AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2017-09-14, 23:05   Link #261
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Submarines and cruise missiles. Or Orbital bombardment. About the only two ways to get North Korea to a point were they won't have the upper hand after about five minutes.
Old 2017-09-14, 23:24   Link #262
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
another one, seriously, just send the military in already, this needs to stop before something happens that can't be undone, this situation just keeps getting worse and worse
At this point, NK just might trigger Japan's re-militarisation. I mean, it had to happen eventually, it's just that the missile fly overs will speed things up. Citizens don't like to have their lives disrupted by missile alerts.

The citizens of Japan want to feel safe. So a boost in defensive tech is now very likely.
Old 2017-09-14, 23:28   Link #263
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
china neither don't want take control over NK and neither want to allow any USA friend(even south korea) control it.
I'm sorry, but that would be a lose-lose situation from China in the long run as well as a gross lack of responsibility coming from a so-called superpower. Why? Because, 1) North Korea has arrived to the point they do a Manuel Noriega and screw everyone up, and 2) China would miss a golden opportunity to gain points on the geopolitics chess board when they should test their new army in.

As much as I don't like China, they will have to send their army of p***ies in there sooner or later. Besides, all superpowers have unleashed hell against allies gone rogue many times in history. So China better put forward anything that will put some random Muppet on the throne instead of that family of psychopaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Submarines and cruise missiles. Or Orbital bombardment. About the only two ways to get North Korea to a point were they won't have the upper hand after about five minutes.
That's a very feasible option. That being said, I really wish the US had a satellite up there on the ready for kinetic bombardment with tungsten rods. Right now, North Korea deserves to get one rod up their asses (or rather upon their heads).
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 23:56   Link #264
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Interesting idea about the submarines and cruise missiles... the question is though, any guesses on if we have any patrolling that part of the world that would allow us to say "Cut this shit out or else we're going to bombard the hell out of you". One or two subs probably aren't going to be that effective, not to mention that if NK has the technology to detect these subs (which is really an assumption, even in this day and age) and possibly blockade them.

And while an Orbital laser is always a fun idea, there's too much politicking involved in getting even one up. Think the hysteria of Sputnik multiplied by 1000x (that one was just taking pictures... imagine the fighting over an actual weapon and who'd have access/control of it)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 04:54   Link #265
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
That's a very feasible option. That being said, I really wish the US had a satellite up there on the ready for kinetic bombardment with tungsten rods. Right now, North Korea deserves to get one rod up their asses (or rather upon their heads).
Sending all the B2 on multiples targets on a simultaneous attack would be a more realistic strategy . But more likely, there won't be any pre-entive strike from the US unless they really think they can erase/silence NK chain of command, neutralise all the artillery pointed toward Seoul, or don't care if Seoul get destroyed.
Old 2017-09-15, 05:33   Link #266
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Another ICBM come and gone over Hokkaido. This time, it went over the cape.

The public is starting to get pissed off at this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-15, 15:56   Link #267
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there are a number of Los Angeles-class, Virginia-class, three Seawolf-class, and a few Ohio-class submarines that carry cruise missiles normally now. The four or so Ohios that were converted for Tomahawks have a large number of them as well. So there are around 50 submarines in the US Navy that could perform that task.
Old 2017-09-16, 04:07   Link #268
AnimeFan188

Mystery Shocks at North Korea's Sacred Volcano
Trigger Eruption Fears After Nuclear Test:

"China has limited access to a nature reserve on its border with North Korea after
mysterious seismic shakes at the rogue nation's nuclear test site were detected less than
10 minutes after it launched a missile earlier this month.

Beijing reportedly closed the site over fears that underground detonations by the North
Koreans at a facility near Punggye-ri could lead to rockslides and even trigger an
eruption of the active volcano Mount Paektu, which is sacred to North Korea and located
right on the border between the two countries."

See:

http://www.newsweek.com/north-koreas...no-park-665517

A chance of a volcanic eruption on the China/North Korea border?

Maybe now the Chinese will get serious about pressuring North Korea to knock it off.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-16, 05:28   Link #269
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe they are practicing hitting fault lines for more collateral damage in their round the Pacific Rim nuking campaign.
Old 2017-09-17, 11:49   Link #270
AntonKutovoi

"If North Korea keeps on with this reckless behavior, if the United States has to defend itself or defend its allies in any way, North Korea will be destroyed, and we all know that, and none of us want that." - Nikki Haley, United States Ambassador to the United Nations.

