AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-15, 22:26   Link #601
OpenDoors

Might be a repost but I just saw it on youtube and its awsome! (too bad cant read japanese though haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOMr...eature=related
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:29   Link #602
Neovoid

I wonder if there's any other upgrades for your tanks. The M4 Sherman could also be equipped with a Mine Flail for clearing mine fields. Bulldozers for clearing enemy blockades and tank traps. Or make them amphibious like the DD Tank.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 03:24   Link #603
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenDoors View Post
Might be a repost but I just saw it on youtube and its awsome!
Sweet, I like your avatar, Soma Peries right??, I've always liked sub-characters over main characters.
example: I don't like Welkin, Alicia, or Faldio, nor Rosie, Largo or Varrot or Ellet.
My favorite Valkyria Chronicles characters are: Nadine, Lynn, Isara, Aisha, all non-main characters
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 06:15   Link #604
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I found a few more videos on the website (it's been completely updated now), but I'm having some trouble discerning what they're about.

If I had to guess, it's that certain missions are meant to be for particular characters, and not just the main three. If so, that's a very cool addition; it'd surely let us get to know our new cast very well.

http://valkyria2.jp/battle04.html

Can anyone offer some more insight?
The first vid is about having more varied mission objectives, such as sending a particular unit to a specified destination, collecting several items on the battlefield, or defeating a specified enemy. Except that not all of them are new, but anyway...

The second vid shows off the different sorts of battlefields you will fight in. (That's a badass tank Avan runs into there)

Your guess seems correct; on top of that, I think clearing those missions unlocks new Potentials for those characters.
Old 2010-01-17, 07:58   Link #605
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Maybe they wanted to go for a different look. Selvaria was: Patient, cool headed, and didn't seem to enjoy/care for battle/fighting in general. She wasn't seen screaming, wide eyed or looking like she enjoyed fighting, seemed to be doing it for Maximillians sake not her own.

This Aliasse looks like the extreme opposite of Selvaria...these two CAN'T be related!!.

And if there's 1 other then Selvaria...then are there many??, it would be dope to see more Valkyria around. Aliasse being here proves there are more...
Spoiler for maybe...:
No need t look that far, we already had proof there were more Valkyria out there with Alicia. I remember posting the theory that the war with Galia, and the discovery of Selveria and Alicia send a surge of Valkyria testing throughout the world, returning what was once legend back to reality.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 22:51   Link #606
Runty

People, I've just found something HUGE. A first ever good look at Aliasse in action. And she is absolutely BADASS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHzuvXAwIY

It's only an anime cutscene, yes, but we now have a relatively good look at what our loli-Valkyria is capable of. And it looks like our suspicions were right:
Spoiler for ...:
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 23:57   Link #607
Snowman24

Dang...her and Selvarias fighting style certainly is different. and yeah, I heard Mama as well. Oh boy, can't wait to see more from her
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 00:53   Link #608
Neovoid

I highly doubt Class G will be depending on her forever whenever the Artificial Valkyrur Units are deployed on the battlefield. I wonder have they considered shooting at their two shoulder mounted "Telsa Coil" generators?

It worked for me when I was fighting a similar enemy in another game who were also bulletproof armed with some kind of a hand carried Beam Cannon that can bend and seek out foes erasing them from existence. The only conventional way of defeating them was to destroy their two shoulder mounted generators which exposes the main generator and shooting that causes this enemy to explode. The other option is to fire your Bazooka or BFG at it multiple times unit he explodes (they're strong enough to tank multiple shots from the most powerful gun in the gamire).

It also worked when fighting Maximilliam when we had to take out all the "Tesla Coil" generators before we can actually do any real damage to him.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 01:34   Link #609
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
People, I've just found something HUGE. A first ever good look at Aliasse in action. And she is absolutely BADASS!
That was certainly interesting; thanks for bringing it to our attention. Apparently the term 'psycho brat' has turned out to be somewhat fitting after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I highly doubt Class G will be depending on her forever whenever the Artificial Valkyrur Units are deployed on the battlefield. I wonder have they considered shooting at their two shoulder mounted "Telsa Coil" generators?
Well, if that's the cutscene associated with the introduction of the Alpha-Victors, I would trust that yes, someone would consider that at some later point. If shooting those out doesn't make for an outright kill, it might force the trooper to switch to an alternative weapon for safety reasons.

Quote:
It worked for me when I was fighting a similar enemy in another game who were also bulletproof armed with some kind of a hand carried Beam Cannon that can bend and seek out foes erasing them from existence...
Ah, the 'beam troopers' from the new Wolfenstien. See also in this vein: the minibosses/uber-mooks from Killzone 2 and Army of Two: The 40th Day.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 02:51   Link #610
cloner4000

But the Artificial Unit aren't exactly the same as the one maximillian uses it is actually portable for one but the whip does look very strong..although how the lance become flexible baffle me.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 18:25   Link #611
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

And the mysterious increase in size of Selveria's lance didn't?

S'just Ragnite doing crazy things as usual.

that said, now I'm really lamenting the likely absence of a Japanese audio track. Little Aliasse has a delicious psycho voice.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 18:33   Link #612
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
that said, now I'm really lamenting the likely absence of a Japanese audio track. Little Aliasse has a delicious psycho voice.
She'll probably have an equally psycho voice in the English release. To my knowledge, they don't change characterization too much.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 19:45   Link #613
cloner4000

Consider they nailed a lot of voice in VC1 maybe it's not hopeless yet. In my opinion English Voice for Jann is just spot on. Jane voice sounds a bit psycho too. Edy's Tsudere voice wasn't bad too. So maybe it's not hopeless yet.

But the lance goes straight out so it might work as a contraction of sort. Not something as flexible as a whip. But common sense doesn't really apply here I suppose your right about that.

It being a PSP game probably highly unlikely to have Japanese if they opt for the English voice. Voice files take up a lot of room.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 03:34   Link #614
animee1

http://valkyria2.jp/images/popup_movie6.flv

Multiplayer :3
Old 2010-01-19, 04:36   Link #615
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

On sale in Hong Kong now for HK$420 (US$55), complete with preorder bonus.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 13:02   Link #616
Runty

It's out in HK already? Niceness.

This may sound a little greedy, but to anyone who might've gotten an early copy, think you could provide some gameplay videos? Can't find much on Youtube.

Don't make Nicovideo links, however; I can't use that website.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 07:35   Link #617
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

New Valk confirmed to be recruitable as a scout for now. You cannot use her Valk Powers it seems, understandable since it will make the game unbalanced.

PS :- The above pix are not mine, as I'm still deciding whether to pick this or KH BBS.
Old 2010-01-20, 08:56   Link #618
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
New Valk confirmed to be recruitable as a scout for now. You cannot use her Valk Powers it seems, understandable since it will make the game unbalanced.
I wonder if any Valkyria, out of Valkyria mode, are not scouts.
Old 2010-01-20, 09:05   Link #619
kosmos

I don't know the details but Welkin, Rosie and other people from the first game is one the game. Is not only the characters announced in the website, there is more.
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 09:26   Link #620
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど