AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-08, 17:09   Link #21
kuromitsu

I love Aquarion but I'm not going to deny for a moment that it was gloriously, fabulously, romantically, self-awarely(? is that a word?) crazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was really made on illegal substances (re: Kawamori's stash of good stuff). Aquarion worked the best when it was firing on all cylinders with stuff like spiritual orgasms (including addiction to them), Zen's pithy words of wisdom, the dangers of dieting, those attack names, the titular mecha crawling on all fours or running around like an idiot, the beautiful designs, or Touma suffering beautifully while doing his jilted lover thing; and the worst when it remembered that it actually had a plot and tried to make sense. (You can have your TTGLs and whatnot, Tsugumi's "I love people!" is easily the best thing I've ever seen in mecha anime, with the end of the last episode a very close second.) To some extent this is also true to Evol, except for the involvement of Okada, and dragging the original Aquarion into the whole dog business.

As I said sometime earlier, if there's anyone who can make a project like Nobunaga the Fool work in all its weird, ambitious, romantic glory, it's Kawamori Shouji. You bet I'm very hyped for this show (and I fervently hope Miyano won't default to his usual "pretty boy" routine in the main role...).

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-11-08 at 17:22.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 18:06   Link #22
Bern-san

As long as Okada isn't involved I think we should be fine
Just the seiyuu cast makes it interesting.
Old 2013-11-08, 18:30   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The ANN article has a description from the staff of the stage play.
Spoiler for description of the stage play story & possibly of the anime as well:
How much of that also applies to the anime isn't clear. But it gives you some idea of where their thinking is going.
That sounds completely retarded. I'm in.
Old 2013-11-08, 22:31   Link #24
sky black swordman

Quote:
Cast:

Oda Nobunaga: Mamoru Miyano
Jeanne D'Arc: Yoko Hikasa
Akeichi Mitsuhide: Takahiro Sakurai
Toyotomi Hideyoshi: Yuki Kaiji
Ichihime: Minori Chihara
Leonardo Da Vinchi: Tomokazu Sugita
A cast with so many of my favorite seiyuu. For the moment, I'm only in for that cast.
Old 2013-11-09, 14:40   Link #25
Jun pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
A cast with so many of my favorite seiyuu. For the moment, I'm only in for that cast.
Haha, same goes for me.
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 14:51   Link #26
Dash_Hunter

I'm interested because of that synopsis and because Kawamori is involved.
I found some artwork and it looks great:
Spoiler for For Space:

By the way, Kawamori is not the director of this anime, it will be Eiichi Sato
The official page for this has opened: http://www.nobunaga.tv/

And here's the Staff according to it:
Original Creator/Series Composition/Mechanical Design: Shoji Kawamori
Director: Sato Eiichi
Original Character Design: Kazuki Yone
Character Design: Hirotaka Marufuji
Animation Production: Satelight
Production: Nobunaga the Fool Production Committee
Old 2013-11-09, 15:40   Link #27
Frontier

Kawamori is handling Series Composition? Interesting...

The pictures look nice. And the giant robot on a hover bike looks awesome .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 04:46   Link #28
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
By the way, Kawamori is not the director of this anime, it will be Eiichi Sato
I thought his name was Hidekazu, not Eiichi (same kanji, different reading). Anyway, Kawamori being the head writer plus all-around "original creator" is more than enough for me.

This show looks like something poor old Gonzo would've done... (in their better days) The mecha look awesome.
Old 2013-11-10, 06:16   Link #29
Friday
Im shy too...

Oda, Joan of Arc, Da Vinci......
why not call it "Warriors Orochi 4"
they are all from different time periods
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 07:01   Link #30
RollingPenguin

Good,I was afraid that Kawamori wouldn't have a lot of involvement in this project.Those mecha designs also look pretty insane,I cant wait for this!
RollingPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:25   Link #31
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, I looked at those pictures and thought "I'm feeling more Escaflowne than Aquarion here" and then remembered Kawamori worked on that show as well.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 21:42   Link #32
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Looks interesting with a weird synopsis and awesome cast...will check this out.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 10:56   Link #33
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Heh, I looked at those pictures and thought "I'm feeling more Escaflowne than Aquarion here" and then remembered Kawamori worked on that show as well.
Exactly! It's Escaflowne all over again. I dare think this show will include parts that were supposed to be in Escaflowne but had to be cut when it was shortened to 26 episodes from 39.

http://www.nobunaga.tv/staff.html
The background picture says it all. It is so Escaflowne-y.

http://the-fool-project.jp/world/
天啓は神の声か、幻か。
Is the divine revelation the voice of god? or is it an illusion?
Jeanne Kaguya D'Arc sees visions, and people think she brings misfortune - like Hitomi.

http://the-fool-project.jp/world/novel.html
Minor Arcane <- they even managed to reference tarot cards!

http://the-fool-project.jp/characters/
In the Western Planet there is King Arthur, and one of the Round Table Companions is the young Gaius Julius Caesar, warrior and womanizer. Caesar seems to be based on Allen, but if there is no Zaibach here he will probably play the part of Dilandau as the main character's arch-enemy. Da Vinci is probably based on Dryden (who was Kawamori's favorite character). His Renaissance in this case is the revival of battle armors (=mecha, I suppose) built by an ancient hypertechnologic civilization. Da Vinci is interested in the secrets of that civilization. The word "divine treasures" is thrown around; in Japanese that word refers to the three sacred treasures (sword, ball and mirror), but I don't know if that's the case here.

Man, I'm so hyped.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 12:05   Link #34
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
http://the-fool-project.jp/world/
天啓は神の声か、幻か。
Is the divine revelation the voice of god? or is it an illusion?
Jeanne Kaguya D'Arc sees visions, and people think she brings misfortune - like Hitomi.
I think that's more a reference to real life Jeanne D'arc
Old 2013-11-11, 13:37   Link #35
kuromitsu

Yeah, Escaflowne is one of my most favorite anime ever (and as far as I'm concerned it's nearly perfect), but I don't think there's a point in expecting this to be Esca 2, or trying to find parallels other than "fantasy world with mecha, also Kawamori." The setting and the characters seem much too different.

...damn, those concept artwork look ridiculously awesome. I hope the anime will get the animation budget to do them justice.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-11-11 at 14:29.
Old 2013-11-11, 15:29   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Ok, so at first I thought this was going to be a historical drama. Before I read Jeanne D'arc & Leonardo Da Vinci and saw that Stand(?) next to the guy on the poster. Is there a synopsis somewhere? Either way after his work on JJBA I've started to like Sugita so I'll watch just for him.
I thought the same thing.. I was completely un-prepared for Jeanne and Leonardo to make an appearance.
Old 2013-11-11, 16:32   Link #37
Dash_Hunter

I found more artwork, these two are used as background images on the official page:
Spoiler for For Space:

And I agree it reminds me of Escaflowne too, mostly because of the mechas, they even have two sizes here too like in Escaflowne with the Melefs and Guymelefs.
Maybe other thing similar is Jeanne D'arc having visions and traveling to another planet like Hitomi, I've read some people jokingly saying that maybe this is a secret sequel to Escaflowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Exactly! It's Escaflowne all over again. I dare think this show will include parts that were supposed to be in Escaflowne but had to be cut when it was shortened to 26 episodes from 39.
I remember reading somewhere that the parts that were cut were actually added to the Playstation game, those parts included Van and Merle traveling to Earth and a friend of Hitomi going to Gaea and fighting for Zaibach, so I doubt they'll use something from escaflowne in this one.

Anyway, I can't wait to watch this, I just hope that the story is good because having historical figures from Japan and europe together is still a little weird. Oh and since Kawamori is heavily involved, do you think we'll have a love triangle here?
Old 2013-11-11, 17:46   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Escaflowne is also one of my favorite anime of all time so I'll be very happy if this is anything like it. I'm not getting my hopes up though given how many times Kawamori has disappointed me in the past.
Old 2013-11-11, 21:13   Link #39
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Oh and since Kawamori is heavily involved, do you think we'll have a love triangle here?
I'd say if there's anyone with green hair, he or she is going to suffer dearly!
Old 2013-11-11, 22:38   Link #40
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Oda, Joan of Arc, Da Vinci......
why not call it "Warriors Orochi 4"
they are all from different time periods
Sounds like DRIFTERS from Kouta Hirano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I love Aquarion but I'm not going to deny for a moment that it was gloriously, fabulously, romantically, self-awarely(? is that a word?) crazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was really made on illegal substances (re: Kawamori's stash of good stuff). Aquarion worked the best when it was firing on all cylinders with stuff like spiritual orgasms (including addiction to them), Zen's pithy words of wisdom, the dangers of dieting, those attack names, the titular mecha crawling on all fours or running around like an idiot, the beautiful designs, or Touma suffering beautifully while doing his jilted lover thing; and the worst when it remembered that it actually had a plot and tried to make sense. (You can have your TTGLs and whatnot, Tsugumi's "I love people!" is easily the best thing I've ever seen in mecha anime, with the end of the last episode a very close second.) To some extent this is also true to Evol, except for the involvement of Okada, and dragging the original Aquarion into the whole dog business.

As I said sometime earlier, if there's anyone who can make a project like Nobunaga the Fool work in all its weird, ambitious, romantic glory, it's Kawamori Shouji. You bet I'm very hyped for this show (and I fervently hope Miyano won't default to his usual "pretty boy" routine in the main role...).
Or drama rain. It's always rain even in the friggin space!!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-16 at 10:51. Reason: removed meme image
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishonen, mecha