Yeah, they'll DEFINETELY stop after these words. I can already see them disarming. I mean, that's what usually happens, when you threaten to destroy the country, right?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 12:13   Link #271
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
"If North Korea keeps on with this reckless behavior, if the United States has to defend itself or defend its allies in any way, North Korea will be destroyed, and we all know that, and none of us want that." - Nikki Haley, United States Ambassador to the United Nations.

Yeah, they'll DEFINETELY stop after these words. I can already see them disarming. I mean, that's what usually happens, when you threaten to destroy the country, right?
Your overblowing the statement. They said they'd destroy them in self-defense and the protection of their allies.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 14:32   Link #272
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That actually is the normal response to potential nuclear threat during the Cold War. Mutual Assured Destruction was more or less based on this concept. The United States and the Soviet Union knew full will that if either crossed the line, they would be destroyed, but in return, so would the other party.

The only difference is that it is more than likely that North Korea cannot deliver the mutual part of the equation to the United States. They should not have enough nukes, nor ranged missiles to deliver say nukes to the entire continental United States to cause mutual destruction should they cross the line. The United States has ample nuclear weapons and delivery methods to reduce North Korea into a glowing Korean Strait between China and South Korea.

So the United States is simply stating a fact. If you cross that nuclear line that was drawn in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s, you will be destroyed. That has been the rules for a long time now and all the nuclear powers know it. The first one to use nukes without first passing that information to the others will get nuked out of nearly automatic retaliation....by all the other nuclear powers. World Death tends to keep world leaders from seriously pushing that button. Trump might be contemplating using said nukes against smaller target, but is also (hopefully) letting the other powers know so they don't automatically shoot back when they are not the target.

But if North Korea crosses that line...they will be quite, quite dead. That is the line even China will not stop the Americans from retaliating.
Old 2017-09-17, 18:41   Link #273
The Green One

I'm pretty sure the whole point of NK having nukes is their fearless leader is afraid someone, a.k.a the US or one of it's proxies, is going to invade them. They're simply a cat puffing themselves up trying to look bigger than they actually are. Problem is with how far this has gone he can't back down without looking weak. He'll keep on rattling the saber and launching missiles into the ocean to try to make everyone back off and leave them alone even though it'll only make the rest of the world get that much more aggressive.

No one will back down on either side as they can't afford to look weak in regards to nukes, and sooner or later someone is going to get jumpy and do something they can't take back...
Old 2017-09-17, 21:25   Link #274
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'm pretty sure the whole point of NK having nukes is their fearless leader is afraid someone, a.k.a the US or one of it's proxies, is going to invade them. They're simply a cat puffing themselves up trying to look bigger than they actually are. Problem is with how far this has gone he can't back down without looking weak. He'll keep on rattling the saber and launching missiles into the ocean to try to make everyone back off and leave them alone even though it'll only make the rest of the world get that much more aggressive.

No one will back down on either side as they can't afford to look weak in regards to nukes, and sooner or later someone is going to get jumpy and do something they can't take back...
North Korea can defend itself very simply; by relying on China's own nuclear umbrella. As long as NK repair its relationship with China, there would have been no fear of invasions. The recent escalations is NK's own doing after damaging Chinese relations.
Old 2017-09-17, 21:26   Link #275
The Green One

Could be that NK just doesn't want to be subservient to anyone.
Old 2017-09-17, 21:48   Link #276
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Could be that NK just doesn't want to be subservient to anyone.
That's hardly going to change if it keeps firing missiles at people. Israel has nukes but they didn't feel the need to advertise. North Korea as a country is simply not self-sustaining, and currently they are merely getting supported by Russia so they are still subservient to them instead.
Old 2017-09-18, 02:07   Link #277
Key Board
Carbon

It seems to me that NK's antics aren't just aimed at US and allies but also China
perhaps this is NK's way of saying don't interfere. We are deterrent capable.
or maybe this is NK's way of advertising to Russia

In the long term, both Russia and China want the US influence in international politics to be weakened
Though China's economy is much better than Russia, and it's also more tied into the US
I guess that makes Russia nervous

But can NK even be controlled?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 03:09   Link #278
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
But can NK even be controlled?
In short: no.

That guy has the profile of another Manuel Noriega who would go as far as to live on illegal activities if that allows him to hold onto power.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 04:00   Link #279
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

One has to remember that North Korea once was living a cushy existence under the Soviet Union. And that things only went South after the Sovet Union collapsed.
The aid from China was always uneasy, it makes a lot of sense that NK might want the good old days back by allying with Russia now.
Old 2017-09-25, 18:59   Link #280
Blueknight78

looks like trump tactical of "tauting" the enemie is going steady:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89314169823232
Quote:
Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!
if he keep doing his "idiot plans" be ready to the third war and a "very odd one full of nuke missiles.