Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-10-25, 21:44   Link #1
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Simpsons Does Death Note

Honestly I feel like The Simpsons really hasn’t been relevant for decades, but this looks pretty fun. Animated for “Treehouse of Horror 2022” by the original DN studio, DR Movie.

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/s...wIMHU4atKAGvwg

I think the casting is a bit odd - I’d have gone with Bart as Light and Lisa as L, like the comic, and Krusty seems like a natural for Ryuk.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 02:52   Link #2
GDB

Nah, Lisa as Light actually makes a lot of sense. While she's often portrayed as the smartest around, it's really because everyone else around her is dumb as hell. There's multiple instances, at least in early seasons, where it's shown she's definitely gifted but also not nearly as smart as she likes to think she is.

Even if this is the entirety of the Treehouse of Horror episode (old ones used to be like 3 mini shots, but not sure if that's still the case), it likely won't make it to L unless they massively skip around the timeline. If they do introduce L, I imagine it'd either be Allison (the one in an early season episode to completely show Lisa up, but just wanted to be friends) or Martin.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 15:40   Link #3
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Even if this is the entirety of the Treehouse of Horror episode (old ones used to be like 3 mini shots, but not sure if that's still the case)
It's still the case (the It parody that aired earlier this week a bonus Halloween treat alongside the regular THOH episode), with the other stories this year spoofing The Babadook and Westworld (although one tweet suggests that the Westworld parody will also spoof Escape from Tomorrow).
Old 2022-10-26, 20:35   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Modern Simpsons doing something interesting? Hmm, well, that's refreshing. I do like them getting the original animators to do it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-26, 22:35   Link #5
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I was not expecting anime Disco Stu. Not in the video but Homer and Marge look kinda wild:

stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-31, 08:05   Link #6
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

^ The anime reinterpretation of Homer is kinda par for the course if you remember the live action version of the opening the series did in the early 2000s:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Marge's more demure hairdo, however, was more of a surprise.

The DN segment in the episode was alright albeit too succinct for me (well, it's not like they were allotted much time, what with there being three stories in this Treehouse of Horror), but I think I had more fun picking up the callbacks and other nods in the Westworld-inspired short story that came after that.
Old 2022-11-05, 02:38   Link #7
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So Lisa is Light and reminds me of Satoko from Higuashi.

Man I never saw that plot twist coming.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 18:15   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I watched it and the only thing remotely interesting about it was seeing the characters drawn in "anime style". Had they seriously never done that in almost 35 years though?

I did find it pretty funny Lisa got the ending a lot of fans thought Light would. Not sure if that was done on purpose.
Old 2022-11-18, 10:38   Link #9
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That was certainly fun to watch; this also piqued my desire to re-watch the original Death Note again at some point.
Old 2022-11-18, 11:53   Link #10
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The original Death Note is a rewatch for me every year. Araki made the second arc much less of a drag than the manga. It also help I love Mello's voice actor: Nozomu Sasaki, aka Yusuke Urameshi, Tetsuo Shima, Johann Liebert and Anotsu.