsePrime

Hey I've been a detractor of Frozen since near the beginning Eeni's qoute is enough proof of that, however I won't lie I don't want to see it not finished.

Frozen has had the worst pacing of any material I've ever encounterd, and I've read some shit FanFiction. It has some of the dumbest story twists as well.

Thing is even if it's been negative, it's brought some light back to Wing, the MG's we've gotten are really because of it's push and there has been some good with the bad.

The battles have been great, and the Mars stuff when Sumizawa decides to focus can be very entertaining when you take the characters as new and just ignore their looks.

So am I sad its leaving? Yes, and really I think it's sad that some Wing fans are taking pleasure in it's demise.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 01:50   Link #6065
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The thing about being a fan of something is that it does not mean that you should automatically accept mediocre or subpar quality in future installments of something simply because it's related to your original interest in it. Fans should not be automatically accepting of such things, lest they be mindless sheep that allow the perpetuation of such inferior products.

Frozen Teardrop might have one or two shining moments, but that does not make up for the rest of the story being utterly unoriginal trash. As a Gundam Wing fan, part of you should be upset and angry that the story exists in its current form, not upset that it might be gone just because of a few good moments scattered amongst a sea of garbage.
Old 2014-05-23, 12:11   Link #6066
balofo
Banned

No chapter this month again.

Last nail on the coffin?
balofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 13:23   Link #6067
FalsePrime

While I'm a fan of Wing, the fact is Wing is trash in the first place. Frozen Teardrop made it worse, but I don't agree with people who really think it's all that worse then Wing was in the first place.

So no, I'm not upset because in my opinion all Frozen Teardrop has done is bring out the good parts of Gundam Wing, the Mobile Suit design by Katoki. So I will gladly take what the rest of you view as "trash" because to me it's just more of the same if only a little bit more stinky.
Old 2014-05-23, 16:18   Link #6068
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
While I'm a fan of Wing, the fact is Wing is trash in the first place. Frozen Teardrop made it worse, but I don't agree with people who really think it's all that worse then Wing was in the first place.

So no, I'm not upset because in my opinion all Frozen Teardrop has done is bring out the good parts of Gundam Wing, the Mobile Suit design by Katoki. So I will gladly take what the rest of you view as "trash" because to me it's just more of the same if only a little bit more stinky.
Pretty sure that's an opinion.

Of course there was some cheesiness in GW (like there is throughout the franchise) but much of FT wasn't more of the same at all. The ridiculously contrived character connections alone were worse than GW at it's lowest point. With that said, as bad as it was, I was happy it gave GW fans something to discuss.

Regardless, if this is truly the end/a hiatus for FT, what happens to GoL?
Old 2014-05-23, 20:08   Link #6069
Knight_SV

GoL still on-going. but there still no scan for the april chapter available. it has featured an angel-winged tallgeese I. a possible predecessor for Wing Zero EW angel wings
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 20:20   Link #6070
FalsePrime

Of course it's an opinion. We are in 2014, I think we are beyond the need for putting IMO behind everything we type.

Unless we decide to use terms like WE/US or any other descripter that specifically says that one is trying to talk for others it should always be read as someones opinion.

I also disagree that FT was worse then Wing at it's lowest point. Wing had a chance to have the single most unique lead in the Gundam franchise and they threw that away and nothing will be worse then Heero letting Zechs live just because it would make Relena sad.
Old 2014-05-24, 15:45   Link #6071
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Of course it's an opinion. We are in 2014, I think we are beyond the need for putting IMO behind everything we type.

Unless we decide to use terms like WE/US or any other descripter that specifically says that one is trying to talk for others it should always be read as someones opinion.

I also disagree that FT was worse then Wing at it's lowest point. Wing had a chance to have the single most unique lead in the Gundam franchise and they threw that away and nothing will be worse then Heero letting Zechs live just because it would make Relena sad.
Heero not killing Zechs was apart of Heero's character development. Over the course of the series he softened up. Killing the Alliance pacifists changed his character a whole lot. He stopped laughing like a maniac after that and took things more serious. Heero didn't kill Zechs for the same reason he couldn't bring himself to kill Relena, Quatre and Duo after threatening to do so. Because he cared about them.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 15:47   Link #6072
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or maybe it's just because he's contractually obligated to not kill anyone he says he'll kill. :V
Old 2014-05-24, 19:35   Link #6073
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Of course you don't have to explicitly state something is your opinion but when you putting in the word "fact" contradicts that entirely.

That's your reasoning for FT not being worse than GW? As Tendou said, there were legitimate reasons for Heero not killing Zechs and the series didn't throw anything away. Like any series, it has it's flaws; Heero sparing Zechs wasn't one of them.
Old 2014-05-24, 22:45   Link #6074
balofo
Banned

Actually there's a FT chapter. Also glorious Tallgeese Flugel

Tallgeese Flugel details: Wing Binders have built-in Beam Sabers and the Heat Lance can penetrate PD.
Old 2014-05-24, 23:06   Link #6075
Blazer-X

What I'd give for them to release some of these "MSVs".
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 01:35   Link #6076
Tendou Souji

What I'd give for FT to have a chapter at least 10 months out of the year with a mobile suit revealed in each one. Hope we get a summary of the chapter soon. Silver Dwarf time, right?

Wait, the wing binders already have built in sabers. They are in the joint of the smaller wings. Unless you mean something else.

Last edited by Tendou Souji; 2014-05-25 at 22:30.
Old 2014-05-26, 11:16   Link #6077
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
What I'd give for FT to have a chapter at least 10 months out of the year with a mobile suit revealed in each one. Hope we get a summary of the chapter soon. Silver Dwarf time, right?
You mean you're willing to sell your soul to Sumizawa in order to continue FT!?!?! I wonder what kind of fun thing we'd encounter then...

On the plus side, it looks like GoL is still doing fine. With the exception of a few odd choices to change the story, I still love this plothole-riddled story.

So Deacon, if you still need someone to help you photoshop and type set, you can always drop me a line. I've got a good deal of free time and helping the fandom would be an honor ^_____^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 13:31   Link #6078
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Huh...that new Tallgeese isn't so ugly after all.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 19:08   Link #6079
balofo
Banned

New info:
-Dobergun is now Beam?(needs translation to confirm)
-New weapon! 4 Large Missile Launchers mounted in pairs on shoulders while wings are closed. Anti MD weapon?(needs translation to confirm)
-Beam sabers are stored on rear wings, same location as WZ

Looks like Heero escapes with the WZ this time, so we can guess who'll destroy the Tallgeese in GOL

Old 2014-05-27, 21:26   Link #6080
Tendou Souji

Whoa. They changed the plot? Could they be skipping over everyone piloting Zero? I'm not going to get too excited about possible changes.Wish we still got full scans. Geese having missiles is a great addition.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing